Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:20:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466743 times)
Solarama

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:55:19 AM

ELECTRIC CHAIN http://www.electricchain.org/

We currently have 12 projects at various stages of development with participants from the world’s leading universities, power producers, government agencies and companies.
Our Slack community includes anonymous observers from the world’s 3rd largest technology company, Europe’s biggest power producer, the US Top Technology University, America’s largest independent power producer, industry consortia representing over 40 hardware manufacturers.
Projects include development of micro-grids in Africa, hardware and software, and research into the first space-based currency transaction and more.

JOIN SLACK https://electricchain.slack.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Solarama

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:42:39 AM

BECOME A SOLAR ANGEL
SOLAR ANGELS http://solarangels.solarchange.co/#/.
What is a Solar Angel ?
Solar Angels are solar energy supporters and community delegates who take an active role in increasing the SolarCoin network by engaging solar installation owners to register to the SolarChange platform. For their efforts and contribution to network growth, Solar Angels will receive a reward: SolarCoins - the amount is relative to installation size.

What is the role of the Solar Angel ?Solar Angels inform solar owners about the SolarCoin concept and SolarChange’s mission. The Solar Angel invites the owner to register on the SolarChange Platform and verify that the registration procedure is successfully completed. Solar Angels verify that a solar installation is effectively grid-connected and producing solar energy in-line with what is claimed by the solar owner.

Why Should I become a Solar Angel ? Solar Angels receive a SolarCoin reward for introducing new participants to the SolarCoin Network. The reward is 2.5% of the total SolarCoins granted to the solar installation at its first year of operation and retroactive to 2010.

How do I become a Solar Angel ? Becoming a Solar Angel is straightforward. A Solar Angel needn't own a solar installation. Simply register here:- http://solarangels.solarchange.co/#/. After the registration process, you will receive a confirmation email and follow up.

After becoming a Solar Angel, what is the procedure for registering a new Solar Owner ?
 An “Angel Code” will be sent to you. In order to get your reward, the Solar Owner should refer to your own Angel Code when he registers his solar installation. That’s it! After the registration is confirmed, both you and the solar owner will get a confirmation email!

Remember:The SolarCoin value and its popularity depends on network size. Therefore, Solar Angels have a crucial role in the SolarCoin project and in the success of the Solar Revolution.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:55:37 AM

thanks for the cheap solarcoin  Grin gotta love whoever is selling now lol
Solarama

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:13:13 PM

BLOCKCHAIN OSCARS WINNER - BLOCKSHOW EUROPE

https://solarcoin.org/en/solarchange-wins-oscar-at-blockshow-europe-munich/

SolarChange gathers a network of services and applications to improve and increase the use of solar energy worldwide and provide solar owners with more value from their systems. SolarChange’s SolarCoin is a reward program that is coupled to the production of clean solar energy. SolarCoin, based on blockchain technology, allows green-energy producers to get a reward for their contribution to the planet.
SolarChange also provides verified, multi-sourced insights and predictions for a variety of applications including residential energy efficiency and grid-scale energy management.
SolarChange won 5000 euros worth of HMQ

https://www.facebook.com/CointelegraphEvents/photos/a.288340684943593.1073741830.270185593425769/288341168276878/?type=3&theater
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:21:51 PM

Protocol   Count   Network Share
/Satoshi:2.1.8/                            70005   107          99.1 %   
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:16:58 PM

Protocol   Count   Network Share
/Satoshi:2.1.8/                            70005   107          99.1 %   
Cool its at 108 now as I look Smiley

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
Solarama

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:34:28 AM

ORIGINAL DEKO WHITEPAPER 4th JAN 2011
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1802166

SOLARCOIN WIKI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SolarCoin

SOLARCOIN PRESENTATION
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_eBvOYwcD-XbG9pdWJWOGtNNjg/view?ths=true
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 09:26:23 AM

So I am watching the Bitcoin/Altcoin rally recently and I can't stay quiet about it, because it's getting on my nerves - so far from January 2017 BTC has grown from under 1000$ to 1600+$ as of today, which is ~60% increase of its price and it seems it is going even further and nobody is sure when it will stop or pop (if its a bubble) etc. Almost every Altcoin out there is rising too, which is understandable since ~99% of the altcoins are traded for BTC. I'm watching the volume of these Shitcoins and the numbers are getting higher every day and the amount of money people put in them is not a small number - we can start from 200 000$ daily and go to a couple of million dollars for some coins. Everything is fine by those numbers, people have their choice where to put their money I get that. The thing that bothers me and makes me nervous and I don't know if its for good or bad is why Solarcoin doesn't follow the pattern / uptrend recently? Why when BTC goes up, there is this asshole on Bittrex or whatever other exchange SLR is traded, which starts selling every god damn time and keeps the price down??? Why all the other Shitcoins have so much money put into them and we are staying under the shadows for so long? Why people can't notice us? I see that the foundation is doing a great work - every month there is some good news about Solarcoin - we have even won an Oscar at Blockshow Europe and what happened - well not much apparently and I can't understand why or what is the reason behind this... I see that ~100 people joined the SLR slack recently, which is great - but when some of them started asking questions like "why am I here?/ what is this group" my excitement vaporized - like some spam bot added them randomly from nowhere... Don't get me wrong here - I'm not being negative, I just wonder why is all that happening - why are there so many Shitcoins above us, in which people invest so much money - what seems to be the thing that "hold us back"? What we must achieve in the future to make people recognize us as unique alternative from all the other coins out there? I don't know if I'm asking the right questions and making the proper analyse of the market right now so feel free to deny/argument me. And for the greedy so called "whale" right now who is keeping the price low and dumping every time when there is a rise - not everything is forever my friend, you are a big fish in the small pond at the moment - once the SLR market starts to expand and become an ocean, the sharks there will eat all of your coins and you will starve to death at the bottom of the abyss where you belong - u greedy little bastard...

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
Scalextrix

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:42:20 PM

So I am watching the Bitcoin/Altcoin rally recently and I can't stay quiet about it, because it's getting on my nerves - so far from January 2017 BTC has grown from under 1000$ to 1600+$ as of today, which is ~60% increase of its price and it seems it is going even further and nobody is sure when it will stop or pop (if its a bubble) etc. Almost every Altcoin out there is rising too, which is understandable since ~99% of the altcoins are traded for BTC. I'm watching the volume of these Shitcoins and the numbers are getting higher every day and the amount of money people put in them is not a small number - we can start from 200 000$ daily and go to a couple of million dollars for some coins. Everything is fine by those numbers, people have their choice where to put their money I get that. The thing that bothers me and makes me nervous and I don't know if its for good or bad is why Solarcoin doesn't follow the pattern / uptrend recently? Why when BTC goes up, there is this asshole on Bittrex or whatever other exchange SLR is traded, which starts selling every god damn time and keeps the price down??? Why all the other Shitcoins have so much money put into them and we are staying under the shadows for so long? Why people can't notice us? I see that the foundation is doing a great work - every month there is some good news about Solarcoin - we have even won an Oscar at Blockshow Europe and what happened - well not much apparently and I can't understand why or what is the reason behind this... I see that ~100 people joined the SLR slack recently, which is great - but when some of them started asking questions like "why am I here?/ what is this group" my excitement vaporized - like some spam bot added them randomly from nowhere... Don't get me wrong here - I'm not being negative, I just wonder why is all that happening - why are there so many Shitcoins above us, in which people invest so much money - what seems to be the thing that "hold us back"? What we must achieve in the future to make people recognize us as unique alternative from all the other coins out there? I don't know if I'm asking the right questions and making the proper analyse of the market right now so feel free to deny/argument me. And for the greedy so called "whale" right now who is keeping the price low and dumping every time when there is a rise - not everything is forever my friend, you are a big fish in the small pond at the moment - once the SLR market starts to expand and become an ocean, the sharks there will eat all of your coins and you will starve to death at the bottom of the abyss where you belong - u greedy little bastard...
Honestly I think SolarCoin is on its own track, I dont care that we arent getting pumped with all the others, if the BTC/ETH bubble bursts then its going to make no difference anyway, though I can tell you my value of SLR holding has risen a fair amount against fiat in the last week.
I think what needs to happen is the claims need to keep going out, and as that increases and the amounts the Foundation are holding start to reduce, we will see more generalised involvement from the crypto community, as we see the claims accelerate, it will help.  Meanwhile we just need to keep shouting about it as loudly and as often as we can.  Im trying to get on the speaking roster at a few upcoming events, including my local crypto meetup; Im sure they will wring their hands about the Foundation, but if they want to miss a big opportunity, its their own lookout.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:02:01 AM

I'd rather not Solarcoin join a pump bubble.

daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 04:31:26 AM

And again - Bitcoin goes UP from 1650 to 1700+ and another SLR DUMP (~70 000 Solarcoins) on Bittrex for fuck sake - this is every time BTC goes up - a guy keeps solarcoin at ~0.12 $ and thats it... It's getting boring - someone may say we are stable - well if we measure the price in USD yea ofc, but I measure it in BTC and so far we are going down every time BTC rises, because of that same guy who dumps... This is ridiculous  Angry

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
Solarama

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:57:01 AM

And again - Bitcoin goes UP from 1650 to 1700+ and another SLR DUMP (~70 000 Solarcoins) on Bittrex for fuck sake - this is every time BTC goes up - a guy keeps solarcoin at ~0.12 $ and thats it... It's getting boring - someone may say we are stable - well if we measure the price in USD yea ofc, but I measure it in BTC and so far we are going down every time BTC rises, because of that same guy who dumps... This is ridiculous  Angry

http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/7D/73/360eb062c3887d73.jpg

I think it might be a good idea to get more information onto this thread. I hold several coins that interest me, when i'm looking at new oportunities to invest I will generally visit the website and then have a look on bitcointalk and check out the activity there. For SLR - there is a lot going on on the slack, but its tumbleweeds on bitcointalk, no postings from anyone for days at a time. It gives the impression that there is no activity, no development, no progress. (why I have been posting chunks from the slack here)
If people get this impression then they dont invest and hold and if they are a holder they will just dump it and use the BTC to try to get a better retun on their investment.

There are very few coins that are now still in existance from January 2014 (when SLR launched) I have seen hundreds of crappy ideas and coins come and go . In that time, SLR has grown from under 500 satoshi to over 8000 and I firmly believe that the price (and the value) will continue to steadily increase.

From the Slack:-

"vipgelsi [3:47 AM]
Nick what would a low to high end estimate of network growth be for 2017 for Slr
nick_gogerty [3:52 AM]
tough to say, but I am personally targetting 20-50k users. that means we need to get infront of 200-300k.  with a 3-6 months sales cycle that means hitting it hard after copay is out. we have one 200k platform working on an NDA and @francois probably has 50 monitoring companies in his back pocket that range from thousands to 10's of thousands. We have contacts at solarcity etc. but haven't reached out yet as our UX is sub-par for their customers.  with Copay and web wallet, I think that is largely solved.  This doesn't include proof concept stuff like solarchange is working on in Cyprus and attempts to reach out to enphase's enlighten platform.  If people have platforms we should target let us know.  We also have people in China and other areas wanting to sign up as affiliate so I personally think its more a matter of when than if we reach 20-50k and then.....more.  there are 7m estimated solar producing facilities out there growing 30-40% annually."

I havent yet read Nick Gogerty book - 'The Nature of Value' https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Nature-Value-Adaptive-Economy-Columbia-Business-Publishing/0231162448 as I think it might just sit on the shelf next to Steven Hawkins 'a breif history of time'!  but from my johnny-punch-clock perspective it would surely benefit SLR if it had a 'current value' of $0.50 rather than a few cents when approaching these huge solar companies ? Discuss :-)

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:45:09 PM

Big oil is that you keeping Solarcoin down  Grin   But Solarama is correct the slack channels are very active for Solarcoin. Here not so much.
Scalextrix

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:12:48 PM

I can tell you the few events I have attended with the SolarCoin/ElectriCChain teams, solar industry people are at first confused, then amazed by what we are doing, and not just the fact that we are trying to incentivise their entire industry at a global scale.

People are amazed that we can, with a cheap device like a Raspberry Pi, log solar generation data to an incorruptable, free, open database from ANY size of solar install.  Big solar PV installs are easy, but getting data from the thousands of domestic systems, has been (from what a national energy company told me) impossible.

So screw the haters, we have something here that no-one else has, if the $0.12 guy cant see it, plenty of others will; if you build it they will come.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:18:59 PM

I can tell you the few events I have attended with the SolarCoin/ElectriCChain teams, solar industry people are at first confused, then amazed by what we are doing, and not just the fact that we are trying to incentivise their entire industry at a global scale.

People are amazed that we can, with a cheap device like a Raspberry Pi, log solar generation data to an incorruptable, free, open database from ANY size of solar install.  Big solar PV installs are easy, but getting data from the thousands of domestic systems, has been (from what a national energy company told me) impossible.

So screw the haters, we have something here that no-one else has, if the $0.12 guy cant see it, plenty of others will; if you build it they will come.

Bravo!
solarcoiner

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:15:21 PM

You just need to chill man. SLR is doing great. Just buy more while you still can. Cryptonick: Can we get another post about how much SLR sucks? maybe that will help with the price  Grin
solarcoiner

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:43:36 PM

And again - Bitcoin goes UP from 1650 to 1700+ and another SLR DUMP (~70 000 Solarcoins) on Bittrex for fuck sake - this is every time BTC goes up - a guy keeps solarcoin at ~0.12 $ and thats it... It's getting boring - someone may say we are stable - well if we measure the price in USD yea ofc, but I measure it in BTC and so far we are going down every time BTC rises, because of that same guy who dumps... This is ridiculous  Angry

good things come to those who wait. patience my friend  Smiley
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:31:06 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2017, 08:01:37 AM by CryptoNick

You just need to chill man. SLR is doing great. Just buy more while you still can. Cryptonick: Can we get another post about how much SLR sucks? maybe that will help with the price  Grin

@solarcoiner Happy to Oblige! Although I never said Solarcoin sucks, I just wish it were structured differently.

@daniobg The problem is really distribution, it happened during PoW. SLR was not always PoST. So many of the holders of coin used their mining rigs that once were used to mine BitCoin to give birth to the actual Coin that is being dumped on the market. Now add to this fact that you need to have incentive to claim. Being excited about the great concept SLR has isn't enough for most people. They want the cash. This is where my ideas came to fruition. There needs to be an internal PEG for trade without the use of exchanges. So people with 1000 SLR can use the SLR at wholesale power prices. There would be an Average worldwide even. This would be the magic number. Lets say $20. Now this claimer of 1000 SLR has $20,000 to spend.

Now also realize that people who buy from the market can now have $20 PEG coin to spend. This creates the buy that is needed.

Now people who support the coin can trade at spot prices and around the world. The price of power may only change slightly, but if enough people band together and trade SLR and help people claim it may go viral. Exchanges are Liquidity for merchants who need to get costs out of their products. This is the crux of the problem, FIAT to pay for costs of goods.

If a merchant could tie in the PEG and the price on the Market we might have something better too. Since this would be the Merchants gamble. What can people buy with what they Claim right now? Not much! They are forced to Buy coin on the Exchange as an investment (Smart Investment though). There are ways to bypass Bitcoin now using Lykke.com to buy SLR from a Credit Card so now Bitcoin can be subverted so as to not drive the price of Bitcoin and its Manipulated markets also up as people try to support SLR.

I think just with the addition of Lykke there is a fighting chance for SLR now. Instead of being an SLR Tesla strapped to the Bitcoin Towing agency's 18 Wheeler Car Carrier doing 100 MPH spewing black smoke from pulling the weight of all the other Alt "Car" Coins, SLR has been liberated.

Implementing an internal PEG would also create a ceiling to the Market Cap in the Exchanges. This would cause a Median Price point for liquidity and a more predictable market. But the swings would be in play but can be combated by a Merchant getting only their costs of goods out and following the PEG for the profit. Now the merchant can trade at the PEG or Liquify in a pre-determined arrangement at the point of sale.

So anyone who could afford to buy a Product with SLR (most likely PoW coin holders or early adopters) could now get something for their SLR rather than deluge the market at their whim. Then the Merchants could play the market and make more from their exposure to the costs of their products possibly. Seeing as how most merchants who would deal with SLR would also be Solar providers or Installers or have a niche market in Solar, they could bet heavy on it! This would be their success and only the early adopters would be able to make a mint from their initial acceptance of coin. They would basically own the PoW coin and have a proper stake in SLR at this point since we need them to be the backbone of the coin... Solar Merchants!

At this point all we have is a Leaky Ceiling with Claim coin and PoW coin raining down on the market. Again this takes time which is why it is a 40 year project. Anyone who buys SLR would not sell for less than what they bought in for, yet PoW got coin virtually free. So as distribution occurs the market stabilizes. Hedging your position is the SLR investors' only remedy!!! <-This is how you can support the coin also! The sell offs are just a part of that process. Making a demand for people to buy the coin is another thing. Most just want to make money. So it will churn up and spit out investors in the process. This is why you feel so disheartened, this is how I felt too.
Clam.E.Jackson

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:54:46 AM

http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/7D/73/360eb062c3887d73.jpg

From the Slack:-

"vipgelsi [3:47 AM]
Nick what would a low to high end estimate of network growth be for 2017 for Slr
nick_gogerty [3:52 AM]
tough to say, but I am personally targetting 20-50k users. that means we need to get infront of 200-300k.  with a 3-6 months sales cycle that means hitting it hard after copay is out. we have one 200k platform working on an NDA and @francois probably has 50 monitoring companies in his back pocket that range from thousands to 10's of thousands. We have contacts at solarcity etc. but haven't reached out yet as our UX is sub-par for their customers.  with Copay and web wallet, I think that is largely solved.  This doesn't include proof concept stuff like solarchange is working on in Cyprus and attempts to reach out to enphase's enlighten platform.  If people have platforms we should target let us know.  We also have people in China and other areas wanting to sign up as affiliate so I personally think its more a matter of when than if we reach 20-50k and then.....more.  there are 7m estimated solar producing facilities out there growing 30-40% annually."

Wow - This is big news! When will copay be ready? When will you start hitting these thousands of potential claimants?
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:19:39 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2017, 05:13:52 PM by vipgelsi

Price is looking good today.
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: