Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 05:18:44 PM

I have heard a lot of talk recently about the possibility of moving onto the Ethereum network, this would obviously have its benefits with regards to autonomous rewards in the future. How are we progressing with that, is that looking like it will happen?

Would we still have our own blockchain and wallets etc for staking? If not i would not want this.

I have little knowledge of ethereum sorry. But i do not want solarcoin to get overshadowed by ethereum.

no worries it is early days. The goal is to figure out tools for security associated with the generator pool. Ethereum may offer that.  There is some talk on electric chain of a cross chain scripting approach and lots of ideas. It is very early days and the importance of the project means it will be a methodical approach.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 05:33:51 PM

Help the community. 

A public solarcoin slack would be an awesome community tool.  Something like solarcoin.group.slack for example. The goal would be an open communication channel for anyone to share and discuss ideas in an open environment.  This would be a place for newbies, experts etc. to parse into channels and use some of the great API's and tools Slack Integrates with.

The foundation doesn't want to own/administer this slack for a few reasons.

1. The foundation doesn't want the risk or responsibility associated with claims or representations made on the site. Example if posts include discussions of future price, 3rd party services etc. these could implicitly be seen as encouraged by the Foundation if it is an actively managed environment.
2. The affiliates, developers etc. are all super busy building things and bringing in new partners under the hood. There are conversations and work going on nearly 24/7 with partners developers etc. around the world (Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Berlin, Barcelona, New York, San Francisco area, Belgium, London etc.)
3. True community should be open, self policing/managing and exploratory not overly directed.

So if someone would like to start up an independent open slack for solarcoin.group.slack that would be great.  Many devs etc. affiliates will join up and support as observers etc.

So happy to have someone jump in the slack pool and get it going.  The Electricchain.slack is already moving well.

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:49:38 PM

slack group set up...

message me for your email for invite...

slack name: solarcoin-group.slack.com

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:09:23 AM

slack group set up...

message me for your email for invite...

slack name: solarcoin-group.slack.com

Nice movement I Join in.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:15:14 AM

is the price of SolarCoin going down, when the power produced by Solar Cells getting cheaper over time?

That only makes it cost less to claim as you are saying it is cheaper to buy panels. But you are correct when you say the price of SolarCoin will go down if Solar becomes cheaper since more people Claiming and selling will flood the market with coin that it can't support at higher prices. Everyone here likes to tell people the price goes up by claiming but when the market can leave to BitCoin the price goes down. BitCoin is an integral part of SLR and always will be. If the holders of coin right now sell to BitCoin the only way they come back in with their BitCoin is at lower prices, the concept of the market is to buy low sell high and everyone will be doing it at some point so how will it sustain the price later when there will be more people trying to get their claims out into BitCoin and then to Fiat to get the costs of their Solar out. If you get your costs out then that money leaves and doesn't come back. Even if the exchanges let people go from SLR to Fiat the money still leaves to pay for installation costs. How does the SLR market absorb that if there is only so much BitCoin to go around?

You have been talking about claims flooding the market since we went past 0.00002000 . And for some reason we are 700% higher now? how can that be if caims are flooding the market. You could say the same about bitcoin. 25 new BTC every 10 min... However the price still stays somewhat stable.. Those who saw the bigger picture got rewarded by a higher solarcoin price. It was pretty simple to see coming. I posed everywhere telling people how I thought SLR was severely undervalued. And who would have guessed. Here we are at much higher prices. I think you might not have realized how little bitcoins had to be invested into SLR for the price to sustain itself. a few months ago all that was needed was a couple of dollars a day. Im not sure about right now but I can tell you it was pretty obvious that SLR was undervalued.

Pretty difficult for claims to flood the market at .00002000 if the price were to go up to .02 what do you think will happen? I think the market would flood wouldn't you? Besides that is the point of the coin right... and if it is successful then what do you think happens? Success equals people claim, so you are saying claimers will hold their coin after they are enticed to claim? Definitely undervalued which is part of the reason why not as many people claim. They also have to know about SLR and what better way than money? Everyone I talked to said it isn't worth their time to even bother. I said it is free money etc. How much money? A few cents a coin. How many coins have been claimed? Well 33 Million were mined by people who didn't have to own solar. Thanks I'll pass, ok nice talking with you. So I can't wait till I go back and say hey buddy remember that coin I told you about claiming with solar? It is at $100 a coin now and your claim is worth a ton more! I think he would say, Oh Great where do I sign up?

I guess you can't see this scenario playing out and deluging the buys of what we thought the market would bear? Not to mention the 33 Million are in play waiting to pounce! Which is why I suggested a PEG or Magic number. Then you have Real Trade along side Merchant Trade / Magic PEG combined with Exchange Rates. It is very simple to understand that both can subsist together since one requires costs of goods in order to sustain and the other shows utility between users. If the Merchant Trade is down merchants can PEG to it and cost you more SLR to buy a Loaf of Bread or Solar Panel or Inverter. But those who are on board with the Real Trade can have their coin leverage outside an Exchange. It is called the best of both worlds! Even though I am creating my own coin now I still give these ideas to better SLR. It could be done at any time but rolling the 33Million into 10K or 100K has to be considered at the next fork in the road. The 100K scenario fractionally converts the 33 Million into portions creating 10x on an investment. Then claimers can pour in and be rewarded quicker from any buys which could be at the exact same price that the conversion happened and it then moves forward as it normally would. But have the chance that it could boost due to Less Coin and a PEG for Real Trade. Kickstart the claiming and protect claimers simultaneously.

I can't wait to be proven wrong and really I want to be proven wrong but it leans in the opposite direction.

Have you thought about what happens when a large facility makes a claim and floods the market with tens of thousands of coins under your scenario? There wouldn't be enough liquidity to absorb the claim, and that's just one claim.

Under my scenario? It is the SLR market either way. The market cap is the same at the split and the magic number is in effect to make real trade happen at higher valuation than going to BitCoin for expenses or costs of goods. The party accepting SLR for their Service or Used Goods could sell to BitCoin also, but if there is a big enough disparity people may just continue real trade. Guess what happens if they just continue to trade... SLR now rids itself of BitCoin. Only with merchants would it even come into play, buying solar panels or inverters etc. and that is an exchange where people take their risks no matter what and there is less coin now too but the same market cap and growth could continue unhindered as it would normally.

The main market could be flooded by anyone at anytime yeah! currently and in the hypothetical version. Since the price goes up people claim in and sell out, I thought that was elementary... but you accepted it with the 33 Million in play to usurp any claims and you have no problem with that. It is more realistic that a large facility claims when the prices are high and sell out never to return. Takes a lot of churning out coin too and there is a decreasing margin of utility as I mentioned... Who needs to buy BitCoin to buy SLR to then Buy an Inverter or Solar Panel when they can just take their cash and go buy it without any risks in any markets. They don't get the upside but hmm they also could lose it all.

Overall my scenario may incentivize Solar adoption better as the markets are both viable simultaneously since people will get to possibly trade for other goods at a better rate with the magic number. Lets say the Exchange market goes to NIL. You still have the PEG for real trade.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:46:28 AM

Under my scenario? It is the SLR market either way. The market cap is the same at the split and the magic number is in effect to make real trade happen at higher valuation than going to BitCoin for expenses or costs of goods. The party accepting SLR for their Service or Used Goods could sell to BitCoin also, but if there is a big enough disparity people may just continue real trade. Guess what happens if they just continue to trade... SLR now rids itself of BitCoin. Only with merchants would it even come into play, buying solar panels or inverters etc. and that is an exchange where people take their risks no matter what and there is less coin now too but the same market cap and growth could continue unhindered as it would normally.

The main market could be flooded by anyone at anytime yeah! currently and in the hypothetical version. Since the price goes up people claim in and sell out, I thought that was elementary... but you accepted it with the 33 Million in play to usurp any claims and you have no problem with that. It is more realistic that a large facility claims when the prices are high and sell out never to return. Takes a lot of churning out coin too and there is a decreasing margin of utility as I mentioned... Who needs to buy BitCoin to buy SLR to then Buy an Inverter or Solar Panel when they can just take their cash and go buy it without any risks in any markets. They don't get the upside but hmm they also could lose it all.

Overall my scenario may incentivize Solar adoption better as the markets are both viable simultaneously since people will get to possibly trade for other goods at a better rate with the magic number. Lets say the Exchange market goes to NIL. You still have the PEG for real trade.

I still don't see where it's a problem. The Bitcoin market is currently 15 million coins in circulation with a cap of 6 billion. Solarcoin has roughly double the coins in circulation with a predicted market cap of 680 million. Even as the coin supply could double or triple within 5 years, that's still well under the current Bitcoin market cap. That also dwarfs the current circulation with claims alone. Even the so called whales won't have enough to disrupt the market once it becomes saturated. I don't see a need for anything magical except market forces and the will of the people to put technology into motion.

y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:54:11 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/research-fed-bitcoin-fiat-competition/
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:01:40 AM

I still don't see where it's a problem. The Bitcoin market is currently 15 million coins in circulation with a cap of 6 billion. Solarcoin has roughly double the coins in circulation with a predicted market cap of 680 million. Even as the coin supply could double or triple within 5 years, that's still well under the current Bitcoin market cap. That also dwarfs the current circulation with claims alone. Even the so called whales won't have enough to disrupt the market once it becomes saturated. I don't see a need for anything magical except market forces and the will of the people to put technology into motion.

Predicted to be $20 a coin at 33 Million x 3=99 Million in 5 Years and SLR at $6 due to sell off maintaining the same market cap. Diminishing margin of utility may cause a further downtrend. The added step of the people buying SLR instead of just going and buying Solar Panels and then Claim is part of this equation. The MWH PEG would make this a better payout for trade. If the MWH PEG entices people to trade and not have to worry about an exchange then it has so many more benefits on other levels I mentioned. People trading at the PEG without interference from market manipulators and profit takers can avoid any pitfalls of markets. Claimer coin will also dominate the upper echelon of holdings in the PEG since only 10K of the 33 Million exist or 100K if profit is voted for. When at best in 5 years it is still fighting the 33 million.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:12:09 PM

Slack channel created for SolarCoin.
Please message me with your email address for an invite.
I have also set it up so you can all invite users too.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 01:52:55 PM

Slack channel created for SolarCoin.
Please message me with your email address for an invite.
I have also set it up so you can all invite users too.

There is now a link on the www.solarcoin.org website for joining the Solarcoin group slack.*

*Note this is a community dedicated, owned and managed slack it is not owned, policed, managed or run by the Solarcoin foundation.

user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:19:55 PM

There is now a link on the www.solarcoin.org website for joining the Solarcoin group slack.*
*Note this is a community dedicated, owned and managed slack it is not owned, policed, managed or run by the Solarcoin foundation.
thks for this update, and for the main page/title of this thread,?

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:06:44 AM

OK, some slack badness went on due to a small error on my part earlier.

If you would like an invite sent to join the SolarCoin community Slack please go here:  http://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-forum/

The SolarCoin slack should be an interesting community with all of the tools that slack offers especially channels and better conversation navigation.  The invites are managed by a community member, not the foundation, but I bet the velvet rope will be fairly forgiving in letting people in.

solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:57:48 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 10:11:21 AM by solarcoiner

look at the price action. thx for the cheap coins

Edit: Whoever sold over 0.00010000 time to buy back Wink
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:04:24 PM

OK, some slack badness went on due to a small error on my part earlier.

If you would like an invite sent to join the SolarCoin community Slack please go here:  http://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-forum/

The SolarCoin slack should be an interesting community with all of the tools that slack offers especially channels and better conversation navigation.  The invites are managed by a community member, not the foundation, but I bet the velvet rope will be fairly forgiving in letting people in.

Sorry. This form is no longer accepting new submissions.

What's up with that I want to join

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:05:05 PM

Yea some genius has over 200k on the ask. Putting up a sell wall like that won't drive up the price.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
Snake Pliskin

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:28:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the huge sell off wasn't the same person who's been pumping the price up over the last week, but that's just my opinion, and that sell wall is very suspect

I'd be very interested in hearing everybody else's thoughts on what happened today on bittrex 
solarcoiner

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:31:25 PM

Yea some genius has over 200k on the ask. Putting up a sell wall like that won't drive up the price.

Well 100k already got scooped up. I bought 50k come on guys lets destroy this sell wall

Edit: Remember when a 250k Sell order was placed at 0.00003 a few weeks ago? look where it took us.. its hard to know what someone's real intention is. It might look like a sell but remmber that last big sell order. It was all to intimidate people to scoop up even more SLR before the pump. Classic  Grin
solarcoiner

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:31:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the huge sell off wasn't the same person who's been pumping the price up over the last week, but that's just my opinion, and that sell wall is very suspect

I'd be very interested in hearing everybody else's thoughts on what happened today on bittrex 

Agreed. Probably the same person or group of people...
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:04:14 PM

Agreed. Probably the same person or group of people...

I think we've seen this tactic many times here. You want to fill in on cheap SLR? Put a sell wall low to push the price down, then wait for someone to sell into your lower bids, or buy from the asks below your wall. I did a small "test" and looks like it is exactly the case this time, too. Wink
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:24:30 PM

The only way to get rid of this fool is to buy all his coins and hold them till we see $20  Grin

Last time i did that to him we where under 1 cent and he cant have them back till we see $20

I think we used to call him Ghost on here or something like that. Or it could be just a random person who knows.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: