Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:51:13 PM

Opal, SuperNET and You
Because I've gotten quite a few questions on the Opal side of the superNET, I'd like to explain it a bit better.

[..]

What this means for Opal:

- Increased funding, which means increased development and services (Opal PayPal gateway within a month)
- Decentalized Exchange (We're working with Vericoin on a new multi gateway cluster)
- Expanded dev team (we're already talking too VRC about some cool projects)
- We're working with one of the most recognized devs in the crypto scene (Jl777) on a decentralized Internet project.
- Teleport, a BitcoinDark privacy feature, which is the most secure anonymous system in the crypto environment will be integrated into Opal and Opal projects.

So an example might be:

A Vericoin user wants to store some files on Opal Drive.  He exchanges some of his Vericoin via the SuperNET gateway to buy some Opal Drive resources by obtaining some Opal for the purchase.

This in turn creates demand for Opal, and Opal's Opal Drive feature is used.

Conversely, an Opal user wants to use VeriSMS to send some coins via SMS to a cellphone.  They exchange some value of Opal into Vericoin, and then use the VeriSMS feature to make that possible.

This in turn creates demand for Vericoin and Vericoin's VeriSMS feature is used.

Finally, the concept of SuperNET is that it ties all of these coins and features together in one unified space, so it does not matter which side of the coin market you buy into, you can always exchange your coin's value for features that exist in a partner coin.  The only difference is, that certain coins, with better features might have higher or lower value, depending on what they bring to the SuperNET.

The advantage from traditional trading, is you won't need multiple separate wallets for these transactions to occur.  You won't need transfer money to centralized exchanges to in order to buy another coin while you're trying to use a feature. Instead, everything will happen from a SuperNET client.

The benefits for engaging in SuperNET for these coins are:

- devs share programming resources
- it avoids duplication. Best implementation of a feature is adopted
- devs share in SuperNET profits which encourages them to participate

Is what I've said correct?

Yes, completely correct.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 09:53:27 PM

Opal, SuperNET and You
Because I've gotten quite a few questions on the Opal side of the superNET, I'd like to explain it a bit better.

[..]

What this means for Opal:

- Increased funding, which means increased development and services (Opal PayPal gateway within a month)
- Decentalized Exchange (We're working with Vericoin on a new multi gateway cluster)
- Expanded dev team (we're already talking too VRC about some cool projects)
- We're working with one of the most recognized devs in the crypto scene (Jl777) on a decentralized Internet project.
- Teleport, a BitcoinDark privacy feature, which is the most secure anonymous system in the crypto environment will be integrated into Opal and Opal projects.

So an example might be:

A Vericoin user wants to store some files on Opal Drive.  He exchanges some of his Vericoin via the SuperNET gateway to buy some Opal Drive resources by obtaining some Opal for the purchase.

This in turn creates demand for Opal, and Opal's Opal Drive feature is used.

Conversely, an Opal user wants to use VeriSMS to send some coins via SMS to a cellphone.  They exchange some value of Opal into Vericoin, and then use the VeriSMS feature to make that possible.

This in turn creates demand for Vericoin and Vericoin's VeriSMS feature is used.

Finally, the concept of SuperNET is that it ties all of these coins and features together in one unified space, so it does not matter which side of the coin market you buy into, you can always exchange your coin's value for features that exist in a partner coin.  The only difference is, that certain coins, with better features might have higher or lower value, depending on what they bring to the SuperNET.

The advantage from traditional trading, is you won't need multiple separate wallets for these transactions to occur.  You won't need transfer money to centralized exchanges to in order to buy another coin while you're trying to use a feature. Instead, everything will happen from a SuperNET client.

The benefits for engaging in SuperNET for these coins are:

- devs share programming resources
- it avoids duplication. Best implementation of a feature is adopted
- devs share in SuperNET profits which encourages them to participate

yes
further, by having a single aggregated platform, it dramatically lowers the cost of getting new users and ultimately this is what is needed for the big marketcaps.

Another analogy is a shopping mall. Maybe someone doesnt even know about a specific store, but they know they can find whatever they want if they go to the shopping mall. So SuperNET will have this stream of "casual shoppers", who will gravitate to the best coins. In this way, SuperNET will magnify the best coins.

The progress on the unified GUI is ongoing and our goal is to create a seamless user experience where all the complex things are happening under the hood. The coins with the most valuable features will get the most usage and hence the most users and the biggest share of the revenue split, not to mention the natural reaction of people who use a coin is to buy that coin.

Also, the revenue share is something that goes to the coin's community to be used as the community sees best. Maybe it is to get more devs, maybe it is for marketing, maybe it is... How can SuperNET decide this? It is a decision for each coin community to make. Now dont get too excited, the timeframe for this is not measured in days, or even weeks, but more like months. Doing something nobody has ever done before takes a bit more time than cutting and pasting.

James

P.S. It seems the OPAL price spike attracted the "Wally bot", my name for the bot that is intentionally pushing the price down. It is operating across all the major altcoins and is funded by thousands of BTC. Not sure how profitable it is, nor what its motives are (might not be profits), but the fact that Wally bot is running on OPAL means OPAL has arrived!

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:14:47 PM

Yes, completely correct.

Wow, I just got goosebumps. It's actually designed very well, and makes a lot of sense now.

Translation to those watching:

Buy up your Opal. In my opinion it is only going to get better as our strong dev team turns into an even stronger dev team on steroids which brings more value to Opal. We can to use that stored Opal wealth with the rest of the SuperNET.

yes
[...] SuperNET will magnify the best coins.

Yes, I believe it will.  I do like the term "magnify".

Opal for the win. Smiley

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:16:26 PM

Yes, completely correct.

Wow, I just got goosebumps. It's actually designed very well, and makes a lot of sense now.

Translation to those watching:

Buy up your Opal. In my opinion it is only going to get better as our strong dev team turns into an even stronger dev team on steroids which brings more value to Opal. We can to use that stored Opal wealth with the rest of the SuperNET.

yes
[...] SuperNET will magnify the best coins.

Yes, I believe it will.  I do like the term "magnify".

Opal for the win. Smiley

Cheesy
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:20:00 PM

That's the spirit Smiley
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:43:52 PM

P.S. It seems the OPAL price spike attracted the "Wally bot", my name for the bot that is intentionally pushing the price down. It is operating across all the major altcoins and is funded by thousands of BTC. Not sure how profitable it is, nor what its motives are (might not be profits), but the fact that Wally bot is running on OPAL means OPAL has arrived!

well i nipped the bugger at 2800 for 10k to reduce his pushing power lol it seemed to set him back a bit but he recovered within an hr. i think someone sold to him on the low. so he won.. that round *grumbles*  Cheesy
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:51:02 PM

well i nipped the bugger at 2800 for 10k to reduce his pushing power lol it seemed to set him back a bit but he recovered within an hr. i think someone sold to him on the low. so he won.. that round *grumbles*  Cheesy
The bot seems to be human directed and changes its targets every once in a while
after a period of pushing down, it flips and then banks some profits.
I think once OPAL started trading on cryptsy, it created dual markets and that is how it funds its daily operations.

eg. push down price on one exchange, arbitrage on the other. Then it picks the weaker orderbook to push, rinse, repeat.

So, anytime any coin goes up a lot, it pushes down, then reverses and pushes up, etc. I have heard that some have figure out how to beat the bot and are making some steady gains taking advantage of its patterns.

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

Also, to clarify SuperNET's position on OPAL holdings. We have around 10% and will be keeping it long term.

James

Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:12:04 PM

The bot seems to be human directed and changes its targets every once in a while
after a period of pushing down, it flips and then banks some profits.
I think once OPAL started trading on cryptsy, it created dual markets and that is how it funds its daily operations.

eg. push down price on one exchange, arbitrage on the other. Then it picks the weaker orderbook to push, rinse, repeat.

So, anytime any coin goes up a lot, it pushes down, then reverses and pushes up, etc. I have heard that some have figure out how to beat the bot and are making some steady gains taking advantage of its patterns.

James

it's a bot of course there will be patterns. yeah he seems to be playing cryptsy now too. got my own system in play, ill work around him for now lol.
Spottingthebagger

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:57:20 PM

for the layman out there. What is so good about superNET??
toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:22:02 AM

Read Post #1741 and also #1742 in this thread.  It explains the benefit of SuperNET.

Don't speed read through it, or glance over it. The information is right in those two important posts.

In short: Any SuperNET sponsored coin, can use any other coin's features.  Devs are shared among all SuperNET coins as one big group.  Holders of SuperNET coins can enjoy the fruits of all coindev labor across all coins.  It's a sharing of technology.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
litec0ins

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:41:20 AM

Read Post #1741 and also #1742 in this thread.  It explains the benefit of SuperNET.

Don't speed read through it, or glance over it. The information is right in those two important posts.

In short: Any SuperNET sponsored coin, can use any other coin's features.  Devs are shared among all SuperNET coins as one big group.  Holders of SuperNET coins can enjoy the fruits of all coindev labor across all coins.  It's a sharing of technology.

as i understand it,  you could also receive dividends over traded opal on multigateway?
Do you have to hold opal backed asset for this? or am i wrong  in all Tongue

if so how would you get paid out?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 02:23:55 AM

as i understand it,  you could also receive dividends over traded opal on multigateway?
Do you have to hold opal backed asset for this? or am i wrong  in all Tongue

if so how would you get paid out?
next year when there are meaningful revenues to share, the funds would be converted to OPAL and sent to its community fund. This would act financially similar to a multipool

James

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:01:37 AM

Also, to clarify SuperNET's position on OPAL holdings. We have around 10% and will be keeping it long term.

James

This also decreases the Supply by 1.5 Million, Supply and Demand kick in. Only way to go is up, since people will need to sell eventually to distribute the coin. I won't take a loss on my coin and no one else would either. The only way to ensure this is to Hedge if the price really drops. This makes all of your holdings from the High you bought at, average toward the Low and meet somewhere close or in the middle, since you can buy more at the lows. Then if the price goes up you just bumped the hedge past your lows and your sell can be lower than your high to get out safely. If you are wanting out of course. If you wanted profit then you must buy more at the lows but safely since you don't know the lows for sure.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:30:12 AM

I am so intrigued with the whole concept of SuperNET now!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 04:02:17 AM

I am so intrigued with the whole concept of SuperNET now!

Smiley

I predict that long term the SuperNET coins will outperform the overall market due to the advantages gained from reduced supply, increased resources and active cross selling. Any coin that gets a new user, all coins benefit. Instead of competing cutthroat style, by cooperating, everyone wins.

Well, except for clone coins with nothing to offer. I think that is why there was so much FUD against SuperNET as all these coins that we rejected (dozens!) got angry. But when I ask the simple question, "please name the most powerful feature your coin has that users will want to use"... usually no response.

James

Coinler

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:22:47 AM

seeya wally  Wink
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:31:47 AM

seeya wally  Wink

yeah seems to be gone, i feel sorry for everyone that sold all their coins this low. i think they will be crying soon lol

theres not really much holding us back now, if you look at the order book on sell side. 90% of sell orders are very small, so work it out for yourselves Wink
DARKNE55

Activity: 149

Opal the future

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 09:45:23 AM

I have stated time and time again we are not a FLY BY NIGHT operation. OPAL is in it for the long haul, being part of the dev team I can proudly say we are here to stay hold on to your seats.. Smiley

Official OpalCoin Dev Fund:
BTC: 1PLnZntjhbwGJvLZnrkf5t9r9qh4yYcbYU
OPAL: oW94MapZxD6WoKtjUK45QogZ6haXLqSQ4F
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

I have stated time and time again we are not a FLY BY NIGHT operation. OPAL is in it for the long haul, being part of the dev team I can proudly say we are here to stay hold on to your seats.. Smiley

............. and fasten your seat belts  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: