Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:54:22 AM

I made a wallpaper for the community

Happy OpalDrive Announcement Day Grin
the next days will be very interesting to follow..

Thank you Fontline,

and yes, next future will be very interesting, spring is coming with its load of ideas !

E=(ɔ)mc²

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:59:52 AM

Colored Coins Status Update (2/25)

Hey guys!

I just wanted to stop by and give you guys a status update on colored coins.

The CLI version has been out for quite some time at http://github.com/opalcoin/colorcore

We recently open sourced our GUI (in development) at http://github.com/whitj00/colorwallet

The GUI is built on python and django, and uses the open-assets library to fully use the colored coins features. Some features that will be available in our alpha:

Send and Recieve Opal
Issue an asset on the Opal blockchain
Send and recieve assets on the Opal Blockchain
Currently our main "issue" is support for loading multiple wallet data files concurrently, which will allow users to control their own private keys.

The next few features we will be working on (for the future) are:

Full trading platform for Opal <-> Assets and Assets<->Assets
Crowdfunding tools
Business class colored coin enabled RESTful apis to communicate with the Opal blockchain
And more

~Whit

http://whit.opal-coin.com/colored-coins-status-update-225/

I will be posting regular updates to whit.opal-coin.com, the opalcoin-dev journal
satoutaka6612

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:20:35 PM

Good job for rapid.

I do want to hear.

With respect to withdrawal process from the purse,
The sequence of priorities within coin control of when it is pulled out automatically?
Because I want to give priority to POS, I think the number of validated during the automatic withdrawal is the ability to bring out from low coin?

I want to move to the purse of linux from windows of wallet. OK in the movement of wallet.dat?
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:24:01 PM

You can move a walet.dat from linux to windows and the other way around .... there is no difference.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:12:07 PM

wait what Shocked we are still at 3500 sat with opal drive coming ?  Cheesy

I think the news don't hit everybody,there's some article coming,some press are on it to explain what it mean ?
bassguitarman

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:16:33 PM

http://nxter.org/opalcoin-announces-release-of-opal-drive/
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

"By using Storj’s MetaDisk infrastructure...
users will be able to upload, transfer, and decrypt files all in the wallet via the Storj MetaDisk API."

Here's the whitepaper, you're welcome:

http://www.opal-coin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/OpalDriveWhitepaper.pdf

Since Storj is in alpha testing using only handpicked early investors...
And in what can be described as an early proof-of-concept stage...
So early Opan Drive users are basically part of Storj alpha testing?

https://live.driveshare.org/
brandoff

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:55:52 PM

users will be able to upload, transfer, and decrypt files all in the wallet via the Storj MetaDisk API."

Storj dev here. I can second these concerns. Saying Opal "partnered" with us when they were just planning on using our MetaDisk API was concerning, but we just attributed it to over-eager marketing.

However, this current announcement, if it implies that Opal Drive is currently using Storj, is just too far. The current MetaDisk test nodes we have are just that, tests, and are not suitable for production usage for a whole number of reasons. We've made lots of progress on the farming infrastructure side (as highlighted in live.driveshare.org) but the farming network is not hooked up to MetaDisk yet.

Our current managed tests (i.e. our test nodes) are only accessible to our crowdsale supporters, who are whitelisted by SJCX address.

I don't like to sling poop, but these kind of announcements risk tarnishing the respect of our own project, so you guys need to be crystal clear in exactly what you are doing...
bassguitarman

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:01:15 PM

Storj dev here. I can second these concerns. Saying Opal "partnered" with us when they were just planning on using our MetaDisk APIs was concerning, but we just attributed it to over-eager marketing.

However, this current announcement, if it implies that Opal Drive is currently using Storj, is just too far. The current MetaDisk test nodes we have are just that, tests, and are not suitable for production usage for a whole number of reasons. We've made lots of progress on the farming infrastructure side (as highlighted in live.driveshare.org) but the farming network is not hooked up to MetaDisk yet.

Our current managed tests (i.e. our test node) is only accessible to our crowdsale supporters, whitelisted by SJCX address.

I don't like to sling shit, but these kind of announcements risk tarnishing the respect of our own project, so you guys need to be crystal clear in exactly what you are doing...

Sorry, I tried to make that clear in the white paper, we are not using the driveshare network, but rather the metadisk network.  I would say the partnership (which was over-eager journalism) was much more false than saying we are using storj, because metadisk is a storj project.  Please contact me on Skype if you would like to talk
brandoff

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:11:03 PM

Storj dev here. I can second these concerns. Saying Opal "partnered" with us when they were just planning on using our MetaDisk APIs was concerning, but we just attributed it to over-eager marketing.

Our current managed tests (i.e. our test node) is only accessible to our crowdsale supporters, whitelisted by SJCX address.

I don't like to sling shit, but these kind of announcements risk tarnishing the respect of our own project, so you guys need to be crystal clear in exactly what you are doing...

Sorry, I tried to make that clear in the white paper, we are not using the driveshare network, but rather the metadisk network.  I would say the partnership (which was over-eager journalism) was much more false than saying we are using storj, because metadisk is a storj project.  Please contact me on Skype if you would like to talk

MetaDisk and DriveShare are both applications that will interact on the Storj network, so I'm not sure what you mean. MetaDisk nodes are fine for testing API interface, but certainly not for a formal integration right now.

I personally don't know a lot about Opal and my intention is not to make any comments about the Opal project. My only concern is that if you are going to talk about Storj or Storj integration in public announcements, you make it clear what you are doing. People in the crypto community are already on edge because of the number of less-than-reputable projects around. We work hard to be crystal clear with our community about the progress of Storj and minimize concern where possible. Misleading or unclear announcements can undermine those efforts.
BLACKCOIN883

Activity: 271

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:00:39 PM

MetaDisk and DriveShare are both applications that will interact on the Storj network, so I'm not sure what you mean. MetaDisk nodes are fine for testing API interface, but certainly not for a formal integration right now.

I personally don't know a lot about Opal and my intention is not to make any comments about the Opal project. My only concern is that if you are going to talk about Storj or Storj integration in public announcements, you make it clear what you are doing. People in the crypto community are already on edge because of the number of less-than-reputable projects around. We work hard to be crystal clear with our community about the progress of Storj and minimize concern where possible. Misleading or unclear announcements can undermine those efforts.

so if people/news articles put a different wording to things, or twist things around or say things incorrectly its opal's fault? hm interesting.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:05:33 PM

Colored Coins Status Update (2/25)

Hey guys!

I just wanted to stop by and give you guys a status update on colored coins.

The CLI version has been out for quite some time at http://github.com/opalcoin/colorcore

We recently open sourced our GUI (in development) at http://github.com/whitj00/colorwallet

The GUI is built on python and django, and uses the open-assets library to fully use the colored coins features. Some features that will be available in our alpha:

Send and Recieve Opal
Issue an asset on the Opal blockchain
Send and recieve assets on the Opal Blockchain
Currently our main "issue" is support for loading multiple wallet data files concurrently, which will allow users to control their own private keys.

The next few features we will be working on (for the future) are:

Full trading platform for Opal <-> Assets and Assets<->Assets
Crowdfunding tools
Business class colored coin enabled RESTful apis to communicate with the Opal blockchain
And more

~Whit

http://whit.opal-coin.com/colored-coins-status-update-225/

I will be posting regular updates to whit.opal-coin.com, the opalcoin-dev journal

nice, following the blog.
bassguitarman

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:48:10 AM

We will be releasing an update on Opal Drive shortly
bassguitarman

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:46:45 AM

On Opal Drive, Storj, and Metadisk
On February 24, 2015, Opal announced Opal Drive being close to a public release version. Opal Drive was a project that was created in October of 2014. It was at this time Storj approached us with the possibility of using MetaDisk, via their API, as an off-chain solution.

After research and consultation with the whole Opal team, we decided that Storj was a great project that satisfied the high standards we demanded out of Opal Drive. I and the rest of the Opal team were excited at the chance of integrating MetaDisk into our project, as Opal had the opportunity to be the first real-world application that used Storj’s infrastructure.

Unfortunately, along the way miscommunications were made. Over at Opal, we were under the impression that MetaDisk was ready for use in Opal Drive; all that needed to be done was getting Opal Drive off its feet.

9000+ lines of code later, we announced that a beta release of Opal Drive would be open to the public for testing. This announcement was also the same day we learned that MetaDisk was not ready for widespread use.

Opal Drive is on it’s way but we’re now communicating more closely with Storj developers to see a successful mainstream release for Opal Drive. We apologize for any confusion and we’re continuing development to bring Opal Drive to all the supporters of Opalcoin.

We’d like to thank Storj for all their hard work in the space, and giving us the chance to integrate these technologies into Opalcoin.

~Bass

Post Mirrored at http://whit.opal-coin.com/untitled-2/
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:04:43 AM

I thought all that went without saying. Why would something built on Storj be available before Storj was released?

I moved the price more on my own a few months ago buying up to 7000 so I will do it again soon Smiley I can't budge SJCX though lol just hedge it all the way!
brandoff

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:54:59 AM

On Opal Drive, Storj, and Metadisk
On February 24, 2015, Opal announced Opal Drive being close to a public release version. Opal Drive was a project that was created in October of 2014. It was at this time Storj approached us with the possibility of using MetaDisk, via their API, as an off-chain solution.

After research and consultation with the whole Opal team, we decided that Storj was a great project that satisfied the high standards we demanded out of Opal Drive. I and the rest of the Opal team were excited at the chance of integrating MetaDisk into our project, as Opal had the opportunity to be the first real-world application that used Storj’s infrastructure.

Unfortunately, along the way miscommunications were made. Over at Opal, we were under the impression that MetaDisk was ready for use in Opal Drive; all that needed to be done was getting Opal Drive off its feet.

9000+ lines of code later, we announced that a beta release of Opal Drive would be open to the public for testing. This announcement was also the same day we learned that MetaDisk was not ready for widespread use.

Opal Drive is on it’s way but we’re now communicating more closely with Storj developers to see a successful mainstream release for Opal Drive. We apologize for any confusion and we’re continuing development to bring Opal Drive to all the supporters of Opalcoin.

We’d like to thank Storj for all their hard work in the space, and giving us the chance to integrate these technologies into Opalcoin.

~Bass

Post Mirrored at http://whit.opal-coin.com/untitled-2/

Thanks for being proactive and clarifying. In the future, please feel free to contact our team members if you have any questions about where we are at, our APIs, etc. We're happy to chat!
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 03:06:17 AM

To address any miscommunications. Storj is no way associated with Opal or Opal Drive. I had one meeting with them in October of last year, but other than that really don't know whats going on.

Cool that people are using MetaDisk, but it remains a sample proof of concept. Our code is open source, anyone is free to use. If someone wants to shoot me a Github link for the code to Opal Drive, happy to browse through.

tldr; Although Opal uses MetaDisk code, Storj or myself has never endorsed and reviewed Opal or Opal Drive. So just don't mistake a mention of Storj tech as an endorsement.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
bassguitarman

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:35:49 AM

To address any miscommunications. Storj is no way associated with Opal or Opal Drive. I had one meeting with them in October of last year, but other than that really don't know whats going on.

Cool that people are using MetaDisk, but it remains a sample proof of concept. Our code is open source, anyone is free to use. If someone wants to shoot me a Github link for the code to Opal Drive, happy to browse through.

tldr; Although Opal uses MetaDisk code, Storj or myself has never endorsed and reviewed Opal or Opal Drive. So just don't mistake a mention of Storj tech as an endorsement.

Sure, it's in the files branch of the opal coin github.  This is just a POC, no encryption or opacity link sending is done yet.  It doesn't correctly output the link either, but in general, the file does  upload.  Once i fix the return, we will release the PoC
Voidlord

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:15:02 AM

House of Fontline:

Wink

E=(ɔ)mc²
bassguitarman

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:11:02 AM

Opal Drive Update

Hey Guys,

Development of Opal Drive is continuing, and we are going to utilize an alternate solution to Storj that we think better suits Opalcoin. The code on our Github was an early Proof-of-Concept that was still being developed, and we’re confident we can find another solution quickly to make Opal Drive a success similarly and implement the needed security and stability for our users.

Earlier today, a dev from Storj responded to Opal's thread with some concerns, basically saying that it’s not possible we are using their platform. What we had proposed was a Proof-of-Concept for their testnet, and once Meta Disk was live, and we implemented proper encryption would have been a working model.

Opalcoin fans know we stick to our commitments and rather than drawing things out in this thread we talked directly via Skype to Shawn from Storj.

In the end we didn’t see eye to eye with Storj and we know there are other solutions on the market that will work great with Opal Drive. This was a learning experience and we do respect Storj, but have decided to move to another solution for the final product.

As always, the end goal remains to use the Supernet/VRC storage solution, but until then Opal Drive will live on, and we apologize for any delays.

Until next time,
Bass

Post mirrored at whit.opal-coin.com
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: