Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:04:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:25:57 PM

Hi, anyone willing to buy my slot for a Prospero X3 50% was paid..

Order #20xx STATUS: Processed
DATE: 29 Nov 2013, 23:46
PAYMENT METHOD: Bitcoin
SHIPPING METHOD: DHL

Prospero X-3 (2000Ghash/second) Options: Payment option:  50% in advance

just send me a pm.. willing to do this through escrow or with BA just to be sure.. thanks

How much has been paid and how much is there left to be paid?

uh...  Wink

There have been discounts so I am not sure exactly at what price point he got his at, and the 50% payment required a larger sum paid than if all was paid at once I believe.  So it was a very fair question and per his response it did not even sound like he knew how much was left to be paid.

oops, true i forgot about the discounts.  my bad, sorry

hi, its 2974,5 USD is left to be paid, 3,114.62usd was the total amount paid, (61.07usd is for the exchange fees and 79 usd is for the shipping cost.)

I was going to say, I am not sure how transfer of orders works, but I would probably offer like 2500 to 2750 to buy your order out, and then if BA cannot do a transfer to my account, it will have to sit in escrow until delivery of unit, and if units are not deliverd in Feb, then I get the money back.  Some kind of deal like that for this.

This just doesn't seem like a fair deal at all.. You are getting an early pre-order for the initial payment and take zero risk? I am selling my x-3 and even I would give a better offer than that.

He ends up paying more than 6k since he only paid 50% up front, and its an early pre-order for a device that as of now, no one knows where in the production process they are.  Many other companies said time and time again they were on track for delivery, and yet, look where most of them are.  I am taking a discount of less than 400 dollars for this purpose.

I would think that if it was such a bad deal, others would be jumping in front of me to bid higher, but we do not seem to have anyone doing that either.

Hi, if only i could show you my inbox  Grin i received a few message that your offer was too funny for them by the way Smiley the best offer i got so far is 5000usd and the other one is 7btc.

Someone offered 7 btc for a half paid pre order?  Whoever that was please message me, I have a x-3 and 8 x-1's on order for feb shipping fully paid for, we could definitely work out a deal.  Take that deal and run, I am afraid I would not go any higher than what you have paid so far for the unit, take the 7 btc and make out like a bandit.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

Hey Matt can we get an update? Its been a few weeks since we have heard anything and Feb is rite around the corner.

+1 to that.

"End of February" has been consistently quoted and since that is less than six weeks away an update on progress would be very much appreciated by all of us.

+1 to that. 

An update on status of components and expected delivery would be great. 
goozman96

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:04:47 PM

The BA forum ecointalk has disappeared Undecided
It's back now.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
Pentax

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:37:02 PM

It's back now.

yep and they're still not answering questions on status.  simple enough to answer whether or not they've gone to tapeout.  similar questions posted to their social media pages are being pulled down.

this is not looking promising in terms of an on-time delivery, or a minor delay, for that matter.  They've got nothing to show with one month until delivery but a heatsink and some CAD drawings of the cases - and won't answer questions.   If there is more, snap a few pictures, for crying out loud, instead of giving BS answers like this one from their forum, posted by staff today in a thread asking for an update:

"Updates will be posted when they are available, i can understand your points however, but i prefer well working product instead of couple of shiny pictures myself. I can make you a picture of thousands different parts in 3d, will it make you more happy?"

Simply put, that's crap.  customers are asking for updates, and rightfully so at this point, as this is looking very bad at this point in the timeline. 

an honest update for those people that have in good faith sent thousands of dollars is not too much to ask.  if you're going to be late, fine, but it's time to level with your customers, BA.
Pentax

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:29:32 AM

It's back now.

yep and they're still not answering questions on status.  simple enough to answer whether or not they've gone to tapeout.  similar questions posted to their social media pages are being pulled down.

this is not looking promising in terms of an on-time delivery, or a minor delay, for that matter.  They've got nothing to show with one month until delivery but a heatsink and some CAD drawings of the cases - and won't answer questions.   If there is more, snap a few pictures, for crying out loud, instead of giving BS answers like this one from their forum, posted by staff today in a thread asking for an update:

"Updates will be posted when they are available, i can understand your points however, but i prefer well working product instead of couple of shiny pictures myself. I can make you a picture of thousands different parts in 3d, will it make you more happy?"

Simply put, that's crap.  customers are asking for updates, and rightfully so at this point, as this is looking very bad at this point in the timeline. 

an honest update for those people that have in good faith sent thousands of dollars is not too much to ask.  if you're going to be late, fine, but it's time to level with your customers, BA.

don't get your panties in a bunch, i would rather have them work on the product`s then waste time posting pics / answer every question 100 times over.

Thanks for your condescending input.  Asking for clarification is not getting one's panties in a bunch.  I and others have asked nicely for weeks on their forums and social media sites for clarification and gotten nothing but equivocations and assertions that everything is on schedule, all the while showing no actual proof of progress, unless you consider a CAD rendering proof of progress, in which case I've got a bridge to sell you. 

At a certain point patience runs thin, and we're there.   We're ~30 days from scheduled delivery and, last time I checked the hashing rate of a heatsink was 0.

They can answer a simple question and snap a couple of pictures related to where they're at in production without slowing down development.  Any sane person would think that a simple, honest, update at this point would not be too much to ask.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:59:37 AM

If anyone is getting cold feet, I will be buying X-1 orders at 325 dollars a piece.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:08:40 AM

If anyone is getting cold feet, I will be buying X-1 orders at 325 dollars a piece.

Lol..

Smiley everyone do their own diligence with these. Could be worth it?

goozman96

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:22:18 AM

You'd think that if things were going well, they'd be excited to share it with us.
Considering the lack of communication, I'm guessing things aren't going well.
I hope I'm wrong.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
goozman96

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:37:08 AM

Both blackarrow and blackarrow matt have been online recently but failed to make a post:
http://ecointalk.net/user/5-blackarrow/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=105804
http://ecointalk.net/user/169-blackarrow-matt/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=168704

WTF

Pentax

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:34:22 PM

Wait.  There is nothing you can do otherwise.

True to some extent, although asking for a simple and honest update until they actually do it is preferable to me. 

For clarity, the rest of this post isn't directed any one person or comment and all of this is just one guy's opinion.

They do have a responsibility to their customers beyond taking their money and telling them to just wait.  Or, hey, maybe they don't.  I guess one could look at it from the perspective that you paid money for a product, and their sole responsibility is to deliver it.  I don't agree that this is good business practice, but some may see it that way, which is fine.

In most businesses an existing customer is highly valued, as they're vastly easier to come by than new ones.  From that standpoint, this lack of information is about the most counterproductive tack they could take. 

If there is a delay, fine, take the heat.  They may lose some customers in the short term by admitting it, but they will retain trust, which is very valuable; and at this point is seemingly eroding. 

People weighing the question of who to trust with their several thousand dollars should know the entire truth when plunking that type of cash on the table, so obfuscating or refusing relevant information could easily be seen as somewhat misleading in a material fashion.

Hopefully BA will see that this lack of information is very likely harming their business and simply post an update.  Some pics would be nice if they can spare the 10 minutes.  I'll be happy to STFU when they do.
Pentax

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:50:33 PM

I'm starting to wonder if Butterfly Labs bought Black Arrow.

Or maybe their keyboard is broken.

and their camera.

or someone kicked the plug out of the wall for their interwebz connection.

or this company is run by monks who have taken a vow of silence.  The Order of the Black Butterfly, despisers of keyboards and communications of any kind.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

Now their site is down also. Sad

sigh, I really hope this doesn't digress any further, I had (still do for the time being) faith in them.

Pentax

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:21:06 PM

Now their site is down also. Sad

sigh, I really hope this doesn't digress any further, I had (still do for the time being) faith in them.

their integrity is in question and still they remain silent.  gotta wonder about that.....
goozman96

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

To the argument that says they have no time to make one single post: they DO have time to make a post if they DO have time to log into both their bitcointalk and ecointalk accounts.
Blackarrow was again online last night but didn't make a post.

goozman96

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:35:13 PM

To the argument that says they have no time to make one single post: they DO have time to make a post if they DO have time to log into both their bitcointalk and ecointalk accounts.

What do you want them to post? Simply...... nothing has changed we are still on target... or we are behind.... Or just Hi.... What would that solve? I guess it might make people all warm and fuzzy inside. I think the best thing they can do would be.... 1.) Get the site back... and 2.) answer tickets. 3.) Post an update on their site. With that order being about right.
Any of the above would be acceptable at this point. If there's no change, then say there's no change and things are still on schedule.

goozman96

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:02:39 PM

Well my order has been in and processed for months. Not much to do but wait. I guess that is my stance. Nothing I can do will make things happen any faster. Patience is a virtue and all the speculation from others is just their own impatience and fear getting the better of them.
People's fears are well grounded. There has been a lot of overpromise and under-delivery in this sector, and Blackarrow acknowledged that earlier on too. If no one was asking for an update, then they'd probably never give one.

Pentax

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

What do you want them to post? Simply...... nothing has changed we are still on target... or we are behind.... Or just Hi.... What would that solve? I guess it might make people all warm and fuzzy inside. I think the best thing they can do would be.... 1.) Get the site back... and 2.) answer tickets. 3.) Post an update on their site. With that order being about right.

any of the above would be fine.  

these postings here are after many of us, myself included, have asked politely over and over again via their boards and social media sites for an answer to these simple questions as to an update on boards/chips etc.  

People have been patient and are only now beginning to get edgy as it doesn't take a skilled manufacturing operations expert to realize that if they haven't gone to tapeout/bumpout, the target date is in serious jeopardy.   

If they've got the time to tell us all is hunky dory, they've got the time to tell us they've gone to tapeout and snap a couple of pics.  or that they haven't, and level with us as to where they're actually at.

I don't want warm and fuzzy for my 12 grand,  I want results and some amount of accountability with respect to deadlines on a time critical project. That's business and there's nothing warm and fuzzy about it.  

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:33:11 AM

yep seems to be up again.

EDIT: NVM now says closed for about an hour.

goozman96

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:34:48 AM

yep seems to be up again.

EDIT: NVM now says closed for about an hour.
Lol @ Wyoming time.

Pentax

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:20:08 PM

Please tell me you have some good news, progress, or production updates for us BlackArrow Matt.   Smiley

....and he logs out without posting anything. great.

I'm glad to see someone from BA post something.  hopefully he can chime in with an actual update. 

a youtube video of an X-3 hashing away would send me running for the champagne bottle, but I'll settle for solid information on status and expected delivery for batch 1. 

Whatever it is, it is, and I think most will be fine with it, as long as it isn't the same ol', same ol'  "everything is on schedule and when we have more info we'll post it"   
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: