Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:14:51 PM

Hello, Im trying to understand with PoST if its pointless to stake intermittently, I ususally run my machine 10 hours a day.

I understand continous staking is rewarded higher, but is intermittent staking worth it from an itnerest perspective?

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:10:52 PM

Hello, Im trying to understand with PoST if its pointless to stake intermittently, I ususally run my machine 10 hours a day.

I understand continous staking is rewarded higher, but is intermittent staking worth it from an itnerest perspective?

It really only depends on how much coin you have. If you only make a few SLR a day then the only reason to PoST is just to support the network. The more wallets the better the network. So if you want to actually make it worth while then buy a ton of coin and you will eventually get better rewards but you are up against some huge wallets for sure. But it goes by coin age so once those wallets go through their coin your coin will be the next rewarded. Once you stake it resets the age. So you will eventually average out. The larger the wallet the more attempts they get to stake. So make a big wallet if you want to compete or just support the network if it is worth it to you. This was part of the problem in price vs reward to sustain the network but fortunately there are many who will always be staking 24/7 and many of those don't sell coin either so they leave the door open to boost the price if you decide to buy.
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:22:29 PM

It really only depends on how much coin you have. If you only make a few SLR a day then the only reason to PoST is just to support the network. The more wallets the better the network. So if you want to actually make it worth while then buy a ton of coin and you will eventually get better rewards but you are up against some huge wallets for sure. But it goes by coin age so once those wallets go through their coin your coin will be the next rewarded. Once you stake it resets the age. So you will eventually average out. The larger the wallet the more attempts they get to stake. So make a big wallet if you want to compete or just support the network if it is worth it to you. This was part of the problem in price vs reward to sustain the network but fortunately there are many who will always be staking 24/7 and many of those don't sell coin either so they leave the door open to boost the price if you decide to buy.

Can you use numbers.  What is considered a large amount of slr. So far there is about 33 million in circulation.  How much would you need to really compete?

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 03:53:56 AM

Can you use numbers.  What is considered a large amount of slr. So far there is about 33 million in circulation.  How much would you need to really compete?

My 70,000 coins made a few SLR a day. Depends on what you consider worth while. A few pennies a day. I would say to go up against some of the bigger wallets around 200,000 or so. You still may not make it worth while. If the price changes then it would be worth it for sure at 70,000. 2 Dollars a day wouldn't be bad if SLR were 1 Dollar. But you would be better off selling the 70K at that point since it is $70,000.
Scalextrix

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:50:47 AM

My 70,000 coins made a few SLR a day. Depends on what you consider worth while. A few pennies a day. I would say to go up against some of the bigger wallets around 200,000 or so. You still may not make it worth while. If the price changes then it would be worth it for sure at 70,000. 2 Dollars a day wouldn't be bad if SLR were 1 Dollar. But you would be better off selling the 70K at that point since it is $70,000.
What Im seeing is with any amount of SLR the estimated time to stake is the same when i start in the morning, typically 2 days and increases throughout the day to be 7 or 8 days by the time I log off at night.  This is the same whether I have 150 or 4500 SLR.
What I am trying to find out is if my stake time from yesterday has any value today, if the wallet wasnt staking continuously.  If it did I would expect my 'coin age' to gradually increase and the time to stake gradually reduce, Im not seeing that right now.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
Snake Pliskin

Activity: 128

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 03:42:29 PM

Seem to be using a lot of bandwidth today I have only downloaded 113 MB but uploaded 2 GB today, any ideas what could be.  Huh
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:18:47 PM

Can you use numbers.  What is considered a large amount of slr. So far there is about 33 million in circulation.  How much would you need to really compete?

What Im seeing is with any amount of SLR the estimated time to stake is the same when i start in the morning, typically 2 days and increases throughout the day to be 7 or 8 days by the time I log off at night.  This is the same whether I have 150 or 4500 SLR.
What I am trying to find out is if my stake time from yesterday has any value today, if the wallet wasnt staking continuously.  If it did I would expect my 'coin age' to gradually increase and the time to stake gradually reduce, Im not seeing that right now.

Well PoST incentivizes consistent staking so leaving your wallet online is a factor but your stakes divide up against the network eventually. So whatever the value out is to make it worth it for you is what I am meaning. Obviously if it isn't worth it people won't stake plain and simple. You get more opportunities to stake with more coin just for the mere fact that your coin will be releasing and staking more. If your entire wallet splits and then eventually stakes you will have nothing left to stake while you wait for it to release. 2 percent inflation is what you can expect to average on your coin.
Scalextrix

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:32:18 PM

Can you use numbers.  What is considered a large amount of slr. So far there is about 33 million in circulation.  How much would you need to really compete?

What Im seeing is with any amount of SLR the estimated time to stake is the same when i start in the morning, typically 2 days and increases throughout the day to be 7 or 8 days by the time I log off at night.  This is the same whether I have 150 or 4500 SLR.
What I am trying to find out is if my stake time from yesterday has any value today, if the wallet wasnt staking continuously.  If it did I would expect my 'coin age' to gradually increase and the time to stake gradually reduce, Im not seeing that right now.

Well PoST incentivizes consistent staking so leaving your wallet online is a factor but your stakes divide up against the network eventually. So whatever the value out is to make it worth it for you is what I am meaning. Obviously if it isn't worth it people won't stake plain and simple. You get more opportunities to stake with more coin just for the mere fact that your coin will be releasing and staking more. If your entire wallet splits and then eventually stakes you will have nothing left to stake while you wait for it to release. 2 percent inflation is what you can expect to average on your coin.
Thanks for the answers, so I understand that my coin age should build up to at some point give me enough weight in the network to stake and get paid 2% interest.
What is the financial benefit of staking 24/7 whats the additional incentive?

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:41:14 PM

Thanks for the answers, so I understand that my coin age should build up to at some point give me enough weight in the network to stake and get paid 2% interest.
What is the financial benefit of staking 24/7 whats the additional incentive?

PoST rewards constant staking. So you want to stake as long as possible to get the rewards. Making the reward worth it was more important in the end game. This was my only gripe about PoST since most small wallets will not stake 100% of the time. So you only have big wallets, there are less big wallets, and getting more wallets online makes the security and network more robust.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:54:39 PM

.011  Grin
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 10:15:31 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 10:42:48 AM by daniobg

.011  Grin

And someone has dumped today... Anyway what are the developers doing with the project is my concern? I don't see any activity here or in the official solarcoin forum - the admin there has logged last on september  Huh

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:19:43 AM

.011  Grin

And someone has dumped today... Anyway what are the developers doing with the project is my concern? I don't se any activity here or in the official solarcoin forum - the admin there has logged last on september  Huh

As usual, whoever wants to buy at around 1000 is the one who dumps into their own bids  Smiley What you say is what they want everyone to believe, but that doesn't make it a truth.
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 11:05:54 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 11:27:45 AM by daniobg

Can we bring the coin to another exchanges? If it get to Cryptsy I think more people will know about it and be interested in to buy. And now since there is no more mining, the price must skyrocket - that last week was an example about how a small amount of BTC can drive the price UP, the problem is that more people need to know about the coin and more exchanges need to accept it. Once more people buy it, the price will go UP and eventually companies that produce solar energy will be more interested to claim their coins. What do you guys think?

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:01:20 PM

Can we bring the coin to another exchanges? If it get to Cryptsy I think more people will know about it and be interested in to buy. And now since there is no more mining, the price must skyrocket - that last week was an example about how a small amount of BTC can drive the price UP, the problem is that more people need to know about the coin and more exchanges need to accept it. Once more people buy it, the price will go UP and eventually companies that produce solar energy will be more interested to claim their coins. What do you guys think?

Yes, let's work on that.
I will be also accepting SLR payments (with big discount, plus thorough explanations on how to get SLR) on my money markets historical data website - will be using the CoinPayments.net API, since CoinPayments already have SolarCoin on their online crypto payments acceptance system. Expecting first customers as early as next week  Smiley
Scalextrix

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:00:51 PM

Yes, let's work on that.
I will be also accepting SLR payments (with big discount, plus thorough explanations on how to get SLR) on my money markets historical data website - will be using the CoinPayments.net API, since CoinPayments already have SolarCoin on their online crypto payments acceptance system. Expecting first customers as early as next week  Smiley

Where is the twitter campaign with #solarcoin, where are the facebook likes?  Its up to everyone holding SLR to get the message out, then the exchanges will come to you.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:52:40 PM

Last I heard cryptsy was having some problems, freezing withdrawals and whatnot.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:52:39 PM

Once the fool decides to stop dumping we will move along.
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:55:48 PM

I hear you there, but honestly at this point SLR (& all other cryptos) really need a more centralized exchange, rather than trying to convince ALL of them to add the coin which is just a waste of time since most exchanges will likely merge/fail/ect in the next few years...

Even if we did somehow get all other exchanges to add the coin, the next question investors in those exchanges will ask is "Where are the claimants?" just like we all did.. so until you fix that issue you can have this coin on all the exchanges you want but that will only lead to more speculation and less intrinsic value overall.

What we need:   More funding> More devs > better GUI's > a Live & active Claims process that is easy to use

We can spread the word all we want, but until SLR is actually backed by those creating PV energy this will all just be one massively volatile coin that will never see north of .05c   Shocked
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:48:19 PM

I hear you there, but honestly at this point SLR (& all other cryptos) really need a more centralized exchange, rather than trying to convince ALL of them to add the coin which is just a waste of time since most exchanges will likely merge/fail/ect in the next few years...

Even if we did somehow get all other exchanges to add the coin, the next question investors in those exchanges will ask is "Where are the claimants?" just like we all did.. so until you fix that issue you can have this coin on all the exchanges you want but that will only lead to more speculation and less intrinsic value overall.

What we need:   More funding> More devs > better GUI's > a Live & active Claims process that is easy to use

We can spread the word all we want, but until SLR is actually backed by those creating PV energy this will all just be one massively volatile coin that will never see north of .05c   Shocked

SLR does need more claimants that's right. But you're wrong about the price.
Things are looking pretty good again for Bitcoin. Whoever is selling right now either has too much invested in SLR or has no idea what he is doing.
Anyway Im happy with my coins and I will continuously be staking. Buckle up your seatbelts because crypto madness 3.0 might be right around the corner Wink

Remember SLR is meant to be used with Bitcoin, so upwards movement in Bitcoin is also good for Solarcoin. even if it's not showing in the price right now
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:10:11 PM

SLR does need more claimants that's right. But you're wrong about the price.
Things are looking pretty good again for Bitcoin. Whoever is selling right now either has too much invested in SLR or has no idea what he is doing.
Anyway Im happy with my coins and I will continuously be staking. Buckle up your seatbelts because crypto madness 3.0 might be right around the corner Wink

Remember SLR is meant to be used with Bitcoin, so upwards movement in Bitcoin is also good for Solarcoin. even if it's not showing in the price right now

Agree to disagree.. also SLR wasn't "meant to be used with Bitcoin" or anything else for that matter. It like any other crypto or fiat is it's own system and can be speculated upon and invested in from any # of ways.

Other crypto holders can trade around to inc/dec price as they try to cash in on huge % swings, but until SLR gets Claimants to increase drastically those shifts in price will always be pumps and dumps, NOT a real display of value from the energy being represented in SLR as Claimants capture pure PV energy.

Maybe the price will go above 5c, but until there is real energy-value added to the network it will purely be speculation and therefore a giant crock of S#% if you ask me.. the question is, is that speculation needed initially to (pump) price & bring in more PV users.. or will they sign up because they want to push the ideology?
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: