Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:22:18 AM

Do you need to change the protocol ?
No, you must see colored opal technology as an implementation in the form of a floating set of specifications that can be implemented in third-party Qt clients, rather than in the protocol itself.

What I'd really like to see is a whitepaper that explains how a standard opal transaction can be colored/uncolored.

Where is the coloring information stored and how is it verified?

Does any of it go through a centralized "coloring transaction server" or are there special nodes that do the verification and storage?

How does this technically work?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AnkP_cVZTCMLIzw4DvsW6M8Q2JC0lIzrTLuoWu2z1BE/edit#

Completely decentralized

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperNET Radio

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:30:52 AM

For those who do not know.... opalcoinradio.com is live
Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:59:24 PM

Thanks a lot for your time. At the moment really busy, going to try soon.
No worries, you are welcome.

welcome Voidlord, glad to have you on board ! Smiley
gratz for lvl up  Cheesy

Welcome Voidlord, please pm me your email address if you'd like to join the SuperNET Slack!
Thank you mates ! (PM sent, noashh)

What I'd really like to see is a whitepaper that explains how a standard opal transaction can be colored/uncolored.

Where is the coloring information stored and how is it verified?

Does any of it go through a centralized "coloring transaction server" or are there special nodes that do the verification and storage?

How does this technically work?
Thanks for your questions Toldy, I added these into the Colored Opal FAQ

E=(ɔ)mc²
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:52:52 PM

Nice Voidlord!

Good job stepping up to monitor the thread and answer questions/create tutorials/faqs! The more helpers the merrier Smiley

I was actually thinking of also creating a text w/picture tutorial for how to re-sync the blockchain from scratch. (how to find app data folder (on windows for now), how to back up wallet.dat, delete everything else etc.) Because it seems to come up in the IRC sometimes, and it can be challenging to explain the steps through text many times to new users Tongue And of course, we should realize, the greater number of people OPAL/Crypto in general attracts, the more these questions will be asked!

Maybe one day the OP can be updated with "OPAL's helpful tips and faqs" (including links to all these tutorials/faqs and Truthers trading tips)!

Cheers

Edit: I think I stumbled across something  Cheesy
bassguitarman

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:21:54 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 11:34:14 PM by bassguitarman

Giveaway!

I am proud to be giving away a free 1oz Supernet silver coin (Retail Price $46)!

For a chance to win, all you have to do is make something (video, picture, paragraph, story, etc) on what opal means to you.

I will read through all responses and reward one person a coin.

If you would like to fund coins for the dev team please donate here: oPALAKHWJGkS1ta1X6cPGFzegNCxWd8XzN
If you would like to fund more coin giveaways donate here: oHNoMKknLgtsXtjH2pdQEW76pyfjNsYJzz
Voidlord

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:30:06 AM

Nice Voidlord!

Good job stepping up to monitor the thread and answer questions/create tutorials/faqs! The more helpers the merrier Smiley

I was actually thinking of also creating a text w/picture tutorial for how to re-sync the blockchain from scratch. (how to find app data folder (on windows for now), how to back up wallet.dat, delete everything else etc.) Because it seems to come up in the IRC sometimes, and it can be challenging to explain the steps through text many times to new users Tongue And of course, we should realize, the greater number of people OPAL/Crypto in general attracts, the more these questions will be asked!

Maybe one day the OP can be updated with "OPAL's helpful tips and faqs" (including links to all these tutorials/faqs and Truthers trading tips)!

Cheers

nice one RCan06 ! we really need such stuffs !

E=(ɔ)mc²
bassguitarman

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:40:43 AM

Nice Voidlord!

Cheers

nice one RCan06 ! we really need such stuffs !

killing it man Wink
RCan06

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:58:14 AM

How to Re-sync Blockchain from the Start

The first step before touching any file in your Opalcoin folder is to backup your wallet.dat file.
Under the file header, select backup wallet. It's smart to backup to another disk in case of hard drive failure.

After backing up your wallet, close it and go to your C:\ drive then navigate to the following:
C:/ > Users > Your Username > App Data > Roaming > Opalcoin

In the Opalcoin folder you will see the above files which are created after first starting your wallet. The most important file is your wallet.dat file, storing your balance information. The other files highlighted in red can be deleted and will be recreated fresh when your wallet is started. If you also delete your wallet.dat file replace it with your backup you will have created.

Note: If you can't see your App Data folder (If you can skip this) you will need to set your folder preferences in Windows to view normally hidden folders and files.
Open to 'my computer' and click Organize and Folder and Search Options

Then click Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Finally, once contents are deleted except your wallet.dat, restart your Opalcoin wallet and it will begin to re-sync from the start of the chain. Your balance will appear as zero and will rise as the blockchain downloads and confirms your transactions.

Hope this helps out!
Mineotaur

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:54:38 PM

Windows wallet in OP 404's.

BTC: 37r8wbYRMPav3AU8w1D3FQmwtYenVzcbdX
OpalTeam (OP)

Activity: 262

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:15:30 PM

Great job RCan.

Windows wallet in OP 404's.

Fixed. (For future reference, the wallets are always available from the download section on the opal website)

Regards,

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:23:27 PM

Giveaway!

I am proud to be giving away a free 1oz Supernet silver coin (Retail Price $46)!

For a chance to win, all you have to do is make something (video, picture, paragraph, story, etc) on what opal means to you.

Those look great man, will pre-order.
Voidlord

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:23:55 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 03:51:24 AM by Voidlord

Special Giveaway!

Giving away a free 1oz Supernet silver coin (Retail Price $46)!

Come on guys ! It is History in progress Wink

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:55:21 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 08:26:19 AM by Voidlord

By the way we speak about brick & mortar stuff,

I am proud to announce the first Opal Embassy: located in Marseille, France.

spring is comin' (at least in Marseille), be kind, the embassy is open, but still under construction/beta Wink

Here you will find all that you need to:

-Learn about cryptocurrencies, (and masterize Opal features: Opaque addresses, colored coins, Opal projects...)

-Buy & sell opal coin

-Mine Opal with O-pool

-Buy artwork with opal coin

-Buy opal t-shirts with opal coin

-Repair broken computers

-Have a coffee (5 opals)

-and more, as time goes by...

Opal Embassy - France
8, Rue Delille, Marseille
         - 13001 -

E=(ɔ)mc²
bassguitarman

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:00:06 AM

By the way we speak about brick & mortar stuff,

I am proud to announce the first Opal Embassy: located in Marseille, France.

Here you will find all that you need to:

-Learn about cryptocurrencies, (and masterize Opal features)

-Safely download and run an Opal wallet

-Mine Opal with O-pool

-buy artwork with opal coin

-buy opal t-shirts with opal coin

-repair broken computers

-buy opal coin

-have a coffee (5 opals)

-and more, as time goes by...

Opal Embassy - France
8, Rue Delille, Marseille
         - 13001 -

Wow!  Great stuff, will be sure to checkout if i'm ever around france Cheesy
Voidlord

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:43:58 AM

Anonymized Credit Card Data Really Isn't Very Anonymous

Credit card companies often strip your details from their records and then share it with third parties, claiming that it's anonymized. But a new study from MIT reveals that analysis of just four purchases made on your card can identify you with more than 90 percent accuracy, even when your details are removed.

The study used data from three months of credit card transaction made by 1.1 million people. The researchers analyzed the transactions by time and location to pin-point who might be making them, and found then used a small number of known purchase details to work out who, from the pool of over 1 million people, made them.

One result shows purchases being made in a bakery one day and a restaurant the other. The team found just one person that could have made the purchases, "and we now know all of his other transactions, such as the fact that he went shopping for shoes and groceries on 23 September, and how much he spent," they explain to Associated Press.

The team found that they only need four purchases to identify an individual on the anonymizied credit card records, or three purchases if the prices are known. The study also revealed that it's easier to identify women using the technique, though the researchers can't yet explain why.

The study goes to show that a sense of privacy though anonymized data is somewhat of an illusion. Even without any of our details to identify us, all it takes is careful use of metadata—in this case, our shop visits—to identify us completely. Gulp.

source: Jamie Condliffe
MIT study: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/347/6221/536.full

Any solution ?

Opal Opaque addresses:

Contrary to classical Bitcoin where each transaction is publicly visible,  Opaque addresses are special addresses that forbid third parties to see any payments sent to that addresses. Opaque addresse is created easily with 3 clicks inside your wallet: clicking on "Receive" and "New Address" then checking the "Opaque Address" box which pops. Any payment sent to this address create its own unique one-time code that is added to the record of the transaction in the blockchain. Creating then a unique relationship between the sender and the receiver. This allows the sender to see the transaction it had with the receiver (and check if that transaction was done) and NOBODY else can see payments sent to your stealth address.

E=(ɔ)mc²
RCan06

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:04:50 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 08:11:55 AM by RCan06

Alright, let me share my Opal piece, hopefully we can get some momentum, and that coin is looking pretty damn fine!

- Opal Coin -

Mid October 2014, during a time when uncertainty clouded the air, BTCitcoin was falling, and scam ICO's were the new alt-coin fad with seemingly multiple created daily.
Amidst all this I found a relatively new, non ICO, premine free, fairly distributed coin by the name of OPAL. OPAL was young, but as the name suggests, it was a shiny gem in a sea of despair.

I first noticed the time put into the nice graphical work, including the logo, headers, and those sweet video clips that were being released. (are we going to get a full video!?! Tongue)
The Road-map was looking great at the time, and despite its young age, the developers had been putting in work and creating a good track record. The future, if followed, looked pretty damn promising, and I had a strong vibe the developers took pride in their work.

So I decided to give alt-coins another shot, putting my trust in the Opalcoin team to follow through.
A few months later, I can now say that what is occurring has exceeded my expectations.

Opal keeps me excited about developments, I have been here long enough to realize that the road map is not followed step by step, and that is because Opal is FULL of surprises. Supernet, Opal drive, working w/ Altcoin.center, f-secure, coloured coins, these are developments the team surprises us with constantly, going beyond the road map which was available when I first invested.

After following the thread for a little while, I deiced to enter the IRC chat, not expecting too much, since I've entered IRC chats before and you can almost hear your text echo in the empty room. Opal's IRC was much different. I was accepted into discussion by those present at the time in the room full of people (Developers and community members) and ended up spending hours chatting with people that day.

Which leads me to the community here. Coins form communities, that's something else I find cool and unique about the alt-coin scene, but many communities can be full of hostile people, nonsensical fudders, and complainers. In my opinion the community can make or break a coin. Our community is great and building,  the IRC is top notch, and this thread is full of members taking the time to help new comers to OPAL, create cool opal pictures, write faqs, talk positively with each other, and encourage progress. EDIT: and create a damn OPAL EMBASSY at that ha!.

That's something pretty unique in alt coin scene, when you form a community which actually backs and supports the coin and developers.  I believe a lot of investors need to realize we should not all sit back and watch the developers work for free (no ico/premine), we ALL have to contribute. (I like to think of it as investing in my investment) OPAL has such a good community with members who step up, and that encourages me to step up and put my free time into helping out as well. Especially so, when I see such development taking place.

Without babbling too long, OPAL to me, was a refreshing change which kept me hooked during a time when I was doubting the alt-coin scene, during a time when I was tired of seeing scam after scam drain people of their wealth. From what I have seen in 3.5 months, Opal has gone above and beyond what was first planned, and I know to expect the unexpected. OPAL keeps me excited for the future of Crypto-currency, and what can actually be done with this new technology in the hands of the right people.

The future for us is bright my fellow OPALITES.

I hope to see a string of posts from other members here, I think this is a cool idea, and I know others here share the Opal love,
Cheers
Voidlord

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:05:49 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 04:02:42 AM by Voidlord

Gemlock-dns is the first part of our gemlock security suite, and is the result of an outstanding partnership with altcoin.center.

Gemlock is a decisive tools in our security roadmap, soon, Opal user will check, directly inside his wallet if this one is the good one (the last and certified one) and if it is not corrupted !

How it works ?
by comparing the SHA1 checksums of your Opal wallet and the official Opal wallet.

Does it work ?
yes, but it is not yet automated.

Let's get checking our last wallet, (here is the tuto):

For WINDOWS users:

1. Go to C: create a new folder and name it FCIV
2. Download the File Checksum Integrity verifier : http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/f/4/cf454ae0-a4bb-4123-8333-a1b6737712f7/Windows-KB841290-x86-ENU.exe
3. In the file download box, click Save and save the file in the FCIV folder
4. Go to your FCIV folder and double-click on Windows-KB841290-x86-ENU.exe  then click ok
5. Click ok to extract the file (if asked, extract the file in the FCIV folder)

6. Click start, on the search field type
Code:
cmd.exe
Press enter, then click cmd.exe
7. On this black command prompt, type
Code:
set path=%path%;c:\fciv
Press Enter

8. Download your favorite wallet on www.opal-coin.com at the Download Wallets  
9. Type (and replace the .zip file with the wallet you downloaded, as there are 3 different wallets).
Code:
fciv.exe -sha1 c:\the full path\where you downloaded\Opalcoin-Qt-exchange.zip
the SHA1 checksum is the 40 numbers and letters, after File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05,
example: 4c56186623bbaa7c2fea980b042270beafd3b53f c:\the full path\where you downloaded\Opalcoin-Qt-exchange.zip

10. Now, type:
Code:
nslookup
And press Enter
it will displays your DNS sometime we encounter surprise here so you can check if they are yours, or if you have a box: if they are those of your ISP, type "Your ISP name DNS" in google to know them, and... anyway we need to type it Wink

10. Type:
Code:
set querytype=TXT
Press Enter

11. Type:
Code:
checksums.opal-coin.com
Press Enter
This order displays the genuine Opalcoin SHA1 checksums (the 40 numbers and letters).

12. Compare this guenuine SHA1 with the checksum fciv.exe gave you: they MUST be the same.
(beware to check the SHA1 of the good wallet as there are three Opalcoin client, to check it, just look at the name of your Opalcoin-Qt-Folder. Now in the command prompt look at the one which match with your Opalcoin-Qt)

If the SHA1s are not the same: Close your wallet, save the wallet.dat in a easy retrievable folder (but not into your Opalcoin-Qt folder and not into C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin), go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\ and delete the folder Opalcoin, go to your Opalcoin-Qt folder you use to launch your wallet, delete the Opalcoin-Qt folder.

Type:
Code:
exit
Press Enter to quit the nslookup utility.

Go to www.opal-coin.com and click wallet download, choose the walllet you need.
Now it is simple and cool, if you want to test again your last download from this simili-trusted pseudo-true opal-coin.com  (maybe you were not on the right official website Smiley)

Type (and replace the .zip file with the wallet you downloaded, as there are 3 different wallets)
Code:
fciv.exe -sha1 c:\the full path\where you downloaded\Opalcoin-Qt-exchange.zip
Enter, check.

If the SHA1s are the same: Well done you have a certified official Opal wallet !

You can now run it, let it sync, (1 to several hours, depends on your bandwidth) and close it.
Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Opalcoin
and put your saved wallet.dat into the folder. now start again your wallet: and stake cool ! Wink

For LINUX users:

1. Start a shell / terminal, i.e. a text based command line utility

2. Go to the directory to which you downloaded the wallet software by typing the following command to the terminal, followed by enter, replacing “ /path/to/download folder ” by the actual location of the folder where you downloaded the wallet software. cd “ /path/to/download folder ”.

3. Type the following command to the terminal window, followed by enter, replacing “ Opal-Qt-opaque.zip ” with the name of the file you downloaded: sha1sum Opal-Qt-opaque.zip The sha1sum command outputs a line similar to this: 3a099ff6e8831885b00431bee693ea40b3ff9e39 Opal-Qt-opaque.zip Take note of the random-looking 40 character string. It is the SHA1 checksum of the file you have downloaded. Now compare it to the checksum provided by the DNS system at step 7.

4. Start the DNS lookup utility by typing the below command, followed by enter: nslookup

5. At the nslookup utility prompt (>), type the below command, followed by enter: set querytype=TXT

6. Make a DNS query by typing the address provided by the wallet developers to the nslookup utility prompt, followed by enter: checksums.opal-coin.com You can also use DNS checksum service provided by a trusted third party, such as Altcoin.Center: opal.signatures.altcoin.center Take note of the 40 character SHA1 checksums returned by the above command: checksums.opal-coin.com text = "Opal-Qt-opaque.zip 3a099ff6e8831885b00431bee693ea40b3ff9e39"

7. Compare the SHA1 checksum created at step 3 to the one provided for the same file by the DNS service at step 6. If the 40 characters checksums are identical, it means the wallet software file you downloaded is genuine. If the checksums are different, make sure the version of the wallet software you have downloaded is the latest one, and repeat all of the above steps. If the checksums provided by the DNS remain different after couple of hours have passed, please contact the Opal developers for advice

APPLE users, we cant forget you, i am just a little bit completly rusty with Apple file managment and prompts, so it takes me times... Camargh !

1. Open a Terminal (located in: /Applications/Utilities).
2. InsideTerminal prompt, type:
Code:
openssl sha1 /Your_full/path_to_file/Opaque-Final-Mac.zip
Press Enter

It dipslays the SHA1 checksum you will have to compare: 40 numbers and letters, here in red:
SHA1(/Your_full/path_to_file/Opaque-Final-Mac.zip) =3eb807b340d4e57aa79bb5422b94d556888bba60
with the SHA1 checksum of the official and certified opal wallets in the nslookup utility:

3.Type
Code:
nslookup
Press Enter

4. After (>) type  
Code:
set querytype=TXT
Press Enter

5. Type:
Code:
checksums.opal-coin.com
Press Enter

6. Compare the SHA1 checksum returned (still 40 numbers and letters), here in red with your wallet checksum, above:
something like: checksums.opal-coin.com text = "Opaque-Final-Mac.zip 3eb807b340d4e57aa79bb5422b94d556888bba60"

7.Type:
Code:
exit
Press Enter to quit the nslookup utility.

If SHA1 checksums are the same, it means the wallet software file you downloaded is genuine. If the checksums are different, close your wallet, save the wallet.dat in another well known folder. then uninstall your Opalcoin-QT and download the latest version at www.opal-coin.com

Obviously, you can now quickly check your brand new latest download:
in the terminal type:

Code:
openssl sha1 /Your_full/path_to_file/Opaque-Final-Mac.zip
Press Enter and compare with the Opaque-Final-Mac.zip checksum of your last nslookup. if it is still different, call a developper on IRC.

If the SHA1s are the same: Well done you have a certified official Opal wallet !

The next step into security is to automate these processes, stay tuned Wink...

(P.S: thanks to Jyri from altcoin.center for the linux tutorial)
(P.S #2: the checksums written here are not real, these are just example)

E=(ɔ)mc²
QFT

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:39:08 PM

I didnt even know gemlock was already in.
This all looks very cool, might put an extra order if i can.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:03:53 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 06:45:56 AM by etoque

With all tutorial done its time to push PR  Cheesy You give a nice infrastructure, its more user friendly now  !

This is going big  Smiley

Great work guys
Mineotaur

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:11:36 AM

When I unlock the wallet for staking, within a few seconds maybe a minute, this happens every time. Windows 7.

Edit: Well it used to be that it'd only crash when unlocked for staking, but moments ago the same has happened, this time the wallet was still locked.

BTC: 37r8wbYRMPav3AU8w1D3FQmwtYenVzcbdX
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: