Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:04:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:01:05 PM

As a domestic claimant I do feel the RoI on this coin is incredibly small, I have a ~4kW array which in the UK is the max for a private person and I will get ~ 6 SLR per year, even if it goes to $20 per SLR, thats a pretty small carrot on the end of a stick that many people just dont understand right now.  I was already experimenting with crypto so for me its not an issue.

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

I sound negative, Im really not but the barriers to entry are high.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:15:24 PM

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

LOVE this idea... how would you have the installers distribute the coin to their customers once done? Would you have them give it out in advance or simply dump them into some kind of online wallet attached to their PV account?

Also I agree that the coin could go to $100 each & that may still not be enough for most people these days ROI-wise, but hopefully if this coin lasts decades then one day it will be so cheap to buy PV you might as well sign up for SLR too as that could help you pay off the system you bought much faster.

My mind is exploding right now.. thanks for the feedback!!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:10:40 PM

.011  Grin

And someone has dumped today... Anyway what are the developers doing with the project is my concern? I don't see any activity here or in the official solarcoin forum - the admin there has logged last on september  Huh

That wasn't a dump. Check the price of BitCoin and you will see why you shouldn't leave your buys on an exchange if you don't want to pay extra for your coin. At .000019 it would be .007 per share. So all buys above that got eaten up. It just shows that someone wants the price to stay at around .007 or about a penny. So the price just stayed the same as it was.

Agree to disagree.. also SLR wasn't "meant to be used with Bitcoin" or anything else for that matter.

SLR is Pegged to BitCoin so yes they go hand in hand and is used with BitCoin since unless you have Solar to claim you must use BitCoin to buy SLR with and Claimers Value BitCoin since that is what they are Claiming for valuation of. Again if the price goes up you have more claimers selling their claim coin and pushing the price down. But there is such a glut of coin right now vs buyers that it would take pure manipulation to make the price go up. So this is the disparity since no one wants to get dumped on and buy just to get trounced later.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:26:09 PM

Once the fool decides to stop dumping we will move along.

"The fool" uses every chance they have to be able to continue to try to BUY as low as possible as many SLR as possible.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:30:43 PM

.011  Grin

And someone has dumped today... Anyway what are the developers doing with the project is my concern? I don't see any activity here or in the official solarcoin forum - the admin there has logged last on september  Huh

That wasn't a dump. Check the price of BitCoin and you will see why you shouldn't leave your buys on an exchange if you don't want to pay extra for your coin. At .000019 it would be .007 per share. So all buys above that got eaten up. It just shows that someone wants the price to stay at around .007 or about a penny. So the price just stayed the same as it was.

Agree to disagree.. also SLR wasn't "meant to be used with Bitcoin" or anything else for that matter.

SLR is Pegged to BitCoin so yes they go hand in hand and is used with BitCoin since unless you have Solar to claim you must use BitCoin to buy SLR with and Claimers Value BitCoin since that is what they are Claiming for valuation of. Again if the price goes up you have more claimers selling their claim coin and pushing the price down. But there is such a glut of coin right now vs buyers that it would take pure manipulation to make the price go up. So this is the disparity since no one wants to get dumped on and buy just to get trounced later.

Since there are so few claimants, the price going down is pure manipulation, too. There is no "free market" for SLR yet, so it's up to us, the initial investors, to manipulate the price to a level that will be more attractive for the possible (future) claimants to start claiming their SLR.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:13:57 PM

I wouldn't state it that way. So delete that. I would state it that you are already doing your best by not selling.

I have put forth my ideas in slack to be determined if it is discussed here. These ideas take care of the price and create an exponential growth immediately without any manipulation at all.
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:11:44 PM

SLR and BTC may go hand in hand, but SLR wasn't "designed to work with" any other currency.. it is focused specifically on token distribution for proof of capturing PV.. end of story.

If I can print off 1 SLR and sell it to you for $1, or 3 chickens, or .0005 BTC then the currency wasn't "designed to work that way" its just a commodity we can trade with and for like anything else.   Cheesy

BTW using an online exchange is only ONE way to get coins.. technically there are a vast number of ways any crypto can be acquired and that cannot be overlooked when judging price, adoption rate, and liquidity as we are doing right now.
Scalextrix

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:46:41 PM

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

LOVE this idea... how would you have the installers distribute the coin to their customers once done? Would you have them give it out in advance or simply dump them into some kind of online wallet attached to their PV account?

Also I agree that the coin could go to $100 each & that may still not be enough for most people these days ROI-wise, but hopefully if this coin lasts decades then one day it will be so cheap to buy PV you might as well sign up for SLR too as that could help you pay off the system you bought much faster.

My mind is exploding right now.. thanks for the feedback!!
Ha ha glad I could blow your mind. I think the installers could see if clients want the SLR directly, if not it could be set off against maintenance/cleaning costs, thats like a little loyalty programme for the installer.

Another thought I had was about integrating Solarcoin.  I have Enphase inverters and I keep reading that they consider themselves a software company not a hardware company, they are gathering tons of data that must be costing them a fair bit, seems like they could be doing that in the blockchain.  Solarcoin could be a great fit for them in terms of additional revenue/loyalty points.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:27:53 PM

Well one thing is certain. Price volatility promotes discussion. That's always a good thing when the cause is just.

nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 03:14:15 AM

As a domestic claimant I do feel the RoI on this coin is incredibly small, I have a ~4kW array which in the UK is the max for a private person and I will get ~ 6 SLR per year, even if it goes to $20 per SLR, thats a pretty small carrot on the end of a stick that many people just dont understand right now.  I was already experimenting with crypto so for me its not an issue.

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

Thanks for chiming in.  There are some things underway to help with making SolarCoin grow, these will be posted to the site in the coming weeks.  The SolarCoin Foundation is now a US Public Benefit Corporation.

There are conversations ongoing with Affiliates to build out websites and share technology in US, EU and Japan.

The EU team is applying for VC and working on Tech incubator applications.

We are on #slack and setting up a weekly standing call for marketing and outreach. 

There is also some work being done for Simple 2-3 minute cartoon explanations of SolarCoin and Currency dynamics using powtoons by the foundation. 

All of this will be updated and released in the coming weeks. 

If you know of solar developers interested please let me know. I will introduce them to affiliate site builders. If you know of people who would like to set-up affiliate sites or sub-affiliates (sub license) tech under the hood from affiliates PM me and I will introduce you.  There are many countries and territories wide open.  Affiliates get a % of claimants as a referal payment from the foundation.  Our focus is on developer and Claimant outreach. 

This is going to be done with messaging, marketing and biz dev relationships via a country and regional affiliate/ sub affiliate network using web based wallets, direct inverter tie-ins to the blockchain and other tech.  I am happy to put technologists, solar developers and others in touch.

Just FYI a $20 SLR on a 5KW roof over 25 years= 187.5 SLR= $3,750 so it is interesting at the margin.  a 5KW system in the US would cost about $20k. http://www.solar-nation.org/how-much-does-a-solar-system-cost-these-days  As the cost of solar installs goes down that marginal incentive becomes more interesting.  If one assumes each claimant produces $800 in value to the currency network https://www.zapchain.com/a/93TL8NKGHF  a $20/SLR price point  assuming 100m circulating float requires 2.5m participants. A big number but not impossible in the context of global energy and a current 6m solar generators growing 20-30% annually.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
Scalextrix

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:15:53 AM

Thanks for chiming in.  There are some things underway to help with making SolarCoin grow, these will be posted to the site in the coming weeks.  The SolarCoin Foundation is now a US Public Benefit Corporation.

There are conversations ongoing with Affiliates to build out websites and share technology in US, EU and Japan.

The EU team is applying for VC and working on Tech incubator applications.

We are on #slack and setting up a weekly standing call for marketing and outreach. 

There is also some work being done for Simple 2-3 minute cartoon explanations of SolarCoin and Currency dynamics using powtoons by the foundation. 

All of this will be updated and released in the coming weeks. 

If you know of solar developers interested please let me know. I will introduce them to affiliate site builders. If you know of people who would like to set-up affiliate sites or sub-affiliates (sub license) tech under the hood from affiliates PM me and I will introduce you.  There are many countries and territories wide open.  Affiliates get a % of claimants as a referal payment from the foundation.  Our focus is on developer and Claimant outreach. 

This is going to be done with messaging, marketing and biz dev relationships via a country and regional affiliate/ sub affiliate network using web based wallets, direct inverter tie-ins to the blockchain and other tech.  I am happy to put technologists, solar developers and others in touch.

Just FYI a $20 SLR on a 5KW roof over 25 years= 187.5 SLR= $3,750 so it is interesting at the margin.  a 5KW system in the US would cost about $20k. http://www.solar-nation.org/how-much-does-a-solar-system-cost-these-days  As the cost of solar installs goes down that marginal incentive becomes more interesting.  If one assumes each claimant produces $800 in value to the currency network https://www.zapchain.com/a/93TL8NKGHF  a $20/SLR price point  assuming 100m circulating float requires 2.5m participants. A big number but not impossible in the context of global energy and a current 6m solar generators growing 20-30% annually.
Good to hear this work is ongoing, I think you will need industry partners to get the word out and help de-mystify crypto for the average man in the street.  Im up for my first year maintenance call from my installer, Ill definately talk to them about Solarcoin and if they are interested I will get in touch.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:58:21 PM

Great things ahead for solarcoin!   Cool
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:17:26 PM

Yes indeed. I believe in Solarcoin and that it will have a bright future!
Although I bought Solarcoin early back a few years ago I am still buying. The more I think about it, the more I want to buy.
There is no doubt in my mind that SLR deserves to be on more popular exchanges and that it has huge potential.
I can't believe people are actually buying into loads of shitty coins on cryptsy and other exchanges. Solarcoin is so much better in every way that most other altcoins out there. It's just a fact.
I really hope people will come to realize that Solar energy is the way to go Wink
And last but not least thank you to whoever has been crashing the price so I can buy some more
Lets spread the word and give Solarcoin the attention it deserves.
To the Sun!  Cool

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:45:17 AM

The price didn't crash, BitCoin value went up. The price stayed the same .006
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 05:56:32 AM

The price didn't crash, BitCoin value went up. The price stayed the same .006

One can also argue that the "value" stayed the same when considering the solarcoin network of holders/claimants/nodes is stable.  Grow the nodes>grow value and price will take care of itself.  Price and Value are 2 different things.
"Price is pictured as a balloon hovering over the goose [who lays golden eggs], connected to it by a stretchy string. As the goose's intrinsic value wanders slowly forward…or backward…the price balloon gets bounced to and fro by gusts of hot air and opinions expressed as traded prices."
more here https://www.pinterest.com/columbiaup/the-nature-of-value/

or better yet.  Benjamin graham and Warren Buffet: http://news.morningstar.com/classroom2/course.asp?docId=142901&page=7

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:49:42 AM

OK, here is a 1st and admittedly bad attempt V0.1 at a video to explain solarcoin. 

https://www.powtoon.com/online-presentation/d1RtNtx0hVS/solarcoin/#/

anybody else want to take a shot ?   my V.02 will get better.

Nick

Nick70001

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:45:46 AM

OK, here is a 1st and admittedly bad attempt V0.1 at a video to explain solarcoin. 

Nick

Just had a look. Nice video. It provides all the relevant info and is fun. I will share it around.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 02:06:40 PM

Nick

Just had a look. Nice video. It provides all the relevant info and is fun. I will share it around.

here is the youtube link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR9R6R3iaiI

and the embed code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yR9R6R3iaiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:54:10 PM

Not bad at all.
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 06:09:07 AM

Hi all,

Please find attached the white paper, we are in the final stages of review.
If someone sees a red-flag, please let me know asap.

Title: "A Renewable Energy Powered Trustless Value Transfer Network
A Solar Powered SolarCoin Generator Node and a Process to Generate SolarCoin from the Sun Automatically."

https://www.solcrypto.com/en/node/31

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: