Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:12:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-Mining Review  (Read 126843 times)
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:57:09 PM

They are selling 12 months mining contract for Ethereum. But Ethereum mining will not last another 10 months.

1 They are sold out now, so not currently selling. Who knows if they sell again if ETH has only a few months POW left anyway

2. It did mention on the pricing page that once ETH stopped mining it would switch to X11
https://web.archive.org/web/20160129175013/https://www.genesis-mining.com/pricing
Hover the mouse over the ? where it says 1 Year Ether Mining. Text appears
Pure Ether Mining. No maintenance fees. Switches to X11 if Ether can not be mined anymore.

2. If you did purchase it and you did not read the TOS, it does explain in the TOS about ETH mining and X11 too.

From an ETH contract, at the bottom. If you have one you can check for yourself.

Ether will be mined according to the Mining Power. Should Ether mining not be possible anymore (e.g. because Ethereum switched to proof-of-stake), the hashrate will be permanently converted on a 1:1 basis to X11 hashrate.

jucamacieira

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

Long live to BitCoin

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 01:46:16 AM

hello

I am sharing my results of mining in Genesis in a spreadsheet. Can follow on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OJYGXuIUpFc7OeXxYGv5NNNfi_hjjQ4mLvYwN8OcNbc/edit#gid=0

Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:54:57 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 03:56:01 PM by Glucose

hello

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OJYGXuIUpFc7OeXxYGv5NNNfi_hjjQ4mLvYwN8OcNbc/edit#gid=0

670 day to reach ROI... omg... You can say goodbye to your 3 btc man... You will never ROI... :-(

Estimated Next Difficulty: 179,314,996,345 (+24.42%) ==> I will be way worse than 670 days..
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 05:33:00 AM

hello

agreed.  i would bet you don't even see 1btc back. ;\
see this is why we need everyone to be a part of the scam thread, they get newbies with all the advertising and slickness and it's sickening ;\

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 05:55:40 AM

Well today I logged into my genesis mining account all my hashpower is gone... Also there is no record of any payouts I've received, etc. I think it's gone scam guys  Undecided

This is what will happen to most of the cloud mining sites, and after halving more mining sites will go down, this is why it is clearly told that mining investing is a clearly loss. After they get achieved their target of scam, they will start problem with site and then suddenly the site will be down and then one day the message will come that some hack attack ya some technical problem and after some time they will totally vanish and every one will just forget them.
miakama

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:23:01 AM

hello

see this is why we need everyone to be a part of the scam thread, they get newbies with all the advertising and slickness and it's sickening ;\

The difficulty has risen too much. If it just rose 2% every time, then the miner can have some ROI.
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 06:09:28 PM

hello

The difficulty has risen too much. If it just rose 2% every time, then the miner can have some ROI.

honestly your guys are going about it wrong, i have NEVER lost money cloudmining except genesis cause once you give them the money you have zero control over it or your hash.
hashnest i have been a user a year, have roi'd maybe 3 times? i just keep updating to better machines as they come, grabbed a pacmic made some money there (tho it took forever it was safe invest atleast) 
eobot also i am big user as i mine their altcoins for when price rises (working very well with eth last few weeks) and i have recently roi'd there (tho it took almost a year with the crazyness)
so it can be done, just not thru genesis! haha

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Glucose

Activity: 861

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:59:27 PM

hello

honestly your guys are going about it wrong, i have NEVER lost money cloudmining except genesis cause once you give them the money you have zero control over it or your hash.
hashnest i have been a user a year, have roi'd maybe 3 times? i just keep updating to better machines as they come, grabbed a pacmic made some money there (tho it took forever it was safe invest atleast) 
eobot also i am big user as i mine their altcoins for when price rises (working very well with eth last few weeks) and i have recently roi'd there (tho it took almost a year with the crazyness)
so it can be done, just not thru genesis! haha

I also ROIed twice with Hashnest. The possibility to sell back your Ghs is a nice way to reach ROI without so much difficulty.
john2231

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

For now only Ethereum mining is goining like crazy  Smiley

If that because of the rise of Ethereum price.If you buy Ethereum directly, can you make more profits?
Yeah you can make profits right now the price of ethereum is still increasing and i think it will still increase this week if you buy right now and hold it and keep watch for the chart so your ready to sell your ethereum once the price is starting to down....
bapparabi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Right now its not worth to buy Ethereum Cloud Mining from Genesis Mining as cost is quite high

1 MH/s cost USD 44 for one year

if you see this ether calculator

http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/

Month    0.991780    $5.14

you will generate this amount ..

so you need 9 month to get ROI ..so which is not worth to buy it right now as per the price rate ..

Once it lower you can decide ..

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:59:41 PM

Right now its not worth to buy Ethereum Cloud Mining from Genesis Mining as cost is quite high

so you need 9 month to get ROI ..so which is not worth to buy it right now as per the price rate ..

When it was worth to buy anything from Genesis Mining? These people have been ripping off their clients without possibility to ROI, since the day 1. Lower your prices GM, show u care about your community.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

When it was worth to buy anything from Genesis Mining? These people have been ripping off their clients without possibility to ROI, since the day 1. Lower your prices GM, show u care about your community.

agreed!
but my feeling is their gonna pull KNC on us. take our btc to get wealthy enough to go private and say screw users bitching about getting ripped off ;\
we will see, they advertise enough to bring in newbie users everyday and i hate knowing that ;(

malickie

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:37:40 PM

Ether mining with Genesis is pointless in general.  For the price of 20 MH/s which is $880.  You could buy a half way decent PC, stick a 290x in it and get 27 MH/s and have full control over what your system is doing.  FYI a 290x only costs, after a discount on Newegg, $290.......  So yeah you could get almost Triple what Genesis gives you if you have a few random PC's sitting around that could handle a 290x tossed into it.

So Basically the pricing they have for Ethereum mining is a complete and total ripoff, especially if you consider within 10 months or so I believe I read somewhere Ethereum is switching over to PoS only.

CjMapope
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 10:26:56 PM

Ether mining with Genesis is pointless in general.  For the price of 20 MH/s which is $880.  You could buy a half way decent PC, stick a 290x in it and get 27 MH/s and have full control over what your system is doing.  FYI a 290x only costs, after a discount on Newegg, $290.......  So yeah you could get almost Triple what Genesis gives you if you have a few random PC's sitting around that could handle a 290x tossed into it.

So Basically the pricing they have for Ethereum mining is a complete and total ripoff, especially if you consider within 10 months or so I believe I read somewhere Ethereum is switching over to PoS only.

agreed. i would hope more people use their heads and ignore their advertising . you could literally build a rig and own the hardware.
 not to mention be in control of your hash, a very central part in voting and keeping blockchains de-centralized.

and gpus are awesome now, new algos and coins everywhere, you could mine anything u want at any time;)

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:14:45 AM

You forget the pc is using power.  In my case €22.5 cents Kwh

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
malickie

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:50:30 AM

True enough, though I would say on average you would cover the cost plus some mining on your own.  Me personally my Electricity runs at around .09 Cents to .11 Cents.  Not exactly sure what the break even ratio is though as I have issues doing the math of that, but I would assume most would at minimum break even in general with the current price of Ethereum being around $4.82 per, and on average you will make around .8-1 Ethereum per Day give or take a little bit.

sanas

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:51:33 AM

True enough, though I would say on average you would cover the cost plus some mining on your own.  Me personally my Electricity runs at around .09 Cents to .11 Cents.  Not exactly sure what the break even ratio is though as I have issues doing the math of that, but I would assume most would at minimum break even in general with the current price of Ethereum being around $4.82 per, and on average you will make around .8-1 Ethereum per Day give or take a little bit.

If you have 100 MH/s mining power, that will consume about 800W power, or 20 kWh. If your electricity price is $0.2, that is $4 a day or $1440 a year. You can sell your miner later if you do not want it.

Genesis mining charges you $4400 a year.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
malickie

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:06:39 PM

If you have 100 MH/s mining power, that will consume about 800W power, or 20 kWh. If your electricity price is $0.2, that is $4 a day or $1440 a year. You can sell your miner later if you do not want it.

Genesis mining charges you $4400 a year.

Thank you for doing the math, I am sure that will help some people with their decision's.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:27:36 AM

Genesis Mining is about to get a competition in the area of cloud Ether mining. In a few weeks, according to my info, someone else s going to offer these contracts, cheaper and better. So, I guess the era of monopoly and profit taking has come to an end.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Makingsure

Activity: 140

Judge a Man not by his postcount,but by activity

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:29:48 AM

Genesis Mining is about to get a competition in the area of cloud Ether mining. In a few weeks, according to my info, someone else s going to offer these contracts, cheaper and better. So, I guess the era of monopoly and profit taking has come to an end.

oooo, although i hope you dont mean hashflare, those guys look scammy as shit haha
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: