Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UPDATE][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System  (Read 169229 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:27:09 PM

Will V2 have a windows installer? And the "drag to app folder" for mac. I think this is very big. We can't have people that want to use Neos, and can not get the system working. It is hard for tech people understand the importance of this because they can't unlearn what they know, and it seems like things are simple, and they may be, but we need "next, next, finish". A wizard. I believe that syntaks said this would be the case, I'm just checking to make sure.

From speaking to him in irc earlier I am pretty sure this is exactly what he is working on

BINTEX

Powered by,
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:55:29 PM

can someone link the site that shows current coin count, I know its under 2 mil but looking for exact number since its so cheap now may as well buy em all.

Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:35:36 PM

can someone link the site that shows current coin count, I know its under 2 mil but looking for exact number since its so cheap now may as well buy em all.

I know, I'm breaking some of my rules with this one. I invest in the developer, more than just the coin.

In the first pages, at the very beginning, I didn't even believe the coin was real. I questioned that the dev could produce what he said he could. I was like, I've heard all this before, exchange in wallet and the other features. I was like where's your escrow? lol

Then the dev made a youtube video of the wallet working, had his coin on Bittrex, and had trusted members of the community vouching for him.

And all this happened within a couple hours of my questionable post.

hours, that's what I'm investing in, a dev like that. There are a few other devs out there this good, we know that, but they don't have a coin that has V2 around the corner, and crazy people selling for 20,000! They just don't know any better. They are selling the whales, and some of us, all their coins for next to nothing.

Sure, there are competitors out there, but look at the value placed their coins. You just don't get a coin of this scale, at this price, everyday.

I keep saying that's it, then buying a few more, and a few more lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:41:16 PM

Qt/help/console/getmininginfo

BINTEX

Powered by,
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:56:34 PM

Qt/help/console/getmininginfo

15:56:15

getmininginfo

15:56:15

{
"blocks" : 7775,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"pow_algo_id" : 0,
"pow_algo" : "sha256d",
"difficulty" : 4644490.37329289,
"difficulty_sha256d" : 4644490.37329289,
"difficulty_x11" : 1595.07486067,
"difficulty_blake" : 197925.62364145,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

Tried that already, there was a site that showed it but i lost the bookmark.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:03:47 PM

1,050,000 for the ICO +
100 for the fair launch period {1000 blocks *0.1} +
(Current block count-1000)*50

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
yak

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 08:52:49 PM

you can get the current amount of coins by going to the block explorer
http://explorer.neoscoin.com
see that 'outstanding' that is how many coins are have been mined so far.
hope that helps

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
yak

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 08:58:40 PM

Ok I tried to close the QT wallet and that didnt work, I tried using the port it says it can not connect to because it said it was a local host so i figured what the hey try it and see, yeaaaa that didnt work either. I do not think I cahn possibly be doing something wrong, I mean seriously, its 3 frakin steps right HAHAHA how can you screw that up LOL

still getting no connect and black screens ion both firefox and chrome

AND explorer HAHA tried them all just in case

that's because you (the web scripts) are getting a connection refused when trying to connect to the neoscoin's api port. (this could be for a number of reasons)

i'm sure syntaks will get you sorted out when he gets back in awhile, he was going to do something with his daughter today as far as i know. in the meantime the qt wallet will work for doing any sort of normal tasks tho.

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
MinerMario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:13:56 PM

I know, I'm breaking some of my rules with this one. I invest in the developer, more than just the coin.

In the first pages, at the very beginning, I didn't even believe the coin was real. I questioned that the dev could produce what he said he could. I was like, I've heard all this before, exchange in wallet and the other features. I was like where's your escrow? lol

Then the dev made a youtube video of the wallet working, had his coin on Bittrex, and had trusted members of the community vouching for him.

And all this happened within a couple hours of my questionable post.

hours, that's what I'm investing in, a dev like that. There are a few other devs out there this good, we know that, but they don't have a coin that has V2 around the corner, and crazy people selling for 20,000! They just don't know any better. They are selling the whales, and some of us, all their coins for next to nothing.

Sure, there are competitors out there, but look at the value placed their coins. You just don't get a coin of this scale, at this price, everyday.

I keep saying that's it, then buying a few more, and a few more lol

+++

The problem isn't that there is anything wrong with this coin or it's dev so far, it's that there was no *real* volume outside of the pump groups and there was no *real* support at post pump prices to hold it up there. It wasn't possible to just take some profits or leave the position without causing huge price swings because of the low volume.

That's what happened this weekend. People see the price is way too high with very little volume or new news to justify the huge price jumps, so they start taking their profits if they were in before the pump, or start mitigating losses if they bought in at the top. And with such low volume on the buy side, the market can't absorb it. The trend is constantly down and that reinforces itself.

Meanwhile obnoxious shitcoins like EthanCoin and CoCoCoin have a combined 250BTC volume today. That's the true crypto community of today, how they love their pump and dumps. Reminds me of Judgecoin. Honest dev, did PoD before there was a PoD, had a solid coin albeit not so feature rich. Had a great community but it languished, got pumped once, sidestepped for a while and died. It likely will be de-listed soon and the dev is already gone. There was no scam there, just no interest.

Even having a really good product with a great dev like NEOS is by no means going to mean a win. It might be an intellectual challenge for syntaks and yak and they will do great things, but you can't trade it well in this environment because of all this BS.

Just two sats worth.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:39:36 PM

ya unfortunately people aren't smart and like to buy weekly pump coins... i tend to stand alone on twitter with most of my investments. I buy into the devs never really the actual coin itself ... but in this case neos has it all , incredible devs that won't quit on us and will continue to deliver plus neos has unique features , people will see this when V2 is launched and people learn more about arbitrush (unique anon off the block chain )...

don't be sheep and follow the heard , be the Shepard and move the heard yourselves Wink

keep up the greatness two turtles!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:55:02 PM

The problem isn't that there is anything wrong with this coin or it's dev so far, it's that there was no *real* volume outside of the pump groups and there was no *real* support at post pump prices to hold it up there. It wasn't possible to just take some profits or leave the position without causing huge price swings because of the low volume.

That's what happened this weekend. People see the price is way too high with very little volume or new news to justify the huge price jumps, so they start taking their profits if they were in before the pump, or start mitigating losses if they bought in at the top. And with such low volume on the buy side, the market can't absorb it. The trend is constantly down and that reinforces itself.

Meanwhile obnoxious shitcoins like EthanCoin and CoCoCoin have a combined 250BTC volume today. That's the true crypto community of today, how they love their pump and dumps. Reminds me of Judgecoin. Honest dev, did PoD before there was a PoD, had a solid coin albeit not so feature rich. Had a great community but it languished, got pumped once, sidestepped for a while and died. It likely will be de-listed soon and the dev is already gone. There was no scam there, just no interest.

Even having a really good product with a great dev like NEOS is by no means going to mean a win. It might be an intellectual challenge for syntaks and yak and they will do great things, but you can't trade it well in this environment because of all this BS.

Just two sats worth.

Different people buy coins for different reasons. For me, I'm trying to amass wealth by taking the risks necessary to provide a new global economic system suited for the 21st century, just like the early people mining BTC with their CPU's and GPU's did. They were all rewarded. The people trading in this other way are also distributing coins and doing their part, and should be rewarded too, but it's zero-sum which means it basically comes down to tricking other traders and that doesn't have the same long-term potential. I can afford to buy and hold.

For me, I'm already thinking of a BTC as having a value in atoma, rather than the Neos being valued in satoshis!

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:01:21 PM

Just two sats worth.

The whole altcoin market volume is very low at the moment and there is a lack of interest in trading alts generally. I guess the volume on coins like Coco are faked. Other coins with unique features like Storjcoin X, XC, VIA, RZR, VRC have low volume too.
2 Month ago the top traded coins had more than 5000BTC volume/day. Now people are thinking 300BTC is the top of the hype.

I believe in syntaks and his team and as soon the next btc bullrun is starting, a lot of alts and Neos will benefit from this.

ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:34:05 PM

Just two sats worth.

The whole altcoin market volume is very low at the moment and there is a lack of interest in trading alts generally. I guess the volume on coins like Coco are faked. Other coins with unique features like Storjcoin X, XC, VIA, RZR, VRC have low volume too.
2 Month ago the top traded coins had more than 5000BTC volume/day. Now people are thinking 300BTC is the top of the hype.

I believe in syntaks and his team and as soon the next btc bullrun is starting, a lot of alts and Neos will benefit from this.

very true Wink

ill keep accumulating till that day comes Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
MinerMario

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:48:47 PM

Just two sats worth.

Different people buy coins for different reasons. For me, I'm trying to amass wealth by taking the risks necessary to provide a new global economic system suited for the 21st century, just like the early people mining BTC with their CPU's and GPU's did. They were all rewarded. The people trading in this other way are also distributing coins and doing their part, and should be rewarded too, but it's zero-sum which means it basically comes down to tricking other traders and that doesn't have the same long-term potential. I can afford to buy and hold.

For me, I'm already thinking of a BTC as having a value in atoma, rather than the Neos being valued in satoshis!

I am with the whole alternate currency thing, trust me. It's why I tend to lose money a lot. Smiley I hate the banks, and the king assholes who run them so I dabble in this new currency. The interest in this new form of currency has been badly and perhaps even fatally wounded by the never ending scams and shady shit.

You think in BTC going to the moon. I see Russian Mafia gangsters who used to scam penny stocks to old people in New York and fled to this domain because the law hasn't caught up here yet. And that's a damn shame, because you will never get fairness in crypto markets without government intervention and jail time for criminals, but once there are laws on how cryptos will be run the *real* gangsters those bankers will set themselves up and run it as well.

Kind of a catch 22.

In the mean time coming back from off-topic post. I think NEOS will be okay shortly. Just need to flush out the damage from the initial pumps and try and place a true value on it. Then the people will come begging to get in.

Automatic Monkey

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:52:51 PM

[

A lesson can be learned from an altcoin that I'm embarrassed to even own. The concept seemed ridiculous on its face, but you can buy products with WKC for considerably less than the equivalent in fiat, and the reason is those sites can lose up to 40% of their income in chargebacks, and that's not possible with crypto. There were sites that accepted it even before it was trading, and because the products are priced independently in both fiat and WKC that provides a stable real-world value for the coin, promoted by an attribute of the coin. It's not anon but its separation from the BTC blockchain prevents it from being linked to you through your non-embarrasing purchases with BTC.

Too many alts, and yeah people will mine/buy them because they're alts and could be "the next big thing," but there has to be a way to use them for something that isn't zero-sum for them to grow, and with few exceptions that hasn't happened. I'm sure our devs are working on this as a high priority. As a rule the higher the markup and the greater the likelihood of chargebacks due to the nature of the customers (porn addicts, drug addicts, gambling addicts) the more suitable crypto is as the means of exchange.

MinerMario

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:29:27 AM

[

A lesson can be learned from an altcoin that I'm embarrassed to even own. The concept seemed ridiculous on its face, but you can buy products with WKC for considerably less than the equivalent in fiat, and the reason is those sites can lose up to 40% of their income in chargebacks, and that's not possible with crypto. There were sites that accepted it even before it was trading, and because the products are priced independently in both fiat and WKC that provides a stable real-world value for the coin, promoted by an attribute of the coin. It's not anon but its separation from the BTC blockchain prevents it from being linked to you through your non-embarrasing purchases with BTC.

Too many alts, and yeah people will mine/buy them because they're alts and could be "the next big thing," but there has to be a way to use them for something that isn't zero-sum for them to grow, and with few exceptions that hasn't happened. I'm sure our devs are working on this as a high priority. As a rule the higher the markup and the greater the likelihood of chargebacks due to the nature of the customers (porn addicts, drug addicts, gambling addicts) the more suitable crypto is as the means of exchange.

Well WKC does have one important feature over 99.9% of all other altcoins. You can spend it for something useful. Smiley Smiley

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:17:20 AM

Ok I double clicked setup,
I double clicked run
and the wallet synced in,
I put http://127.0.0.1:18000 into my browser and all I have is a black screen is this normal?

I thought something was supposed to be there HAHA maybe I am missing something

ALSO is there a config file and how do i solo mine this coin with SHA-256 rigs, since I cant see all the cool features due to my black browser page I can see the difficulty. I am very interested in this coin I just cant figure it all out HAHA

Thanks

Incredibly sorry for the latent response I had a family situation today.  Do you have TeamViewer?  I could fix you right up I'm sure within minutes.  Just minimize/close whatever you'd prefer to keep private or not want me seeing.  I'm willing to bet this is because a custom directory was used and in v2 this will all be circumvented by a standard Windows installation path with a Windows installer.  Sorry for any inconvenience, this is only surfacing on select systems and so far, just a few.

Regards,

syntaks

darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:09:36 AM

i deserve a reward all my eggs in 1 basket that how much i beleave
cacvy3

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:20:33 AM

i deserve a reward all my eggs in 1 basket that how much i believe
Same here.  I have over 90% of my btc in this.  Hold strong, and you will be glad you did. 
Jake_Shake

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:56:13 AM

Good coin, top notch developer. That in itself will command 25-30k once more people catch on.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: