May 13, 2024, 07:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:33:17 PM

Why not have a meeting on both days this time? It seems like there is enough to talk about.
(Note: Noobs on this forum can't vote in polls) I would vote for Saturday, but I'm not always available at that time either day.

Without much advertising this year, there haven't been a lot of new people to tap into for filling the positions needed.

I would like to help out, but I know I can't make much of a commitment.

Thats a good idea, I have both those days blocked out and we can have 2 live meetings in which we cover this information. So I will host them live at 3pm EST each day on 3/26 and 3/27.

And yes its very hard to find people, after doing this for so many hours each week for almost 2 years I am out of time to do what I have done before with FoldingCoin. But thats why the hope is we can get FoldingCoin working %100 automatically with the new code I want to pay for so that way it doesn't need much love and care. Then after thats done people will join the community when we have a really good working model. Until then everyone please volunteer to help where you can.

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 06:44:55 AM

Why not have a meeting on both days this time? It seems like there is enough to talk about.
(Note: Noobs on this forum can't vote in polls) I would vote for Saturday, but I'm not always available at that time either day.

Without much advertising this year, there haven't been a lot of new people to tap into for filling the positions needed.

I would like to help out, but I know I can't make much of a commitment.

Thats a good idea, I have both those days blocked out and we can have 2 live meetings in which we cover this information. So I will host them live at 3pm EST each day on 3/26 and 3/27.

And yes its very hard to find people, after doing this for so many hours each week for almost 2 years I am out of time to do what I have done before with FoldingCoin. But thats why the hope is we can get FoldingCoin working %100 automatically with the new code I want to pay for so that way it doesn't need much love and care. Then after thats done people will join the community when we have a really good working model. Until then everyone please volunteer to help where you can.

I was away for the week, so it's nice to see some activity here. Smiley

I am okay with having a public meeting on Saturday where we address the topics and also have some discussion with community members and we post this on Youtube. On Sunday we can have an additional meeting for people that would like to discuss things, but seems a bit unnecessary to rehash the information from the day before that since people can also see it on youtube. Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:20:36 PM

got NOKCOIN as dividend for having FANTOKEN...
first time i see this Counterparty feature in action
pretty cool

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
Hou5e

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 11:14:15 AM

Cause Coins on TheDailyDecrypt.com video link: https://youtu.be/IwK6cAKenXc
Jpja

Activity: 150
Merit: 29

Happy mother of 5 children

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:36:01 PM

Merged Folding - We currently do not have a sound way for merged folding participants to distribute their tokens on our platform. The current system requires access to the LTB distributor which other merged folding participants do not have access to. For this reason I propose we put merged folding on hold until we have a more bulletproof way of operating it.

I may help with this (if I understand correctly - you have a list of transactions you need to send?). I've built a multi-send tool for CounterTools. I can make a customized version for FLDC for free.

👉🏼 Relictum Pro – touch the future now!
https://relictum.pro/
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:00:43 PM

good episode, FoldingCoin mentioned too
i though she only talk about DASH

EverGreenCoin
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 12:07:33 AM

Hi FoldingCoin community,

I was very honored to see Amanda mention EverGreenCoin alongside FoldingCoin and Folding@Home in this episode of The Daily Decrypt as your project and Folding@Home are extremely honorable projects and ones I have been personally a longtime supporter of, in anyway possible. (http://us.newsbtc.com/foldinghome-foldingcoin-mining-for-medical-cures-part-1/  Yes it's me, Steve (CryptoCanary))

SalimNagamato, DASH is a paid sponsor of The Daily Decrypt and to a large extent. To be perfectly honest, EverGreenCoin had paid a small amount to get a short mention on a previous episode but not this one so, of course I am very pleased for the added exposure of EverGreenCoin alongside such noble projects and at no additional cost.

I do hope all projects gain from this exposure. Please, keep up the great work FoldingCoin and Folders!   Smiley

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:30:58 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 07:41:56 AM by Jonesd

I was very honored to see Amanda mention EverGreenCoin alongside FoldingCoin and Folding@Home in this episode of The Daily Decrypt as your project and Folding@Home are extremely honorable projects and ones I have been personally a longtime supporter of, in anyway possible. (http://us.newsbtc.com/foldinghome-foldingcoin-mining-for-medical-cures-part-1/  Yes it's me, Steve (CryptoCanary))

SalimNagamato, DASH is a paid sponsor of The Daily Decrypt and to a large extent. To be perfectly honest, EverGreenCoin had paid a small amount to get a short mention on a previous episode but not this one so, of course I am very pleased for the added exposure of EverGreenCoin alongside such noble projects and at no additional cost.

I do hope all projects gain from this exposure. Please, keep up the great work FoldingCoin and Folders!   Smiley

We're very grateful for your support! Interesting episode! Smiley The link to the video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwK6cAKenXc

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:08:44 PM

Merged Folding - We currently do not have a sound way for merged folding participants to distribute their tokens on our platform. The current system requires access to the LTB distributor which other merged folding participants do not have access to. For this reason I propose we put merged folding on hold until we have a more bulletproof way of operating it.

I may help with this (if I understand correctly - you have a list of transactions you need to send?). I've built a multi-send tool for CounterTools. I can make a customized version for FLDC for free.

Hey JPJA, nice to see you here Cheesy I would love to discuss this further with you as I am looking for a developer to help. Countertools is awesome and I know that you are a valued and active memeber in the XCP space. Please email me rross@foldingcoin.net so we can discuss more. Basically everything we need has already been created by people like you and LTB, but we just need a way to plug them all in. Mostly though we are looking for a PHP developer to redo our stats page that joe started in a way that anyone can type in the perimeters and it will spit out a distribution address and the amount that each person gets. It just needs to be more automated

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:21:52 PM

I was very honored to see Amanda mention EverGreenCoin alongside FoldingCoin and Folding@Home in this episode of The Daily Decrypt as your project and Folding@Home are extremely honorable projects and ones I have been personally a longtime supporter of, in anyway possible. (http://us.newsbtc.com/foldinghome-foldingcoin-mining-for-medical-cures-part-1/  Yes it's me, Steve (CryptoCanary))

I do hope all projects gain from this exposure. Please, keep up the great work FoldingCoin and Folders!   Smiley

Thanks steve! Love seeing you around soon. Would love to see a causecoin site to showcase all the great coins earned by helping science

K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:02:07 AM

One thing that seems to work for several coins is to use a bot (or a person with too much free time) to stabilize the price longer term and help the coin grow.

For example right now fldc @ ~76.

The market is trending up right now so the bot might put a medium buy at 70 and a smaller sell at 81 both trades likely to execute.

When the buy executes at 70, those coins are put for sale at various prices starting in the 80s, and when the sell executes at 81, those btc are used to place buys below 81.

One coin I follow was chaotic until someone did that. Now if you buy or sell that specific coin there is an instant counterorder placed. If you sell 0.1 btc worth than buys for that amount are instantly placed lower. Selling vice versa. Whoever did that seems to be making money and it seems to have stabilized a chaotic market. It would probably work well with fldc which has fair volume but wide spreads and not huge volatility.

That could work in the short term but in the long term market manipulation does not work. It's better to let price rise naturally then manipulate it.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:46:10 PM

The first public relaunch meeting is about to begin. We will also have one tomorrow at 3:00pm EST. Today we will be going over the following:

• Roberts recent blog post to the community
  • Future code that is needed for FoldingCoin
  • Financial state of FoldingCoin
  • Question and Answers

Tomorrow Jonas will be joining as he is unavailable today. Tomorrows main discussion will be the future of FoldingCoin and the direction we wish to take. Join today's session  and ask all the questions you would like by going to https://plus.google.com/events/cik0tquvpuspjqvim3ekojdgl2k

If you are a prominent member of the community and wish to join live in the discussion, please email me rross@foldingcoin.net and I will give you a join link. Thanks and see you all there Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:05:21 PM

That could work in the short term but in the long term market manipulation does not work. It's better to let price rise naturally then manipulate it.

I don't mean manipulation. When people look at the order book now they see a wide spread and indications that the market is too thin to trust liquidity.

Having a market maker would solve that and increase interest among speculators.

Any person who had knowledge of trading bots as well as resources to invest could fill the place of market maker and make a little money probably. I have neither computer programming knowledge nor resources or I would do it. It works for other coins.

I would love for you to come to the meeting and talk about it. Here is the event link for everyone, will begin as soon as Jonas gets here

https://plus.google.com/events/cqnk9hfhbck9vtphfl8rlbr56ec

email me if you would like to join live rross@foldingocin.net

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:32:20 PM

Meeting beginning within minutes https://plus.google.com/events/cqnk9hfhbck9vtphfl8rlbr56ec

Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 08:24:58 PM

Just had a brief look, interesting. Very interesting.

Merged folding is a great idea, there is very little reason to be in direct competition working on achieving the same goal.

If ETH hadn't stormed in last summer and dragged off all the GPU miners to it, Folding would have received a boost. Guess just have to wait for ETH to go PoS and all the juicy GPU power can be harnessed for good.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
sotisoti

Activity: 762

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 05:31:06 AM

I used to run Folding@Home alongside Seti@Home with my Pentium 4 machine, that was like many years ago...

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:02:52 PM

I used to run Folding@Home alongside Seti@Home with my Pentium 4 machine, that was like many years ago...

me too Smiley
had a user in seti@home in the 90's...
Berkeley still sometimes email me that they want me back

this coin made me go back into folding@home

sotisoti

Activity: 762

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:47:10 AM

me too Smiley
had a user in seti@home in the 90's...
Berkeley still sometimes email me that they want me back

this coin made me go back into folding@home
Sorry for sidetracking a little bit, It brings back good memories Smiley I guess for seti@home, they haven't found E.T. yet. Have they?

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:10:33 PM

Just had a brief look, interesting. Very interesting.

Merged folding is a great idea, there is very little reason to be in direct competition working on achieving the same goal.

If ETH hadn't stormed in last summer and dragged off all the GPU miners to it, Folding would have received a boost. Guess just have to wait for ETH to go PoS and all the juicy GPU power can be harnessed for good.

exactly Cheesy I am watching them very closely and when that time comes hopefully we can harness that, but we need a sound system first in order to make that happen Cheesy

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:11:48 PM

(...) they haven't found E.T. yet. Have they?

Problem is they know we are looking for them, so they are hiding.

A little more money in stealth technology and we will be able to sneak up on them.

No E.T. yet from seti, but here is what FAH has found so far :

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: