Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:23:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:53:47 PM

Hi all,

Please find attached the white paper, we are in the final stages of review.
If someone sees a red-flag, please let me know asap.

Title: "A Renewable Energy Powered Trustless Value Transfer Network
A Solar Powered SolarCoin Generator Node and a Process to Generate SolarCoin from the Sun Automatically."

https://www.solcrypto.com/en/node/31

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

reading now and will leave feedback.. thanks luke!!   Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:18:44 PM

I have noticed when I exit the wallet the process fails to close and I have to close it.  Win 10 x64

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:54:42 AM

I have noticed when I exit the wallet the process fails to close and I have to close it.  Win 10 x64

Win 10 problem most likely, the NSA has to check your wallet before you close it. lol
Scalextrix

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:36:19 AM

Win 10 problem most likely, the NSA has to check your wallet before you close it. lol
Im in the UK so they subcontract that to GCHQ 😁
If the devs could check it out as it would be very confusing for newbies, if you try to relauch you then get errors cos it cant get a lock.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:47:50 AM

I have noticed when I exit the wallet the process fails to close and I have to close it.  Win 10 x64

If the devs could check it out as it would be very confusing for newbies, if you try to relauch you then get errors cos it cant get a lock.

Oh, I did ask about a similar error I had in Win7. I will now re-post the message here.
EDIT: Here is the forum message:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785257.msg12588895#msg12588895

Here is the link to the error snapshot - is the one you are getting similar?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgq6gma757g0ixh/SolarCoin-2.0b12-2.PNG?dl=0
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:01:13 PM

I have noticed when I exit the wallet the process fails to close and I have to close it.  Win 10 x64

Oh, I did ask about a similar error I had in Win7. I will now re-post the message here.
EDIT: Here is the forum message:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785257.msg12588895#msg12588895

Here is the link to the error snapshot - is the one you are getting similar?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgq6gma757g0ixh/SolarCoin-2.0b12-2.PNG?dl=0

I had zero errors on my wallet in windows 7. I wonder if it is an update causing it. I did a fresh install of Win7 too. Have you ever ran MemTest on your computer? Have you ran Chkdsk /f to verify hard drive integrity? Might be worth checking the system out first. Also sometimes you can have firewall and anti-virus interfering with the program. Just a short list to check on first to diagnose.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:13:01 PM

I wonder if Whoever is pushing the price down actually thinks people are going to sell at these ridiculous prices. As far as I can tell, Someone is buying and selling their own coins on bittrex. This is the same person who is pushing the price down.
The question is:
 is he trying to short because that's a dangerous game to play when you're the only one actually selling.  Wink
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 12:12:20 AM

I wonder if Whoever is pushing the price down actually thinks people are going to sell at these ridiculous prices. As far as I can tell, Someone is buying and selling their own coins on bittrex. This is the same person who is pushing the price down.
The question is:
 is he trying to short because that's a dangerous game to play when you're the only one actually selling.  Wink

Actually, that was me selling. I've watched and participated for almost two years and in all that time someone has been purposefully capping the price at a penny. We've all witnessed it, it's not even news anymore.  Cheesy

At first I assumed it was just some nutjob crackpot in his 40's who had severe control issues symbolic of mental illness of some sort, schizophrenia maybe with a healthy heaping of paranoia mixed with some sprinkles of OCD. But for the life of me, I can't imagine even a person like that having the staying power like this guy has. It just isn't logical to assume that after all this time, one person would be crazy enough to obsessively control the price of an obscure coin in an obscure corner of the digital universe that has no more than a couple dozen people even paying attention. The odds of that hypothesis being true are so small that there has to be some other variable in the equation that has been carefully omitted from this whole story.

For what rational purpose then would someone try to control the price of this coin since its inception? Who benefits from that? Someone who has completed deluded themselves into thinking this coin would save the world? Or someone who wanted to take advantage of people who would be deluded into thinking this coin will save the world? Or perhaps both?

I still don't know the answers to these questions but I do have a lot of data gathered and a fairly informed opinion given the time horizon I've been part of this little experiment. One conclusion I have made for myself is this: I choose to no longer be a part of this experiment. I sincerely hope it works out for those choosing to continue their involvement. And for the individual(s) working day and night to control the price of this coin, may you be blessed with a reward equal to your efforts that will inspire the courage within you to begin allowing some things in your life to occur naturally. And know that such an obsessive focus on control is not rational, it is quite the opposite, it is an emotional decision rooted in fear that you have cleverly convinced yourself is the right thing to do, for whatever reason.

And with that, I bid you all adieu! Cheesy I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here in this quiet little corner of the Universe and I have gained much insight into the nature of man and how that is ultimately what defines the nature of value. I have also come to understand my own nature during this time and this particular experiment no longer matches my definition of value, therefore I am moving on.

Again, best wishes to all of you in the fight for freedom. Our goals are still the same, I'm simply choosing a different path to get there. Kiss

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:20:01 AM

The question is:

The price didn't go down, it is the same and consider that Storj Coin has functionality and is now at a penny so SolarCoin is considered very expensive right now. So we can all just be thankful someone is manipulating the market and keeping everyone from dumping out down to the low buys. Large holders could still just sell and buy the silly 50 orders and reboost the coin back up so really no need to worry at all.

I put a few real low buys since I know that no one will be able to wait 40 years till the price goes up. They will sell eventually if no one buys. There is no use for the coin either so liquidity doesn't even come into play at all.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:26:44 AM

The question is:

Actually, that was me selling. I've watched and participated for almost two years and in all that time someone has been purposefully capping the price at a penny. We've all witnessed it, it's not even news anymore.  Cheesy

At first I assumed it was just some nutjob crackpot in his 40's who had severe control issues symbolic of mental illness of some sort, schizophrenia maybe with a healthy heaping of paranoia mixed with some sprinkles of OCD. But for the life of me, I can't imagine even a person like that having the staying power like this guy has. It just isn't logical to assume that after all this time, one person would be crazy enough to obsessively control the price of an obscure coin in an obscure corner of the digital universe that has no more than a couple dozen people even paying attention. The odds of that hypothesis being true are so small that there has to be some other variable in the equation that has been carefully omitted from this whole story.

For what rational purpose then would someone try to control the price of this coin since its inception? Who benefits from that? Someone who has completed deluded themselves into thinking this coin would save the world? Or someone who wanted to take advantage of people who would be deluded into thinking this coin will save the world? Or perhaps both?

I still don't know the answers to these questions but I do have a lot of data gathered and a fairly informed opinion given the time horizon I've been part of this little experiment. One conclusion I have made for myself is this: I choose to no longer be a part of this experiment. I sincerely hope it works out for those choosing to continue their involvement. And for the individual(s) working day and night to control the price of this coin, may you be blessed with a reward equal to your efforts that will inspire the courage within you to begin allowing some things in your life to occur naturally. And know that such an obsessive focus on control is not rational, it is quite the opposite, it is an emotional decision rooted in fear that you have cleverly convinced yourself is the right thing to do, for whatever reason.

And with that, I bid you all adieu! Cheesy I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here in this quiet little corner of the Universe and I have gained much insight into the nature of man and how that is ultimately what defines the nature of value. I have also come to understand my own nature during this time and this particular experiment no longer matches my definition of value, therefore I am moving on.

Again, best wishes to all of you in the fight for freedom. Our goals are still the same, I'm simply choosing a different path to get there. Kiss

It is really that obvious huh... I couldn't have stated it better and I wish you all the best on your path!
Nick70001

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:43:17 AM

The question is:

Very sad to see you go Epiphany. It was your original interview on the LTB network that got me interested in this project. Hopefully things will improve and we will see you around the forum in the future.
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:07:47 AM

The question is:

Sorry to see you go.  I have thought many time to get out of SLR but I have way to much at this point and the volume isn't enough  I figure I will stick around for a bit longer.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:48:14 AM

Sad to see you go.
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 04:52:36 AM

The question is:

Very sad to see you go Epiphany. It was your original interview on the LTB network that got me interested in this project. Hopefully things will improve and we will see you around the forum in the future.
Sorry to see you go Epiphany. I am sure you will be back at some stage.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 04:53:50 AM

Hi all,

Please find attached the white paper, we are in the final stages of review.
If someone sees a red-flag, please let me know asap.

Title: "A Renewable Energy Powered Trustless Value Transfer Network
A Solar Powered SolarCoin Generator Node and a Process to Generate SolarCoin from the Sun Automatically."

https://www.solcrypto.com/en/node/31

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

reading now and will leave feedback.. thanks luke!!   Smiley
Thanks Matt, we are writing the code parts now.
I am talking to the back end database as well. We need to link back end database with the API.
Cheers,
lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:22:08 AM

The question is:

LOL so you are leaving the coin because bots obviously control the price? Why do you care? Why can you just hold onto the coins instead of selling them for basically no cash at all & simply not add more time or money to SLR in protest?  Makes no sense and honestly people who get hurt by coin prices take things too personally so maybe the need to go at that point or get real and stop bitching....  Sounds to me like you wanted the coin to go up in price and are mad that it hasn't, which is not a very good mindset to carry into investing if the project is a know long, term one when we are like 2 years into a 40+ year attempt.

Price & control are something no one will ever have over any coin really in a meaningful way, so no reason to worry or bail as those are premature and biased assumptions at best within a very small community of people under and extremely volatile period of time.

This coin is basically worth the lint in my couch right now so who cares if we bury it for 50 years.. patience people, and all who want to bail I will take your cheap coins ALL day!!!
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 05:23:36 AM

The question is:
 is he trying to short because that's a dangerous game to play when you're the only one actually selling.  Wink

Actually, that was me selling. I've watched and participated for almost two years and in all that time someone has been purposefully capping the price at a penny. We've all witnessed it, it's not even news anymore.  Cheesy

Sorry to see you go Epiphany. I am sure you will be back at some stage.

I respect your opinions and actions, as we all need to act in the way we believe is best for our long term futures. All the best on your path, and thank you for the thoughts and efforts you have contributed. I hope we can collectively honor those efforts by building an increasingly meaningful project. I invite anyone interested in seeing ongoing efforts to PM me for access to Slack. It is a parallel channel to this forum for development/affiliate development and marketing.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:53:03 AM

The question is:

I'll miss you on the forums Epiphany. Keep in touch on Facebook. I always enjoy our chats and occasional phone calls. Smiley

ktfutura

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:15:22 AM

The question is:

that was a really long winded way to say you dumped your SLR on everybody, haha, see you asses later.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:28:11 AM

The question is:
 is he trying to short because that's a dangerous game to play when you're the only one actually selling.  Wink

Actually, that was me selling. I've watched and participated for almost two years and in all that time someone has been purposefully capping the price at a penny. We've all witnessed it, it's not even news anymore.  Cheesy

Im sorry to hear that you are leaving this community...Just keep dumping and fill my bags with cheap SLR!
Just like I already told you, one person cannot change the fate of Solarcoin. I understand that it's frustrating watching the price move because someone decides to manipulate the sh*t out of it.
As Solarcoin grows and becomes more popular these problems will fade as every one as individual has less power to control the market.
Good luck to you and hope to see you back sometime here sometime.
But again, thank you for selling. Not only because I can stock up, but also because ''mr ghost''will have less influence right now, because the coins are simply cheaper and there is nothing left to dump Wink he must be pissed. Playing god just to realize he has too many coins and has nowhere to dump Smiley. At least you are testing SLR resistance levels  haha. take care
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: