Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:40:12 PM

They get more and more laughable every single day.  I thought they have been working on the issue...?  Guess they are too incompetent to figure it out and as has been the result of every other problem, they have gone to outside firms, which once again begs the question, what has BA actually done?

Why is it acceptable if it happens in whatever percent of units?  Your saying that if I plug one of these in, I have a chance of burning my house down?  I would say your .5% is completely wrong to start, but for the sake of argument lets say its spot on.  That means if you plug in both of the units that come with an X-3 (not even counting the extra unit your supposed to get as compensation, notice no mention of that still), you have a 1% chance that the unit will catch fire and even if it doesn't burn your house down, will still release toxic fumes into your house that are deadly.

Notice how they failed to mention what the hosting costs would be (I assume astronomical as it would take a crazy person to run one machine, much less a "datacenter's" worth when the chance for it to go up in flames is that high).  Also, they didn't mention shipping back to the "partner's datacenter", which I assume the customer will pay for the peace of mind of not running potentially dangerous and hazardous equipment in their homes.

Also, since they already admitted that shipping causes damages, you now have a double chance of something breaking and have to take BA's word for it when it arrives and they claim that something is now broken.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:49:00 PM

Here's a complementary device for those soon to take delivery of an X-3 that may have small children too small to sleep with their own gas masks on.  

My wife thinks this is a great idea, I assure you.  

GPK260

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:56:36 PM

Angiem was offered hosting by them ...Wait for it.....$ 92.50 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freicoin Donations: 13dvY6AStLLSJ9VEKTSJDYkzWdgeGeyE6q
Bitcoin Donations: 1BkLCL6teSx1CRwT8yn7Qrv8hvVinuUKZx
UK Police Fraud Crime number opened against Black Arrow: NFRC141000810656
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:29:52 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 05:51:09 PM by SimonBeCoinin

So are they burning or not burning?  First they say they're not burning, as there's nothing to burn, but the fire is really the LED blinking.  I found that inventive, even for them.  They must have smoked a serious joint to come up with that crazy shite, or maybe dropped some shrooms and asked the dog for it's professional opinion.

Now they're saying that the plastic can burn and that the fumes are toxic.

So, then is the story that the LEDs are emitting toxic fumes?

Garsh, I am so confused.......

Well, not as confused as these fucking morons, but still pretty damn confused.

Wait, I've got it.  It's the LED manufacturer's fault!  Those bastards!

ETA:  They really should stop that idiot Nemesidis from posting.  Everything is either some snotty shitheaded comment or an outright lie.  And this is the customer support director, as per his LinkedIn page.  LOL.  That is totally typical of this shitty fucking company.  Assign exactly the wrong people for the job and let them run wild.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:15:42 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 12:54:56 AM by notbatman

Dear XXX,

Unfortunately due to lack of funds, as we invested money in production and payment to workers, we currently do not posses money required to issue refunds.

Bullshit, you guys were mining on Bitfurys purchased with our money from day-one and are fucking loaded now.

We understand your situation, however we do not sell out of the shelf products ...

There are USED Bitfury miners in stock for sale on your website that are "out of the shelf". You guys are so full of shit.

... and according to Hong Kong law, this case is classified as investment in new product development.

"Black Arrow is not an investment or insurance company and cannot accept to be taken advantage of" -- blackarrow

You guys stink so bad.

As for delay compensation, we offered our customers multiple options where they can pick the best way that will suit them, Currently we offer 50% compensation in hardware, ...

50% additional hardware? The hardware is worthless now how is 50% more considered compensation?

... or Conversion to ASIC minion chips each 45$ paid equal 1 chip of 100 GH/S, we will also announce additional option soon.

The Minion is obsolete, how are bare chips compensation when they're practically worthless? What am I going to do play poker with them?

We are sorry for inconvenience caused.

Regards Alexey A.

Inconvenience? You guys STOLE thousands and thousands of dollars from me this is THEFT not an inconvenience.
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

Please rest assured that this issue is covered by warranty and in order to provide peace of mind to customers that are concerned that this might happen to their machine we are offering hosting into our partner's datacenter in China. This includes any X3 unit that has been shipped or still due to be shipped. Please contact us via our customer support, should you like us to host your X3.

Fuck these people, they even just figured out how to take advantage of the fact that their pieces of shit light on fire to make not just the Rent-Some-Minions a Ponzi scheme, but also the direct hardware sales! These X3's never have to be made, all they have to do is once you're ready to end hosting, contact you with a price to ship it to you that isn't worth it, and in the meantime all they did was pay you back a tiny portion of your own bitcoins pretending you've been mining.

Meanwhile they're collecting an extra hundred bucks every month from you for the privilege of being conned, they keep all the functional X3's for themselves for their own personal farm, preferentially ship out the broken ones to a small amount of customers, and handle all the RMA related issues at customer expense.

Holy crap are we all idiots for not being criminals.
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:06:20 PM

Please rest assured that this issue is covered by warranty and in order to provide peace of mind to customers that are concerned that this might happen to their machine we are offering hosting into our partner's datacenter in China. This includes any X3 unit that has been shipped or still due to be shipped. Please contact us via our customer support, should you like us to host your X3.

Fuck these people, they even just figured out how to take advantage of the fact that their pieces of shit light on fire to make not just the Rent-Some-Minions a Ponzi scheme, but also the direct hardware sales! These X3's never have to be made, all they have to do is once you're ready to end hosting, contact you with a price to ship it to you that isn't worth it, and in the meantime all they did was pay you back a tiny portion of your own bitcoins pretending you've been mining.

Meanwhile they're collecting an extra hundred bucks every month from you for the privilege of being conned, they keep all the functional X3's for themselves for their own personal farm, preferentially ship out the broken ones to a small amount of customers, and handle all the RMA related issues at customer expense.

Holy crap are we all idiots for not being criminals.

Yep.  Unless they include shipping of the product at the end of this hosting and allow us to remotely monitor and control these, as I think they promised at the outset we could do during the free 5 day period (or maybe it was rentaminion) this could be exactly this sort of scam.

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:26:09 AM

In a way I'd love to see them hosting all of these things.

They can watch them, they can fix them, they can deal with the bullshit they have created.

fuckin' karma as far as I'm concerned.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:04:44 AM

Dear XXX,

Unfortunately due to lack of funds, as we invested money in production and payment to workers, we currently do not posses money required to issue refunds.

Bullshit, you guys were mining on Bitfurys purchased with our money from day-one and are fucking loaded now.

We understand your situation, however we do not sell out of the shelf products ...

There are USED Bitfury miners in stock for sale on your website that are "out of the shelf". You guys are so full of shit.

... and according to Hong Kong law, this case is classified as investment in new product development.

"Black Arrow is not an investment or insurance company and cannot accept to be taken advantage of" -- blackarrow

You guys stink so bad.

As for delay compensation, we offered our customers multiple options where they can pick the best way that will suit them, Currently we offer 50% compensation in hardware, ...

50% additional hardware? The hardware is worthless now how is 50% more considered compensation?

... or Conversion to ASIC minion chips each 45$ paid equal 1 chip of 100 GH/S, we will also announce additional option soon.

The Minion is obsolete, how are bare chips compensation when they're practically worthless? What am I going to do play poker with them?

We are sorry for inconvenience caused.

Regards Alexey A.

Inconvenience? You guys STOLE thousands and thousands of dollars from me this is THEFT not an inconvenience.

This case eh?  Cheesy
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:14:04 AM

It would seem the ESL enhances your Freudian slip Mr ANDREEV.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:20:14 PM

Date added: 12 Nov 2014 Prospero X3 issues

There have been several reports and X3 units returned to warranty that have failed during hashing. While the issue has happened to less than 0.5% of manufactured machines, we would like to assure that this is under our standards of quality and we deeply apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.
We take this matter very seriously and have started looking into it with the first report we have received. We have also already contracted several expert companies to help us analyse and locate the problem. Until now we have not received their final answer but their preliminary analysis is that the problem is caused by faulty soldering of the mosfets which allowed them to overheat and enter in a state of short-circuit which caused the PCB to overheat and the PCI socket to meltdown. We believe that the smoke caused by the mosfet and plastic burning is toxic and must not be inhaled. For this reason we ask customers who have just received their X3 to keep it in a well ventilated area for at least 1 week as we did not had the chance to test the latest shipped miners for more than 1 hour.

This reminds me of back in May when they stated they had multiple teams of engineers working on the serial communications problem around the clock for weeks on end without rest.

This new problem and the multiple teams they've contracted out to fix it seems like a smoke-screen to cover the fact that they're not actually shipping all but a few X3s. Can we expect delivery in Q1/Q2 of 2015 now or is this too optimistic?
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:48:04 PM

Too optimistic by half. Once they're done blaming the solderers, they'll find some other bullshit excuse for non-fulfillment.

"Sorry, it's a 2-week national holiday again in China."

"Sorry, the dog ate the plans for new firmware revision."

"Sorry, someone made the mistake of feeding the gremlins after midnight."

0.5% failure rate my hairy ass.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:57:54 PM

Too optimistic by half. Once they're done blaming the solderers, they'll find some other bullshit excuse for non-fulfillment.

The gremlins technical skills make it my all-time favourite supernatural entity. The original Twilight Zone: The Movie was awesome! Grin

breakingcode

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:12:36 PM

blackarrow, on 08 Nov 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

"Prospero software update: 1.14
Should there be a short circuit, the PSU will refuse to power up. If this happens, the customer will need to return us the faulty hashboard for replacement.
Note that this protection is working only with APlusPower PSUs that is included in our miners.

Soooooo...
"Download our software so we can brick your miner."

At this point there's a "Trading Places" like bet going on somewhere...

"What should we bet on?"

Well last time we bet I turned Kanye West into a superstar,.. so you need to do something very difficult, something that I'll quickly agree can't be done, but you're sure you can do, that way we'll be even.

"OK  I bet you I can repeatedly defraud, lie, molest, insult, overpromise and underdeliver, bait and switch, and make up excuses over and over to a group of people who will buy my products. I will break every essential rule of business, and I will still walk away 100% in the clear with not only the money I charge them, but I will actually have them work for me and give me money above and beyond what I charged them. To make things really interesting,.. I'll even wait over a year to deliver to many of them,.. what do you say?"

Can't be done,.. You have yourself a bet!

"How much shall we say for then?"

The usual, 1 yen of course!
breakingcode

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:18:26 PM

I'm guessing failure rates are well over 25%
I'm also pretty sure every dollar given to Black Arrow funds terrorist groups like ISIS.

Meanwhile they're busy funding other projects that have nothing to do with our miners, so that when/if compensation time ever comes they can say "Oh verry sorry, no money in the accounts see? We are very very poor, no money here, you go mine and make money that way!, You go now! WHAT?! no that's not a bomb vest and a scrypt miner behind that table, it's an illusion, you imagining it! YOU GO NOW!"
breakingcode

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:27:17 PM
Merited by toptek (10)

I'm also pretty sure every dollar given to Black Arrow funds terrorist groups like ISIS.

OH   MY   GOD
I was just looking through the international Terrorist Database and I found this:
http://archive.adl.org/terrorism/symbols/popular_front_pa1.html

The Black Arrow as represented by terrorist groups!!

Now I'm not saying with 100% certainty that Black Arrow supports Terrorists..
But their model would be a stellar way to do so (Impossible to litigate, moving bitcoins around to buy arms, drugs, soldiers, etc....

I mean Glenn Beck Raped and murdered that girl didn't he? It's entirely possible BA funds Acts of Terror all over the globe!!

Someone NEEDS TO EXPOSE THIS (if it is true)
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:29:34 PM

blackarrow, on 08 Nov 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

"Prospero software update: 1.14
Should there be a short circuit, the PSU will refuse to power up. If this happens, the customer will need to return us the faulty hashboard for replacement.
Note that this protection is working only with APlusPower PSUs that is included in our miners.

Soooooo...
"Download our software so we can brick your miner."

At this point there's a "Trading Places" like bet going on somewhere...

"What should we bet on?"

Well last time we bet I turned Kanye West into a superstar,.. so you need to do something very difficult, something that I'll quickly agree can't be done, but you're sure you can do, that way we'll be even.

"OK  I bet you I can repeatedly defraud, lie, molest, insult, overpromise and underdeliver, bait and switch, and make up excuses over and over to a group of people who will buy my products. I will break every essential rule of business, and I will still walk away 100% in the clear with not only the money I charge them, but I will actually have them work for me and give me money above and beyond what I charged them. To make things really interesting,.. I'll even wait over a year to deliver to many of them,.. what do you say?"

Can't be done,.. You have yourself a bet!

"How much shall we say for then?"

The usual, 1 yen of course!

Their latest offer is for you to download their windows control centre software, probably to monitor your wallet.dat file. BA has a bright future with this potential cloud mining gold mine.
warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:30:32 PM

Out of the 10 units we have running, there are a few bad chips/boards out of all of them, but nothing major.  We have the replacement boards to put in, just working on them one at a time.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:41:33 PM

OH   MY   GOD
I was just looking through the international Terrorist Database and I found this:
http://archive.adl.org/terrorism/symbols/popular_front_pa1.html

The Black Arrow as represented by terrorist groups!!

Now I'm not saying with 100% certainty that Black Arrow supports Terrorists..
But their model would be a stellar way to do so (Impossible to litigate, moving bitcoins around to buy arms, drugs, soldiers, etc....

I mean Glenn Beck Raped and murdered that girl didn't he? It's entirely possible BA funds Acts of Terror all over the globe!!

Someone NEEDS TO EXPOSE THIS (if it is true)

It looks to me like their logo is a 1:1 ripoff of the Adobe logo.

Like many things in life there often are are no coincidences and the terrorist logo does contain a backwards black arrow turning 90° as central feature.

Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:37:22 PM

Still no reply from Minersource about my promised refund it's now almost a year ago since I pre-ordered and paid for 2 Blackarrow X-1 miners, worst. decision. ever.  Angry

They only have to send me 1 BTC (less then 50% of what I paid) which is done in less then a minute, instead they decide to simply keep my money going against all consumer protection laws. I don't know what to do anymore..

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: