Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:11:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UPDATE][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System  (Read 169235 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:55:45 PM

If we can get V2 out by friday that would be great. I think it would break my heart to see Neos go though another Monday. People are starting to lose a little faith, which is fine to a point, but if we have too much of our base supporters give up, I don't see them buying back in once we hit 100.

With no screencasts and screenshots, it will be one BIG update, which I agree with, let it all come out at once. Instead of a little bit at a time, it just loses it's effect. So I support the devs plan.

But it's been awhile now, and too much longer will cause damage to the coin. The whole thing with this coin is big promises made, and big promises kept. I just don't want to lose too many people along the way. We will pick up more, but it's best if we continue to build the base, and not just replace what we lost.

My main point is a little urgency is necessary at this stage, but of course not at the expense of the quality.

Lose faith in what? Why, because a new wallet came out next week instead of this week? That's a little crazy, no?

It doesn't matter how many wallets you have, a currency is going to have to be adopted by millions of people before it becomes successful, and the v2 wallet alone isn't going to do that. I'm not planning on having any great wealth from owning Neos for years.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:18:17 PM

gimme more neos at 15k! been waiting for days ...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:34:34 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 11:45:32 PM by Chris001

If we can get V2 out by friday that would be great. I think it would break my heart to see Neos go though another Monday. People are starting to lose a little faith, which is fine to a point, but if we have too much of our base supporters give up, I don't see them buying back in once we hit 100.

With no screencasts and screenshots, it will be one BIG update, which I agree with, let it all come out at once. Instead of a little bit at a time, it just loses it's effect. So I support the devs plan.

But it's been awhile now, and too much longer will cause damage to the coin. The whole thing with this coin is big promises made, and big promises kept. I just don't want to lose too many people along the way. We will pick up more, but it's best if we continue to build the base, and not just replace what we lost.

My main point is a little urgency is necessary at this stage, but of course not at the expense of the quality.

Lose faith in what? Why, because a new wallet came out next week instead of this week? That's a little crazy, no?

It doesn't matter how many wallets you have, a currency is going to have to be adopted by millions of people before it becomes successful, and the v2 wallet alone isn't going to do that. I'm not planning on having any great wealth from owning Neos for years.

I apologize if I wasn't clear enough. Going from where we are now, to "millions of people adopting and using the system" is a process.

I believe we will be successful no matter how long V2 takes to come out. I'm just talking about the best course of action, what would be the best to reach our goal of millions of people coming on board.

It all starts with a base. Everything builds upon what is already there.

Yes, if it comes out next week, it won't be the end of the world. But we are starting to lost some of our original supporters, and this is a negative. And don't get me wrong there will be things that are a plus, and things that are a negative.

My point is that we are starting to lose some people here, which is ok, I just don't want to lost too many because if we want to get to the millions, we need to be adding, and not replacing.

We have seen a lot of people jump ship already, call them inpatient, weak hands, and yes they are. But they supported Neos, and we lost them. This is ok, but we want to minimize this as best as possible.  

I don't think it's incorrect to say that some urgency at this point is needed. Not "must be released before Friday" or were in big trouble.

I'm just stating the situation as I see it.

Just saying it would be most optimal, to start getting the show on the road as soon as it can be done, without sacrificing the quality.

This should be focused on, as a great V2 released too late can lose some of it's effect too.

It should be something that the devs should be starting to think of at this point, that's all

Like it or not, the timing is starting to become a factor. And to be clear, I'm highly invested in Neos, as are my clients, and were not going anywhere, were in for the long haul!!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:59:43 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 12:18:21 AM by tempus

Guys, please... don't make that pressure. Neoscoin started 22 days ago. In this phase the up and down of the price is irrelevant. For a crypto it's stable anyway. And the "original supporters" who are leaving now, let them go. In Bitcoin everybody who bought in the first 2 years is an "early Adopter" and now it's about losing "original supporters" after 3 weeks?  

Finally we've found a great project with a great team. Please, don't burn them out with pressure-making! ;-)
yak

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 12:13:28 AM

some points:

1) the launch for neos was slated for the 14th of sept... syntaks worked his ass off to push out an early version of the wallet for people because they were demanding it. its now sept 9th, not even the original launch date yet...
2) syntaks has figuratively bent over backwards to help people by personally going onto their computers and helping fix things when they go wrong.
3) its coming together as quickly as we can but we aren't going to "rush" something for the sake of lost quality.

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:19:46 AM

Guys, please... don't make that pressure. Neoscoin started 22 days ago. In this phase the up and down of the price is irrelevant. For a crypto it's stable anyway. And the "original supporters" who are leaving now, let them go. In Bitcoin everybody who bought in the first 2 years is a "early Adopter" and now it's about losing "original supporters" after 3 weeks? 

Finally we've found a great project with a great team. Please, don't burn them out with pressure-making! ;-)

I am not trying to pressure the devs.

Especially at the early stages of a project, not only the product, but timing is a factor as well, and now more than before.

Just something I'm suggesting they focus on as well as the product itself. Not pressure, just awareness of the effect timing can have at the early stages of a project. I wish it wasn't a factor, but it is.

Not the end of the world, just a factor we should be conscious of at this point. I only want the best for Neos, and I am just trying to help, not freak anyone out here. Just something that I'm noticing that is starting to become a factor here.

It's not about rushing them, or putting pressure on them, but pointing it out as a piece of the puzzle here.

Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
rhkazani1

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:20:29 AM

some points:

1) the launch for neos was slated for the 14th of sept... syntaks worked his ass off to push out an early version of the wallet for people because they were demanding it. its now sept 9th, not even the original launch date yet...
2) syntaks has figuratively bent over backwards to help people by personally going onto their computers and helping fix things when they go wrong.
3) its coming together as quickly as we can but we aren't going to "rush" something for the sake of lost quality.

Yak,

Most of the people here are to make quick bucks! You seriously don't need these people, they don't deserve an explanation, relax and take your time though keep us posted  so that the community stays intact.....
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:21:58 AM

some points:

I couldn't agree more, we don't want a trade off for quality.

I appreciate all the hard work, just pointing out that timing is part of the whole picture is all.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

Folks,

I understand the sense of urgency I truly do - to the tune of me literally telling my day-job I couldn't code for them really because I had to focus on Neos.  After the improved version of Arbitrush is finished, next in line is the Poloniex API functions.  Once yak is ready with the design, this all gets put together like a sandwich and released to the public.  I don't mind doing anything and everything I can for the community - I love you guys, you're the blood that pumps through Neos.  I haven't and won't stop until v2 is 100% complete and perfect.

Best regards,

syntaks

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:42:26 AM

Guys, please... don't make that pressure. Neoscoin started 22 days ago. In this phase the up and down of the price is irrelevant. For a crypto it's stable anyway. And the "original supporters" who are leaving now, let them go. In Bitcoin everybody who bought in the first 2 years is a "early Adopter" and now it's about losing "original supporters" after 3 weeks? 

I am not trying to pressure the devs.

Especially at the early stages of a project, not only the product, but timing is a factor as well, and now more than before.

Just something I'm suggesting they focus on as well as the product itself. Not pressure, just awareness of the effect timing can have at the early stages of a project. I wish it wasn't a factor, but it is.

Not the end of the world, just a factor we should be conscious of at this point. I only want the best for Neos, and I am just trying to help, not freak anyone out here. Just something that I'm noticing that is starting to become a factor here.

It's not about rushing them, or putting pressure on them, but pointing it out as a piece of the puzzle here.

I don't mean it personally and I know you are supportive. But under the line it is pressure. You talk about timing, and yes: Timing is not irrelevant. But timing is about how things fit together. It would be bad timing to make a great release but without communicate it for some days. It would be bad timing to release something that could be technically great but nobody gets it, because the design is lacking. It would be bad timing to hype something weeks before and than delay the release and so on.

But, we see nothing that way. There is daily communication, there is nearly everyday progress. Yesterday Poloniex added Neos. Mintpal will follow. V2 will come. This is a time just a few people even know about Neos and it's normal and it will change.
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

Folks,

I understand the sense of urgency I truly do - to the tune of me literally telling my day-job I couldn't code for them really because I had to focus on Neos.  After the improved version of Arbitrush is finished, next in line is the Poloniex API functions.  Once yak is ready with the design, this all gets put together like a sandwich and released to the public.  I don't mind doing anything and everything I can for the community - I love you guys, you're the blood that pumps through Neos.  I haven't and won't stop until v2 is 100% complete and perfect.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks, for the clarity on the subject. I think that is good for the community.

To be clear, just because people are focused on all aspects of the things that can lead to the success of the coin, this DOES NOT mean someone is looking for the first exit, or a quick buck. For some this may signal to be the case, but for me this is not the case.

I'm watching what is going on, and I just don't want to see a small part get overlooked, and I did not think it was. I only wanted it to be made clear to all of us, and those who are watching this closely, and in my opinion, there are many, as this project has a lot of potential and many people know it.

This reassurance is good for the coin.

For those that think anyone watching the markets, and watching the coin, and making suggestions to help make it apparent to the community and everyone watching, that the devs are on top of that part of the big picture, are in some way not people to be listened to, and people that we "can do without", need to rethink how their attitude is received by the community. Is this approach, and way of labeling supporters of Neos, something that helps Neos??

Again, I want to thank the devs, and all their hard work, and most importantly, keeping everyone informed, that you are aware of all the aspects associated with the successful accent of Neos to a premier system, that is worthy of serious long term investment.

silverduck

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:53:30 AM

Keep giving me cheap coins =)
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:22:26 AM

I am impressed with this team and I've picked up a few K more coins at such bargain prices.
ereborltc

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:03:55 AM

Folks,

Best regards,

syntaks
+1

perfection Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
RedZeppelin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:03:32 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 05:38:52 AM by RedZeppelin

Stopped mining 24/7, the difficulty adjustment is so easy to abuse it just make mining frustrating.
Im gonna do like everyone else and just point hash around 2-4000000 in difficulty and remove it at 17k millions or so.
One can split 50% of the SHA NEOS mined everyday by pointing hashrate during 45 minutes - 1hour 2 times / day, i guess it
is working as intended. Huh
In short term from a mining perspective this coin is dead if hashrate not increase overall.
The 3 algo blockchain is the weakest part of Neos.

Kahir - Scamming dev of Rebirthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798159.msg8977686#msg8977686 gets a free happy meal!!
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:35:00 AM

Arbitrush improvements complete =)  I love the results.  I think you guys will too.  I posted briefly on Twitter about it but I'll release further details soon =).  Definitely a vast improvement over the initial version.

Can anyone recommend someone that can create videos really well?  I don't want a promo video, I want an educational one kind of so people can actually understand what's going on visually.

Best regards,

syntaks

RedZeppelin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:40:45 AM

Fair warning, pulling out at 25k, i want to be a part of something i can mine.

Kahir - Scamming dev of Rebirthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798159.msg8977686#msg8977686 gets a free happy meal!!
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:43:49 AM

Hate to see you go man, but that's your choice.  It really depends on how much hash you have.  Regardless of the coin, if someone with more hash than you is mining, you're going to come out with less.  On another note, if the diff is left high, it's going to take a bit of hash to get that next block solved.  It's not going to be an easy-mine, that's not the intention here and it's been stated from the first day.

Sincerely,

syntaks

sempyper

Activity: 269

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:17:21 AM

Better pull out of bitcoin too then on that note. Pm for btc addy if you feel like it:)

Sweet job twoturtles, your working fast, what kind of imporvements? Or is it on the down low till release?
ereborltc

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:28:24 AM

was fun! see u around !

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: