Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Truther

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 02:43:01 PM

I understand that people can feel disheartened by the "price" of Opal. If I had 100tbc I would try to buy them all, but I don't, I buy what I can when I can afford it. I know watching the price can be dramatic and entertaining, but that's not really what Opal is all about. The exchange is just a place we individuals decide what price they want to buy and sell at, some buy because they see a promising future, others sell because they are recovering an investment or need funds for something else, and there are those who just want to suck the money out of any day trader they can find. Opal has no control over what happens on the market, we can try the be an influence, but our real aim is establishing a use for opal that has far more value then any exchange can offer. Usability is where the value of Opal lives. So, if you feel yourself stressing about the exchange price, the solution is simple... Withdraw your Opal of the exchange and into your wallet to get your 5% APR and stop looking at the exchange. Add what you can to the community, create something, talk to someone, or even just smile and say "This is gonna be big" and go about your daily life.

Sorry for the little rant, but it pains me to see all the talk about price. Let get back to work building the community.

Thanks for Listening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

you always have a lot to say, would have expected someone like you to be able to find out how things work by yourself Wink
Most people know what supernet and its advantages are, nobody besides a select few bought in hearing supernet, and not understanding what it is.

And yes the 25k guy he is stagnating the whole market. such a clown scaring everybody off.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 02:58:31 PM

Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:12:02 PM

you always have a lot to say, would have expected someone like you to be able to find out how things work by yourself Wink
Most people know what supernet and its advantages are, nobody besides a select few bought in hearing supernet, and not understanding what it is.

And yes the 25k guy he is stagnating the whole market. such a clown scaring everybody off.

i dont know if he thinks he's clever. but he isnt. we need to get rid of him. if it's a bot we can trick it into a loss cycle. that'll teach him. im good for another 20k opal but not with that dude hovering the buy and sell side playing little miss mary. push up, buy his coin which should be selling at a loss now. let him buy in higher then push down and take it back from him at a loss. every time you place a bid it jumps in front of you while chasing down sell side. he's trying to control the margins. wish bittrex could just ban him we'd be back on track. i dont know but i dont think we have a choice but to let the market go down for a bit if only just to shake this guy.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:16:30 PM

Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!

You are really on the ball hehe, since OPAL im almost exclusively reading articles on cryptoarticles and coindesk now.

And im with CECVW's comment, add OPAL to the diagram or give one of us the psd  Cheesy
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

i dont know if he thinks he's clever. but he isnt. we need to get rid of him. if it's a bot we can trick it into a loss cycle. that'll teach him. im good for another 20k opal but not with that dude hovering the buy and sell side playing little miss mary. push up, buy his coin which should be selling at a loss now. let him buy in higher then push down and take it back from him at a loss. every time you place a bid it jumps in front of you while chasing down sell side. he's trying to control the margins. wish bittrex could just ban him we'd be back on track. i dont know but i dont think we have a choice but to let the market go down for a bit if only just to shake this guy.

Yeah its a bot calculating the margins and calculating his buys and sells. He pushed down so aggressively i dont know what his deal is. I can only imagine he sold a bunch and pushed hard to be able to buy enough back.
Bittrex doesnt ban guys like this unfortunately hehe, bittrex is infested with bots and get most of their vol from them. They love them..just like they love scam ico's Wink

I still am not that worried since there is so much technology backing opal, the same guy(s) will take opportunities like opal drive etc and pump it even higher on occasions, this will probably keep happening.
Let this guy ruin it for a bit at the moment. We are all watching.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:25:18 PM

Damn,good job,we are now #93 on CMC

Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:31:54 PM

Yeah its a bot calculating the margins and calculating his buys and sells. He pushed down so aggressively i dont know what his deal is. I can only imagine he sold a bunch and pushed hard to be able to buy enough back.
Bittrex doesnt ban guys like this unfortunately hehe, bittrex is infested with bots and get most of their vol from them. They love them..just like they love scam ico's Wink

I still am not that worried since there is so much technology backing opal, the same guy(s) will take opportunities like opal drive etc and pump it even higher on occasions, this will probably keep happening.
Let this guy ruin it for a bit at the moment. We are all watching.

what im picking up, he thought he could control the manipulation and push up and push down at whim. but now he's lower than buy in and panicking. i suspect all those sells are his. if we could drag him down a bit lower and then do a nice pump taking everything in one shot we might be able to shake him, then bail again when he places buy control over our heads again. wash rinse repeat till he has 0 btc lol
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:44:23 PM

I was definitely dealing with bots trying to lower the price yesterday. I'd buy a sell order, and then within 1 second after being bought, that order would come back but 1 or 2 satoshi lower.

But like Truther said guys, can't get to discouraged. I know everyone wants to see OPAL rise, as do I, but I remember trading at 500sat only a couple weeks ago (if that). So a >6x increase in almost 2 weeks is pretty good. Obviously it should be higher, but it will get there in due time Smiley

Until then, I think the best to do is not fixate on price, and act like the market isn't everything. People weren't worried about price when it was 500 sat a few weeks ago, we shouldn't be to worried about >3000sat today. We know it's being manipulated down, and it's for future gain.

All of us who are here know where this coin is headed, so buy your stash and hang on for the long run Wink

Let us also discuss all of OPAL's great features!

Cheers
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:46:51 PM

Price will continue in downtrend without 'direction' I think.Because like someone said,people are confuse.

Devs have give roadmap,this is a great thing,but you didn't give any direction on what you do first and time require approx. I think this will be really appreciate and help the people on their decision.

BTW this is gonna be HUGE whn you know we are #93 on CMC. Who call alot of room to growth for a 15m coin ? we have MORE feature than any other coin close to opal on CMC,I bet we won't stay a this price. This is the best moment for accumulating  Wink
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 03:50:06 PM

Sorry for the little rant, but it pains me to see all the talk about price. Let get back to work building the community.

I agree. Expecting the price to remain high (or getting ever higher) is understandable but not a very well grounded aspect. The whole crypto scene is suffering from way too much energy going to just the short term price game. To build something sustainable, a much wider and more persistent perspective is needed.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:52:35 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 04:15:07 PM by etoque

@RCan06 Yep but for 2 month(sept-october) dev have done 2 roadmap in time without jump in price.We really deserve something better than 3k sat,this is still ridiculous !

This jump in price is just what they deserve for what they done.This is not so fabulous,I have seens this jump 2 month ago... They have announce superNET integration and opal drive and people look confuse now

My best advice is... BUY !  Smiley Because we won't stay at the same level of world trade found  Wink

Edit: I look the thread of World trade found and there's absolutly no feature,a 5 star pod for a 10mcoin give it a 5k price without feature,this is unbelievable how the market work loll !!!!! This made me crack up sometime ,  we deserve minimum 100k with all feature we have,all integration coming,big dev team working behind this coin !

sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:59:18 PM

Like someone said earlier he bought drk at 85000, went back to 35000 or something like that within a day.
Look at where its at now  Wink Straight lines dont exist in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:15:16 PM

I agree. Expecting the price to remain high (or getting ever higher) is understandable but not a very well grounded aspect. The whole crypto scene is suffering from way too much energy going to just the short term price game. To build something sustainable, a much wider and more persistent perspective is needed.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

sorry but i beg to differ. if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k. that's where he started his driving game. now the lower we go the more risk of margins slowing down growth for the future, unless someone has like $1million dollars ready to invest in opal at opportune time. you guys not worried about price. ok. ive heard that before. but logically, the price rise we saw was enough for everyone to gain their roi and still keep alot of free coins. so thered be no reason imo for opal to go down to half it's peak. 5k couldve been the low.

but hey im not complaining. go as low as you want. let's go back to 1k since noone cares about price. looking forward to a buy in.
BLACKCOIN883

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:42:22 PM

sorry but i beg to differ. if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k.

yep peak could have been 7,5 low 5k. good for distribution this though, but i would also rather see smart traders going at it.
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:48:06 PM

Like someone said earlier he bought drk at 85000, went back to 35000 or something like that within a day.
Look at where its at now  Wink Straight lines dont exist in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter.

Yeah but Drk was something,with all the cult over duffield... Sure we can do a cult over Bassguitar  Cheesy

But DRk come in a perfect momentum. Don't forget they don't get passed much time under 100k sat. A week or two on the early beggining of DRK. after they passed long moment between 150-250k....

I don't think its good going too low,like coinler say. its limited the future growth. And the jump in price now was totally justified,we have pass between 2 month of lethargic market without jump when dev working ass and finish 2 roadmap. So this dump doesn't need to go soo low,its was not overprice at all,we are severely undervalue again. We playing on the same ground of a shitty coin with this low Capitalisation and it limited the visibility .. !
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 05:09:17 PM

sorry but i beg to differ.

No need for aplologies. Wink

if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k. that's where he started his driving game. now the lower we go the more risk of margins slowing down growth for the future, unless someone has like $1million dollars ready to invest in opal at opportune time. you guys not worried about price. ok. ive heard that before. but logically, the price rise we saw was enough for everyone to gain their roi and still keep alot of free coins. so thered be no reason imo for opal to go down to half it's peak. 5k couldve been the low.

I do understand your point. However, I also consider it problematic that the focus is so tightly in the price to begin with - especially since there's nothing concrete to which the price would be bound to, meaning it's all tactics, assumptions and speculation.

The way I see it, the value of a currency (any currency) has to actually be bound to something real. Things went wrong with dollar as well soon after it was disconnected from the gold backing.

but hey im not complaining. go as low as you want. let's go back to 1k since noone cares about price. looking forward to a buy in.

Should I be publishing a coin of my own, I would start by the assumption and even the specific wish that it would not be listed on any exchange for at least six-twelve months. The way I see it, the time for the buying and selling would be only after the tech part, the partnerships, the community and everything else has already been formed.

It is in fact quite possible that A.C will be publishing a currency of our own sometime in the near future. Should that happen, the whole point of the coin in question will be to provide a currency with concrete and stable value that can be used as a pillar-stone that other cryptos can use to achieve additional stability.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:10:32 PM

Look at where its at now  Wink Straight lines dont exist in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter.

Yeah but Drk was something,with all the cult over duffield... Sure we can do a cult over Bassguitar  Cheesy

But DRk come in a perfect momentum. Don't forget they don't get passed much time under 100k sat. A week or two on the early beggining of DRK. after they passed long moment between 150-250k....

I don't think its good going too low,like coinler say. its limited the future growth. And the jump in price now was totally justified,we have pass between 2 month of lethargic market without jump when dev working ass and finish 2 roadmap. So this dump doesn't need to go soo low,its was not overprice at all,we are severely undervalue again. We playing on the same ground of a shitty coin with this low Capitalisation and it limited the visibility .. !

i know the price is ridiculous atm lol , we should be floating steady around 8-10k sat to start of with and slow and gradual growth from there, time will tell.

stay patient as you will feed the whales that are reloading this moment, ive seen this before ie. a shakeout before the market really rallies upwards  Smiley
Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:24:44 PM

sorry but i beg to differ.

No need for aplologies. Wink

if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k. that's where he started his driving game. now the lower we go the more risk of margins slowing down growth for the future, unless someone has like $1million dollars ready to invest in opal at opportune time. you guys not worried about price. ok. ive heard that before. but logically, the price rise we saw was enough for everyone to gain their roi and still keep alot of free coins. so thered be no reason imo for opal to go down to half it's peak. 5k couldve been the low.

I do understand your point. However, I also consider it problematic that the focus is so tightly in the price to begin with - especially since there's nothing concrete to which the price would be bound to, meaning it's all tactics, assumptions and speculation.

The way I see it, the value of a currency (any currency) has to actually be bound to something real. Things went wrong with dollar as well soon after it was disconnected from the gold backing.

Should I be publishing a coin of my own, I would start by the assumption and even the specific wish that it would not be listed on any exchange for at least six-twelve months. The way I see it, the time for the buying and selling would be only after the tech part, the partnerships, the community and everything else has already been formed.

It is in fact quite possible that A.C will be publishing a currency of our own sometime in the near future. Should that happen, the whole point of the coin in question will be to provide a currency with concrete and stable value that can be used as a pillar-stone that other cryptos can use to achieve additional stability.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

why because ive been marketing opal from it's 3rd 700satoshi rise and bringing loads of new investors to the market. hopefully they all pulled out some decent profit i mean none of them were complaining and seemed happy. but may not be the best daytraders. why because nothing, and i mean nothing is a better marketing tool than a price rise and stability at that price rise. you could release 1000 new articles reaching new investors but confidence and value is what most people will be looking for. in short, there is no way for a guy to get laid atm saying he owns opalcoins LOL

the focus should always be on price. let's not kid ourselves. traders want a live market  and if they're skilled, investors would benefit from the price rises in their work. and everyone would be happy and keep recommending opal to friends. look what's happened to vrc and blackcoin. ppl are just fedup of the inconsistency. technology after technology but when you frustrate all your investors you can expect alot of them to bail and turn their backs for good in many instances. meaning ur losing out on marketcap.

you want to release news now when we've sunk from position 50 in marketcap to 100 and you think that will be a selling point to new investors? anyone who wasnt paying attention and sees that may quicker rush to bail. u release more articles in uptrends, not when investors can see that horrible looking graph as it is atm a pump with a slow exit.

ill await to see what opalteam can release to spur this market on again after what some will consider, abuse.
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:25:44 PM

That's the problem, I did try to find things out by myself. But the more I was learning, the more I was having to discover.  SuperNET is actually quite complicated, a lot of moving parts.

When I saw the high interest in Opal (price jump), and then the dramatic drop afterwards, I know that's normal, but I was wondering if we were losing some people who did not understand what Opal really is all about.

We kept reading posts from people asking "what makes opal special". Yes, I know, people are lazy, but I'm not one of them.

The problem I was really seeing is that SuperNET wasn't explained to our community "from an Opal perspective", and it really should be..  

Even I was confused an immediately bought some BTCD figuring that was the key here, only to see lack of interest, and I got back out and re-bought Opal again.  

The point is, that while Opal's interest is garnering a lot of attention, we really need to use this forum to address questions.  What's the point of a forum if we just tell everyone to "go find out for yourself".  Talking openly and sharing information is good and key to the survival long term.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: