Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:38:48 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 01:50:18 AM by y_virtual

Solarcoin newbie here... having difficulty with my newly downloaded solarcoin wallet version 2.0.8

for some reason my wallet is not connecting to my network and I have zero connections. I'm running on windows 7 and thought it could have been my firewall that was blocking something, so I went into my advanced settings and created a new outbound rule to allow a connection through port 18181... that didn't work. even went into my SQL server configuration and made sure that TCP/IP was enabled. So right now I'm not so sure it's my firewall.

Has anyone had trouble with their wallet connecting to the network? If so, any suggestions on what I should test so I can properly use the wallet? Any help would be much appreciated

Also, love solarcoin... I see some real potential here

It would be your Inbound not Outbound at that port. So you want to port forward to your IP and make it static then reserve that IP if you have DHCP enabled.

don't mean to interject this debate but still having trouble finding connections on my wallet...

I set up my static IP address and now I'm in my router settings trying to add a port forwarding list

what should I add in these slots? [Service Name], [Port Range], [Local IP], [Local Port], [Protocal]

#lost

Does your router Firewall/Security/Forwarding settings section include a UPnP enable/disable setting?

Edit: The SolarCoin p2p port is 18188, not 18181. If you also have Port triggering setting on your router, you can manually set port triggering for port 18188 and the static IP you've chosen.

Yup, I have enabled UPnP on my router settings. I do have the port triggering option and the list gives me the ability to insert [Description], [Trigger Port], [Protocal], [Incoming Port], [Protocal] - what should I put for these?

right now I've got: [Solarcoin], [18188], [TCP], [18188], [TCP]

If it still doesn't work, and you are in Windows, then did you let the Windows Firewall fully allow access for the SolarCoin-qt.exe? Windows Firewall asks a question the first time you run the wallet. It sets up 2 rules on the Inbound Rules table (can be found under Windows Firewall Advanced Settings).

EDIT: if for some reason you don't find the rules on the Inbound Rules list, I will post here screenshots so that you can set them up manually.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rgaiss

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:07:50 AM

Solarcoin newbie here... having difficulty with my newly downloaded solarcoin wallet version 2.0.8

for some reason my wallet is not connecting to my network and I have zero connections. I'm running on windows 7 and thought it could have been my firewall that was blocking something, so I went into my advanced settings and created a new outbound rule to allow a connection through port 18181... that didn't work. even went into my SQL server configuration and made sure that TCP/IP was enabled. So right now I'm not so sure it's my firewall.

Has anyone had trouble with their wallet connecting to the network? If so, any suggestions on what I should test so I can properly use the wallet? Any help would be much appreciated

It would be your Inbound not Outbound at that port. So you want to port forward to your IP and make it static then reserve that IP if you have DHCP enabled.

don't mean to interject this debate but still having trouble finding connections on my wallet...

I set up my static IP address and now I'm in my router settings trying to add a port forwarding list

what should I add in these slots? [Service Name], [Port Range], [Local IP], [Local Port], [Protocal]

#lost

Does your router Firewall/Security/Forwarding settings section include a UPnP enable/disable setting?

Edit: The SolarCoin p2p port is 18188, not 18181. If you also have Port triggering setting on your router, you can manually set port triggering for port 18188 and the static IP you've chosen.

Yup, I have enabled UPnP on my router settings. I do have the port triggering option and the list gives me the ability to insert [Description], [Trigger Port], [Protocal], [Incoming Port], [Protocal] - what should I put for these?

If it still doesn't work, and you are in Windows, then did you let the Windows Firewall fully allow access for the SolarCoin-qt.exe? Windows Firewall asks a question the first time you run the wallet. It sets up 2 rules on the Inbound Rules table (can be found under Windows Firewall Advanced Settings).

EDIT: if for some reason you don't find the rules on the Inbound Rules list, I will post here screenshots so that you can set them up manually.

okay, for some reason I don't see them at all. could you post?

any chance it's something totally different than my firewall?
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:56:31 AM

#lost

Open ports 18181, 18188, and 9050, all three TCP only. Direct them to the local IP address of the computer you're running the wallet on.

y_virtual

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:15:05 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 04:52:32 AM by y_virtual

#lost

Windows asks and auto-sets the rules the first time you run the wallet (or any other newly installed software that requires firewall settings). I am not sure (don't remember) if uninstalling/installing the software and running it will re-trigger the Windows Firewall question. I will now snapshot and post here the rule settings I got with my first run (please expect an EDIT to this post within 30 minutes).

EDIT:
Here are the snapshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb3ya62xgnkd8oz/AAD-GszUIE3q_tZGv3tzA7t5a?dl=0

You should be able to add the 2 rules through the New Rule.. action - I bet you should use the Program wizard there. The only difference between the 2 rules is on the Protocols and Ports window (WFprop4.PNG) - set up one for the UDP protocol type (shown on the snapshot) and another one for the TCP protocol type (not shown on the snapshots). Make sure to point to the correct location of your SolarCoin-qt.exe installation (WFprop2.PNG).

As for the router firewall settings - the only manual trigger I use is for the 18188 port. If you enable UPnP on the router, no manual trigger/forwarding settings are necessary when the SolarCoin Settings/Options/Network "Map port using UPnP" is checked (you do have to restart the wallet if you check the box for the change to take effect).
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:30:47 AM

Your post said to get to a $1 and history does repeat itself. Who cares if they understand or not at $1 plus more people will start claiming solars and also install systems thats all that matters in the end.

Anyone has the right to own solars its a free market.

You have to build a community or SLR will have no utility. Who is going to accept SLR? Who is going to give discounts to people who use SLR and why? People aren't going to do that just because but they will do it if they believe in renewable energy being good for the future of their children. People will support SLR for the sake of their kids futures.

And also people who believe there is an energy crisis or climate change is a problem need to know that Solarcoin exists. These people have the money but do not know about Solarcoin. These people should be the people who claim the Solarcoins but also the people who accept it, work for it, etc.

Will SLR get to $1? Easily, but only if a case is made why it's different from Bitcoin or ETH politically. Apolitical speculators will just dump it at $1 and they wont invest it into the renewable energy or solar industry. As far as getting people to claim SLR it requires marketing because these are mainstream people not crypto people.

The problem is also who will buy the $1 coins to maintain the price? People buy BitCoin to then Buy SLR when BitCoin could actually most likely buy what they need to buy anyways if their Money didn't work for some reason lol. But!!! There may be a new mechanism at work now... It is called Bail-In's and the banks are taking depositors money, who should be senior to any Toxic assets but the laws are written now and slipped under our noses. Dodd-Frank should stop shadow banking but is really meant to mean No more bail outs, so they can bail in. Everyone would vote for No More Bail Outs! It is unanimous! But they didn't realize it allows the bail in since bail out is not possible.

Someone has to pay for the toxic derivatives and it ain't gonna be the banks.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:36:38 AM

Your post said to get to a $1 and history does repeat itself. Who cares if they understand or not at $1 plus more people will start claiming solars and also install systems thats all that matters in the end.

Anyone has the right to own solars its a free market.

You have to build a community or SLR will have no utility. Who is going to accept SLR? Who is going to give discounts to people who use SLR and why? People aren't going to do that just because but they will do it if they believe in renewable energy being good for the future of their children. People will support SLR for the sake of their kids futures.

And also people who believe there is an energy crisis or climate change is a problem need to know that Solarcoin exists. These people have the money but do not know about Solarcoin. These people should be the people who claim the Solarcoins but also the people who accept it, work for it, etc.

Will SLR get to $1? Easily, but only if a case is made why it's different from Bitcoin or ETH politically. Apolitical speculators will just dump it at $1 and they wont invest it into the renewable energy or solar industry. As far as getting people to claim SLR it requires marketing because these are mainstream people not crypto people.

The problem is also who will buy the $1 coins to maintain the price? People buy BitCoin to then Buy SLR when BitCoin could actually most likely buy what they need to buy anyways if their Money didn't work for some reason lol. But!!! There may be a new mechanism at work now... It is called Bail-In's and the banks are taking depositors money, who should be senior to any Toxic assets but the laws are written now and slipped under our noses. Dodd-Frank should stop shadow banking but is really meant to mean No more bail outs, so they can bail in. Everyone would vote for No More Bail Outs! It is unanimous! But they didn't realize it allows the bail in since bail out is not possible.

Someone has to pay for the toxic derivatives and it ain't gonna be the banks.

When the coins are $1 then just hold onto them and let people claim them for higher than $1.

nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 02:03:54 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 01:13:17 AM by nickgogerty

update.  testing on 2.1 is done.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 03:05:28 PM

Just FYI, for those associated with the www.electricchain.org a list of projects is going out to MIT tomorrow. If you have projects please write them up/join electricchain.  So far we have 8 projects of various types and sizes including outer space, emerging world solar finance, hardware installations for plugging the sun into a blockchain, cross blockchain scripting, high speed transaction logging, solar energy monitoring etc. super cool stuff.

The ElectriCChain team is busy talking with some Forbes 50 type IT companies, major universities and govt. agencies around the world about some of these pilot projects.   For those in London There is a cool Chain of things demo that should show live solar>blockchain posting.  http://www.chainofthings.com/events/  you can meet some of the solarcoin community, scheduled for June 1.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
y_virtual

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:53:24 AM

we are working on some final tests for new wallet release candidate. Thought we were good to go last night.

can anyone confirm that test client 2.10 is staking (earned and confirmed by the network) correctly for them?   Also would like to confirm transactions between 2.1>2.1 transactions.

thank you.

www.solarcoin.org/downloads/SolarCoin_2.1.0_32bit.exe

Testing 2 wallets simultaneously.
2.1 to 2.1 transactions are going through but are not being confirmed.
Staking works, amounts look like the regular amounts in 2.0.8, but are not being confirmed.
Several minutes ago got one confirmation for both transfer transactions and the latest interest transaction, but these confirmations then went away - current state is Unconfirmed.
Anything else that we should be looking at?
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:15:10 AM

we are working on some final tests for new wallet release candidate. Thought we were good to go last night.

can anyone confirm that test client 2.10 is staking (earned and confirmed by the network) correctly for them?   Also would like to confirm transactions between 2.1>2.1 transactions.

thank you.

Staking works, amounts look like the regular amounts in 2.0.8, but are not being confirmed.
Several minutes ago got one confirmation for both transfer transactions and the latest interest transaction, but these confirmations then went away - current state is Unconfirmed.

nope I think we got it taken care of with v2.11.  thanks.

rgaiss

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:24:22 AM

#lost

Windows asks and auto-sets the rules the first time you run the wallet (or any other newly installed software that requires firewall settings). I am not sure (don't remember) if uninstalling/installing the software and running it will re-trigger the Windows Firewall question. I will now snapshot and post here the rule settings I got with my first run (please expect an EDIT to this post within 30 minutes).

EDIT:
Here are the snapshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb3ya62xgnkd8oz/AAD-GszUIE3q_tZGv3tzA7t5a?dl=0

You should be able to add the 2 rules through the New Rule.. action - I bet you should use the Program wizard there. The only difference between the 2 rules is on the Protocols and Ports window (WFprop4.PNG) - set up one for the UDP protocol type (shown on the snapshot) and another one for the TCP protocol type (not shown on the snapshots). Make sure to point to the correct location of your SolarCoin-qt.exe installation (WFprop2.PNG).

As for the router firewall settings - the only manual trigger I use is for the 18188 port. If you enable UPnP on the router, no manual trigger/forwarding settings are necessary when the SolarCoin Settings/Options/Network "Map port using UPnP" is checked (you do have to restart the wallet if you check the box for the change to take effect).

Up and running... happy to be part of the community  Grin
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:24:59 AM

Up and running... happy to be part of the community  Grin

Nice to have you. Smiley

sunny-boy

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:25:24 AM

Dear SolarCoin Community, Solar Change is happy to announce it has been selected by NexusSquared in Zurich to attend its Accelerator Program (StartupBootCamp):

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/international-cohort-blockchain-startups-set-join-pilot-grassinger?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST
ToScA-

Activity: 335

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:34:05 AM

Hi, I've had coins in my wallet for days now, and been 'Staking'. Nothing is happening though; should it take this long?

Thanks!
y_virtual

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:35:27 AM

thank you.

nope I think we got it taken care of with v2.11.  thanks.

A third 2.1 wallet on a different PC was confirming both transfers and interest rewards, but then stopped doing it. Can't quite figure out why and when it's doing it - looks like it's peers-related. Will expect v2.11.

One noticeable change in v2.1 - the transaction fee is now copied from the setting in the Settings/Options/Pay transaction fee entry. Noticed that they were no fees (0.00 fees) when sending, then checked the "Pay transaction fee" entry, and it was really 0.00000, which apparently is the default and was the default in v2.0.8, too, but in 2.0.8 there was a default fee of 0.001 regardless of the 0.00000 in the "Pay transaction fee".

y_virtual

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:40:23 AM

Hi, I've had coins in my wallet for days now, and been 'Staking'. Nothing is happening though; should it take this long?

Thanks!

Just checked a wallet with 2000 SLR stakes once per day on average, but sometimes it takes 2-3-4 days to stake.
ToScA-

Activity: 335

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:52:03 AM

Thanks!

Just checked a wallet with 2000 SLR stakes once per day on average, but sometimes it takes 2-3-4 days to stake.

I see, that could explain things. I've only got around 200 SLR but will buy a bit more.

Thanks for the info!
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 02:43:00 PM

Thanks!

I see, that could explain things. I've only got around 200 SLR but will buy a bit more.

Thanks for the info!

For those running 2.1. Please revert to 2.08. We need to make sure the network maintains stability

Nick

Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:58:53 PM

Dear SolarCoin Community, Solar Change is happy to announce it has been selected by NexusSquared in Zurich to attend its Accelerator Program (StartupBootCamp):

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/international-cohort-blockchain-startups-set-join-pilot-grassinger?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST

Can you post some information about Solar Change?  How are you looking to use Solar Coin?

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:06:01 PM

My total is showing more then it should be on 2.08
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: