Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:11:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:01:57 AM

I have patience, I know the true value of this technology. I'll let people take early profits, it's going to happen anyway. For those with deep enough pockets to buy and hold now, I also thank you. The largest corporations in the world wouldn't survive if the majority shareholders sold out on every peak. They keep their valuation in part due to large percentage holders.

With so much going on behind the scenes, we've only seen a fraction of what's to come.

Stock issuance for major corporations based on PnL statements are different than PnD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:41:47 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the huge sell off wasn't the same person who's been pumping the price up over the last week, but that's just my opinion, and that sell wall is very suspect

I'd be very interested in hearing everybody else's thoughts on what happened today on bittrex  

Agreed. Probably the same person or group of people...

Well that kind of "manipulation" has happened before. The problem is that I can't understand the logic behind this guy or group of people brains (yea yea I know the sell high - buy low whale logic).

We were at 0.00015 and went to 0.00010 which WAS FINE, because when there is a pump it is expected that the price will not maintain at the highest point, but to crash the market below 0.00007 and then put a 200k+ WALL ON IT is just dumb as fuck if this guy wants the coin to get the proper attention. One Megawatt Hour of Solar Energy trading at ~3 cents -.- really? Why are people so greedy? The coin was going forward and at one point there were only 50 000 coins on the sell orders distributed from 0.0001 to 0.01 which was great. But those greedy motherfuckers saw that and what we have now? Over 400k added and they are selling them as cheap as fuck???

Let's say that the casual "Joe" who has solar panels wants to start claiming and he knows the idea behind the coin etc. and let's IMAGINE that he can claim ~10 coins per year. Then he goes to bittrex to see the "profit" he makes and realize that he can shove his coins in his "ass" because on the other side we have some "biggus dickus" guy that doesn't give a shit about the coin and just wants to get a few bitcoins with his Huh amount of coins - a number that an entire continent may reach after a few years of claiming. How to get serious then? How can we hit the REAL PRICE of One Megawatt Hour of Solar Energy if at any given point someone may crash the market below 1 cent? How to stimulate the average Joe to even bother claiming, when he gets crumbs for it?

So what is the solution of that "premine" that is holding us back, because of people who don't give a shit? Well the only thing that comes to my mind is to empty their bags... But we know that we can't trust people so at any given point someone of the other large holders may do the same shit because they need money - this is just a fucked up circle. This is like seeing your garden bloom and then a hailstorm at the size of a brick cross over to give you the finger and laugh at you...

Anyway we are slowly growing UP (yay let's give us some hope now). Don't forget that similar shit happened with the bitcoin at the beginning. Another thing is that we are talking about a 40 year project so our state atm is like a 3 year old child - everything can happen to him so his parents (us) must protect him (well unless they need MONEY and decide to SELL him for a few bucks, but that is just how life is...). So don't give up the hope and don't forget, that the good things happen slowly. The people behind the project (Nick etc.) are working hard and they are showing it. Time heals everything (well except if you SELL your child for a few bucks - that's just fucked up). Don't forget that this now is an opportunity to buy cheap coins so if you can and I will quote Shia Labeouf here - "Just DO IT" Cheesy

So yea... My Hope Will Never Die Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBJhzfvdyKw

This is why I tried arguing for a PEG and coin reduction at current market cap. The new Idea I am forced to build outside of SolarCoin will give the claimer the entire cost of their Solar Purchase in coin. How about that for incentive! Now imagine not needing Exchanges!?! Inconceivable!

Well maybe SolarCoin thought competition is good? A SolarCoin PEG may be implemented after I roll the new coin out, needing the PEG just to compete with it though. I am happy to oblige the necessity of SolarCoin's new PEG at that point since if either coin does well it promotes Solar adoption.

SolarCoin is securing the Pre-Mine too. There is a glut of coins allowing those types of Sell Walls. Those coins were very cheap during initial PoW.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:12:23 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the huge sell off wasn't the same person who's been pumping the price up over the last week, but that's just my opinion, and that sell wall is very suspect

I'd be very interested in hearing everybody else's thoughts on what happened today on bittrex  

Well that kind of "manipulation" has happened before. The problem is that I can't understand the logic behind this guy or group of people brains (yea yea I know the sell high - buy low whale logic).

We were at 0.00015 and went to 0.00010 which WAS FINE, because when there is a pump it is expected that the price will not maintain at the highest point, but to crash the market below 0.00007 and then put a 200k+ WALL ON IT is just dumb as fuck if this guy wants the coin to get the proper attention. One Megawatt Hour of Solar Energy trading at ~3 cents -.- really? Why are people so greedy? The coin was going forward and at one point there were only 50 000 coins on the sell orders distributed from 0.0001 to 0.01 which was great. But those greedy motherfuckers saw that and what we have now? Over 400k added and they are selling them as cheap as fuck???

Let's say that the casual "Joe" who has solar panels wants to start claiming and he knows the idea behind the coin etc. and let's IMAGINE that he can claim ~10 coins per year. Then he goes to bittrex to see the "profit" he makes and realize that he can shove his coins in his "ass" because on the other side we have some "biggus dickus" guy that doesn't give a shit about the coin and just wants to get a few bitcoins with his Huh amount of coins - a number that an entire continent may reach after a few years of claiming. How to get serious then? How can we hit the REAL PRICE of One Megawatt Hour of Solar Energy if at any given point someone may crash the market below 1 cent? How to stimulate the average Joe to even bother claiming, when he gets crumbs for it?

So what is the solution of that "premine" that is holding us back, because of people who don't give a shit? Well the only thing that comes to my mind is to empty their bags... But we know that we can't trust people so at any given point someone of the other large holders may do the same shit because they need money - this is just a fucked up circle. This is like seeing your garden bloom and then a hailstorm at the size of a brick cross over to give you the finger and laugh at you...

Anyway we are slowly growing UP (yay let's give us some hope now). Don't forget that similar shit happened with the bitcoin at the beginning. Another thing is that we are talking about a 40 year project so our state atm is like a 3 year old child - everything can happen to him so his parents (us) must protect him (well unless they need MONEY and decide to SELL him for a few bucks, but that is just how life is...). So don't give up the hope and don't forget, that the good things happen slowly. The people behind the project (Nick etc.) are working hard and they are showing it. Time heals everything (well except if you SELL your child for a few bucks - that's just fucked up). Don't forget that this now is an opportunity to buy cheap coins so if you can and I will quote Shia Labeouf here - "Just DO IT" Cheesy

This is why I tried arguing for a PEG and coin reduction at current market cap. The new Idea I am forced to build outside of SolarCoin will give the claimer the entire cost of their Solar Purchase in coin. How about that for incentive! Now imagine not needing Exchanges!?! Inconceivable!

Well maybe SolarCoin thought competition is good? A SolarCoin PEG may be implemented after I roll the new coin out, needing the PEG just to compete with it though. I am happy to oblige the necessity of SolarCoin's new PEG at that point since if either coin does well it promotes Solar adoption.

SolarCoin is securing the Pre-Mine too. There is a glut of coins allowing those types of Sell Walls. Those coins were very cheap during initial PoW.

Good luck with your pegged coin, Solarcoin is miles ahead.
Of course competition is good. You think bitcoin and Solarcoin would be this valuable if there was nothing wrong with our economy? Cryptocurrencies are the competition. and not because they are pegged to something
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:23:58 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 04:41:10 PM by vipgelsi

over $18,000,000 volume today on ETH at poloniex. Solarcoin would be great over there.

Please fill this out for Solarcoin= https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:19:57 PM

over $18,000,000 volume today on ETH at poloniex. Solarcoin would be great over there.

Yea it looks like their is dumping going across all major alts today.  ETH is down almost 30% from a week ago.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:54:32 PM

We are finally showing up on the Bittrex home page  Grin Grin Grin

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:44:04 PM

Of course competition is good. You think bitcoin and Solarcoin would be this valuable if there was nothing wrong with our economy? Cryptocurrencies are the competition. and not because they are pegged to something

Thanks! I could create my own non PEG coin and pump it and be miles ahead too. The something wrong with our economy has infected Crypto and people are sick of it.

The only reason I am behind is that I tried for a year to enhance SolarCoin.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:36:43 AM

Thanks! I could create my own non PEG coin and pump it and be miles ahead too

Good luck with that
rgaiss

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:23:18 AM

Solarcoin newbie here... having difficulty with my newly downloaded solarcoin wallet version 2.0.8

for some reason my wallet is not connecting to my network and I have zero connections. I'm running on windows 7 and thought it could have been my firewall that was blocking something, so I went into my advanced settings and created a new outbound rule to allow a connection through port 18181... that didn't work. even went into my SQL server configuration and made sure that TCP/IP was enabled. So right now I'm not so sure it's my firewall.

Has anyone had trouble with their wallet connecting to the network? If so, any suggestions on what I should test so I can properly use the wallet? Any help would be much appreciated

Also, love solarcoin... I see some real potential here
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:18:57 AM

Solarcoin newbie here... having difficulty with my newly downloaded solarcoin wallet version 2.0.8

for some reason my wallet is not connecting to my network and I have zero connections. I'm running on windows 7 and thought it could have been my firewall that was blocking something, so I went into my advanced settings and created a new outbound rule to allow a connection through port 18181... that didn't work. even went into my SQL server configuration and made sure that TCP/IP was enabled. So right now I'm not so sure it's my firewall.

Has anyone had trouble with their wallet connecting to the network? If so, any suggestions on what I should test so I can properly use the wallet? Any help would be much appreciated

It would be your Inbound not Outbound at that port. So you want to port forward to your IP and make it static then reserve that IP if you have DHCP enabled.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:35:22 AM

Thanks! I could create my own non PEG coin and pump it and be miles ahead too

Good luck with that

On the contrary that is where I can't compete with SolarCoin since my coin will have no pump and dump. Since there will be no exchanges. Although I haven't put it before the community but even if it were exchanged the price fluctuation would be nominal.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:14:34 PM

If you all want to see Solarcoin reach at least $1 there is a simple way to do it. It requires you actually believe in the goal of the Solarcoin project and it requires you to not care about anything other than to promote and support the $1 price.

Here is all supporters have to do, buy as many Solarcoins as you can and then make a pact with other supporters to never sell it for less than $1. It's that simple.  Also encourage speculators to dump so the SLRs end up in the right hands.  If a few big holders simply refuse to sell SLRs then you solve the problem. The other solution is don't put SLR on the centralized exchanges like Poloniex. These exchanges will acquire a lot of SLR from trading activities and then continuously dump SLR to suppress the price.

Approach decentralized exchanges or very serious secure wallet companies like Coinbase. You do not want margin traders you want people who actually buy SLR to spend it on products which give a discount to SLR. Treat the SLR holder like royalty.
Luckybit

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:19:31 PM

Again, do not promote SLR to speculators. Promote SLR to activists who don't trade and who want to get cheaper energy. People who see the big picture know that cheap renewable energy is wealth. Solar is more important than fiat.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:43:51 PM

Eth is doing just fine on poloniex. From 0.50 to currently $8 with a high of $14
Luckybit

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:48:19 PM

Eth is doing just fine on poloniex. From 0.50 to currently $8 with a high of $14

SLR is not ETH. SLR is purely for people who believe in renewable energy. Many speculators don't give a damn about renewable energy and just want to make a quick buck. So why would you want them to hold onto the SLRs? They don't understand the potential.

Sure SLR could get pumped and dumped but if you want to see Solar be promoted then you should buy SLR from Bittrex and hold it before the speculators with big money and no interest in SLR get a hold of it.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:51:41 PM

Your post said to get to a $1 and history does repeat itself. Who cares if they understand or not at $1 plus more people will start claiming solars and also install systems thats all that matters in the end.

Anyone has the right to own solars its a free market.
Luckybit

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:12:54 PM

Your post said to get to a $1 and history does repeat itself. Who cares if they understand or not at $1 plus more people will start claiming solars and also install systems thats all that matters in the end.

Anyone has the right to own solars its a free market.

You have to build a community or SLR will have no utility. Who is going to accept SLR? Who is going to give discounts to people who use SLR and why? People aren't going to do that just because but they will do it if they believe in renewable energy being good for the future of their children. People will support SLR for the sake of their kids futures.

And also people who believe there is an energy crisis or climate change is a problem need to know that Solarcoin exists. These people have the money but do not know about Solarcoin. These people should be the people who claim the Solarcoins but also the people who accept it, work for it, etc.

Will SLR get to $1? Easily, but only if a case is made why it's different from Bitcoin or ETH politically. Apolitical speculators will just dump it at $1 and they wont invest it into the renewable energy or solar industry. As far as getting people to claim SLR it requires marketing because these are mainstream people not crypto people.
rgaiss

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:55:33 AM

It would be your Inbound not Outbound at that port. So you want to port forward to your IP and make it static then reserve that IP if you have DHCP enabled.

don't mean to interject this debate but still having trouble finding connections on my wallet...

I set up my static IP address and now I'm in my router settings trying to add a port forwarding list

what should I add in these slots? [Service Name], [Port Range], [Local IP], [Local Port], [Protocal]

#lost

y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:03:51 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 01:19:34 AM by y_virtual

don't mean to interject this debate but still having trouble finding connections on my wallet...

I set up my static IP address and now I'm in my router settings trying to add a port forwarding list

what should I add in these slots? [Service Name], [Port Range], [Local IP], [Local Port], [Protocal]

#lost

Does your router Firewall/Security/Forwarding settings section include a UPnP enable/disable setting?
Edit: Yeah, if you can enable UPnP on the router, then you also make sure your SolarCoin wallet Settings/Options/Network has a checkbox next to Map port using UPnP. Then restart the wallet and it will set up the router automatically.

Edit: The SolarCoin p2p port is 18188, not 18181. If you also have Port triggering setting on your router, you can manually set port triggering for port 18188 and the static IP you've chosen.
rgaiss

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:23:40 AM

#lost

Does your router Firewall/Security/Forwarding settings section include a UPnP enable/disable setting?

Edit: The SolarCoin p2p port is 18188, not 18181. If you also have Port triggering setting on your router, you can manually set port triggering for port 18188 and the static IP you've chosen.

Yup, I have enabled UPnP on my router settings. I do have the port triggering option and the list gives me the ability to insert [Description], [Trigger Port], [Protocal], [Incoming Port], [Protocal] - what should I put for these?

right now I've got: [Solarcoin], [18188], [TCP], [18188], [TCP]
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: