Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:14:52 PM

Yeah OBAY is just what we call it not advertise with it. Since we don't want to Obey ebay. I didn't think of ebay as a dinosaur just overpriced. Craigslist doesn't have any protections and most meet to trade, not sure if that really works since people could barter on their own.

The main thing is that the concept could work since ebay allows bidders to MAKE AN OFFER that has a place to put stipulations to the OFFER in a secondary window. As soon as someone writes any stipulation it is a legally binding contract allowed by ebay. There is no way to come after anyone for making a payment happen. ebay would have to disallow it and get rid of making offers. If the same auction accepts USD or OPAL then there is no breach of ebay policy. The binding portion is the consideration of 1 dollar. This was entered into as the value of the transaction. It is like saying I will accept $1 for your goods and throw in this many OPAL. This is binding, it would work and Shipping is paid in USD to complete the contractual obligation of the seller to make the product send. The payment of $1 could come from a Verified PayPal address and complete the fully backed ebay transaction.

Their lawyers would not be able to get around the $1 transaction. It is binding and if an OPAL offer was made prior to the exact $1 Transaction to verify without any knowledge of ebay then ebay would actually not know any different. If there were a way that the bidders could just send the OFFER through OPAL's wallet as a private message to the seller then the OPAL would already be there if the OFFER was accepted, and as soon as the offer is accepted the $1 fee accepted simultaneously live inside ebay through their API.

This is how we get things done by working out the scenarios and finding the path of least resistance or legal ramifications. The only thing ebay could say is that users are trying to not pay fees and using a system to subvert ebay. But they would have to know about it and there is no proof since the sending will be done from the wallet or use Opacity. They could not prove anything other than someone paid $1 for this item and shipped it to a verified PayPal address. Where ebay could show how it could be done does not prove that it was done, and their lawyers would be left scratching their heads.

Maybe a combination of certain aspects could make it more viable. Keep throwing scenarios out there...
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:58:28 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2015, 06:14:09 PM by toldy

This is how we get things done by working out the scenarios and finding the path of least resistance or legal ramifications. The only thing ebay could say is that users are trying to not pay fees and using a system to subvert ebay. But they would have to know about it

Smiley

Building a system that "depends" on eBay, and its allowing of the system without making prohibitions is very tricky and short-term possible, but long-term doomed to fail.

Anyone can build a marketplace community, and if using crypto is at the source of it, then it will slowly but steadily become more and more populated.

What we need is a new marketplace (which opal has already started), with a community adoption.  Silkroad did that successfully for the longest time.  I don't want to participate in a illegal marketplace myself.  But if Silkroad could do it, anyone could do it if it worked well enough, and had things available for cheaper than eBay.

Word of mouth and viral adoption can happen pretty fast.  But it has to have the user value already in place.

eBay has hundreds of thousands of products for sale, that's the attraction they feed off of..

Your new Opal marketplace would have to have unique products not found on eBay  (or if they are, they are more expensive to buy there)

The biggest thing plaguing eBay now, is chargebacks and reversals from scammers with stolen credit cards, etc.  eBay usually makes the seller lose the case, so they are out the product and the money.

Crypto is perfect for this scenario.  If you come up with a workable model, a lot of disgruntled eBay sellers who have thrown in the towel with eBay will surely be interested in your system.

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

Wait, that sounds like Bitcoin too doesn't it?

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:20:44 PM

I'd appreciate a pm if anyone wants to unload a bunch of opal at current price (min. 100k). thanks.
Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:03:32 PM

Crypto is perfect for this scenario.  If you come up with a workable model, a lot of disgruntled eBay sellers who have thrown in the towel with eBay will surely be interested in your system.

Yes, it sounds good.

Last week I was cleaning my workshop in order to fully open the Opal Embassy in April, i will put a lot of my artworks on the opal marketplace, such as postcards, posters, poker cards, drawings and oils,

Gliese Empire Flags, Peace, Regular, War 55"x17"

(you can also expect Opal Posters, Flags & Colors)

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:54:54 PM

Thanks etoque, anyway i cant stop that !

E=(ɔ)mc²
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:22:54 AM

This is how we get things done by working out the scenarios and finding the path of least resistance or legal ramifications. The only thing ebay could say is that users are trying to not pay fees and using a system to subvert ebay. But they would have to know about it

Smiley

Building a system that "depends" on eBay, and its allowing of the system without making prohibitions is very tricky and short-term possible, but long-term doomed to fail.

Anyone can build a marketplace community, and if using crypto is at the source of it, then it will slowly but steadily become more and more populated.

What we need is a new marketplace (which opal has already started), with a community adoption.  Silkroad did that successfully for the longest time.  I don't want to participate in a illegal marketplace myself.  But if Silkroad could do it, anyone could do it if it worked well enough, and had things available for cheaper than eBay.

Word of mouth and viral adoption can happen pretty fast.  But it has to have the user value already in place.

eBay has hundreds of thousands of products for sale, that's the attraction they feed off of..

Your new Opal marketplace would have to have unique products not found on eBay  (or if they are, they are more expensive to buy there)

The biggest thing plaguing eBay now, is chargebacks and reversals from scammers with stolen credit cards, etc.  eBay usually makes the seller lose the case, so they are out the product and the money.

Crypto is perfect for this scenario.  If you come up with a workable model, a lot of disgruntled eBay sellers who have thrown in the towel with eBay will surely be interested in your system.

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

Thanks for the feedback. Those marketplaces never go anywhere, yeah SilkRoad had the lure of black market products and that was the main reason I never got involved, and may be partly why people would snub an Alt Coin just because of the perception of value. ebay doesn't allow illegal things so it is mainstream. Getting people to use Opal would be the challenge. What could happen though is people see it as BitCoin since it can be traded for BitCoin since it will always PEG to that value anyways, and Opal's new service is to Make an Offer on ebay.

The thing is, if you can't make value from the transaction it is not worth doing it in the first place. The value in OBAY or GoPal is to subvert the exorbitant fees ebay charges, and allow people to hold something that may go up in price with millions of people getting involved and creating worth. Just putting marketplaces up to trade with a coin doesn't make any value to anything. It just allows people who mined the coin to get something for real cheap. The coin price doesn't go up because of this. What happens is the people who sold the goods must now go to an exchange and sell their Opal right away before the price drops. Then it becomes a buyers market. So the price will keep rolling down. The only places making money would be the exchanges or people manipulating the buying and selling. See how you need to make some kind of viral value? Holding the coin is the only thing that makes it worth something. Selling it for BitCoin won't get the coin anywhere long term. If people knew they could go get something at anytime with it they may just hold it. Then it becomes viral and could not be stopped by ebay since they could not prove it ever happened.

People on ebay love this kind of stuff too! Think about the guy who traded 1 Red Paper Clip and 14 trades later ended up with a House. Once people accept the value in exchange for the possibility of it going up they get excited. It is like buying a stock with stuff they don't need anymore. People would be forced to Buy Opal to participate, creating a Sellers Market, these same people would also be able to trade Opal for something they now need. It would have to be widely accepted at that point and every seller would need to be able to Make An Offer.

Me personally, I wouldn't do this kind of transaction on some strange site telling me to buy their coin. It just wouldn't happen. The only people who want it to happen this way are those that hold the coin. But the value always drops. If there were a way to make it so that the coin price always goes up then people would go bonkers! So why not make it a necessity that when Opal is sold for BitCoin a portion of that amount must be burned. The sellers will burn a percentage selling it, Devs can force exchange addresses to burn as the coin comes in. Then that coin is rolled back in to PoS but there is less coin to create the PoS so it extrapolates exponentially.

Now Opal Drive will create a value since it gives something as a service. Opal Drive will have the same mining capability as STORJ right? Or will it just be piggybacked on top of the STORJ network?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:58:52 AM

PM me if interested in selling OPALs (I will be the buyer)

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Cryptotshirts

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:53:35 AM

Anyone a graphic designer here in the Opal Community ?  Cheesy

Opening up a CryptoTshirt store and want to include some Opal Shirts!  If you want take a stab at creating a design shoot me the image to my inbox here.

The goal of the store is not only t-shirts BUT to give back to the "devs"  so $1 per purchase is going right into the dev's coffers if they so choose. If not, right back into  the community here.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:55:26 AM

Opening up a CryptoTshirt store and want to include some Opal Shirts!  If you want take a stab at creating a design shoot me the image to my inbox here.

The goal of the store is not only t-shirts BUT to give back to the "devs"  so $1 per purchase is going right into the dev's coffers if they so choose. If not, right back into  the community here.

There's already some designs going around.  If those aren't to your use, you'll probably have to design your own or pay a designer.  If needed, I can share opals graphic assets
Cryptotshirts

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:09:35 AM

There's already some designs going around.  If those aren't to your use, you'll probably have to design your own or pay a designer.  If needed, I can share opals graphic assets

Yes, figured there must be some graphics around here. Can you point me to them that would be great! if not, I'll just commission someone to come up with some true.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:39:24 AM

PM me if interested in selling OPALs (I will be the buyer)

Buy them from the exchanges and make the price go up. Smiley I raised the price to 6000 sat with my buys!
fontline

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:47:50 PM

Yes, figured there must be some graphics around here. Can you point me to them that would be great! if not, I'll just commission someone to come up with some true.

i'd like to give you a shirt design. which format do you need? if no vector, which size? colors allowed? cmyk neccessary?

could u also tell more about your project? why is it better for opal to go with your project, than put up shirt designs on eg. spreadshirt?

i think KainLTD already created a opal shirt but don't know if its for sell

OPAL: oaRVkQHKTK6B6o3kriBJnYXz2EMrkPKDUq
Cryptotshirts

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:40:26 PM

i'd like to give you a shirt design. which format do you need? if no vector, which size? colors allowed? cmyk neccessary?

could u also tell more about your project? why is it better for opal to go with your project, than put up shirt designs on eg. spreadshirt?

i think KainLTD already created a opal shirt but don't know if its for sell

Hi!  Vector would be great.  CMYK would be great also if possible  . As for the project this will be a crypto t-shirt store for a few alt-coins. You can pay in the crypto of your choice. Yes, do a spreadshirt for the initial mock up that is fine.  It would be great to see KainLTD's stuff for sure. Thanks for the reply.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 02:56:11 AM

Great news!

As of today, we have officially retained Vanbex, a marketing and consulting company for opal.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:25:40 AM

Great news!

As of today, we have officially retained Vanbex, a marketing and consulting company for opal.

Oh yeah good stuff coming Wink Glad to see some action on opal again Smiley
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:57:37 AM

Awesome stuff, expanding in all directions!

I also came across an Opal faq an help guide in pdf, made by Voidlord I believe. Had trouble finding it again, but it was well done and will be beneficial! Should be in the OP perhaps, easier to find for newcomers with questions/problems Smiley
Voidlord

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:42:49 AM

Awesome stuff, expanding in all directions!

I also came across an Opal faq an help guide in pdf, made by Voidlord I believe. Had trouble finding it again, but it was well done and will be beneficial! Should be in the OP perhaps, easier to find for newcomers with questions/problems Smiley

For the moment, the PDF is on Slack, it will be added to the OP soon ^^

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:20:29 PM

Great news!

Great ! another help Smiley

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:21:55 PM

Opal Heraldry in progress:

Coloring the Blockchain !

E=(ɔ)mc²
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:00:08 PM

Smiley

Are you guys familiar with nxt's freemarket?
I know this is not opal's own market,  but integrating freemarket to supernet coins btcd/opal would/will be a very exciting thing.

With something like this available + colored coins, there could be lots of opportunities to do "business"  on the blockchain.

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: