Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:33:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 04:26:21 AM

sunny boy can you give us any details if people are interested that where at these events?  TIA

Sure, Vipgelsi

SolarChange is currently in contact with several VC's for financing of the activity.

SolarChange website Beta is up: www.solarchange.co comments are appreciated,

SolarChange also in discussion with installers and monitoring companies for future activities

+1, great work.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 04:30:04 AM

Just wanted to say, the Solarcoin chain seems to be humming along quite nicely. My hat's off to you Steve. Well done Sir. Smiley

Thanks, we are pretty solid at ~1 minute blocks now.  Inflation is looking good too, 1.98050928%.

Is the network bandwidth still an issue for anyone?  I am 99% sure it's related to the "spam" blocks from 2.0.5 nodes.  I was about to put a trace on the getblock requests when mine suddenly quit receiving them.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Is there somewhere to download the v2.0.8 linux wallet? The link on the main solarcoin.org page is down currently.
Thanks,
-lfloorwalker

nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 11:42:03 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 05:09:14 PM by nickgogerty

Just wanted to say, the Solarcoin chain seems to be humming along quite nicely. My hat's off to you Steve. Well done Sir. Smiley

Thanks, we are pretty solid at ~1 minute blocks now.  Inflation is looking good too, 1.98050928%.

Is the network bandwidth still an issue for anyone?  I am 99% sure it's related to the "spam" blocks from 2.0.5 nodes.  I was about to put a trace on the getblock requests when mine suddenly quit receiving them.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Is there somewhere to download the v2.0.8 linux wallet? The link on the main solarcoin.org page is down currently.
Thanks,
-lfloorwalker

here is the repository directory: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/

Now fixed. 

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 05:05:49 AM

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Thanks,
-lfloorwalker

here is the repository directory: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/

Now fixed. 

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

notabeliever

Activity: 722
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:17:07 PM

Has there been any concern with the now one flagged virus in virustotal ?

Jiangmin   Trojan/StartPage.wqo

this one is supposed to change your browser homepage. Does anyone no where it is in the code and to get rid of it?
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:13:25 PM

Has there been any concern with the now one flagged virus in virustotal ?

Jiangmin   Trojan/StartPage.wqo

this one is supposed to change your browser homepage. Does anyone no where it is in the code and to get rid of it?

I'd suggest running an app called "Junkware Removal Tool".

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:28:58 PM

Who is dumping?
Catsoul

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:20:17 PM

Who is dumping?
someone is throwing off SLR for 3-4 weeks or more (
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:35:00 AM

Who is dumping?

cheap slr.

nom nom nom.

solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:03:27 PM

I would like to propose a few changes for Solarcoin block explorer : chainz.cryptoid.info

For example under the Rich List tab you can look at the wealth distribution.
It shows the following:

Wealth Distribution

Top N addresses   Holdings   Percentage
Top 10   98,001,962,572 SLR   99.97 %
Top 100   98,024,301,206 SLR   99.99 %
Top 1000   98,032,697,853 SLR   100.00 %
All 13626   98,033,762,364 SLR   100 %

This might be pushing people away from before even having done the research.
Can someone reach out to whoever is running this block explorer?
Maybe it would be better not to count the coins in the Reserve addresses in that section...

Also under the Largest Wallets tab the reserve address could have a little explanation concerning the coins that are reserved for claiming when you click on it so people don't automatically freak out about the size of those addresses Wink
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:06:43 AM

I would like to propose a few changes for Solarcoin block explorer : chainz.cryptoid.info

For example under the Rich List tab you can look at the wealth distribution.
It shows the following:

Wealth Distribution

Top N addresses   Holdings   Percentage
Top 10   98,001,962,572 SLR   99.97 %
Top 100   98,024,301,206 SLR   99.99 %
Top 1000   98,032,697,853 SLR   100.00 %
All 13626   98,033,762,364 SLR   100 %

This might be pushing people away from before even having done the research.
Can someone reach out to whoever is running this block explorer?
Maybe it would be better not to count the coins in the Reserve addresses in that section...

Also under the Largest Wallets tab the reserve address could have a little explanation concerning the coins that are reserved for claiming when you click on it so people don't automatically freak out about the size of those addresses Wink

That was why I left at first, so you can say that it definitely has a down side. I would have been one of the big coin holders too had I just mined it anyways from the start. I kick myself now since I came up with such great solutions and we have found ways to make this a non issue later. I never trust any Group holding any amount of coin and especially not that amount lol! I almost flipped last minute too since it was such a big number that they could never dump and if they did it would just dump to nil. So I erred on the side of caution.
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:26:04 AM

Now that we know the wallet and network are enhanced, I hope that those involved with the coin’s development are focusing on a very easy-to-use system for claimants. Realistically I hope that the end process is one where the claimant is able to sign up & start getting solar coins for their verified PV Systems within 15 minutes of when they begin the process itself (all in the wallet of course)…. Anything more is just too long and people will quit during setup a lot, guaranteed.

At this point I see a long haul for the low price (.03 & under) as we will need to see claimant milestones, like 10k, 100k, 1mil claimants, ect before we really see people start to pay attention, & we will need still millions more before a true barter/trade system is ubiquitous around the world for SLR like it is for BTC.

Most importantly we need more claimants & more people running the wallet since this will increase the number of people deeply invested in the network and ideologies behind it. Surely that will only lead to good things for network strength and permeation!

(hope all is well with everyone, Love the enthusiasm so far as SLR is kicking a** & taking names if you ask me so lets keep this train moving along.. no room for short-minded thinking when you have a 50+ year road in your sights)
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:45:49 AM

Now that we know the wallet and network are enhanced, I hope that those involved with the coin’s development are focusing on a very easy-to-use system for claimants. Realistically I hope that the end process is one where the claimant is able to sign up & start getting solar coins for their verified PV Systems within 15 minutes of when they begin the process itself (all in the wallet of course)…. Anything more is just too long and people will quit during setup a lot, guaranteed.

At this point I see a long haul for the low price (.03 & under) as we will need to see claimant milestones, like 10k, 100k, 1mil claimants, ect before we really see people start to pay attention, & we will need still millions more before a true barter/trade system is ubiquitous around the world for SLR like it is for BTC.

Most importantly we need more claimants & more people running the wallet since this will increase the number of people deeply invested in the network and ideologies behind it. Surely that will only lead to good things for network strength and permeation!

(hope all is well with everyone, Love the enthusiasm so far as SLR is kicking a** & taking names if you ask me so lets keep this train moving along.. no room for short-minded thinking when you have a 50+ year road in your sights)

One of the projects the foundation is working on is an automated claims process. At the moment it's still a manual process though the claims feature in the wallet was a positive step in the right direction, thank you Steve! Smiley

lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 08:04:55 AM

One of the projects the foundation is working on is an automated claims process. At the moment it's still a manual process though the claims feature in the wallet was a positive step in the right direction, thank you Steve! Smiley

Hi all,
I just met the developer who wrote offlinewallet.info.
We are now in discussions.
It is a long road ahead, because in order to have the 15 minute claim process for the affiliate site, the private keys to every public key need to be in secure database and not offline completely how we originally envisioned it. (There are ways around this that we are discussing it).
That said, the developer is talented. He is interested in SLR. He is giving me a quote for his work, if approved then we will formally ask the solarcoin foundation for support via SLR development bounty, if his quote and proposal and work history stack up.
We will also fund a part of his work.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:31:24 AM

Hi all,
I just met the developer who wrote offlinewallet.info.
We are now in discussions.
It is a long road ahead, because in order to have the 15 minute claim process for the affiliate site, the private keys to every public key need to be in secure database and not offline completely how we originally envisioned it. (There are ways around this that we are discussing it).
That said, the developer is talented. He is interested in SLR. He is giving me a quote for his work, if approved then we will formally ask the solarcoin foundation for support via SLR development bounty, if his quote and proposal and work history stack up.
We will also fund a part of his work.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

Also check with Joe (Solaris33) about the Generator Pool project we are working on. This needs to go hand in hand. I don't know how much I am allowed to say but if you are actually developing something, Joe will need to give you some input which may change your course of action.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 12:04:08 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 12:33:31 PM by nickgogerty

This is an excerpt from a working solarcoin economics paper I am working on.....

Currency is a form of money.
A currency is a social protocol agreed to represent value by the people participating and agreeing to the protocol. I accept Visa, MasterCard, Dollars, etc.  As a protocol the value of the network of participants can be reduced and calculated per the number of nodes (participants) assuming a relatively stable flow of value across the network.  Fiat works for example by booting up with a massive demand (tax settlement) and supply flow driver (govt expenditures) which pushes the network to dominance (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect network effects) in a geography.  A willingness to support the protocol is enough to be part of the network from the perspective of other nodes.  

Currency derives its value from 2 forms of economic utility, speculative and transactional.  Speculative utility which is volatile is less interesting than growing stable transactional utility which is a mix of optional acceptance and capacity for value exchange. Below are some examples of economic networks and protocols. Some of them are currencies. Note: the value of the network below in some examples only includes the network owner and not the nodes.
Here is a link
*note: where the chart above includes "closed" networks Ebay,visa, etc. the utility/node only reflects network owner utility and not the collective utility which also accrues to participants.

https://www.zapchain.com/a/93TL8NKGHF

If this analysis of currency and economic value being a network effect holds true. then SLR gets interesting at fairly small number of claimant.  and yes you are correct it needs to be easier for the solar community.  Many are working on that with a mix of online wallets, direct inverter reading and partnerships with developer/installers.  

If this assumption hold correct then each 1,000 claimants could add roughly $800k in total to the network utility (market cap) of SolarCoin as a value representing protocol.  The SolarCoin energy credit as represented by the Generator pool of 97.5 billion coins is now worth $600m http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/  This gives SolarCoin the potential to become the largest private renewable energy program in the world in comparison to this global public summary.
Source data:https://maps.foundationcenter.org/home.php

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:16:05 PM

Very nice Nick!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:51:12 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 12:09:49 AM by CryptoNick

This is an excerpt from a working solarcoin economics paper I am working on.....

Currency is a form of money.
A currency is a social protocol agreed to represent value by the people participating and agreeing to the protocol. I accept Visa, MasterCard, Dollars, etc.  As a protocol the value of the network of participants can be reduced and calculated per the number of nodes (participants) assuming a relatively stable flow of value across the network.  Fiat works for example by booting up with a massive demand (tax settlement) and supply flow driver (govt expenditures) which pushes the network to dominance (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect network effects) in a geography.  A willingness to support the protocol is enough to be part of the network from the perspective of other nodes.  

Currency derives its value from 2 forms of economic utility, speculative and transactional.  Speculative utility which is volatile is less interesting than growing stable transactional utility which is a mix of optional acceptance and capacity for value exchange. Below are some examples of economic networks and protocols. Some of them are currencies. Note: the value of the network below in some examples only includes the network owner and not the nodes.
Here is a link
*note: where the chart above includes "closed" networks Ebay,visa, etc. the utility/node only reflects network owner utility and not the collective utility which also accrues to participants.

https://www.zapchain.com/a/93TL8NKGHF

If this analysis of currency and economic value being a network effect holds true. then SLR gets interesting at fairly small number of claimant.  and yes you are correct it needs to be easier for the solar community.  Many are working on that with a mix of online wallets, direct inverter reading and partnerships with developer/installers.  

If this assumption hold correct then each 1,000 claimants could add roughly $800k in total to the network utility (market cap) of SolarCoin as a value representing protocol.  The SolarCoin energy credit as represented by the Generator pool of 97.5 billion coins is now worth $600m http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/  This gives SolarCoin the potential to become the largest private renewable energy program in the world in comparison to this global public summary.
Source data:https://maps.foundationcenter.org/home.php

The Generator Pool is only worth that much since it is not spendable at the moment. If those coins were circulating each SLR would go to the outstanding price I stated initially of the perfect equilibrium at .00000001 per SLR and 980 bitcoin or $288,120.00 current value. This would be a good thing since buyers could never lose only depending on when you buy in with BTC. This is just the harsh reality as you can't just say since SLR equals .006 per Coin right now that the Generator Pool now equals .006 per coin and X amount.

So you should rework the numbers into the 33 Million in circulation. Which is slightly less than the 98B @1 Sat=$288,120.00 vs 33M @23k Sat=$198,000.00 so consequently this mimics the same market cap outcome but leaves room to be dumped on at .00002300. Now you can really tell how much a coin is worth by the amount of buys on the exchanges. So less than 10 BTC and most buys very low (5 BTC at .00000001) means there is a weaker market cap in play. All the holders of coin are doing their part to sustain the coin by not selling though so good on them, but this will never hold up. They are holding out like VIP for buyers and they will soon realize the only way to distribute the coin is to sell and create a base for users to become a part of the economy without being dumped on too harsh later. This will push down the demand for the coin since the buyers will have tanked up and hope to either Spend the coin on something or sell higher than they bought in. Once they spend the coin it is sold to pay for goods and weak buy support drives the price down further. So implementing Merchants could kill a coins worth dramatically.

So the push back on my other ideas for the coin may be in need of review, even though they are a polar opposite scenario, which is why there is push back I understand.

There are problems when any coin can come into existence and plug itself in mathematically to a commodity and say it is worth X amount. I could create a coin of my own and buy and sell it to myself on Bittrex and say it equals the energy savings of anyone willing to claim they are a Driver of a Hybrid car, even put their VIN on the Blockchain. Suddenly I can attach worth to a coin I created out of thin air. The people using it create the worth but all I had to do is assign the coin to something and ask people to participate and buy my inflated price at Bittrex. Inflated since it costs more than .00000001.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 05:25:48 PM

SolarCoin development and marketing team now on slack. https://solarcoin.slack.com  let me know if you want invite via PM.

cryptosolar

Activity: 145
Merit: 251

- The Sun -

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:12:48 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 01:23:58 PM by cryptosolar

Hi, i just want to know how this work and what i can do to push this Coin ?  Smiley

jut check out Cryptopia nice site  Smiley

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

you can ad Solarcoin to the Voting list , i will support  Smiley

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting#requestform

Evergreencoin EGC  - #Community First
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: