Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:22:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █▓▒░ GAIA Platform [Built in AppStore][POS 2.0][Android] ░▒▓█  (Read 208081 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
covertress

Activity: 694
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:13:52 PM

New Guitar Theme

by Aminerminer

Now Available in the AppStore

\,,/(◣_◢)\,,/   r o c k   \,,/(◣_◢)\,,/

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:40:38 PM

I'm not seeing a link to the main GAIA webpage on the OP ?

could someone share the link for me?  Cheesy

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
paveel90

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 11:45:23 AM

You mean http://www.gaiaplatform.com/ ? Tongue
Johnson_Hoo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:36:29 PM

Thank you very much to all the devs. I have held Gaia for sometime and I only got to download the wallet today. I have to say it is amazing, so well done and best of luck in the future. The more I read your roadmap the more I see limitless number of services that can be hosted (thats if I understood it properly). Thank you and good luck
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:39:56 PM

thats the one Grin lol I bookmarked it this time Wink

this one had me a bit confused, is it part of GAIA as well? http://www.gaiacoin.com/news-details.php?filter=12

WAVES
tiredofscams

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:13:47 PM

thats the one Grin lol I bookmarked it this time Wink

this one had me a bit confused, is it part of GAIA as well? http://www.gaiacoin.com/news-details.php?filter=12

No. That project seems to be stalling and it had more than 7 billion coins. Btw, updates would be great, RagingBull.

When should we expect this: January,  2015: Dynamic Roadmap (TBA)

ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:44:21 AM

hi guys.

ive downloaded and fully synced the wallet.

now what do I need to do?

what is this validate address all about?

can I just move  my coins from trex to the wallet for staking?

cheers

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

paveel90

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:00:49 AM

Yes You can just send coins to Your account address which is visible in "Address book" section. And if You want start staking You must unlock Your wallet (if You locked it before). If wallet is unlocked, he will start staking.
covertress

Activity: 694
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:31:42 PM

hi guys.

cheers

Hey Chris,

'Validate Address' is just a function within the wallet that lets you check a GAIA address to see if it's a valid one. This can be useful when sending coins to an unknown address.

If you move your coins from Bittrex to your GAIAcoin wallet, DO NOT set up any userid or password. Also DO NOT encrypt your wallet. The standard-issue wallet will begin to stake after four hours.

You can double check that you wallet is online and working by doing this: right click on the GAIA icon in your taskbar; then select Launcher. You will see two green lights when your wallet is online.

Hope this helps. Feel free to drop by irc room #GAIAcoin anytime. Someone is always there to help answer questions. Smiley

BTW, I'm doing a special promotion on Twitter. Don't forget to follow me to find out more. Cheesy

#FF @covertress

See you in irc!  Cool
ChrisLandin

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:30:46 PM

hi guys.

cheers

Hey Chris,

'Validate Address' is just a function within the wallet that lets you check a GAIA address to see if it's a valid one. This can be useful when sending coins to an unknown address.

If you move your coins from Bittrex to your GAIAcoin wallet, DO NOT set up any userid or password. Also DO NOT encrypt your wallet. The standard-issue wallet will begin to stake after four hours.

You can double check that you wallet is online and working by doing this: right click on the GAIA icon in your taskbar; then select Launcher. You will see two green lights when your wallet is online.

Hope this helps. Feel free to drop by irc room #GAIAcoin anytime. Someone is always there to help answer questions. Smiley

BTW, I'm doing a special promotion on Twitter. Don't forget to follow me to find out more. Cheesy

#FF @covertress

See you in irc!  Cool

Many thanks for that.

If I don't encrypt my wallet wont that possibly effect the security of my wallet?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:31:10 PM

hi guys.

cheers

Hey Chris,

#FF @covertress

See you in irc!  Cool

Many thanks for that.

If I don't encrypt my wallet wont that possibly effect the security of my wallet?

for sure theres that possibility, I have mine encrypted... the only issue I find with it is there is no "lock" button for when you want to buy apps, when you go to buy an app it asks for your password but if your wallet is already unlocked for staking then it doesn't accept it. I usually just end up re starting the wallet which re locks it

as far as I can tell the "lock" button is the only thing thats missing and it's only a small hassle  (if theres a trick to re locking the wallet I'm missing please let me know)

WAVES
Abbott_Car

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:31:55 PM

nice roadmap with nice project , keep coin bought from ico , and waiting price comes to the moon Smiley.
paveel90

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:10:33 PM

Price and volume raising. That's good prognose.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:23:41 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 11:06:30 PM by fonzerrellie

I've over doubled what I originally bought during the ICO... the platform is too cool and the prices to low to pass up  Shocked

edit: I'm liking the scratch'n win more and more the more I think about it, 5% pos return isn't really enough to get a lot of people staking their coins then if theres movement on the markets people will trade/dump etc

but if every 5 pos blocks your wallet finds get you a chance to win 0 - 10,000 GAIA then it doesn't really matter that the pos return is only 5% it still gives HUGE incentive to hold and try to find as many pos blocks as possible... it's so much better than a super high % rate which comes with an excessive amount of coins created each day. lol I'm not even mad I haven't won any big scratch cards yet ha the next one might be it  Cool

and still no one has been able to show me a cooler wallet/platform in crypto... so I will probably be doubling my weight over the next little while

WAVES
tiredofscams

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:50:24 PM

I've over doubled what I originally bought during the ICO... the platform is too cool and the prices to low to pass up  Shocked

edit: I'm liking the scratch'n win more and more the more I think about it, 5% pos return isn't really enough to get a lot of people staking their coins then if theres movement on the markets people will trade/dump etc

but if every 5 pos blocks your wallet finds get you a chance to win 0 - 10,000 GAIA then it doesn't really matter that the pos return is only 5% it still gives HUGE incentive to hold and try to find as many pos blocks as possible... it's so much better than a super high % rate which comes with an excessive amount of coins created each day. lol I'm not even mad I haven't won any big scratch cards yet ha the next one might be it  Cool

and still no one has been able to show me a cooler wallet/platform in crypto... so I will probably be doubling my weight over the next little while

Yes, the wallet is great and still plenty of room for impovement. But I don't like lack of communication from devs on bct. 10 min a day wouldn't kill anybody, would it? Irc is fine, but this is sort of archive of the progress and everything important should be mentioned here and on slack.

Asking again: When should we expect this: January,  2015: Dynamic Roadmap (TBA)

Thanks
RagingBull (OP)

Activity: 814
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:46:11 AM

but if every 5 pos blocks your wallet finds get you a chance to win 0 - 10,000 GAIA then it doesn't really matter that the pos return is only 5% it still gives HUGE incentive to hold and try to find as many pos blocks as possible... it's so much better than a super high % rate which comes with an excessive amount of coins created each day. lol I'm not even mad I haven't won any big scratch cards yet ha the next one might be it  Cool

Yes, the wallet is great and still plenty of room for impovement. But I don't like lack of communication from devs on bct. 10 min a day wouldn't kill anybody, would it? Irc is fine, but this is sort of archive of the progress and everything important should be mentioned here and on slack.

Asking again: When should we expect this: January,  2015: Dynamic Roadmap (TBA)

Thanks

It's not lack of communication as much as it is being busy and putting in a lot of hours trying to come up with improvements on biweekly basis. We are already in the dynamic road-map stage. The scratch app falls under that category, as it was not part of our original road-map. We will release the app submission service next  and start some brainstorming on our next move, we will launch our giveaways on twitter targeting newcomers into our community. We can use some help from everyone here as well. You all know I invested a large sum of BTC supporting GAIA and removing those GAIA from the market. The devs do not have any sell orders on bittrex and it will not take much effort for the price to be trading at 10x what it is now, but that remains in the hands of the holders. When the time is right I will inject more btc into the GAIA economy, however, I would rather be buying at 7k sats than 400 sats.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:25:47 AM

I think the submission part is key and then little things (like a lock button) but besides that I think they've given us a phenomenal platform to start with, an android wallet is a must, It makes it so much easier to use cryptos in the real world with them (I know theres the logo I'll check again in the op)

I've asked people in the Cryptocurrency Collectors Club on FB to show me a better/cooler wallet/platform and no one has been able too yet  Cool no one has even tried lol hopefully they check out GAIA then don't even bother cause what they were going to suggest is no where near as cool as GAIA

WAVES
ChrisLandin

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:45:00 PM

Hey guys.

How long is staking usually taking? I know its a lottery but my wallet has been open now with 50000 gaia for nearly 48hrs and no pos block found

Any ideas / help?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

LondonMP

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:41:42 PM

Hi RagingBull, Have you thought about creating a partnership with Prypto scratch cards? Gaia seems to be a perfect fit for prypto as the codes can be entered straight into the app (maybe) Smiley and it will help with spreading the word and adoption too (I hope) Smiley

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:53:59 PM

Hey guys.

How long is staking usually taking? I know its a lottery but my wallet has been open now with 50000 gaia for nearly 48hrs and no pos block found

Any ideas / help?

you should be finding a bunch of blocks, the lottery/scratch'n wins you get in addition to your pos reward, every 5 blocks you find you get a new card. as long as you have installed the scratch'n win from the app store Cheesy

I hate to ask the obvious but is your wallet unlocked for staking? the button is in one of the tabs on the top right hand side of the wallet

WAVES
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: