Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:45:25 PM

That could end badly for someone. Does it look like one seller?
Still not clear on this buyback thing. Presumably it just means SuperNET now owns a chunk of itself and gets to collect dividends, strengthening its NAV?

Yeah, I don't remember how exactly it works either.  Hopefully James can provide us with more detail of what will happen now that the buy wall is gone.

On a different note; just listened to your interview podcast.  Very insightful stuff and nice explanation of SuperNET.  Keep it coming Smiley

Great, thanks!

Sounds like BlockNET have run into the same problems with trading not being disabled while the ITO is going on. Also seems like something else has happened, but I haven't got time to wade through the last 30 pages - anyone happen to be keeping up?

If you're talking about Poloniex then that's 100% intentional. They're not doing an "ITO" they've just opened a market for third parties to trade. There are no restrictions.

I was curious myself as to why Poloniex was supposedly offering the Blocknet ITO after they passed on the chance to do the SuperNET ICO so I asked them. People seem to be under the impression that it's a regular ITO, but from what I understand it's just a regular market and this way they're not the ones offering the shares.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:46:33 PM

BTW, everyone should listen to this weeks Beyond Bitcoin when they get a chance. Smiley

Cassius did a great job representing SuperNET.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-19-supernet
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:52:31 PM

I wonder what their motivations are...

End-of-the-month expenses + BTC price dipping.

Coinmarketcap is almost all red right now.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 02:49:48 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 05:00:31 AM by jl777

That could end badly for someone. Does it look like one seller?
Still not clear on this buyback thing. Presumably it just means SuperNET now owns a chunk of itself and gets to collect dividends, strengthening its NAV?

Yeah, I don't remember how exactly it works either.  Hopefully James can provide us with more detail of what will happen now that the buy wall is gone.

On a different note; just listened to your interview podcast.  Very insightful stuff and nice explanation of SuperNET.  Keep it coming Smiley

Great, thanks!

Sounds like BlockNET have run into the same problems with trading not being disabled while the ITO is going on. Also seems like something else has happened, but I haven't got time to wade through the last 30 pages - anyone happen to be keeping up?

If you're talking about Poloniex then that's 100% intentional. They're not doing an "ITO" they've just opened a market for third parties to trade. There are no restrictions.

I was curious myself as to why Poloniex was supposedly offering the Blocknet ITO after they passed on the chance to do the SuperNET ICO so I asked them. People seem to be under the impression that it's a regular ITO, but from what I understand it's just a regular market and this way they're not the ones offering the shares.
It seems a lot of the altcoins used to buy the blocknet are being recycled to polo and sold at full price, so this is allowing the librexcoin owners to convert to BTC in large volumes. I am glad they limited altcoin sales to 20%, if they didnt, then they would have ended up with 90% altcoins with no markets. But they need to be able to sell what they get to pay their devs and contractors.

Not sure how much altcoins were used to buy the blocknet, but with Polo volumes at 80BTC against the main bittrex BTC sales of 240 BTC, about one third of block being sold is being recycled immediately. recent hours have higher volumes on polo vs bittrex. So the main function of this ITO is currently arbitraging the altcoins and providing massive liquidity to otherwise untradable coins.

Anyway, they wont have to worry about using their funds for NAV buywalls, as their NAV doesnt exist.

I am having the NAV recalculated and will put up another 57 BTC buywall. With overall decrease in prices, it will be lower than last time, but at least it will be there

James

edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9377264#msg9377264

seems 500 BTC worth of altcoins got converted and will be sold via poloniex. Assuming the 500 BTC is counted toward the 850 BTC total, it does look like they will sell the required 850 BTC. And over time this 500 BTC of altcoins will be used to fund dev costs, XC -20%, NHZ -38%, Fibre -18%, bitswift -38%, sonic -22%, xcash -46%, but libbrex +18% and utilitycoin +15% are having good days. Now today is a pretty bad market day with BTC dropping down and end of month fiat bills, but regardless, when the flagship coins for blocknet XC and NHZ are down massively on IPO day, it does not bode well for those who were expecting to flip it for quick profits. With 500 BTC of blocknet purchased for the altcoins being resold on poloniex over the next week, there needs to be more than 500 BTC of real demand for there to be any aftermarket demand to keep the price at least stable. I wish blocknet no ill and hope they will do right by their investors and at least put up some buywall for their investors. Though at the current rate of 1 BTC per hour it is looking like they will end up with less than 500 BTC total. Still quite respectable considering 100% will be used for development/marketing costs. However, mastercoin has shown than money in the bank for dev costs is a secondary factor.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:56:30 AM

Imagine if SuperNET got the sort of press coverage blockNET did.

Anyway, SuperNET has over 5 dozen people active in slack, over 10000 messages already and a lot of activity is happening

Just ask for an invite if you want to help. I keep coding away and making progress, but there is only so much I can do and it will take the help of the community to fully actualize SuperNET. In fact, once my low level work is done, then I really become much less important and that is my goal.

Next year I want to be the leading SuperNET applications creator Smiley

By making dozens (yes dozens) of SuperNET reference applications, I will demonstrate how to make money via SuperNET. Similar to what I did with the NXT AE. Instead of telling people via fancy graphics and press releases, I will just do it and let the market decide how much they like it.

longzai is making very good progress on the GUI and soon we should have end user Windows and Mac versions. The marketing guys are doing great work with helping explain things.

So, we are on track for end of year functional release of SuperNET. And if blockNET is ready in Q2 next year like they plan, i would be happy to help them interface to the SuperNET. They keep saying that only coins that let SuperNET buy 10% can join the SuperNET core, but this is false. Only the coins that want to be featured in the SuperNET GUI and getting the cross promotion and technical integration, need to let us buy 10%. If they just want to use the SuperNET services, any coin can do this. Theoretically it would be possible for a coin to make a SuperNET addon that has support for their services and they can bypass the whole selling 10% and getting the technical integration and cross promotion thing that some coins seem to not want.

If you were worried about the competition, then it is something to note, but remember that SuperNET is spending 1% on things like all this development, not 100%, so ignoring market fluctuations, the NAV will remain. The revenue projections are quite difficult to make and I priced it at 0 due to this. Long term, with a big user base, then of course the revenues will be quite significant, but this requires a lot of work, progress and most importantly cooperation among all the coins.

With SuperNET, we have financial ties with the core coins and this will be needed to ensure continued cooperation, especially if we are in a prolonged bear market. What is easy to join, is easy to unjoin and I much rather have few coins with long term commitment to build upon.

In any case, I am personally coding the vast majority of what is needed for SuperNET to function and I will do this. Everyone can see my progress on github and it is not a reference to some third party repo, but the actual code. With any privacy tech, this is absolutely vital. Maybe the fact that it is just one guy doing all the core work is a risk factor, but at least you know who is doing it and what I am doing. Kind of funny that SuperNET has an anon dev with totally open source and blocknet has a non-anon dev with closed source. Well, with all the recent actions by the USA govt, I might think that any non-anon anybody will be in for some legal issues, if not from the govt, from the class action lawyers. Those guys seem to be able to convince USA juries to award such large sums from such silly things, I wonder what they will do about blocknet claims of guaranteed financial gains.

I specifically priced the future revenues at zero due to the fact that the tech still had to be developed, user base created and then monetized. This certainly has a lot of potential, and I am quite optimistic of the results, even during these bear market days.

James

P.S. funny that SuperNET was immediately moved to the non-hotbed of activity called "Marketplace", but blocknet is allowed to stay in the main announcements thread.

jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:27:57 AM

P.S. funny that SuperNET was immediately moved to the non-hotbed of activity called "Marketplace", but blocknet is allowed to stay in the main announcements thread.

Oh James don't be bitter. Keep on smiling about your success and keep coding the good stuff.  Cool
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:51:17 AM

Why Supernet don't buy 50% of blockNET?
Cheesy

IOTA
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:53:50 AM

Oh James don't be bitter. Keep on smiling about your success and keep coding the good stuff.  Cool
Not bitter, just observing and stating the facts.

Anyway, I finished coding the DB reentrancy logic, so now multiple threads can happily make any sort of DB request and this was needed to proceeding the debugging of Teleport.

Cassius is almost done with the Telepathy paper, so that will allow for review of the key concepts and the Windows build is almost done, along with Mac. longzai is making good progress on the GUI, so things are coming together. Still not the easiest thing to use, we will have to wait for nice GUI for that.

James

apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 10:12:18 AM

SuperNET Newsletters

- They can be found in the altcoin section. Wink 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=830942

CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:30:26 AM

BTW, everyone should listen to this weeks Beyond Bitcoin when they get a chance. Smiley

Thank you very much for your great work Cassius Smiley.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 11:02:21 AM

Thank you very much for your great work Cassius Smiley.

You are very welcome. I hope some people outside the immediate SuperNET/NXT/BTCD communities heard and were interested too.
It was a fun interview, but it also made me aware of how much I didn't know about some key components (particularly about InstantDEX and Atomic Smiley )
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:19:42 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 05:34:33 PM by Cassius

Hey everyone,
there's a 'working draft' of the white paper available. If you're not on Slack already, please sign up and take a look in the whitepaper channel. https://sprnt.slack.com/messages/whitepaper/
I'm looking for pretty robust feedback - I want this to be as useful a document as possible. It's necessarily technical, but I don't want it to be needlessly so - whilst still explaining everything it needs to.
Keep it constructive, but I have a fairly thick skin so don't hold back.
From a marketing perspective it may make sense to have a different doc - or a series of docs - but this is a starting point for confidence in BTCD/SuperNET's tech.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:36:26 PM

Hey everyone,
there's a 'working draft' of the white paper available. If you're not on Slack already, please sign up and take a look in the whitepaper channel. https://sprnt.slack.com/messages/whitepaper/
I'm looking for pretty robust feedback - I want this to be as useful a document as possible. It's necessarily technical, but I don't want it to be needlessly so - whilst still explaining everything it needs to.
Keep it constructive, but I have a fairly thick skin so don't hold back.
From a marketing perspective it may make sense to have a different doc - or a series of docs - but this is a starting point for confidence in BTCD/SuperNET's tech.
PM me your email if you need an invitation to slack.

RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:35:07 PM

Oh James don't be bitter. Keep on smiling about your success and keep coding the good stuff.  Cool

No, that was a good point by James.  It's kind of BS that happened.

It is a shame SuperNET did not get better marketing and more attention.  But on the bright side, it's a good thing that it's not built on hype.  In the crypto world, hype always ends badly it seems.  Probably because it tends to attract to the wrong crowd.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:56:08 PM

Oh James don't be bitter. Keep on smiling about your success and keep coding the good stuff.  Cool

It is a shame SuperNET did not get better marketing and more attention.  But on the bright side, it's a good thing that it's not built on hype.  In the crypto world, hype always ends badly it seems.  Probably because it tends to attract to the wrong crowd.
I intentionally didnt over-market SuperNET
This ensures that a large percentage of people have not even really found out about it and represents future investors.
Once you saturate the market, then who is left to buy it afterwards?

After market support is quite important. Now in a bear market like we have now, it is tough for everyone, but with very little overhead, it is just a period of lower prices that will pass.

I keep coding away

James

BTCDDev

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:02:01 PM

I had a good conversation with James about this issue last night. It's pretty low that they moved this thread, but not surprising at all. It is my contention that there is a systematic bias and supression against NXT and related technologies. In my view, this is because we are not clones, and the Bitcoin crowd is terrified that crypto 2.0 actually has better tech. They are so invested in Bitcoin that they cannot abide something else, even if it is far superior. Blocknet consists of the usual pump and dump clones, therefore it's widely hyped even though it has released 0 lines of original code, whereas James and I have written many lines over the past months and they are all publicly viewable. Sure, it is a little depressing. However, it really gives me an incentive to work that much harder to get this tech out there. Superior technology and ideas always win at the end of the day.

Matthew

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:32:42 PM

No, that was a good point by James.  It's kind of BS that happened.

It is a shame SuperNET did not get better marketing and more attention.  But on the bright side, it's a good thing that it's not built on hype.  In the crypto world, hype always ends badly it seems.  Probably because it tends to attract to the wrong crowd.
I intentionally didnt over-market SuperNET
This ensures that a large percentage of people have not even really found out about it and represents future investors.
Once you saturate the market, then who is left to buy it afterwards?

After market support is quite important. Now in a bear market like we have now, it is tough for everyone, but with very little overhead, it is just a period of lower prices that will pass.

I keep coding away

James

Yes, people seem to have forgotten you saying something along the lines of "if I wanted to maximize the amount of money for the ICO I would have waited until I had a bunch of pretty pictures and videos before announcing this thing". He's done everyone holding UNITY a massive favour by limiting the initial hype.

SuperNET has intentionally been kept low key thus far. The game hasn't even begun yet.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:32:55 PM

Well, you have my vote!
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:32:19 AM

Great interview cassius!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:08:12 AM

Imagine if SuperNET got the sort of press coverage blockNET did.

Anyway, SuperNET has over 5 dozen people active in slack, over 10000 messages already and a lot of activity is happening

Just ask for an invite if you want to help. I keep coding away and making progress, but there is only so much I can do and it will take the help of the community to fully actualize SuperNET. In fact, once my low level work is done, then I really become much less important and that is my goal.

Next year I want to be the leading SuperNET applications creator Smiley

By making dozens (yes dozens) of SuperNET reference applications, I will demonstrate how to make money via SuperNET. Similar to what I did with the NXT AE. Instead of telling people via fancy graphics and press releases, I will just do it and let the market decide how much they like it.

longzai is making very good progress on the GUI and soon we should have end user Windows and Mac versions. The marketing guys are doing great work with helping explain things.

So, we are on track for end of year functional release of SuperNET. And if blockNET is ready in Q2 next year like they plan, i would be happy to help them interface to the SuperNET. They keep saying that only coins that let SuperNET buy 10% can join the SuperNET core, but this is false. Only the coins that want to be featured in the SuperNET GUI and getting the cross promotion and technical integration, need to let us buy 10%. If they just want to use the SuperNET services, any coin can do this. Theoretically it would be possible for a coin to make a SuperNET addon that has support for their services and they can bypass the whole selling 10% and getting the technical integration and cross promotion thing that some coins seem to not want.

If you were worried about the competition, then it is something to note, but remember that SuperNET is spending 1% on things like all this development, not 100%, so ignoring market fluctuations, the NAV will remain. The revenue projections are quite difficult to make and I priced it at 0 due to this. Long term, with a big user base, then of course the revenues will be quite significant, but this requires a lot of work, progress and most importantly cooperation among all the coins.

With SuperNET, we have financial ties with the core coins and this will be needed to ensure continued cooperation, especially if we are in a prolonged bear market. What is easy to join, is easy to unjoin and I much rather have few coins with long term commitment to build upon.

In any case, I am personally coding the vast majority of what is needed for SuperNET to function and I will do this. Everyone can see my progress on github and it is not a reference to some third party repo, but the actual code. With any privacy tech, this is absolutely vital. Maybe the fact that it is just one guy doing all the core work is a risk factor, but at least you know who is doing it and what I am doing. Kind of funny that SuperNET has an anon dev with totally open source and blocknet has a non-anon dev with closed source. Well, with all the recent actions by the USA govt, I might think that any non-anon anybody will be in for some legal issues, if not from the govt, from the class action lawyers. Those guys seem to be able to convince USA juries to award such large sums from such silly things, I wonder what they will do about blocknet claims of guaranteed financial gains.

I specifically priced the future revenues at zero due to the fact that the tech still had to be developed, user base created and then monetized. This certainly has a lot of potential, and I am quite optimistic of the results, even during these bear market days.

James

Great ,just give some time to market.
When ppl realized the fact that SuperNET is sidechain 2.0,then haha,price rise is not problem.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: