Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:43:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:36:56 PM

I think that was fake news to throw people off.....  they plan on announcing a whole nother coin next week/. 98,034,300,133 Coins is a lot to swallow......  anyone want to put that into perspective?

Don't put the cart before the horse. There are currently only 37 million SLR in circulation, which is a very small amount. The 98 billion is projected over a 40 year period and the only way we would ever see 98 billion in circulation is if this coin's market value was so high (likely $20+) that it would draw enough attention in the solar power community such that a substantial amount of people started submitting claims for grants. So it's different than with bitcoin, because with bitcoin all you need is only a single user with a single miner to mine all the coins, but with solarcoin, no single user can "mine" or "claim" all the coins. It takes hundreds of thousands, if not millions of users, rather than just one. And when this coin has a hundred thousand users or even a million users or more, then the market price will rise accordingly. In other words, increasing the number of users = increasing the value. So 98 billion seems like a lot, but we will never even get close to that number until the number of users (and thus the value) substantially increases.

Very good Im sold!

Very good I'm keep holding.

So any significant increase in circulation only comes with a significant increase in the number of users?
That is genius!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 06:44:43 PM

OK just a little update on the Palm Beach Confidential topic - it seems that the newsletter is postponed to be released on monday, because of the many leaks on which will be their november pick. So I guess if any action is about to happen we will see it on monday/tuesday.

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
ericzevel

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:58:14 PM

As I understood, I receive SolarCoin as incentive to produce solar energy. Why this coin should have any value, who can use it or buy? (except speculations)

Thanks for the clarification!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:53:36 AM

As I understood, I receive SolarCoin as incentive to produce solar energy. Why this coin should have any value, who can use it or buy? (except speculations)

Thanks for the clarification!

Don't get me started... LOL

The only thing that makes sense to buy with SLR right now would be older outdated panels that are sitting in warehouses doing nothing but waiting to be recycled or destroyed. It costs these companies more to recycle them safely than sell them. So, why not sell them for SLR for the costs, or 33 and a third percent of the retail price. Or another way would be better by giving a $120 PEG or Whatever the 1MWH Wholesale Costs of Power are per SLR for their Old Panels. The manufacturers lose nothing and gain SLR to be sold when they desire, which could get back the costs and make profit later as people buy SLR to own Panels with. It incentivizes solar from the actual manufacturers. Then it also brings a customer back to the manufacturer when they buy SLR at $1 in order to buy $25,000 worth of Solar Panels and they also get their Claim, which could also go along with buying extra SLR as an investment. Do you think the customer will buy more than the 208 SLR to buy $25,000 in older panels? YES!! Do you think they will tell their friends? OH YEAH! What do you think that does to the price of SLR? It goes up! YEP!

So the manufacturer now can accept 1 to 1 dollars for new Panels with SLR and they accept $120 PEG for old outdated Panels to create buys on the market for their coin they accept for new panels. The old is renewing the market!!

Another way to look at it is also, why do people buy bitcoin? They want to make money, so people will buy SolarCoin to make money and if a Solar manufacturer eventually accepts SLR then they have a market. The only reason why this benefits both parties is due to the Claim as a benefit to the buyer, now this is what could be considered a side market but beneficial to the manufacturer since they can hold a lot of SLR. Now imagine that Bitcoin comes in to buy SLR to then Buy Panels with. Now you can see that Bitcoin could drive this market up and up and up. Larger exponents than what could actually be gained in Bitcoin right now. So all it takes is one Manufacturer to start it off. The waste of energy to own Bitcoin now produces a green market and it will be created by Bitcoin itself.

It doesn't make sense that people buy Bitcoin to then buy SLR to then buy Panels with when they could just go buy panels. So it is kind of a closed loop which is why a PEG would be good for older panels. Then you bring in a reason to buy. Even older panels will produce enough to offset a $208 investment which may later go to $2 or $416 dollar investment which could go to $10 and $2,080 investment for older panels. At any point these buyers can make extra or keep their SLR and claim until $30 to $120 per coin. It could happen overnight if a manufacturer would get creative.
sylph93

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:29:30 PM

SLR has been over 0.5$ for days. I'm very impressed.
1$ target is within reach. The price will be best marketing.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 05:00:54 PM

SLR has been over 0.5$ for days. I'm very impressed.
1$ target is within reach. The price will be best marketing.

We are almost there now guys - if Teeka pick us up a few hours from now, we will see a couple of bucks for sure Cheesy We may be the new wealthy elite who knows  Cheesy

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
babbey

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:13:23 PM

Wow - hope this doesn't hurt the future of this coin too much... Someone is seriously cashing in!
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:40:28 PM

Wow - hope this doesn't hurt the future of this coin too much... Someone is seriously cashing in!

It is just the PBC PnD guys. Once they are out of play, then the market will stabilize again.
sylph93

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:45:32 PM

It is just the PBC PnD guys. Once they are out of play, then the market will stabilize again.

Regardless of PnD, this time SLR got a good public relation.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 11:43:24 PM

Regardless of PnD, this time SLR got a good public relation.

some serious P+D going on there

*light*

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:17:44 AM

why there is a dump  Angry
flatexx

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:32:25 AM

nice. I was looking to get in cheaper for the last couple of days. Looks like im going to have to buy myself some more. Cheers
redwhite037

Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:05:18 AM

why there is a dump  Angry

The price was largely inflated the last few days due to expectation that Solarcoin was going to be the next Palm Beach Confidential coin pick of the month, which is essentially a recommendation by one guy who thinks he knows something that other's don't and charges people $3000 a year to join his website for this privileged info (just a statement of fact, not judgement). Anyway, over the course of the last month, the "hints" that PBC was giving out all pointed toward Solarcoin as being his next pick. And today we found out that he picked Dash instead of Solarcoin. So all of the PBC followers sold their Solarcoin. There really was no other reason for this dump. We still expect the price of Solarcoin to rise in the long term, so most of us continue to hold our stashes, waiting for the $10-20 mark.
sylph93

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:39:35 AM

The price was largely inflated the last few days due to expectation that Solarcoin was going to be the next Palm Beach Confidential coin pick of the month, which is essentially a recommendation by one guy who thinks he knows something that other's don't and charges people $3000 a year to join his website for this privileged info (just a statement of fact, not judgement). Anyway, over the course of the last month, the "hints" that PBC was giving out all pointed toward Solarcoin as being his next pick. And today we found out that he picked Dash instead of Solarcoin. So all of the PBC followers sold their Solarcoin. There really was no other reason for this dump. We still expect the price of Solarcoin to rise in the long term, so most of us continue to hold our stashes, waiting for the $10-20 mark.

Nice explanation about current situation. Those who believe the future of SLR will stay. I believe.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
flatexx

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

lol, this is probably the most pathetic pump/dump I have ever seen. Think about it. the price rose from 4000sat to 10500. LOL. You call that a pump? Have a look at some real pumps in other coins. A real crypto pump is x10-x50. Wake me up when we see a real pump, not some garbage pump 100% pump attempt
Delphinus

Merit: 112

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

lol, this is probably the most pathetic pump/dump I have ever seen. Think about it. the price rose from 4000sat to 10500. LOL. You call that a pump? Have a look at some real pumps in other coins. A real crypto pump is x10-x50. Wake me up when we see a real pump, not some garbage pump 100% pump attempt

I think it was a pretty good pump. To bad I was evening for the evening and couldn't sell. Would have been nice to double up at the expense of PBC followers  Cheesy

sylph93

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:38:03 PM

In spite of PBC PnD, SLR recovered from dip. Maybe we haven't seen real pump yet.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
flatexx

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:16:11 PM

In spite of PBC PnD, SLR recovered from dip. Maybe we haven't seen real pump yet.

Thats what i was thinking! I got some cheap coins yesterday too  Grin. to the moon
missionsuccess

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:39:25 PM

Hi I have been a supporter of SLR for awhile but I haven't updated my wallet for a few years.  I don't hold much but would like to make it readily available as I like what Lykke is doing.  I have the private key can anyone help on what the next step is to get the latest version wallet set up and import the old private key?

Thanks!

2.1.6 is now live.  can get it by looking for updates in the wallet. or going to:

www.solarcoin.org
I upgraded, all working fine Smiley

Features in 2.1.6

This release adds File menu options to import/export private keys; UI improvements to the History and Claims tabs; RPC improvements to the commands makekeypair and getinfo; A new RPC command, getstakinginfo; Transaction fee reduction to 0.0001 SLR; and some bug fixes. This is a mandatory update, as the blockchain will fork at height 1440000.

the change to a .0001 SLR is to support our future IOT initiatives.
papachill

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:53:52 PM

Hmmmm wasnt watching this.... I heard PB report last week on the 15th and bought around 55 cents...... wasnt then I knew it was not going to be in PB but figured I like the coin anyway..... I didnt see the pump....... Oh well.... Im good holding.  Seems like a solid coin.
papa
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: