Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:33:57 PM

What about the ads? In the video you say you can turn them off any time. Does that mean if you turn them off you don't get any ads or you can immediately turn them off when they appear?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:46:41 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 10:21:51 PM by peled1986

What about the ads? In the video you say you can turn them off any time. Does that mean if you turn them off you don't get any ads or you can immediately turn them off when they appear?

Gems app won't have any banners advertisements.

when we say ads we mean unsolicited push messages. If you chose to accept them you will be rewarded with Gems directly from the advertiser, and if you chose not to receive them you can opt out by turning the feature off.
durerus

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:15:34 PM

Sounds reasonable. Thx for the fast reply Smiley
Altcoin Agent

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

It's more then reasonable. It's a major plus. It means you'll ONLY get ads if you want them, and you'll get paid for getting them !

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:11:13 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 11:40:13 AM by peled1986

It's more then reasonable. It's a major plus. It means you'll ONLY get ads if you want them, and you'll get paid for getting them !

If Gems succeeds we think it will be a game changer in the way social networks currently work.

durerus

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:18:12 PM

I am a hegelian to a certain degree. When I call something reasonable it is the best compliment I am capable of. And now shut up and take my money Grin
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:25:29 PM

I am a hegelian to a certain degree. When I call something reasonable it is the best compliment I am capable of. And now shut up and take my money Grin

reasonable sounds great than Wink
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:10:45 AM

The flaw is no one really wants to use another chat app even with Bitcoin as a gimmick. I feel like people easily dream about possibilities without reality. Sorry but the market is already saturated with social media apps. Invest expecting to lose. IMO.

http://www.freechatapps.com/?max-results=7

And those are just the ones that made it! Check the App Store to see the hundreds that didn't.

True.  A lot of people dumping their life savings' into these mobile app things are blinded by greed.  All you have to do is a few Google searches and you'll find that there's easily hundreds of mobile apps and it's a saturated market.  Arguably the core audience right now is these 500K-2M users behind Bitcoin and most of them aren't aware of the alternate section.

I'm not saying don't buy GEMs but like NGC said "invest expecting to lose" (or invest only what you can afford to lose).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
johnnyrocket

Activity: 123
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:18:00 AM

The flaw is no one really wants to use another chat app even with Bitcoin as a gimmick. I feel like people easily dream about possibilities without reality. Sorry but the market is already saturated with social media apps. Invest expecting to lose. IMO.

http://www.freechatapps.com/?max-results=7

And those are just the ones that made it! Check the App Store to see the hundreds that didn't.

True.  A lot of people dumping their life savings' into these mobile app things are blinded by greed.  All you have to do is a few Google searches and you'll find that there's easily hundreds of mobile apps and it's a saturated market.  Arguably the core audience right now is these 500K-2M users behind Bitcoin and most of them aren't aware of the alternate section.

I'm not saying don't buy GEMs but like NGC said "invest expecting to lose" (or invest only what you can afford to lose).

I've been encouraging people to view most coins more as startups and less as "currency" for a while. Thanks for bringing a bit of reality to an otherwise "wishful thinking" climate here.
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:26:44 AM

This app could be big! Make it like Kik Messenger but allow files to be sent, and most importantly allow unlimited users into a group chat or if there is a maximum in a group chat, make it like 30 users. The app could go viral in app stores. I am very interested in the ICO
TaunSew

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:01:23 AM

This app could be big! Make it like Kik Messenger but allow files to be sent, and most importantly allow unlimited users into a group chat or if there is a maximum in a group chat, make it like 30 users. The app could go viral in app stores. I am very interested in the ICO

many already doing so...

http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/bittorrent-chat.html

Don't get me wrong the idea of this is good, I just think the reality of kick starting a chat app and getting any kind of mainstream usage is at this moment in time is a one in a hundred shot, possibly thousand. Without some kind of mainstream usage the coin is therefore worthless. People should watch NXTTY to see how this will likely pan out.

Even cryptos aren't really mainstream yet.  Dot.com was $7 trillion and 2% of the world's population was using the internet in the late 1990s.  2% of the world population today is 150 million (although the population has grown by a billion).

Did you know the internet back in 1990 had 3 million users?  

I'm not sure how many were using it in the late 1980s but I imagine probably more than 2 million, so cryptos right now is like the internet in 1986-1989

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:03:14 AM

many already doing so...

Don't get me wrong the idea of this is good, I just think the reality of kick starting a chat app and getting any kind of mainstream usage is at this moment in time is a one in a hundred shot, possibly thousand. Without some kind of mainstream usage the coin is therefore worthless. People should watch NXTTY to see how this will likely pan out.

This is like another Kik, which has gone main stream. Gems should show some kind of added features, and people would love earning the in app currency "Gems" with their messaging app. This will spark interests from all ages using messaging apps on the go with their mobile phones. I will check out Nxtty, but I don't think it will become popular due to the strange name.
TaunSew

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:13:08 AM

many already doing so...

This is like another Kik, which has gone main stream. Gems should show some kind of added features, and people would love earning the in app currency "Gems" with their messaging app. This will spark interests from all ages using messaging apps on the go with their mobile phones. I will check out Nxtty, but I don't think it will become popular due to the strange name.

No it's not.  Gems isn't even remotely close to being out.  Out of the probable thousand social media apps, you had to mention some contender to whatsapp, did you? 

Mobile app right now is in a valuation bubble due to Facebook recent purchase of whatsapp but it begs the question - who's going to pay for these insane valuations?  Only two names are ever brought up (Google and Microsoft) and they may simply not care about the chat messaging stuff.

Too many sockpuppet shills of developers on this forum, always been this way.  I have a haunch the OP will make some 'announcement' later asking people to pay BTC / LTC prices for GEM coins.   Grin

MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:41:41 AM

Hey Peled1986 what about a Road Map??

didn't follow when is the IPO, Wallet release and the App release
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:52:14 AM

Mobile app right now is in a valuation bubble due to Facebook recent purchase of whatsapp but it begs the question - who's going to pay for these insane valuations?  Only two names are ever brought up (Google and Microsoft) and they may simply not care about the chat messaging stuff.

How about no company is going to buy GEMS app or Nxtty app and they will be truely owned by many people (investors and users)? Wink It will be better if it stays this way. Big company purchasing those apps can only make the apps worse, not better.
TaunSew

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:15:09 AM

How about no company is going to buy GEMS app or Nxtty app and they will be truely owned by many people (investors and users)? Wink It will be better if it stays this way. Big company purchasing those apps can only make the apps worse, not better.

Decentralized equity can be an advantage in that you're not reliant on Facebook / Microsoft / Google from buying you out and yet you can have progressive capitalization growth coming from investors and users.

One evident issue is your stuck with an education issue (much like Bitcoin) in how do you attract an user base in the tens or hundred of millions to build that big $billions capitalization?

I'm interested in buying both Nxtty and GEMs at some point but these mobile app threads have a lot of these random shills who think it'll be whatsapp capitalization within a year of launch..

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:21:04 AM

how do you attract an user base in the tens or hundred of millions to build that big $billions capitalization?

I believe it will be investors' and users' concern who should be interested to see growth of their investment. Well, and marketing staff of the apps too, of course. This is all uncharted waters, but it doesn't look like big companies have a very large competitive edge. They have a temporary one, but nothing is guaranteed, just look at the news of all these nude photos of celebs, big companies lose a lot of credibility and these crypto messaging apps are right on time to fill that gap.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:35:48 AM

The flaw is no one really wants to use another chat app even with Bitcoin as a gimmick. Sorry but the market is already saturated with social media apps

we have done a lot of focus groups concerning Gems and the results were much better than we expected.
yes there are a lot of messaging apps but please show me one with the same concepts Gems is built on?

I think you are underestimating 5 things:
- the powerful message, that everyone shares in the success of the network.
- the viral concept of being rewarded for inviting your friends.
- the balanced and fair advertising model.
- the ability for non techie people to easily open a bitcoin wallet and use it.
- the bitcoin community.

have you tried brining new people to bitcoin? is blockchain.info really the best solution? do you know how much venture capital is flowing to bitcoin ecosystem to make adoption easier?

After saying all the above, we are realistic, we know the competition and what is ahead of us.

Your argument is "you can't do it" (the truth is every startup hears that line)

Our argument is "We think we can" - why? because we have studied this market for a long time and bringing a completely NEW approach to social Smiley

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:48:35 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 02:57:10 PM by peled1986

True.  A lot of people dumping their life savings' into these mobile app things are blinded by greed.  All you have to do is a few Google searches and you'll find that there's easily hundreds of mobile apps and it's a saturated market.  Arguably the core audience right now is these 500K-2M users behind Bitcoin and most of them aren't aware of the alternate section.

No one is asking people to "dump their life savings".

The biggest contribution will be by people downloding the app and inviting their friends. We are trying to build the best product to make this process work well.

I'm interested in buying both Nxtty and GEMs at some point but these mobile app threads have a lot of these random shills who think it'll be whatsapp capitalization within a year of launch..

We certainly don't think it'll be whatsapp capitalization within a year of launch or five.
but do you know how much an app with 10,000 users is worth in silicon valley? 100,000 users? millions of dollars.

I've been encouraging people to view most coins more as startups and less as "currency" for a while. Thanks for bringing a bit of reality to an otherwise "wishful thinking" climate here.
I don't think there is a "wishful thinking" climate in this thread.
We are in touch with "strong players" in the crypto scene and outside that are evaluating Gems like a startup.

The aim of the PRE-ANN is to encourage interaction with the community. The more people valuate our model and give us feedback the better Gems will be. If you read through the entire thread you will see some great comments from users.
TaunSew

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:11:17 AM

That is a correct valuation for a mobile social app - they consider things like subscription fees and hypothetical revenue like advertising.

but GEMs is more than just a social messaging app, it's also an underlining 2.0 crypto currency.  Lower estimates of Bitcoin is that it has 500,000 users and yet it had a peak capitalization of $16-$18 billion this last December.  So if there is 10,000 to 100,000 people using GEMs then the capitalization would be in the hundreds of millions to low billions.

Of course saying these numbers is easier than attaining those numbers.  The main critical issue behind crypto currency and alternates is educating future users to use your coin / service / app.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: