Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:11:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:44:47 AM

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion-2-scrypt.html
10% of profits from Minion 2 (Scrypt)

$500,000.00
Availability:In Stock
Quantity:

Add to wish list
Description
This purchases 10% of all profits generated for Black Arrow by the Minion 2 (Scrypt)
Black Arrow has completed the design of a energy efficient Scrypt ASIC and it is ready for tape-out. ASICs can be received in early December if taped out in September.
This purchase includes investment in the tapeout and in the first batch of ASICs. The exact number of wafers that we will purchase will be disclosed in the contract.
We are currently looking for joint venture partners. This product is for business purposes only and can be only purchased by legal entities.
Status of the project: Ready to tapeout immediately. We will tape out as soon as we have sold 50% of the profit shares.
Speed: confidential
Efficiency: 3 Watt/Mhash/Second (chip level)
Specifications:
Node process: 28nm
Package: QFN
Clock: Confidential
Voltage: Confidential
Cores: Confidential
RAM: included in the chip
The integrated ASIC supports internal commands for over-clocking and under-clocking, it features an improved manager than our BTC chip, supports input and output queue, various GPIO, chain and paralel SPI
Terms:
Non-Refundable, unless:
1. contract not agreed by the customer within 5 days of payment.
2. project will be cancelled only if we have not sold 50% of the profits before before 31 Dec 2014. If cancelled, we will charge the customer 5% and return 95% of the funds.
Although all efforts have been made to produce a flawless chip, this is not yet silicon proven and is considered not qualified. There is a risk involved to manufacture this chip as this chip is going to be taped out without MPW test. Should it fail, we will need more investment and about 4 months to fix it. The chances of failure are low but they exist. This is a “Risk Buy”. The Customer accepts all responsibility for the performance of the Prototype(s), and waives all rights to reschedule or cancel purchase order, and waives the right to return defective units.
To complete this order, please pay minimum 5% of your order first. After payment we will send the NDA and full contract. Should you not agree with the contract, we will cancel your order and refund the funds received by us in full.

It just gets funnier by the day.

send us money.  if we cancel the project we keep 5%.  the chip might not work and that's on you, even though we designed it.

don't worry the last group of people to trust us with their money all did great.  just check our forum or bitcointalk!

just know that our fanclub has a funny way of showing their love.  they act like they all lost money.  they'll say we didn't keep our word on anything and cannot be trusted.  But that's because they're all pranksters.  crazy kids.

now send us your money.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:10:39 AM

HAHA either they have no more money and don't want to lose any of their own on this failure of an endeavor!  What a laughable offer!  The scum of the earth goes lower, at least BFL didn't offer investors losses in a project they plan to cancel.

And wasn't the chip supposed to tape out last week?  That's what the last update said, so BA is already missing deadlines and not doing what they said they could do.  Eerie the similarities between this project and the SHA project, almost like looking back 9 months.

If anyone even remotely considers giving them any money for an already outdated chip, they deserve to lose their 5% when BA inevitably cancels this project.  I will also start a fund for anyone who is willing to breach the NDA (remember you are outside of their country and BA can't really go after you and you can remain anonymous) and give up the specs and details of this chip.  Not like BA cares about keeping your info safe, so why should you theirs?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

HAHA either they have no more money and don't want to lose any of their own on this failure of an endeavor!  What a laughable offer!  The scum of the earth goes lower, at least BFL didn't offer investors losses in a project they plan to cancel.

And wasn't the chip supposed to tape out last week?  That's what the last update said, so BA is already missing deadlines and not doing what they said they could do.  Eerie the similarities between this project and the SHA project, almost like looking back 9 months.

If anyone even remotely considers giving them any money for an already outdated chip, they deserve to lose their 5% when BA inevitably cancels this project.  I will also start a fund for anyone who is willing to breach the NDA (remember you are outside of their country and BA can't really go after you and you can remain anonymous) and give up the specs and details of this chip.  Not like BA cares about keeping your info safe, so why should you theirs?

send us 25,000 to look at the contract and a total of 500,000 and you'll make 10%

of what?

these people are unreal.  they've totally flopped on this.  everyone that gave them a dime now has a penny.  

good luck getting people with a cool half million to spare to agree to these ridiculous terms.

I've gone from wanting my money back to almost enjoying watching Black Arrow do one dumb thing after another.  

this is their plan?  find suckers with half a million that will send 25K just to read the contract?  

HAHAHAHAHA!  that is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard.   good luck, assholes.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:46:54 AM

http://ecointalk.net/topic/1348-my-x3-caught-fire/

"... there was a loud bang sound, and then i could see one of the X3's was on fire. ..."

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:49:22 AM

In response to the customer whose miner exploded and caught fire BA has stated "We will now add an ageing procedure in order to test for further problems."

I'm guessing this will delay shipping for another month or two.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:24:49 AM

Getting refund would be so much nicer than being ripped off and then shipped a worthless miner that's both an explosion and fire hazard.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:50:45 AM

Getting refund would be so much nicer than being ripped off and then shipped a worthless miner that's both an explosion and fire hazard.

now they're a fire hazard.

see these pics someone posted of an X-3 that went up in flames after less than a day of run time

from ecointalk:

I have posted four images here:
http://imgur.com/TsrIFt3
http://imgur.com/VWandpq
http://imgur.com/oQ2YU4A
http://imgur.com/0HRLVmN
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:12:39 PM

http://ecointalk.net/topic/1348-my-x3-caught-fire/

"... there was a loud bang sound, and then i could see one of the X3's was on fire. ..."

good grief.

they should ship with a fire extinguisher mounted on the side or maybe smoke alarm. 

maybe that's the surprise.  'comes with free firefighting gear'  'teach your children about bitcoin mining AND how to run from a burning building.'

when they were having problems shipping because boards were popping out I wondered about the overall quality of the design.  a group that can't design something that doesn't fly apart during shipping and can't think ahead well enough to test the packaging.  what else could they have missed.   plenty, it seems.

now they're catching on fire.  hell, even I didn't expect that one.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:30:00 PM

That's pretty impressive. I wonder if they were not doing R(ds) current sensing or v(sd) sensor on the FETs which allowed a cut-through to short the <1v line. Either that or a low voltage cap shorted, but those caps are normally too small to really feed a fire.

C
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:01:35 PM

dir dir dir, Iv got an extra 1.8M to invest in mining equipment.  Oooh this BlackArrow Software looks promising, let me just do a quick google search of their name, you know, just in case...omg the second link is to this thread where people are shouting scam and liars at BA.  Certainly that can't be true, I think I will invest anyway.

Is that what you think people are going to do BA?  Your so deep in shit your drowning.  Enjoy the icy grip of death.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:29:51 PM

It's the Bitfury Boards all over again.  Anyone else having major deja vu?

Here's how it will play out based on the past, they will identify the problem, which is something they did wrong.  They will find someone who can fix it in your home country, all you have to do is pay to send it to them and back.  And the missed mining time, well you have been waiting thing long haven't ya?  Whats a few more weeks gonna do?

You are no longer shipping X3's??  Said as if you were actually shipping them to begin with.  Oh no, the 2 X3's that were supposed to go out today won't make it out the door, looks like another month or two back in our data center for "stress testing".

SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:31:03 PM

Another excuse, BA how lame!!

ugabuga, on 02 Sept 2014 - 6:44 PM, said:

I'm confused .... after all the "stuff that did not explode" after all, explodes Huh?

can someone explain?

On the hashboard there are no electrolytic capacitors. Everything is solid. They cannot explode with flame.

This 1500uF electrolytic capacitor ended on this board by mistake: We have added it while trying to debug the noise in the SPI and forgot to delete it from the BOM. By the time we got the backplanes they were already mounted. We did not think that it might be a problem and we were pushed by you (customer) to ship asap therefore we have not removed them. Removing them would have caused at least 1 day delay.

We also don't need the 470uF solid capacitors from the backplane.

Behind door number 1 Monty we have the X-3 ZONKER MINER please don't operate it without supervision it may result in you ending up homeless or worse yet burned to a damn crisp.

maybe they can add fire-proof enclosures on their store.

New!  Fireproof enclosure for use only with Black Arrow bitcoin miners!  Use one of these and you won't start a fire in your house!  500.00 USD*

*Please note:  Use of one of these prevents proper airflow and therefore voids any warranty.  Regards!
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:43:11 PM

I would also be careful selling these on Ebay, I am not totally sure what the policy is, but if you sell something that burns down someone's house or hurts someone, it may be you who is liable.  Again, not sure about that, but it is something I would look into before selling.

SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:51:06 PM

I'm contemplating if I should start solo mining with my 2 x1's and hope I get lucky.  I can't sell them on ebay, they make less than a dollar a day mining on a pool and my power is cheap so it won't cost me much.  I know the chance of finding a block is slim at best but it's starting to look like the best option.

Why can't you ebay them? Mine showed up, ima use em until they are sold. I really came to terms about losing this money a few months ago so now i figure even if i can get SOMETHING for them it is still better than nothing.
Your idea of something vs nothing may be different then someone else . After ebay fees and what not even if you don't do free shipping and charge about ten bucks anyone paying more the $100 for the x-1 is the village idiot when you could invest that $100 into a better more GH/s unit and have at least 3x's the hashing power and less chance of burning down your facilities . Good thing winters rite around the corner they may make great space heaters if your brave enough to use them . Plus the idea of passing off shottie fire hazards to someone .

yep, resale value just fell to zero.

you can't sell them knowing they are hazard.

and neither can Black Arrow.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:56:46 PM

I'm confused .... after all the "stuff that did not explode" after all, explodes Huh?

can someone explain?

On the hashboard there are no electrolytic capacitors. Everything is solid. They cannot explode with flame.

This 1500uF electrolytic capacitor ended on this board by mistake: We have added it while trying to debug the noise in the SPI and forgot to delete it from the BOM. By the time we got the backplanes they were already mounted. We did not think that it might be a problem and we were pushed by you (customer) to ship asap therefore we have not removed them. Removing them would have caused at least 1 day delay.

That is ofcourse bullshit and they know it..
they have a huge problem on their hands cause the machine is CE certified. that means that if something happend house on fire, human electrocution and its caused by the BA miner they are responsible !!

Authorities would ask the TCD files of the miners. (Technicel Construction Dossier) if is not complete our the product did not pass certain test well you will loss your balls ....

it is absolutely bullshit.

so they had this cap that shouldn't have been on the BOM, but was.

and if they're not supposedly doing anything, why was there enough load on them to blow them and start a fire.

these guys are fucked.  these caps are likely indicative of another problem.  just putting bigger/different caps in the system doesn't solve the underlying issue of whatever caused these to fail.

are we supposed to believe that they over-rated every other part BUT the caps so we'll be fine as soon as they upgrade the caps?

BS.  this is more likely a design flaw that goes well beyond the caps.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:10:15 AM

can someone explain?

they have a huge problem on their hands cause the machine is CE certified. that means that if something happend house on fire, human electrocution and its caused by the BA miner they are responsible !!

Authorities would ask the TCD files of the miners. (Technicel Construction Dossier) if is not complete our the product did not pass certain test well you will loss your balls ....

and if they're not supposedly doing anything, why was there enough load on them to blow them and start a fire.

these guys are fucked.  these caps are likely indicative of another problem.  just putting bigger/different caps in the system doesn't solve the underlying issue of whatever caused these to fail.

are we supposed to believe that they over-rated every other part BUT the caps so we'll be fine as soon as they upgrade the caps?

Feel free to provide better design if you are so proficient, with analysis and free time. Why don't you get one and fix the issue? I love the people that can discuss a lot of things throw crap and stuff but cannot even make their home PC work.
Issue points only at one thing, that it has to be investigated beyond someone pointing a finger and saying "LOOK a problem!", it's like playing captain obvious.
Hope future of the technology does not depend on such people, that are able to make analysis and conclusions based on who knows what.

Good luck anyway.

Who the fuck are you shill? Better go home before you get hurt. This will be your only warning.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:06:44 AM

Quoted from "My X3 caught fire!!" on eCoin Talk.

Q: "Also, BA. Could you please have someone quote me to host this equipment in china?" -- cendav

A: "Hosting in China is difficult: the Chinese firewall cuts us off from the pool and the power is expensive" -- blackarrow

So hosted miners and rent-a-minion was just a lie then?

I'm guessing rent-a-minion customers will be sent BTC from the coins BA took from them as payment based on calculations of what X Gh/s would currently make on a pool.

Hey Captain, has anybody mentioned that your a filthy scumbag?
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:24:13 AM

Quoted from "My X3 caught fire!!" on eCoin Talk.

Q: "Also, BA. Could you please have someone quote me to host this equipment in china?" -- cendav

A: "Hosting in China is difficult: the Chinese firewall cuts us off from the pool and the power is expensive" -- blackarrow

So hosted miners and rent-a-minion was just a lie then?

I'm guessing rent-a-minion customers will be sent BTC from the coins BA took from them as payment based on calculations of what X Gh/s would currently make on a pool.

Hey Captain, has anybody mentioned that your a filthy scumbag?

I imagine they're less inclined to host themselves now they know they're a legitimate threat to life (rather than just wallet & sanity) with the new improved self-combustion feature...

Giving it some more thought BA's statement is a problematic. I've seen pics of several Bitcoin data centres in China. Xbtec was showing off pics of theirs full of AM miners (they claim) for example. I've also seen pics from BA of their engineer kevin666 mining on ghash from inside China.

So what's going on? Is this just a bullshit excuse not to host for customers?

Perhaps it's just an easy to believe statement to lead customers away from the fact they're mining with our shit. Also do we know cendav isn't a shill? This provides BA with the excuse they need to keep mining with our shit and continue the delay until they've squeezed out every last Satoshi.

If cendav isn't a shill then sorry kid, you got robbed then mailed a fire bomb.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:08:56 PM

can someone explain?

Feel free to provide better design if you are so proficient, with analysis and free time. Why don't you get one and fix the issue? I love the people that can discuss a lot of things throw crap and stuff but cannot even make their home PC work.
Issue points only at one thing, that it has to be investigated beyond someone pointing a finger and saying "LOOK a problem!", it's like playing captain obvious.
Hope future of the technology does not depend on such people, that are able to make analysis and conclusions based on who knows what.

Good luck anyway.

and I hope the future of technology doesn't depend on morons like the people at BA, of which you clearly are one.  that shitty company has had nearly a year to develop a product and when they finally ship it, it's a fire hazard.

and you know full well that what I said makes sense or it wouldn't have pissed you off, as it interferes with your ongoing cover-up to try to get people to buy in to the crazy idea that the rest of the design is just fine, these are just some bad components.  you people don't give 2 shits if people die as long as you can keep your scam going and keep the money wrongfully held from consumers that no longer want your obsolete and hazardous product.

you're obviously a shill.  all one has to do is read your posts to figure that out,  as they are all dealing with Black Arrow and mostly defending this scumball company, so I say with all my heart, you fuck yourself you lying, incompetent thief.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:12:08 PM

a second customer reporting a fire in their X-3 on their forum:

woobone, on 02 Sept 2014 - 9:15 PM, said:
one of my x3 caught on fire inside while i try to figure out how to set up my pool address!! unit wasn't even hashing i stop cgminer and try to figure how to input pool address few min later i smell something burning , i look inside miner saw a little frame than i unplug from the wall and just try to blow off the frame. didn't have time to RMA yet have to move this weekend, this suck big time wait for 9 months ++ so should i stop running the other x3 Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: