Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:18:24 PM

corather i agree 100%
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:21:40 PM

Cool thanks!!!

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:37:42 PM

What should have happened is the 33 Million coin should have been deleted
Correct me if i am wrong, but the 33 million is now what sustains the actual blockchain with POST ? if removed, how can it works? it's not only a market, it's also a blockchain.

The coins get rolled into the 10K or 100K and meet the marketcap of $100 per coin. There is no loss of money or investment from the people who mined the first coins. They didn't exactly pay that much for the coins either, but people who bought in may have quite a few BTC invested. That is also to say they didn't pay as much as it costs to Claim too. I know it represents the previous generated solar but that is a mute issue since the coin needs Claimers in the here and now not represent the previous Solar Generation. But it would still be represented come to think of it just in a better way.

What would happen is the coin would fork when the new Smart Contracts are in place. There may be no better time than that to do it since SLR would also be containing the Generator Pool.

So by doing an even exchange for the existing coin that cuts the current wallets down to size and then the Price would be allowed to boost without profit takers to $100 per coin or whatever the proper price is per MWH by the market.

People will buy these coins and support the Claims. Pretty simple.

If there are more Claims than buyers that is a good problem to have since you still give out the claims and the actual monetary trade value can officially always be PEGGED at X per MWH which you do not need an Exchange for. Say you want to trade your old PlayStation to someone holding SLR. Now lets say the going Price for SLR on the exchange is $20 or really really low... But all holders of SLR agree that Trade is always at $100 per coin.

When Merchants are involved then the actual Market Price is used so they can get their costs out of their goods. But for normal trade the base is stable at the actual Price world wide. It could be a magic number too and this way it always stays the same. Then the only thing holding the economy back is Claiming or buying new solar panels to then produce more coin and Trade with or Sell to people at Low or possibly High prices. This makes the most sense because the Trading is something of Value for a Green Investment where people who support the coin understand that 1 to 1 with the magic number is ok since this is supporting the economy and mindset. Also when you sell lets say a used PlayStation to a Claimer or holder of SLR coin you can do it for retail even though the PS is used. Like I am trading a $300 PS for 3 SLR $100 Magic Number Coins and you show no depreciation if you wish to trade further with another person. So you take that 3 SLR you got for your PlayStation and you buy an item from someone else that you really want or finalize and depreciate by going to a Merchant to buy a product off the shelf at retail and let them take the risk in the market. The merchant may hold their profits too and create a hedge later but this is volatile and why the actual market is dangerous for merchants. But Trade should be easy to adopt.

People can buy coins now and support claims, I don't see a need to artificially impose a value. The value of the coin will rise to what the market thinks the coins value is worth. Right now the foundation is solidifying, which is reflected in recent activity. More value will be inserted into the technology as the technology increases its worth. In the world of crypto currency, doing anything remotely close to what's being achieved with Solarcoin is nothing short of a miracle. What's to stop claimants from buying more coins now while the value is lower and increasing their own potential profits and insuring more solar panels will be installed? Nothing, in fact several claimants have done just that and will continue to do so increasing both the circulation of the coin and it's value.

It is not artificial, it is based on the premise that 1SLR=1MWH and if Trade is adopted then now you don't need an Exchange. This is why it is important to PEG the price at the 1MWH cost or Magic number. This isn't artificial since the costs of energy go into everything. The costs of energy to make the Playstation now translate into SLR as trade. I only suggested a face value but it could be traded for .02 of an SLR at the PEGGED Magic number.

We all know exchanges can go belly up or steal your coins too so why force people to go and buy coins and then sell coins? Why not just use BitCoin in that case since you have to facilitate BitCoin in every transaction. Why would someone go to the trouble to Buy BitCoin to then Buy SLR to then spend at a Merchant who then goes to sell at a loss on the exchange? Ridiculous! This is the dilemma that an exchange and 33 million coins brings into the picture. Churning out BitCoin to support the economy makes SolarCoin dependent on BitCoin. It doesn't get rid of BitCoin or make it Greener. It makes certain people richer too by keeping the 33 Million. If there were only 10,000 coins and claimers knew people were holding and investing first of all they may not even sell, secondly if they do sell then this was PAID for and given to someone who put money into their SOLAR PANELS! Not some POW hasher who got in on the huge block rewards.

In any case these POW and Investors would be able to get their money out or stabilize it and support the project. Now do you think Solar Claimers would buy some of the 10,000 coin? Do you think they would buy slightly cheaper than the magic number? Don't you think this would be a great market for claimers and all holders of SLR? Instead of waiting for the slow ebb and flow of the buys and sells going into BitCoin people could actually use the coin at the intended price. Well they could do that with the 33 Million too but they would be risking it to all the POW coin that is not distributed to the masses yet and may never be distributed since they compete with claimers selling too now.

That is funny that you say Claimers are buying coin to try to augment the cost of their solar purchase by selling later. This was my main opposition within the first ideas I proposed in order to boost the price of SLR. The Devs told me Claimers don't want to buy SLR. Buying a CD type mechanism to create SLR with each Claim. Forcing Claimers to buy coin to hold with their Claim in order to pay out their Claim, and they would also get Network Fees rolled in as incentive. Kind of like staking but with a Claim it would boost in PoST and with Fees gained.

The only reason an exchange is needed would be to pay for Merchants costs of goods. Since anyone can adopt and use SolarCoin by buying Solar Panels and it is given for free. So we need a delineation of Merchants vs Trade and also less competition in that market in order for Merchants to thrive. I had found a way around all of this and I gave it to SolarCoin. The idea was rejected and I am working on implementing elsewhere. The idea will bring much of these concepts to life and may attract attention with the ability to use Android and iPhone in a very cool way. I am in development as we speak. Again I offered this to SolarCoin and gave first rights of refusal in Slack but the idea was refused.
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:45:13 PM

Correct me if i am wrong, but the 33 million is now what sustains the actual blockchain with POST ? if removed, how can it works? it's not only a market, it's also a blockchain.

The coins get rolled into the 10K or 100K and meet the marketcap of $100 per coin. There is no loss of money or investment from the people who mined the first coins. They didn't exactly pay that much for the coins either, but people who bought in may have quite a few BTC invested. That is also to say they didn't pay as much as it costs to Claim too. I know it represents the previous generated solar but that is a mute issue since the coin needs Claimers in the here and now not represent the previous Solar Generation. But it would still be represented come to think of it just in a better way.

What would happen is the coin would fork when the new Smart Contracts are in place. There may be no better time than that to do it since SLR would also be containing the Generator Pool.

So by doing an even exchange for the existing coin that cuts the current wallets down to size and then the Price would be allowed to boost without profit takers to $100 per coin or whatever the proper price is per MWH by the market.

If there are more Claims than buyers that is a good problem to have since you still give out the claims and the actual monetary trade value can officially always be PEGGED at X per MWH which you do not need an Exchange for. Say you want to trade your old PlayStation to someone holding SLR. Now lets say the going Price for SLR on the exchange is $20 or really really low... But all holders of SLR agree that Trade is always at $100 per coin.

When Merchants are involved then the actual Market Price is used so they can get their costs out of their goods. But for normal trade the base is stable at the actual Price world wide. It could be a magic number too and this way it always stays the same. Then the only thing holding the economy back is Claiming or buying new solar panels to then produce more coin and Trade with or Sell to people at Low or possibly High prices. This makes the most sense because the Trading is something of Value for a Green Investment where people who support the coin understand that 1 to 1 with the magic number is ok since this is supporting the economy and mindset. Also when you sell lets say a used PlayStation to a Claimer or holder of SLR coin you can do it for retail even though the PS is used. Like I am trading a $300 PS for 3 SLR $100 Magic Number Coins and you show no depreciation if you wish to trade further with another person. So you take that 3 SLR you got for your PlayStation and you buy an item from someone else that you really want or finalize and depreciate by going to a Merchant to buy a product off the shelf at retail and let them take the risk in the market. The merchant may hold their profits too and create a hedge later but this is volatile and why the actual market is dangerous for merchants. But Trade should be easy to adopt.

People can buy coins now and support claims, I don't see a need to artificially impose a value. The value of the coin will rise to what the market thinks the coins value is worth. Right now the foundation is solidifying, which is reflected in recent activity. More value will be inserted into the technology as the technology increases its worth. In the world of crypto currency, doing anything remotely close to what's being achieved with Solarcoin is nothing short of a miracle. What's to stop claimants from buying more coins now while the value is lower and increasing their own potential profits and insuring more solar panels will be installed? Nothing, in fact several claimants have done just that and will continue to do so increasing both the circulation of the coin and it's value.

It is not artificial, it is based on the premise that 1SLR=1MWH and if Trade is adopted then now you don't need an Exchange. This is why it is important to PEG the price at the 1MWH cost or Magic number. This isn't artificial since the costs of energy go into everything. The costs of energy to make the Playstation now translate into SLR as trade. I only suggested a face value but it could be traded for .02 of an SLR at the PEGGED Magic number.

We all know exchanges can go belly up or steal your coins too so why force people to go and buy coins and then sell coins? Why not just use BitCoin in that case since you have to facilitate BitCoin in every transaction. Why would someone go to the trouble to Buy BitCoin to then Buy SLR to then spend at a Merchant who then goes to sell at a loss on the exchange? Ridiculous! This is the dilemma that an exchange and 33 million coins brings into the picture. Churning out BitCoin to support the economy makes SolarCoin dependent on BitCoin. It doesn't get rid of BitCoin or make it Greener. It makes certain people richer too by keeping the 33 Million. If there were only 10,000 coins and claimers knew people were holding and investing first of all they may not even sell, secondly if they do sell then this was PAID for and given to someone who put money into their SOLAR PANELS! Not some POW hasher who got in on the huge block rewards.

In any case these POW and Investors would be able to get their money out or stabilize it and support the project. Now do you think Solar Claimers would buy some of the 10,000 coin? Do you think they would buy slightly cheaper than the magic number? Don't you think this would be a great market for claimers and all holders of SLR? Instead of waiting for the slow ebb and flow of the buys and sells going into BitCoin people could actually use the coin at the intended price. Well they could do that with the 33 Million too but they would be risking it to all the POW coin that is not distributed to the masses yet and may never be distributed since they compete with claimers selling too now.

That is funny that you say Claimers are buying coin to try to augment the cost of their solar purchase by selling later. This was my main opposition within the first ideas I proposed in order to boost the price of SLR. The Devs told me Claimers don't want to buy SLR. Buying a CD type mechanism to create SLR with each Claim. Forcing Claimers to buy coin to hold with their Claim in order to pay out their Claim, and they would also get Network Fees rolled in as incentive. Kind of like staking but with a Claim it would boost in PoST and with Fees gained.

The only reason an exchange is needed would be to pay for Merchants costs of goods. Since anyone can adopt and use SolarCoin by buying Solar Panels and it is given for free. So we need a delineation of Merchants vs Trade and also less competition in that market in order for Merchants to thrive. I had found a way around all of this and I gave it to SolarCoin. The idea was rejected and I am working on implementing elsewhere. The idea will bring much of these concepts to life and may attract attention with the ability to use Android and iPhone in a very cool way. I am in development as we speak. Again I offered this to SolarCoin and gave first rights of refusal in Slack but the idea was refused.

At this rate we might not need to do anything.  I have no clue what is going on here but the price action is banana's!!!!

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:49:59 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 10:46:46 PM by solarcoiner

only 22000 SLR left for sale on bittrex

edit: SLR has more buy support than litecoin on bittrex. Lets go! Time to shine
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:51:19 PM

Long overdue.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:19:20 AM

http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/Nygren20160402

Quick mention.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 02:40:15 AM

we are testing a release candidate version 2.1.  let me know if interested in participating.

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:13:15 AM

At this rate we might not need to do anything.  I have no clue what is going on here but the price action is banana's!!!!

The pump is here so enjoy the ride! The price has to go up like I said even if it means buying their own coin and pump it. You see the wallets distribution doesn't change with all the volume so they are buying their own positions out and some that are in the way.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:01:32 AM

It's 1 SLR per MW/H. Solarcoin was not and is not designed to deliver 1 MW/H per 1 SLR. The only pegged value is what you receive per mw/h. The actual value of the token will be derived through the proof of generation and through use. People will want to encourage use because it encourages lower power costs for everyone, and a cleaner environment everywhere it's accepted.

Exchanges are always needed. It's not necessary to trade via bitcoin. Solarcoin can be purchased with cash, if coinbase for example wanted to start selling Solarcoin for fiat/fiat for Solarcoin, they already have all of the paperwork and licensing to do so. Although they may have to file different paperwork depending on how the currency is linked to a legal organization, it's no different than buying company stock which is bought and sold every day for dollars.

The whole mechanism behind solarcoin is to create a kind of worldwide co-op of solar producers, installers, and retailers. The value of the token will rise to what's necessary to do business with the token as it relates to clean energy and now also to worldwide solar radiation data collection. There's value in all of this, and some of it will reflect in the token value of Solarcoin.

solarcoiner

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:58:58 AM

The pump is here so enjoy the ride! The price has to go up like I said even if it means buying their own coin and pump it. You see the wallets distribution doesn't change with all the volume so they are buying their own positions out and some that are in the way.

Say what you want about Solarcoin. You have been consistantly wrong and while you have been whining here every time the price goes up a bit everyone else is enjoying it. And again I have been profiting from this mega pump.  months ago you were arguing how leaky slr's ceiling is... At the same time I have been selling for the last couple of months and believe me when I tell you someone is buying the coins. the question is why. Obviousy there is some manipulation but I managed to sell quite a lot of coins on the way up
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:29:02 PM

Running new Solarcoin wallet Version 2.1

Withdrawal worked fine from Bittrex to new wallet.

Interest rolling in with no problems.

So far everything is A++  Cool
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:06:11 PM

So far everything is A++  Cool

New wallet you say? Ooooh. Smiley

*Edit: You beta testing?

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:57:15 PM

It's 1 SLR per MW/H. Solarcoin was not and is not designed to deliver 1 MW/H per 1 SLR. The only pegged value is what you receive per mw/h. The actual value of the token will be derived through the proof of generation and through use. People will want to encourage use because it encourages lower power costs for everyone, and a cleaner environment everywhere it's accepted.

Exchanges are always needed. It's not necessary to trade via bitcoin. Solarcoin can be purchased with cash, if coinbase for example wanted to start selling Solarcoin for fiat/fiat for Solarcoin, they already have all of the paperwork and licensing to do so. Although they may have to file different paperwork depending on how the currency is linked to a legal organization, it's no different than buying company stock which is bought and sold every day for dollars.

The whole mechanism behind solarcoin is to create a kind of worldwide co-op of solar producers, installers, and retailers. The value of the token will rise to what's necessary to do business with the token as it relates to clean energy and now also to worldwide solar radiation data collection. There's value in all of this, and some of it will reflect in the token value of Solarcoin.

That is the problem it is a Stock not a Currency. This is why the Costs of Power should be used to PEG the price and then SLR could be stabilized. It is unfortunate that no one foresaw this fact and decided the profit model was best. SolarCoin can never be sold for Cash since BitCoin is the only coin allowed to do that. Otherwise it is a securities act Violation. So it is necessary to exchange to BitCoin in the current model and SolarCoin can not maintain a Green status even though it promotes solar adoption. The very fact that having Merchants means they need liquidity will mean SLR must rely on BitCoin a power hungry coin.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:02:46 PM

Say what you want about Solarcoin. You have been consistantly wrong and while you have been whining here every time the price goes up a bit everyone else is enjoying it. And again I have been profiting from this mega pump.  months ago you were arguing how leaky slr's ceiling is... At the same time I have been selling for the last couple of months and believe me when I tell you someone is buying the coins. the question is why. Obviousy there is some manipulation but I managed to sell quite a lot of coins on the way up

The ceiling leaks and the only thing wrong about that is you don't see anything wrong with it. You should be thanking me since every time I whine the price goes up. The Devs know what I plan on implementing so just the thought of it may be hastening the pump.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:31:07 PM

That is the problem it is a Stock not a Currency. This is why the Costs of Power should be used to PEG the price and then SLR could be stabilized. It is unfortunate that no one foresaw this fact and decided the profit model was best. SolarCoin can never be sold for Cash since BitCoin is the only coin allowed to do that. Otherwise it is a securities act Violation. So it is necessary to exchange to BitCoin in the current model and SolarCoin can not maintain a Green status even though it promotes solar adoption. The very fact that having Merchants means they need liquidity will mean SLR must rely on BitCoin a power hungry coin.

No, it can be sold for cash, all stocks can be sold for cash.

frankywill

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:11:33 PM

this is absolutely true i got the same opinion cant be sold
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:20:42 PM

Where is that? in the USA? And then... who needs "that" cash in the future we are building here? Oh, I got it - those here who ONLY say "you do that! you don't do that!..."  Grin
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 09:09:36 PM

So far everything is A++  Cool

New wallet you say? Ooooh. Smiley

*Edit: You beta testing?

just reviewing release candidate planning to put it up Tuesday evening late if no problems.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
solarcoiner

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:54:35 PM

In reality you just want to trade something of value for something else of value. If people see value in Solarcoins they will trade them for cash. I don't see a problem here. In fact I sold some to a friend for cash.

I see the value in SLR! do you?
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: