Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 02:29:58 AM

Nice one lol  Grin Its like night and day compared to these coins that are up huge SolarCoin has so much more real stuff going on for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 12:33:04 PM

http://www.electricchain.org/ekwateur-shakes-the-old-world-of-energy-suppliers/  Blockchain first. Solarcoin can now directly buy electricity in France. 

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 02:42:55 PM

Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:40:38 PM

http://www.electricchain.org/ekwateur-shakes-the-old-world-of-energy-suppliers/  Blockchain first. Solarcoin can now directly buy electricity in France. 
Yup thats massive, plastered it all over Reddit  Grin

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:25:00 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 04:58:23 AM by CryptoNick

http://www.electricchain.org/ekwateur-shakes-the-old-world-of-energy-suppliers/  Blockchain first. Solarcoin can now directly buy electricity in France.  

Isn't this backwards? Buying electricity with Solarcoin? If an electric utility accepts Solarcoin as payment for electricity the home owners can augment their off peak production, but they give away their coin cheaply to be sold off and drop the price. Problem is not enough value to pay the Utility with right now for Claimers to truly augment their bill. A claimer won't have tons of coin, PoW holders will have massive amounts though so good for them, but this is just like PoW holders going to the Exchange and selling. I guess there must be a boost of $1-$10 a coin coming soon to make it viable for claimers but PoW holders will trounce the market.

Utility companies won't hold the coin. This starts the leaky ceiling as to how much the Utility company accepts and sells vs how many claims get sold off vs how much PoW coin drops the price.

Hope it works out though, and at least it is a step in the right direction if the market supports the sell offs.

Something I had suggested initially that was disregarded, would be to take each claim and give them the current dollar amount of their installation in SLR. Then you have incentive and distribute coin. So it is a receipt of the worth of the Blockchain. Different meaning to marketcap now as every SLR would be backed by the money invested in Solar Panels. This could also create a ledger and you still get your KWH production. Now the PoW coin holders won't have the upper hand. If the Claimers Sell off then oh well it dumps the price but the incentive is to get SOLAR PANELS and this would be the ultimate incentive instead of making the market Move to the Claimer you make the Claimer move to the Market.

So right now 8 cents an SLR. $25,000 investment in Solar Panels gets the claimer 312,500 SLR. If the price moves up to 50 cents the claimer gets 50,000 SLR. Or you could even put a Bounty on a Panel. Each Panel is worth X amount of SLR in retail. Many ways to do this, even at the retailer and only on new purchases so the Retailer holds the accounting proper and no funny business. Maybe an internal PEG to distribute the SLR with being $25,000 multiplied by 10=250,000 SLR. Just need to eat up the Claim Coin slightly slower. But the PEG gives a wedge to the price point hopefully if you don't want it to slam to 1 satoshi.

I like the Dollar Equivalent idea better though, if the price drops it is even better for the claimers, hopefully this will be what happens. Being that it automatically drives the price down to stabilize the coin for 40 years. Then once the claims are gone the coin will be distributed and people can then gain value exponentially. First because they own Solar, second because they can trade for things or sell back their coin to the Utility company. At any rate the utility company would follow the market in any direction and will accept payment at whatever rate the market is at. So they will always be on the massive hedge or follow it down into the 1 satoshi range.

Another great scenario is that Bitcoin could go to $4000 a coin. This would PEG Solarcoin at what I had always suggested the best most stable price point of 1 satoshi and an excellent entry point for anyone coming in from Bitcoin at 1 satoshi since it will store value and also grow with Bitcoin as it hogs all the energy just to make SLR worth something... lol had to throw that in there.

1 satoshi right now gets a claimer at the current price of Bitcoin being approx $1000... 25 Bitcoin=$25,000 and a claim worth 2,500,000,000 (2.5 Billion SLR). When people take profit in Bitcoin they now have a place to stash it by buying into SLR. This creates a side market now. People who bought in to SLR from Bitcoin at $1000 can now sell at $4000 and make 4x their money at 1 satoshi. Doing nothing but holding SLR and supporting people buying Solar Panels. You can't sell lower than 1 satoshi so you can never lose unless Bitcoin drops from $4000 to $3000. And at that point you should be hedging out of Bitcoin into SLR again. Then down from $3000 to $2000 and even losing more down to $1000 you can always hedge and save your value. You are also buying at 1 satoshi ever time. Since you will be putting your buys in at 1 satoshi and fulfilling the market demand from the Utility company. Then once BitCoin goes back up people can buy back in and take out your position at $1000 and get you to $2000 again to double your money.

So now what happens is a glut of SLR and people need a way to use it for something. It is always Pegged at 1 satoshi as there will be so many more claimers than PoW holders and most would have sold off hearing this news anyways and drop the bottom out of the market of what... 8 Bitcoin on the Bittrex exchange right now.

So now you have the perfect Store of value and incentive for Claiming. As we know Bitcoin will move up and up and up. So let the Leaky Ceiling Rain and allow Solarcoin to go down the drain to 1 sat and it will benefit massively once the claims are all gone. Again this could be done many ways and possibly keep the market from going to 1 sat very quickly which is still the same amount of SLR (Claim Value) each claimer gets. Be it at 1 satoshi or 7K.

I hope you realize at any point people could get out of BitCoin and drive SLR up Exponentially from 1 satoshi and even turn the tables at that point since it would be a mass exodus from Bitcoin to SLR if the price does move down on BitCoin. Most people would know how to save their investment by getting out of Bitcoin as it drops and it would be almost like a bank run out of BTC into SLR. There would be no stopping the momentum if it ever happens that enough BTC holders see the exponent of SLR happening from 1 Satoshi.
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:43:50 AM

http://www.electricchain.org/ekwateur-shakes-the-old-world-of-energy-suppliers/  Blockchain first. Solarcoin can now directly buy electricity in France.  

Utility companies won't hold the coin. This starts the leaky ceiling as to how much the Utility company accepts and sells vs how many claims get sold off vs how much PoW coin drops the price.

Hope it works out though, and at least it is a step in the right direction if the market supports the sell offs.

I hope a utility like ekWateur will hold SLR as much as possible, they appear to be ideologically aligned with the concept and (again I hope) they believe the future price is worth waiting for.  Most of us probably cant pay for our electric bill in full with our current SLR claim, so ekWateur wont be flooded with SLR, they will get a slow trickle, meaning its just a marginal amount for them that they can afford to stash.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:24:24 PM

Nonsense.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:46:56 PM

Great discussion guys!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:33:09 AM

I hope a utility like ekWateur will hold SLR as much as possible, they appear to be ideologically aligned with the concept and (again I hope) they believe the future price is worth waiting for.  Most of us probably cant pay for our electric bill in full with our current SLR claim, so ekWateur wont be flooded with SLR, they will get a slow trickle, meaning its just a marginal amount for them that they can afford to stash.

Yeah you are right the utility company won't get a ton of Claim coin, only PoW coin and if they hold it or trickle sell it they will make more profit in the future if the coin moves up in price. Only problem is that the more the price moves the more Bitcoin has to be on the market to cash out. They will be stuck at any level. Just the hard truth if you don't have my game plan in motion.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:56:19 AM

Great discussion guys!

Thanks, add suggestions to it and shed some light on those panels!

I really think this is the ideal way to go is a swap to investors. It also gives people a chance to hedge their current position knowing what is coming. It is actually more exciting this way since it would not take 40 years to distribute the coin.

8 BTC on the market is not enough to make a change in the world for Solar. If people use SLR with Merchants who don't need to cash out to BTC it is perfect. But the real world scenario means a Merchant has to pay the bills.

If a Swap were used to create a new dynamic value of SLR, the marketcap could be saved and all investors would have their positions stabilized.

Then instead of having 98 Billion coin you can make it mimic BitCoin at 21 Million.

This would make the Swap the difference of the reserved Claim coin to whatever SLR desires the price to be per coin.

And since we are at 7 to 8 cents we can also work the math on that to leave tons of claim coin open. Now we backwards engineer the new coin. $2,776,602 is the circulating marketcap. There are 34M circ and 98B outstanding which is about 2800 times growth available to claims. So a higher price per coin out of the gate is needed, making SLR worth $7486.63 per coin. This would leave 370.87474604728696 coins in circulation to be distributed to each SLR wallet to swap. Some people would get .003 coins others may get 2 coins etc. But what this does now is set up a race between Bitcoin and SLR as to who gets to 1 million dollars a coin first.

Staying at 98 Billion makes it go to a satoshi or restructuring the coin can make it go to 1 million a coin. This would happen like magic and just takes restructuring.

By giving the worth of a claim as the coin it will also currently show that no one could ever cash out completely in the market. Now the coin has to be used and traded and given to other people for services which they can pay their electricity with. Or at this point it can be used to pay electric bills and completely wipe out any costs of electricity. The Utility Bill can only be used to pay what the Solar generator owes on their bill, so the Utility company creates an incentive for people too.

In a way the Utility company could create a buy on the market to try to get SLR cheaper to pay your utilities with. The Utility company would have a Glut of Coin though, but would always take payment of the coin at market value so until the price goes up you can't really save money by buying low every time. Again the 1 satoshi idea is superior but needs to find a balance between the claims.

I think a magic number for claims could be what the Wholesale power costs are on average and stamp it as the gold standard. Or maybe a $1 per coin Claim Payout now gives $25,000 25,000 coins instead of 300K. This would preserve the Claims if the 98 Billion were kept. But it gives better incentive to claim. When SLR surpasses $1 per coin you just match the price at that point and more of the Claim coin is preserved.

Again if someone were lucky enough to cash out their $25,000 on the market even though right now if they sold it would take out all $8,000 only and drop to 1 satoshi. Someone would buy back up and boost the price. The Utility company creates a Buy in these cases so it is just a matter of how Bitcoin comes in when other Utilities already accept Bitcoin. Funny how it takes power to mine Bitcoin and then you can use that Bitcoin to pay for power now.
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 05:49:54 PM

And yet again - the man, the myth, THE LEGEND - CryptoNick has spoken and the price went UP - keep up the discussion man Cheesy I love it every time Grin

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:47:54 PM

Isn't this backwards? Buying electricity with Solarcoin? If an electric utility accepts Solarcoin as payment for electricity the home owners can augment their off peak production, but they give away their coin cheaply to be sold off and drop the price. Problem is not enough value to pay the Utility with right now for Claimers to truly augment their bill. A claimer won't have tons of coin, PoW holders will have massive amounts though so good for them, but this is just like PoW holders going to the Exchange and selling. I guess there must be a boost of $1-$10 a coin coming soon to make it viable for claimers but PoW holders will trounce the market.

Something I had suggested initially that was disregarded, would be to take each claim and give them the current dollar amount of their installation in SLR. Then you have incentive and distribute coin. So it is a receipt of the worth of the Blockchain. Different meaning to marketcap now as every SLR would be backed by the money invested in Solar Panels. This could also create a ledger and you still get your KWH production. Now the PoW coin holders won't have the upper hand. If the Claimers Sell off then oh well it dumps the price but the incentive is to get SOLAR PANELS and this would be the ultimate incentive instead of making the market Move to the Claimer you make the Claimer move to the Market.

So right now 8 cents an SLR. $25,000 investment in Solar Panels gets the claimer 312,500 SLR. If the price moves up to 50 cents the claimer gets 50,000 SLR. Or you could even put a Bounty on a Panel. Each Panel is worth X amount of SLR in retail. Many ways to do this, even at the retailer and only on new purchases so the Retailer holds the accounting proper and no funny business. Maybe an internal PEG to distribute the SLR with being $25,000 multiplied by 10=250,000 SLR. Just need to eat up the Claim Coin slightly slower. But the PEG gives a wedge to the price point hopefully if you don't want it to slam to 1 satoshi.

I like the Dollar Equivalent idea better though, if the price drops it is even better for the claimers, hopefully this will be what happens. Being that it automatically drives the price down to stabilize the coin for 40 years. Then once the claims are gone the coin will be distributed and people can then gain value exponentially. First because they own Solar, second because they can trade for things or sell back their coin to the Utility company. At any rate the utility company would follow the market in any direction and will accept payment at whatever rate the market is at. So they will always be on the massive hedge or follow it down into the 1 satoshi range.

Another great scenario is that Bitcoin could go to $4000 a coin. This would PEG Solarcoin at what I had always suggested the best most stable price point of 1 satoshi and an excellent entry point for anyone coming in from Bitcoin at 1 satoshi since it will store value and also grow with Bitcoin as it hogs all the energy just to make SLR worth something... lol had to throw that in there.

1 satoshi right now gets a claimer at the current price of Bitcoin being approx $1000... 25 Bitcoin=$25,000 and a claim worth 2,500,000,000 (2.5 Billion SLR). When people take profit in Bitcoin they now have a place to stash it by buying into SLR. This creates a side market now. People who bought in to SLR from Bitcoin at $1000 can now sell at $4000 and make 4x their money at 1 satoshi. Doing nothing but holding SLR and supporting people buying Solar Panels. You can't sell lower than 1 satoshi so you can never lose unless Bitcoin drops from $4000 to $3000. And at that point you should be hedging out of Bitcoin into SLR again. Then down from $3000 to $2000 and even losing more down to $1000 you can always hedge and save your value. You are also buying at 1 satoshi ever time. Since you will be putting your buys in at 1 satoshi and fulfilling the market demand from the Utility company. Then once BitCoin goes back up people can buy back in and take out your position at $1000 and get you to $2000 again to double your money.

So now what happens is a glut of SLR and people need a way to use it for something. It is always Pegged at 1 satoshi as there will be so many more claimers than PoW holders and most would have sold off hearing this news anyways and drop the bottom out of the market of what... 8 Bitcoin on the Bittrex exchange right now.

So now you have the perfect Store of value and incentive for Claiming. As we know Bitcoin will move up and up and up. So let the Leaky Ceiling Rain and allow Solarcoin to go down the drain to 1 sat and it will benefit massively once the claims are all gone. Again this could be done many ways and possibly keep the market from going to 1 sat very quickly which is still the same amount of SLR (Claim Value) each claimer gets. Be it at 1 satoshi or 7K.

I hope you realize at any point people could get out of BitCoin and drive SLR up Exponentially from 1 satoshi and even turn the tables at that point since it would be a mass exodus from Bitcoin to SLR if the price does move down on BitCoin. Most people would know how to save their investment by getting out of Bitcoin as it drops and it would be almost like a bank run out of BTC into SLR. There would be no stopping the momentum if it ever happens that enough BTC holders see the exponent of SLR happening from 1 Satoshi.

Good to see you back nick. One thing you have forgotten to take into account is the Lykke exchange. At any given momment they have roughly  $8,000 SLR for sale and to buy. I've seen the volume go to about $20k a day. They are market makers and provide liquidity with tight spreads. You can buy SLR with EUR,USD,GBP,JPY and BTC.  In the past month there was more volume on Lykke than Bittrex so if somone were to try and crash the market on Bittrex they would only be hurting themselves. You could easily off load 1 million SLR over the course of a couple of days on Lykke.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:45:15 AM

Solarcoin shorts

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:01:17 AM

Solarcoin shorts

One of my favorite films of all time.

Looking good Billy Ray.
Feeling good Lewis!

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:25:28 AM

And yet again - the man, the myth, THE LEGEND - CryptoNick has spoken and the price went UP - keep up the discussion man Cheesy I love it every time Grin

Thanks man! Smiley There is Coin in Coincidence... Happy to oblige!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:43:34 AM

Good to see you back nick. One thing you have forgotten to take into account is the Lykke exchange. At any given momment they have roughly  $8,000 SLR for sale and to buy. I've seen the volume go to about $20k a day. They are market makers and provide liquidity with tight spreads. You can buy SLR with EUR,USD,GBP,JPY and BTC.  In the past month there was more volume on Lykke than Bittrex so if somone were to try and crash the market on Bittrex they would only be hurting themselves. You could easily off load 1 million SLR over the course of a couple of days on Lykke.

Thanks! Haven't paid attention lately but Lykke should be a gateway into SLR hopefully, rather than out. Guess most PoW hardcore holders wouldn't leave anyways until $1 and up. Glad to see the bump up in the market.
Alao

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:43:08 AM

Thanks! Haven't paid attention lately but Lykke should be a gateway into SLR hopefully, rather than out. Guess most PoW hardcore holders wouldn't leave anyways until $1 and up. Glad to see the bump up in the market.

Well I've been watching it and about a couple of weeks ago somone was dumping like crazy on Lykke. They way their chart's look on the mobile phone you can tell when somone is dumping. I think the more POW holders that cash. out the better and they essentially give their coins to Lykke. When BTC runs up like this you get a lot of ALT coin dumping. SLR isn't immune to it.

§1 = 1MWh
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 04:08:36 PM

Well I've been watching it and about a couple of weeks ago somone was dumping like crazy on Lykke. They way their chart's look on the mobile phone you can tell when somone is dumping. I think the more POW holders that cash. out the better and they essentially give their coins to Lykke. When BTC runs up like this you get a lot of ALT coin dumping. SLR isn't immune to it.

Someone at the moment is "playing" the market at Bittrex - maybe he is trying to catch the little fishes, but I don't think they are that stupid... 21 000 $ volume at Bittrex today - I think the shark from the same time last year has awaken again and he is exploring the waters Roll Eyes

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
Alao

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:18:08 PM

Someone at the moment is "playing" the market at Bittrex - maybe he is trying to catch the little fishes, but I don't think they are that stupid... 21 000 $ volume at Bittrex today - I think the shark from the same time last year has awaken again and he is exploring the waters Roll Eyes

Well it didn't end well for us last year....I hope that he find some other waters to swim in.  The volume on Bittrex is pretty huge after the run up we had over the past days.  Looks a bit like a retracement to me.

§1 = 1MWh
themeco

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:37:11 PM

Volume is good even if it pushes the price down a bit. Currently it looks just like normal action to me. Lots of activity in alts right now so the more exposure the better to draw in new people. There appear to be a lot of bubbles forming right now so I'm glad we are avoiding that and price seems quite stable. My guess is most of the others will pop and people will be looking for the next opportunity to make some quick money. SLR might get caught up in this  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: