Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: http://www.pyramining.com/ - Discussion thread (no advertising here)  (Read 318068 times)
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:49:51 PM

I sent 1 BTC on 26/6/2013, and when I try to log in it asks me for deposit address, which I don't remember. Is there any way to log in and recover the BTC? I also searched on my inbox but there are no old messages from Pyraming. Thanks for any info.
Look in your transaction history. Or look at blockexplorer.com or blockchain.info and pull up your btc addresses history and look for the one that matches the date and amount of your pyramining deposit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supersajin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 07:15:05 PM

I enter my address to sign message (my payout address) & I_sell_account_XXX_for_0.4125_BTC

And I get invalid signature?

Help

zhitgeist

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:11:51 PM

How much was the value of those 200BTC when you invested them? And how much was the value of the over 50 bitcoins when you received them? Add those $500. Are you still losing money?

Yes. People, don't fall victim to this frauds bull reasoning. I don't care about the fiat value of my bitcoins then. The bitcoins were not sold to you, they were lent to you with the knowledge that they were most likely going to increase in value. Your job was to buy enough bloody mining equipment to keep up with the rise of difficulty. But you have failed, you've failed so hard that a bloody USB miner can accomplish your investment tenfold. I didn't invest a lot, but many people did. Pyramining. you're a loser, and a pathetic failure. And a fraud.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:39:21 PM

How much was the value of those 200BTC when you invested them? And how much was the value of the over 50 bitcoins when you received them? Add those $500. Are you still losing money?

Yes. People, don't fall victim to this frauds bull reasoning. I don't care about the fiat value of my bitcoins then. The bitcoins were not sold to you, they were lent to you with the knowledge that they were most likely going to increase in value. Your job was to buy enough bloody mining equipment to keep up with the rise of difficulty. But you have failed, you've failed so hard that a bloody USB miner can accomplish your investment tenfold. I didn't invest a lot, but many people did. Pyramining. you're a loser, and a pathetic failure. And a fraud.

NO.
You invested your btc knowing that he would convert to fiat to purchase new hardware. The difficulty rise is something you as an informed investor should have been aware of.

He is coming out of his own pocket to buy back accounts from those of who were not well informed and were blinded by $ signs looking to get rich quick and retire off of btc.

Considering that he converts btc to fiat on deposit and has purchased more hardware than the deposits would have allowed. He is under no obligation to buy back accounts. The fact that he is offering this option signifies that this is the farthest thing from a scam.

Yes, if you had held onto your btc you would have more USD value than mining. That has been the reality for sometime now. Your angry that you made a bad investment and your spitting on pyra instead of realizing that you fucked up. Its not pyras fault that you invested your life savings hoping to become a billionaire off someone else's hard work.
ArethusaF38

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:12:24 AM

NO.
You invested your btc knowing that he would convert to fiat to purchase new hardware. The difficulty rise is something you as an informed investor should have been aware of.

He is coming out of his own pocket to buy back accounts from those of who were not well informed and were blinded by $ signs looking to get rich quick and retire off of btc.

Considering that he converts btc to fiat on deposit and has purchased more hardware than the deposits would have allowed. He is under no obligation to buy back accounts. The fact that he is offering this option signifies that this is the farthest thing from a scam.

Yes, if you had held onto your btc you would have more USD value than mining. That has been the reality for sometime now. Your angry that you made a bad investment and your spitting on pyra instead of realizing that you fucked up. Its not pyras fault that you invested your life savings hoping to become a billionaire off someone else's hard work.

Well said, sir.  These idiots screaming 'scam' because they truly didn't understand what they were doing are becoming really tiresome.  I'll be the first to admit I have trouble getting my head around some of the more technical aspects of Bitcoin, but given that I am aware of that fact, I factor it into my risk-taking decisions. 
Certainly, Pyramining hasn't worked out as we would have hoped.  I don't think many people could have foreseen the enormous leaps in difficulty and notoriously patchy development and delivery of new hardware.  That, coupled with the unique reward system of Pyramining have conspired to currently make it unviable.

Pyramining has, to my knowledge, been fair and is doing his best to remedy the situation.  This has been kicked down the road a little, which is frustrating, but he's not the only mining outfit to have been let down by hardware supply.  And as the previous poster pointed out, do you really think a scam artist would refund even part of your deposit?
Frankly, I think the guy deserves a medal for putting up with some of the crap here and still having the integrity to try and rectify the current situation.  I'm sure it would be very easy for him to simply shut up shop and walk away.  I know I wouldn't be too keen to come here every day to a barrage of insult and insinuation.
My only request would be for more updates, even if only to say things are going ahead but no progress to report today.

And if you have any better ideas, let's hear them.
zhitgeist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:34:27 AM

Frankly, I think the guy deserves a medal for putting up with some of the crap here

A medal? You guys want to give him a medal? For losing your money. I am speechless. You people bend over backwards to cater to this guy who lost you sad saps money. Find some balls for crying out loud.

He is under no obligation to buy back accounts. The fact that he is offering this option signifies that this is the farthest thing from a scam.

He is offering this option at ridiculously low prices. You are suckers if you do this. This is just a simple way for him to get rid of any obligation towards you.

The difficulty rise is something you as an informed investor should have been aware of.

And so should have he. Of course I was expecting the difficulty to rise. ASICs were supposed to drive the difficulty skyhigh and so they did. I was expecting pyra to lead the way in ASICs. He had the funds to do that.

All of this is only according to pyra's own words. Pyramining could very well be a ponzi scheme.
merster

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:13:23 AM

pyramining, haven't seen any transactions in my account since "2014-01-14 05:28:44 UTC", any particle reason?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:00:36 AM

Frankly, I think the guy deserves a medal for putting up with some of the crap here

A medal? You guys want to give him a medal? For losing your money. I am speechless. You people bend over backwards to cater to this guy who lost you sad saps money. Find some balls for crying out loud.

He is under no obligation to buy back accounts. The fact that he is offering this option signifies that this is the farthest thing from a scam.

He is offering this option at ridiculously low prices. You are suckers if you do this. This is just a simple way for him to get rid of any obligation towards you.

The difficulty rise is something you as an informed investor should have been aware of.

And so should have he. Of course I was expecting the difficulty to rise. ASICs were supposed to drive the difficulty skyhigh and so they did. I was expecting pyra to lead the way in ASICs. He had the funds to do that.

All of this is only according to pyra's own words. Pyramining could very well be a ponzi scheme.

More Bullshit FUD.

It could be a ponzi except for the fact that you can trace back all payouts to the generation of those coins.

And seriously??? He was supposed to lead the way in asics? What flying elephant whispered this in your ear?
Do you have any idea the cost involved with developing a microchip design for the first time?
Yes, he did design the first gen of asics he is running now, and maybe with where the network has gone he was out of his depth, but he gets kudos from me for having the intelligence and the balls to try.

If you saw the asic generation of miners coming and knew what it would do to the network hashrate, why oh why did you invest in pyra? Why didn't you either just hold your coins or invest in a company that does microchips for their bread and butter? The reason you didn't is that your so full of shit I can smell it from here, you saw pyramining and thought ooohhh easy money I can be a billionaire with this magic internet money. You clearly have no clue how the bitcoin network works, nor do you have any idea what it takes to run a business or investment of any kind.

I could make many critiques of pyramining that unlike yours would be valid, coherent and legitimate. But that would help no one.
We are all in the same boat. I have an understanding of the current situation with pyramining that you apparently lack, and that understanding gives me patience. The biggest issue outside of the difficulty is the bitcoins still owed to the first round of investors, IE the fpga hardware. When those accounts are paid out in full, the hashrate and thus the earnings for the later investors will increase.
However, he is changing the way that new deposits get issued hashrate so this will change the dynamics.

tomatitotarifa

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:44:55 AM

I sent 1 BTC on 26/6/2013, and when I try to log in it asks me for deposit address, which I don't remember. Is there any way to log in and recover the BTC? I also searched on my inbox but there are no old messages from Pyraming. Thanks for any info.
Look in your transaction history. Or look at blockexplorer.com or blockchain.info and pull up your btc addresses history and look for the one that matches the date and amount of your pyramining deposit.

Perfect! Thanks for the advice
zhitgeist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:03:03 AM

More Bullshit FUD.

It could be a ponzi except for the fact that you can trace back all payouts to the generation of those coins.

And seriously??? He was supposed to lead the way in asics? What flying elephant whispered this in your ear?
Do you have any idea the cost involved with developing a microchip design for the first time?

I didn't mean that he was going to develop them, I meant he was going to preorder them.
The reason you didn't is that your so full of shit I can smell it from here, you saw pyramining and thought ooohhh easy money I can be a billionaire with this magic internet money. You clearly have no clue how the bitcoin network works, nor do you have any idea what it takes to run a business or investment of any kind.

Go kiss his ass more. Like I said before, I didn't invest much at all. I didn't trust pyra then and now I see I was right. My potential losses were only a few hundred dollars. I'm pissed because many other people invested A LOT.

Do you have any idea what it takes to run a business or investment of any kind.

Do you? Apparently you let people rob you, then you jump to their defense.
supersajin

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:34:34 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully quit?

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:36:09 PM

More Bullshit FUD.

I didn't mean that he was going to develop them, I meant he was going to preorder them.
The reason you didn't is that your so full of shit I can smell it from here, you saw pyramining and thought ooohhh easy money I can be a billionaire with this magic internet money. You clearly have no clue how the bitcoin network works, nor do you have any idea what it takes to run a business or investment of any kind.

Go kiss his ass more. Like I said before, I didn't invest much at all. I didn't trust pyra then and now I see I was right. My potential losses were only a few hundred dollars. I'm pissed because many other people invested A LOT.

Do you have any idea what it takes to run a business or investment of any kind.

Do you? Apparently you let people rob you, then you jump to their defense.

So first he was supposed to "lead the way" in asics, which most people would understand to means produce asics better and faster than anyone else. But now you mean he should have preordered asics? When he has refused to do so because he doesn't want to tie up investors funds. Lets say he had preordered from bitmine or hashfast, what would you be saying now with delays at those companies?

I feel for you if you think that my standing up to unsubstantiated and ignorant FUD is kissing his ass.
I do in fact have a lot of experience running my own business as well as investing in various instruments, exchanges, etc.

The reason I waste my time posting in response to BS like yours is that I am tired of legitimate discussions being trolled away and hidden from view because people like you were greedy and either cashed out a CC or invested your rent money hoping to become a billionaire.
Mining for most people has never and will never be a get rich quick opportunity. It takes time, investment and knowledge. 2 of which you apparently lack in.

Pyra's reward design is only flawed because NO ONE saw the quick jump from gpu/fpga mining to asics. He took in a lot of BTC when it was cheap and used it for FPGA and then the design and implementation of asic. Its because of the spike in price as well as asic that pyramining is a bit off at the moment.
Other types of investments might have said the hardware you bought is no longer profitable so your deposit is null and void. Pyramining on the other hand splits new hardware purchases with older deposits so that everyone will eventually get their return.

If you go back through this thread you will see plenty of people who see pyramining for what it is, a long term investment.
It is frustrating that pyra hasn't already brought on 100s of ths to get things moving, but if you have a basic understanding of the way bitcoin works as well some basic math skills, you are able to see that he is waiting for the difficulty increases to level off.
We likely will see a network hashrate at 100phs with difficulty near 15billion before it levels off, but it will. The larger the network gets the more hardware is needed to make an impact, and until we see 14nm chips capable of 1ths each and very low power requirements, it can't keep growing like this.

GoogleHash

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:28:30 PM

As A pyramining investor from the start I believe anybody involved in pyramining will be successful! be positive!
alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:42:45 AM

I know my deposit address and payout address but I think I lost the private key to the payout address...am I shit out of luck?

I may have access to the address I used to send to the deposit address, but I'm not sure.

Is there any way to prove ownership of account and then change the payout address to one I do own?
lemat11

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:07:44 AM

New infrastructure ....when?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:59:59 PM

New infrastructure ....when?
Last estimate by pyra is 2nd week of march it should be all up and running.
lemat11

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:06:56 PM

Ok , wait and see...
supersajin

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:55:29 PM

Can someone please explain why/how every day I check this dead mining site I have fewer Bitcoins??

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:01:38 PM

Can someone please explain why/how every day I check this dead mining site I have fewer Bitcoins??

elaborate
thebitboy

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:30:07 PM

There's something that I don't understand. Will the new infrastructure benefit old deposits? Or it will only allow new/queued deposits to become active?

In other words, is it possible that things will move faster for us, and we'll get our money back in less than 700+ months?
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: