Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
LuckyKey

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:07:15 PM

I have just under 4 bitcoins in the sidelines waiting to buy some more, just would like to get a better price so gonna wait for another week see how we stand, what ever happens i'm gonna buy some more soon.

Hopefully you're not paying double or triple what you can get them for right now  Wink
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:06:25 AM

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Tachyon2032

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:13:43 AM

Snowballs.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:59:43 AM

Snowballs.
lol

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
LuckyKey

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:25:30 AM

LOL
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 11:39:25 AM

Snowballs.

Ha! Where would you attach these I wonder?

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:26:23 PM

Oh hey! I just thought of a brilliant idea for us to counter our price-capping miner friend! Thanks to a little something called greed, our mystery buddy, let's call him*... "Party Pooper" or PP for short, has slowed his mining since it is no longer profitable because people are not putting that price back up, we're all onto his game and are choosing not to play it. But isn't there something we can do??? And the answer is YES!!! Take those bitcoins sitting on the sidelines and go rent a NiceHash contract to mine.  Grin Grin Now that the difficulty has dropped substantially thanks to PP's exiting that side of the game, it's actually equivalent to mine than to buy right now so you can get two benefits out of doing this:

• 1. Continue acquiring SLR at an equivalent market price until the fork with the satisfaction of NOT having to buy them from PP AND it prevents him from mining all of them himself while we dawdle our thumbs and wait it out.  Tongue
  • 2. Secures the network into the fork so PP doesn't have an opportunity to REALLY screw us over! Would he? Maybe, if I keep pressing his buttons like this.  Cool But that's a risk I'm willing to take!!!

It's win/win for us and status quo for him (he may perceive it as negative though because this will stop his profits, even though it won't take from him unless he does something stupid like sell them all in a rage quit/Leroy Jenkins kind of way...)  Cheesy Cheesy The thing is, if we force him to exit by NOT playing his game, that's actually a win for him too even though he won't see it that way. If he would step aside and let this project play out naturally, it would actually be a bigger monetary gain for him because this project IS going to succeed. I think that is the key to PP's actions. He's not a believer even though I think a part of him would like to be.  Kiss

So? How about it? I've already started. 50 GHs on cryptopoolmining for 10 days. That's my latest financial contribution to the future of this coin. Smiley

If you're hesitant because mining is still a mystery to you, don't be! It is really easy. I'll lay it out for you:

1. Go to https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp and create an account

2. Go to either cryptopoolmining or MiningPoolHub and create an account. For this example, let's assume I chose "Epiphany" as a username. Here are the links:
https://v2.cryptopoolmining.com/slr/index.php?page=login
http://solarcoin.miningpoolhub.com/

3. Once the account is created:
   3.1 go to Edit Account and enter the SLR address you want the mined coins sent to, be anonymous or not and update the account.
   3.2 go to My Workers and pick and worker name along with a worker password and Add New Worker (this is important on NiceHash). Let's say you use the word worker for both as we continue with instructions.
   3.3 Go to Help/Getting Started, you need the info on this screen to set up your NiceHash contract.

4. Go back to NiceHash (maybe those slow BTC have finally arrived by now???  Grin)
   4.1 Go to Orders page and see what the rental prices are. Today 0.38 BTC/GHs/Day seems to be the average, so we'll use that.
   4.2 Once your BTC arrives, go to Account -> New Order and enter the following in the Boxes:

Algorithm -> Scrypt
Pay (Incl fees) -> 1.0 (I'll use 1 BTC to make it easy)
Limit hashing speed (0 for no limit, min. 0.05) -> 0.05 (BE CAREFUL HERE!!! 0.05 is 50 MHs, don't fat finger it and put 50.0, your BTC will be gone in an hour! Yes, it can happen. LOL)
Price -> 0.38

This will give you 52 days of hashing power!!! So let's turn that up a notch and use 0.25 (or 250 MHs), this would last just over 10 days and line up perfectly with the fork.

4.3 Slide down the order page and enter the mining information from the account created in Step 2 and enter the following:

For cryptopoolmining:
Stratum hostname or IP -> eu1.cryptopoolmining.com
Port -> 5108
Username -> Epiphany.worker
Password -> worker (this is the worker password from step 3.2)

For Miningpoolhub:
Stratum hostname or IP -> us-east1.solarcoin.miningpoolhub.com
Port -> 20468
Username -> Epiphany.worker
Password -> worker (this is the worker password from step 3.2)

4.4 Click Create New Order at the bottom of the page and you're done!  Cheesy

Now you can have fun watching the mining dashboard and finding yourself a little more interested in how all of this stuff works under the hood. It will be a great and entertaining learning experience, I promise! 

As for things to keep an eye on. Monitor NiceHash rental prices, they may increase on you. If they do, you'll have to go to your order and increase the price if the mining stops. Also, you can change the hashing power up or down at any time, just remember that those changes affect the time remaining to mine. You can always send more BTC too and refill the order at a later date if you want more hash power for some reason.

Getting familiar with this can also help you play around with some other scrypt coins out there. Once we switch to PoS, this kind of PoW mining no longer works. But you can still apply the knowledge you've gained to mine other coins, there are still lots of them. It really can be alot of fun. Smiley

So that's my idea. Let's rally the troops and have some fun with this. Let's put to the test whether we can fend off an attack in the making! We have even given the enemy an advantage by openly telling him the plan too, why hide?  Cheesy And when we win? We all win. Even PP. And I'm A-OK with that outcome.  Kiss

Share this, spread this, let's see if we have the collective power for an awesome coup!!!

*(Side note: I chose not to call him ghost.trader because I just can't believe he would do this to us. I prefer to think of ghost.trader as our secret protector, so that will be my truth, right or wrong!)

PS: I knew my awesome Civ4 skillz would come in handy if I thought it through. LOL

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:37:20 PM

Your move PP.  Wink

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:11:29 PM

Thank you for reminding me. I've been mining those other coins also. I just tossed a little power onto miningpoolhub.

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

Thank you for reminding me. I've been mining those other coins also. I just tossed a little power onto miningpoolhub.

+8

LuckyKey

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:16:11 AM

There will always be sellers. Someone sold off about a million slr.  It's too bad for the overall price, as that buying could have been a nice boost to the coin price.  However, it's nice to have those ppl out of the picture moving forward  Wink

Solarcoin needs progress. The Foundation needs to incorporate and move on things. The coins development efforts can happen in parallel. Solidify the plan, plot the next steps, and take action!

I'm still very bullish, and holding all coins long term :-)
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:18:20 AM

Epiphany's the snowperson, right?
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 12:56:46 AM

Epiphany's the snowperson, right?

Depends on one's perspective I suppose. Perception is reality and all that. But you make a good point!  Cheesy

freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:08:52 AM

Solarcoin needs progress. The Foundation needs to incorporate and move on things. The coins development efforts can happen in parallel. Solidify the plan, plot the next steps, and take action!

I encourage you to get in touch with the founders, Nick Gogerty and Joe Zitoli, and express your views about the need for progress on organizational development and planning. They are the ones who read the comments posted in this contact form: http://solarcoin.org/volunteer/

I've been pushing for incorporation for months now. Maybe more people need to add their voices and push for it. In the same way that community input was key in the decision to switch to Proof of Stake, community input could persuade Nick and Joe of the need to move forward with creating an official legal existence and structure for the Foundation and a well-written business plan document outlining the next steps for SolarCoin to grow and succeed.

Thanks for supporting SolarCoin and for raising issues you believe are important for its success.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:39:28 AM

Any one with about 2 bitcoins can push this coin back over .01 cent. All my bitcoins are in cold storage so i will let someone else have a chance to get them. Besides i am spoiled buying for .002 cents a few months back Grin  But don't worry fellow solarcoin holders if the price goes to low i will destroy the ask on bittrex. To help support this great coin.

Good luck all.
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:06:37 AM

I encourage you to get in touch with the founders, Nick Gogerty and Joe Zitoli, and express your views about the need for progress on organizational development and planning. They are the ones who read the comments posted in this contact form: http://solarcoin.org/volunteer/

I've been pushing for incorporation for months now. Maybe more people need to add their voices and push for it. In the same way that community input was key in the decision to switch to Proof of Stake, community input could persuade Nick and Joe of the need to move forward with creating an official legal existence and structure for the Foundation and a well-written business plan document outlining the next steps for SolarCoin to grow and succeed.

Thanks for supporting SolarCoin and for raising issues you believe are important for its success.
Hi Freebird,
What do you feel is the reason that incorporation is so important for the immediate future. Is it that it gives credibility to the whole project or is it something else?

Thanks

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:48:59 AM

Hi Freebird,
What do you feel is the reason that incorporation is so important for the immediate future. Is it that it gives credibility to the whole project or is it something else?

Thanks

1. It's a lot easier to raise money for an incorporated business or nonprofit than for an unincorporated project, and I believe any successful startup requires funding.

2. Incorporation would make it possible to legally transfer ownership of the generator pool reserve to an organization, which would follow written policies to ensure security of those coins and would free the founders from any potential legal liability as individuals if something were to go wrong.

3. I think the community should have more input into decision making. This could be formalized through written bylaws for an incorporated organization. We could have membership and members could cast votes on important issues through the SLR blockchain.

A big part of my professional background is in early-stage nonprofits -- helping to establish and manage them. So my bias is that the SolarCoin Foundation should become an incorporated 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit and promote itself as a type of environmental charity. Other people's opinions may be different. Another viable alternative would be to incorporate SolarCoin as a business and pursue venture capital investment.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:16:48 AM

Hi Freebird,

Thanks

1. It's a lot easier to raise money for an incorporated business or nonprofit than for an unincorporated project, and I believe any successful startup requires funding.

2. Incorporation would make it possible to legally transfer ownership of the generator pool reserve to an organization, which would follow written policies to ensure security of those coins and would free the founders from any potential legal liability as individuals if something were to go wrong.

3. I think the community should have more input into decision making. This could be formalized through written bylaws for an incorporated organization. We could have membership and members could cast votes on important issues through the SLR blockchain.

A big part of my professional background is in early-stage nonprofits -- helping to establish and manage them. So my bias is that the SolarCoin Foundation should become an incorporated 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit and promote itself as a type of environmental charity. Other people's opinions may be different. Another viable alternative would be to incorporate SolarCoin as a business and pursue venture capital investment.
It's a bit of a catch 22 really isn't it. I pretty much agree with all your points regarding incorporation but the flip side of that is that you lose a majority of the decentralization and become succeptable to rules and regulations. What if the government decided solarcoin was a pain in the ass and decided to find a bullshit reason to seize the remaining solarcoin in cold storage. The directors would need to comply or face prison charges. With banking interests threatened it could happen don't you thing. I guess the bottom line is... With a corporation running things then there is people who are accountable to government and banking interests.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:23:07 AM

Hi Freebird,

Thanks

It's a bit of a catch 22 really isn't it. I pretty much agree with all your points regarding incorporation but the flip side of that is that you lose a majority of the decentralization and become succeptable to rules and regulations. What if the government decided solarcoin was a pain in the ass and decided to find a bullshit reason to seize the remaining solarcoin in cold storage. The directors would need to comply or face prison charges. With banking interests threatened it could happen don't you thing. I guess the bottom line is... With a corporation running things then there is people who are accountable to government and banking interests.
However!... If the pre generated solarcoin are out of the control of any people or person and function independently through Ethereum or another platform with grants offered automatically through certain technologies applied directly to the panels themselves (as has been discussed before) then there is no one to hold accountable.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:38:33 PM

One thing i like about solarcoins are they are stored on cold storage in safe hands i get nervous when we talk about other people controlling them. Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: