Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:35:49 PM

That's the same thing everyone gets when they used that automated form process.  Waiting for reference and that'll be the last you'll hear about it, most likely.  I got the same thing over a month ago.  Haven't heard diddly doo since then.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GPK260

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

I went in to see them with a big bag of lies and broken promises all  printed out  nicely along with all the company details all the address'  Bank details etc - Hopefully I'll hear something back.

Next step is if i've heard nothing  by mid december I'm going to go and Pop and see Daniel at his place of work - Probably to coniside with the 1 year anniversary of paying these people for Fuck All

Freicoin Donations: 13dvY6AStLLSJ9VEKTSJDYkzWdgeGeyE6q
Bitcoin Donations: 1BkLCL6teSx1CRwT8yn7Qrv8hvVinuUKZx
UK Police Fraud Crime number opened against Black Arrow: NFRC141000810656
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:41:20 PM

the fucking nitwits are now blaming the shippers.  From the unending source of utter bullshit delivered with a unique blend of haughtiness and idiocy, Nemesidis:

http://ecointalk.net/topic/1739-my-prospero-x3-stop-working-have-image/#entry21134

"The issue remains and it can be fixed only if package delivered safely, unfortunately due to harsh transportation conditions some of the hash boards get damaged, that can cause short and damage as seen above. We are working on software fix to prevent that kind of issues, the boards will not get this kind of damage and instead unit will shut-down until problematic boards is removed. Also we are trying to find a way to make it more safe during transportation, by adding 2 more screws to hold hash boards in place. We underestimated the powers of express services and some of the units came to customers with broken fans, so you can figure out how hard they toss the boxes if hash boards go off the place and break the fans. Also it's not recommended to run unit above 1100 Mhz.

For now possible way to clarify on which board has issue is to remove them all and put them 1 by 1, the board with issue will trigger protection from Power Supply and it won't start. This boards can be sent for replacement, so far it didn't take long to provide replacements. Please ship boards if you have ones that are not working to address stated on the website with ticket number as RMA, it should be clearly visible on the package. If there is also signs of damage on the back plane such as damaged PCI-E Slot, that board can also be sent for RMA.

Sarcasm noted and not appreciated, posts deleted."

So the bottom line is that this is not fixed, apparently never was, and they are still shipping these known and now acknowledged firebombs to people's homes.

What a bunch of total fucking bastards these people are.

the sarcasm wasn't appreciated?  guess what asshole, go fuck yourself you ignorant piece of shit.  People have lost thousands and are being shipped product which is not safe to plug into the fucking wall and turn on and you didn't appreciate the sarcasm.   Well, Nemesidis seeing as you don't appreciate sarcasm we'll take a more direct approach.  

I'd like to stick a red hot poker straight up your fucking ass and out the top of your head right along with the rest of the Black Arrow team of total shitbags that have stolen money and are shipping something that is not in any way fit for purpose and is actually a danger for people to run in their homes, none of which any of you seems to give the first flying fuck about.  I'd love to see how you'd appreciate that, you fucking moron.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:41:42 AM

in addition to all of that they are trying to develop a software fix.

the latest story is that the piece of shit can't be shipped without getting physically damaged, which is obviously a physical design flaw, as if these people didn't realize they'd have to ship these things and other manufacturers are not managing to actually ship their products.  It's obviously possible to design, build and ship miners unless these other manufacturers are having their products delivered by magical faerie people.

Their response to this problem?  It's the shippers fault, and they're working on the software.

before this it was the PSU, even though they were told by the first guy to report a fire that the PSU in the unit that went up in flames was fine.

these people truly are idiots.  I mean stupid, stupid.  Not just your garden variety stupid.  The brain stem works and absolutely nothing else kind of stupid. 

warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:46:14 AM

the latest story is that the piece of shit can't be shipped without getting physically damaged, which is obviously a physical design flaw, as if these people didn't realize they'd have to ship these things and other manufacturers are not managing to actually ship their products. 

None of the 8 units I have were damaged in shipping.  just as an aside.  In fact based on the way the cards are held in place, it'd be kind of hard to damage. 

SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:50:37 AM

the latest story is that the piece of shit can't be shipped without getting physically damaged, which is obviously a physical design flaw, as if these people didn't realize they'd have to ship these things and other manufacturers are not managing to actually ship their products. 

None of the 8 units I have were damaged in shipping.  just as an aside.  In fact based on the way the cards are held in place, it'd be kind of hard to damage. 

I do have to wonder if they even know what the problem really is or if this is just another theory that is just a shot in the dark, as was their story that it was power supply last time around.
warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:21:18 AM

none of the 8 i have had psu issues even though they were shipped as far back as early september.  Granted we run them on 220 PDU in a rack. 

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:09:08 AM

How completely ignorant can these people be?  Shipping...?  Are you kidding me?  Once a lying scamming piece of shit, always a lying scamming piece of shit.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:47:54 AM

I do have to wonder if they even know what the problem really is or if this is just another theory that is just a shot in the dark, as was their story that it was power supply last time around.

Whatever the case may be you know that implementing this software fix will be good for at least another months worth of delay before the next round of victims go up in smoke.

This won't be an issue for much longer though as the X3 is almost worthless and nobody will be turning them on.

11¢/kWh
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:54:21 AM

If your X3 got a lot of errors, 5-10%, try remove all the hash boards and test it one by one to find the bad hash board. Update v.1.14 will throttle the speed down if your hash boards is not up to task so you have to find the bad one or it will only hash at 40GH.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:11:40 AM

The stench emanating from ecointalk is amazing. Sycophancy, desperation, and Stockholm syndrome. Jumbley is the prime source.

I don't get how people can still support this company's actions voluntarily.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:16:48 AM

The stench emanating from ecointalk is amazing. Sycophancy, desperation, and Stockholm syndrome. Jumbley is the prime source.

As with many a scam.

These people are either paid plants or employees.

That has to be it because a real consumer is never going to be riding this all the way to the black smoking hole that had been created now. At some point you bail out and try to recoup your losses.

Classic move by these companies it is repeated over and over again.

____

Who are these people?
Are they BA partners?
Are they BA employees?
Are they paid to astroturf for a fee?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:30:29 AM

I pulled the rip cord in March. Refund was promised in April. They reneged on that promise in August, offering one bullshit excuse after another.

Where I live, electricity costs $0.35 per gW/h. If my miners arrived today and I plugged them in, I'd be losing money from the start. Not to mention the several hundred I'd have to pay for customs.

The saddest part is, it looks like they're going to get away with it, due to their convoluted - and largely anonymous - ownership structure. But the least I can do is to help spread the truth about them.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:36:28 AM

I pulled the rip cord in March. Refund was promised in April. They reneged on that promise in August, offering one bullshit excuse after another.

Where I live, electricity costs $0.35 per gW/h. If my miners arrived today and I plugged them in, I'd be losing money from the start. Not to mention the several hundred I'd have to pay for customs.

The saddest part is, it looks like they're going to get away with it, due to their convoluted - and largely anonymous - ownership structure. But the least I can do is to help spread the truth about them.

@ 35¢/kWh this is how much your X3 will cost you per 24/h if it arrived today:

SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:58:03 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 02:04:15 PM by SimonBeCoinin

It blows my mind reading some of that shit.   It has for months.  My timetable is about the same as yours.  When it became obvious they'd miss that May date I bailed and was promised a refund in May.  Nothing since then.  Don't even want them now.  They're useless and unsafe.

Jumbley particularly is either a shill or the most useful useful idiot in the history of useful idiots.  I don't think he's a shill, just possibly the most gullible person I have ever seen.

he's admitted to trying to paint them in a positive light.  what the motivation for that could possibly be I have absolutely no idea.  

Those scammers at BA must laugh their nuts off at that guy.  I can see them discussing how to feed the next BS to people now that nobody believes a word they say.  "I've got it, let's call Jumbley!"  They pick up a red phone with only one button on it and whoever thinks they can keep from laughing out loud does the talking.

He seems like a really nice, decent guy.  He's had his head waaaaay up his ass on this one though....
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:47:53 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 02:08:20 PM by SimonBeCoinin

Oh look, a different version of the story.  It's like watching an improv comedy routine....

blackarrow, on 08 Nov 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

"Prospero software update: 1.14
All customers are asked to update immediately.
1. We have introduced many features to support our new managing software. ​Miner Operator, which can be downloaded from ​here, is a windows native application which adds support to easy manage all your miners from one single computer. This software is in development. Please report issues in our newly released ​bugtracker.
2. We have located and designed a protection system that is preventing X3 meltdowns. We want to highlight that this were few isolated incident (less than 0.3% of X3s). The issue reported by our customers was caused due to imperfect soldering of Mosfets which allowed them to overheat and finally fail. This failure sometimes resulted in shorting out the 12V line therefore introducing a resistance in the circuit. This resistance was causing the board to overheat and melting the PCI connector. The new update will continuously watch for any short circuit and will restart the PSU in order to check if there is a short circuit. Should there be a short circuit, the PSU will refuse to power up. If this happens, the customer will need to return us the faulty hashboard for replacement.
Note that this protection is working only with APlusPower PSUs that is included in our miners.

We have thoroughly investigated the faulty boards returned and we have determined that there was absolutely no fire cause by our miners and the fire reported by the customers was because they've seen the red LED from the control board blinking when the PCI connector was melting down, image that can be easily be confused with fire."

And of course no fire.  lying asshats to the end.  they thoroughly investigated.  the pci connector was melting down.   people are sending pics of burned out husks and it was the pci connector melting down which caused a blinking LED.  people can easily confuse a fire with a blinking LED.

the same thorough investigators thought it was the power supply, then it was the shippers and now it's a mosfet.  all of them caused the same problem, mind you, that caused the fire the first user reported seeing as "fire about the size of a coke can" and others have reported seeing flames as well.

I'm sure the same genius fire investigation team that claimed there was no fire, because there was no fire in the pictures, which was one of the more ridiculous stops on this this little joyride, would just up and now decide that maybe they were wrong.

so they investigated.  again.  and now, it never happened at all.  again. 

bull-fucking-shit.
heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

Don't worry, the latest firmware hosed my miner... check the ecointalk forums for details. To be fair, BA have been quick in correspondence with me to help sort out my miner; lets see if they can set it all straight
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:11:16 PM

Don't worry, the latest firmware hosed my miner... check the ecointalk forums for details. To be fair, BA have been quick in correspondence with me to help sort out my miner; lets see if they can set it all straight

that doesn't surprise me at all.  they suck at literally every facet of this business, so why not release software that hoses the units while they're at it.

heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:05:28 PM

that doesn't surprise me at all.  they suck at literally every facet of this business, so why not release software that hoses the units while they're at it.

Well, they TeamViewed into my machine and seemed to be able to revert it back to 1.10 without incident so all is running smoothly again until they can fix the bug in 1.14 which apparently according to my correspondence they have. So I can't fault their tech support or in the speed in which they helped.

I only wish this extended to the rest of this doomed company Sad
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:12:49 PM

Well, they TeamViewed into my machine and seemed to be able to revert it back to 1.10 without incident so all is running smoothly again until they can fix the bug in 1.14 which apparently according to my correspondence they have. So I can't fault their tech support or in the speed in which they helped.

I only wish this extended to the rest of this doomed company Sad

"Doomed" is the word...

Undecided

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: