Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:25:17 PM

Having been following and investing in OPAL for over a month now, I can echo those who say it is rising because of all the hard work and progress that has been made.

Devs have followed though with the first road maps, and even gave us plenty of extra unannounced goodies and features along the way. They are excellent communicators, and there is almost always a Dev to talk to directly in the IRC chat (which I have found rare for a lot of coins).
It's clear they put a lot of effort into their work and take pride in it, and they stand by what they release. There is a reason OPAL has been accepted into SuperNet, and it isn't because JL777 saw OPAL as a p&d coin...

When I first head about OPAL: I check out the website pretty thoroughly, read the road maps, read the white papers that had been released back then, read the forum (was only ~15-20 pages back then), and saw more then one active dev posting, generally chatting with, and also accepting feedback from the community.  It's hard to find coins that are this genuine, but it takes a bit of time to study enough to feel very confident in your investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:28:35 PM

Can someone tell me what to expect when mining x11 @o-pool @2.5mh?

When can I expect a transaction?

Thanks

anyone?

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:33:57 PM

Thanks

anyone?

It varies, depending on the coin currently being mined - some blocks take longer to be found etc - plus a few other factors such as transfer confirmation times.

How long have you been mining for? With 2.5 MH/s I'd expect it to be at least a few hours before the first payout.
yourstruly

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:39:12 PM

So beyond wallet modifications, what is the development team doing? A lot of the changes (messaging, IP anonymity, bittrex desktop client, etc) all could have been applied to a wallet that would work for any crytpocurrency since they don't require changes to the underlying protocol. If the primary development is just improving the existing sStoshi wallet then why create a redundant blockchain and not create a better wallet for all cryptocurrencies? Am I missing something?

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Truther

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:48:42 PM

So beyond wallet modifications, what is the development team doing? A lot of the changes (messaging, IP anonymity, bittrex desktop client, etc) all could have been applied to a wallet that would work for any crytpocurrency since they don't require changes to the underlying protocol. If the primary development is just improving the existing sStoshi wallet then why create a redundant blockchain and not create a better wallet for all cryptocurrencies? Am I missing something?
There is a development regarding a new generation of wallet tech in the upcoming "full 6 month road map", which will be posted sometime tomorrow morning or sooner.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:50:17 PM

I'm gonna stick my nose in here and make a little point about forum community relations and FUD:

If someone asks a question (or 10 questions) , then the best thing to do is just to give a straightforward answer BEFORE you start hassling the questioner and shouting FUD.
With L&F, for example, he might be too lazy to read the whole thread but providing him a good answer won't cost anything but time.
Never forget, by the way,  that a lot of people just lurk and read rather than posting on the forum, so a good answer to one guy may be read by many others........

Don't start screaming FUD until it really is FUD, nasty questions don't count. If you can't answer the nasty questions.......u have a problem.

(and this, btw, is one of the reasons BlockNet annoys the f*** out of me)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:51:54 PM

Thanks

anyone?

It varies, depending on the coin currently being mined - some blocks take longer to be found etc - plus a few other factors such as transfer confirmation times.

How long have you been mining for? With 2.5 MH/s I'd expect it to be at least a few hours before the first payout.

Hey thanks, now I get it. Been mining since noonish I guess, maybe 5-6 hours in total.

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Good questions, and the answer has multiple parts:

1. improvement is from multiple angles, Opal market is Opal exclusive and 10000 lines of make from scratch code.

2. Politics: Bitcoin takes much too long to develop for a multitude of reasons (including the fact that the user base is giant).  Using a smaller coin is better for innovation, as there aren't weights holding us down. Maybe one day opacity will become a part of bitcoin.

3. There is no coin agnostic Satoshi client, so we must develop on one coin.  We believe Opal is a great candidate because of it's users.  We're open to collaboration, and supernet helps us help crypto as a whole.

Good question, but all development must start somewhere,'so we made opal

~Whit
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:54:44 PM

There is a development regarding a new generation of wallet tech in the upcoming "full 6 month road map", which will be posted sometime tomorrow morning or sooner.

What do you mean by new generation of wallet tech? Would these changes have affects on the underlying cryptocurrency protocol? None of the changes made so far have been changes to the protocol, they have been changes to the wallet which means they could be applied to any cryptocoin. If the development is focused around wallet development then why create a new blockchain? Why not just design wallets for existing cryptocurrency and benefit the entire cryptocurrency community?

Edit: Sorry made my reply before the other response, reviewing that now.

Good questions, and the answer has multiple parts:

1. improvement is from multiple angles, Opal market is Opal exclusive and 10000 lines of make from scratch code.

2. Politics: Bitcoin takes much too long to develop for a multitude of reasons (including the fact that the user base is giant).  Using a smaller coin is better for innovation, as there aren't weights holding us down. Maybe one day opacity will become a part of bitcoin.

3. There is no coin agnostic Satoshi client, so we must develop on one coin.  We believe Opal is a great candidate because of it's users.  We're open to collaboration, and supernet helps us help crypto as a whole.

Good question, but all development must start somewhere,'so we made opal

~Whit

1. Okay again, you don't need to have your own blockchain to create a market. These could be abstracted on top of any existing protocol, if you are requiring protocol changes to make a decentralized market they are unnecessary. In essence it would just be another wallet feature that could be applied to any cryptocurrency.

2. What politics? Bitcoin Core is an example for the protocol, you can make a wallet over this protocol that can do everything described independently of the core development team. This wallet would likely work for any cryptocurrency, which would empower the entire community.

3. You are incorrect, you do not need to develop a new coin for these features to be built into a cryptocurrency client (wallet). What this team is doing is essentially the same as forking Bittorrent protocol to build a new bittorrent client, its unnecessary and counterproductive. You are confusing the wallet for the protocol, a cryptocurrency is not defined by a wallet (the client), it is defined by the underlying protocol. All these features could be built into a client that would work on any existing coin, they are not unique to opal.

bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:56:24 PM

I'm gonna stick my nose in here and make a little point about forum community relations and FUD:

If someone asks a question (or 10 questions) , then the best thing to do is just to give a straightforward answer BEFORE you start hassling the questioner and shouting FUD.
With L&F, for example, he might be too lazy to read the whole thread but providing him a good answer won't cost anything but time.
Never forget, by the way,  that a lot of people just lurk and read rather than posting on the forum, so a good answer to one guy may be read by many others........

Don't start screaming FUD until it really is FUD, nasty questions don't count. If you can't answer the nasty questions.......u have a problem.

Good point, thanks for the input
Truther

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:59:50 PM

Thanks for dropping by EvilDave,

Your advice is greatly appreciated, we do our best to answer questions when they come up.

Although personally, I do prefer legitimate questions about Opal
over the generic "Why should I buy" or " Isn't this the same as "insert coin here"?".

I know its a good problem to have, just frustrating at times.

Thanks again EvilDave
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:01:49 PM

holding well and on Sunday as someone said, should be powerful going forward, developers are Unix and C++ skilled in cryptography and distributed networking attacking correct problem which is commercialization of storage and content
Danz0r77

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:03:38 PM

What do you mean by new generation of wallet tech? Would these changes have affects on the underlying cryptocurrency protocol? None of the changes made so far have been changes to the protocol, they have been changes to the wallet which means they could be applied to any cryptocoin. If the development is focused around wallet development then why create a new blockchain? Why not just design wallets for existing cryptocurrency and benefit the entire cryptocurrency community?

Edit: Sorry made my reply before the other response, reviewing that now.

You say the changes could be applied to any cryptocoin, however, these changes have already been applied to Opal. It's easy to say this feature and that feature could be added to any coin but the work has to actually be done! IMO that's where 95% of altcoins fail  Cheesy
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 07:04:28 PM

holding well and on Sunday as someone said, should be powerful going forward, developers are Unix and C++ skilled in cryptography and distributed networking attacking correct problem which is commercialization of storage and content

If this is the case then why did they waste time building a desktop client for a centralized exchange into their wallet and not build a distributed exchange? (My guess I will be accused of spreading FUD, by asking legitimate questions.)

Kuriso

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:05:29 PM

I agree, honest questions should be answered but people need to do their own research.  Most of the information he would need to know is on the OP/ANN. 

You should do your own research, not just for opal but any coin you look at.  Someone could accidentally or purposefully post something incorrect.  Lazy community members could buy or sell based on this false information.  It happens all the time when fuddsters take over a thread.  If someone is too lazy to checkout the facts for themselves, they could end up screwing themselves or the community over.  Telling someone to do their own research may sound like hassling but really its the most beneficial thing to do.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:06:52 PM

If this is the case then why did they waste time building a desktop client for a centralized exchange into their wallet and not build a distributed exchange? (My guess I will be accused of spreading FUD, by asking legitimate questions.)

talking with NXT as they did with storj ?  Smiley
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 07:09:08 PM

You say the changes could be applied to any cryptocoin, however, these changes have already been applied to Opal. It's easy to say this feature and that feature could be added to any coin but the work has to actually be done! IMO that's where 95% of altcoins fail  Cheesy

Yes, because no substantial changes have been made to the protocol (what a cryptocurrency is), they have just been made to the client. So I see no reason to create a second blockchain for client updates.

I think your main misunderstanding is you are confusing the wallet (the client) with the protocol (what actually defines a cryptocurrency). These aren't features being added to the protocol, they are being added to the client. These features are not unique to opal, there is nothing actually new its just modifying a client and pretending something major has been done. This type of development stagnants progress of all cryptocurrency in favor of short term profit.

q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:13:05 PM

gains slid from over 112% to 50% intraday but still very good and holding

sell off has started.. but due to supernet and possibility of DRM I am holding steady

also there is nothing more important than content.. hold that in mind
Danz0r77

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:13:14 PM

There are several answers to this question too.

a) Development takes time as you're probably aware. Developing a decentralized exchange takes a lot of time. If we can offer a feature that is of use to Opal wallet users in a shorter time frame then why wouldn't we?
b) There are other decentralized exchanges in development already. And, as Opal is now a part of SuperNET we will be able to make use of them.
c) We have a roadmap with set targets and goals - current a decentralized exchange is not part of that. We are focusing mainly on improving the Marketplace and File Sharing.
Danz0r77

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

Yes, because no substantial changes have been made to the protocol (what a cryptocurrency is), they have just been made to the client. So I see no reason to create a second blockchain for client updates.

I think your main misunderstanding is you are confusing the wallet (the client) with the protocol (what actually defines a cryptocurrency). These aren't features being added to the protocol, they are being added to the client. These features are not unique to opal, there is nothing actually new its just modifying a client and pretending something major has been done. This type of development stagnants progress of all cryptocurrency in favor of short term profit.

I think now you are FUDing a little. You didn't read my post. I made no mention of protocols or blockchains.

I don't understand your problem with creating a new blockchain. Why is this an issue for you?
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: