Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The full truth behind ShadowCash/Coin trolls and their attacks on other coins.  (Read 48395 times)
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:11:28 AM

I think the altcoin scene needs a fact checker service - I think there is market demand for an independent authority. Like the article suggests many coins (with merit) simply get knocked down due to professional FUD.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stealthcoin-price-plummets-amid-overt-community-chaos/

Cryptoasian is on the right track - but I think if a panel of respected developers were in charge of this it could work. Here's an example: When an unwarranted FUD attack takes place on a thread/twitter/etc, the developers from the top coins/cryptographic community are called upon to address the community under attack - via a google public hangout/live youtube stream/reddit ama

It may resemble something like this format wise (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0KV0lesSK8&list=UUR9gdpWisRwnk_k23GsHfcA)

They address the FUD and vote if it's warranted or not. It's not a perfect system/example but it's just an idea floating in my head. Help me refine it if you can.

I'm interested to hear what people think.

I would definitely say it's a step it the right direction. I didn't watch it in it's entirety. It's long & I have a headache. But yes... Skype, faces, people can't delete what they disagree with.

It's funny, Shadow has now opened their thread... probably to save face. I'm sure anything particularly threatening will vanish in a matter of time. They are playing a game & they're good at it.
Earlier this morning the Dev called out to put a stop to the FUDing & I thanked him for it. Guess what? He deleted both posts hours later (both mine & his own).
They are trying to pretending to be transparent now.
It appears they are letting criticism be posted for the moment, but they are cherrypicking older criticism one by one... as it's less noticeable. By morning I'm sure it'll all be gone.

Also, I noticed the FUD attack started as soon as Bobsurplus went on vacation; this was timed perfectly on their part as they probably assumed he would put up huge buy walls.

Thanks for the feedback the video was just to demonstrate how the format would look the video content isn't relevant  - Also, check your browser history you might just be able to pull up a snap shot of the dev asking for his community to stop the FUD. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
risefromtheashes74

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:25:30 AM

I think the altcoin scene needs a fact checker service - I think there is market demand for an independent authority. Like the article suggests many coins (with merit) simply get knocked down due to professional FUD.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stealthcoin-price-plummets-amid-overt-community-chaos/

Cryptoasian is on the right track - but I think if a panel of respected developers were in charge of this it could work. Here's an example: When an unwarranted FUD attack takes place on a thread/twitter/etc, the developers from the top coins/cryptographic community are called upon to address the community under attack - via a google public hangout/live youtube stream/reddit ama

It may resemble something like this format wise (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0KV0lesSK8&list=UUR9gdpWisRwnk_k23GsHfcA)

They address the FUD and vote if it's warranted or not. It's not a perfect system/example but it's just an idea floating in my head. Help me refine it if you can.

I'm interested to hear what people think.

I would definitely say it's a step it the right direction. I didn't watch it in it's entirety. It's long & I have a headache. But yes... Skype, faces, people can't delete what they disagree with.

It's funny, Shadow has now opened their thread... probably to save face. I'm sure anything particularly threatening will vanish in a matter of time. They are playing a game & they're good at it.
Earlier this morning the Dev called out to put a stop to the FUDing & I thanked him for it. Guess what? He deleted both posts hours later (both mine & his own).
They are trying to pretending to be transparent now.
It appears they are letting criticism be posted for the moment, but they are cherrypicking older criticism one by one... as it's less noticeable. By morning I'm sure it'll all be gone.

Also, I noticed the FUD attack started as soon as Bobsurplus went on vacation; this was timed perfectly on their part as they probably assumed he would put up huge buy walls.

Thanks for the feedback the video was just to demonstrate how the format would look the video content isn't relevant  - Also, check your browser history you might just be able to pull up a snap shot of the dev asking for his community to stop the FUD. 

Cool will do, but I did just get this gem of a snapshot I wanted to preserve, in case they decide to flush it down the memoryhole 1984 style:

http://i62.tinypic.com/fbc6c8.jpg
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:50:14 AM

the older members from xst community know who is Hondo in the real world.
He is a scientist, a great researcher at a major university in USA.
Unlike most of those kids that usually "develop" coins

Why are you deleting my posts that say this?

If that were true, he would have probably had his whitepaper peer reviewed before dumping it on people with flashy colors and a catchy layout.

in the beginning xst not had any attractive layout or flashy colors similar to this thread here.
The community asked Hondo to put a graphic designer in devteam.
If the xst thread was not blocked, I would paste here  my posts asking for it

My main point had nothing to do with colors and layout.

If you look closely, you'll see that the title is: "Stealthsend White Paper Brief"

When Hondo announced it would make a white paper explaining stealthsend and Chandran, I sent pm to him asking don't this to prevent opportunistic devs from other coins, like shadowcoin, take advantage and to cast before that XST.

He answered me it was just a brief explanation and white paper would be released in November, few days before stealthsend to prevent that.

You can see this in the roadmap and if you want i can send to you by pm my message to Hondo in august.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 02:04:38 AM

Opened up my eyes... I have connections with some people on the inside of SDC, I'll ask around and see what's going on.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:17:19 AM

Opened up my eyes... I have connections with some people on the inside of SDC, I'll ask around and see what's going on.

This thread is nothing more than a baseless scam accusation. It's product of a review of XST's StealthSend whitepaper which never made it into production. The XST developer promised to deliver his spec without testing or having it peer reviewed. This is by definition vapor and as a result smart investor exited Stealthcoin. Rather than accept reality they've chose to smear one of the leading pioneers in the privacy space, Shadow.

The review happened on the fly by a few of the Bitcoin core developers: Greg Maxwell and Andytoshi.
A log is available here: http://pastebin.com/uaFHZUm2

Quote From Greg Maxwell regarding XST:

bjjb: At the same time I would argue that Hondo has demonstrated good work ethic and some integrity.  I do not think that he is the type of person to profit like that.  It seems very counter to my experiences with him.
[01:38am] bjjb: If this is truly a work of his passion, maybe he will find a way to make it work. I do appreciate the skeptic professional opinions tonight - they are rare in the trade scene.
[01:40am] nessence joined the chat room.
[01:40am] gmaxwell: You can't really honest effort yourself through something that is just not applicable, and probably not through not knowing what you're doing. ... and you speak of integrity, but launching some speculative asset when you've not done the work?  I don't think that is something that speaks of integrity.

This thread serves as a recovery for people who chased riches without doing their due diligence before investing in XST. BobSurplus who is a known scammer was pumping Stealthcoin and people still refused to recognize the scam.

The SDC richlist is available here: http://sdc.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/ There is nothing truthful about the scam accusations made by these poor souls who suffered at the hands of their own ignorance.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:25:11 AM

This thread is nothing more than a baseless scam accusation. It's product of a review of XST's StealthSend whitepaper which never made it into production. The XST developer promised to deliver his spec without testing or having it peer reviewed. This is by definition vapor and as a result smart investor exited Stealthcoin. Rather than accept reality they've chose to smear one of the leading pioneers in the privacy space, Shadow.

The review happened on the fly by a few of the Bitcoin core developers: Greg Maxwell and Andytoshi.
A log is available here: http://pastebin.com/uaFHZUm2

Quote From Greg Maxwell regarding XST:

bjjb: At the same time I would argue that Hondo has demonstrated good work ethic and some integrity.  I do not think that he is the type of person to profit like that.  It seems very counter to my experiences with him.
[01:38am] bjjb: If this is truly a work of his passion, maybe he will find a way to make it work. I do appreciate the skeptic professional opinions tonight - they are rare in the trade scene.
[01:40am] nessence joined the chat room.
[01:40am] gmaxwell: You can't really honest effort yourself through something that is just not applicable, and probably not through not knowing what you're doing. ... and you speak of integrity, but launching some speculative asset when you've not done the work?  I don't think that is something that speaks of integrity.

This thread serves as a recovery for people who chased riches without doing their due diligence before investing in XST. BobSurplus who is a known scammer was pumping Stealthcoin and people still refused to recognize the scam.

The SDC richlist is available here: http://sdc.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/ There is nothing truthful about the scam accusations made by these poor souls who suffered at the hands of their own ignorance.

Before addressing the criticisms raised in this thread, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for these criticisms. Although some believe the manner in which they have been introduced may not be optimal to promote civil discourse, they are valuable criticisms nevertheless, and help to strengthen crypto-currencies in general. It is far better to address weaknesses in crypto systems during implementation than it is to address attacks after deployment.

Chandran signatures [1] make use of a common reference string. The common reference string generator (CRSGen) is a necessity for a model that does not require a random oracle, as described in [1]. CRSGen produces a string that is used as an input to a key generation function. The key generation function produces the user's public-private key pair. This key pair has specific properties in that it is a member of a particular mathematical group. In principle, key generation can be replaced by a cryptographic one-way function if the random oracle assumption is introduced.

Admittedly a more difficult issue to address is one of "unlinkability/untraceability", which boils down to the potential for a double spend. In short, Chandran signatures require the generation of a secret random parameter, g, that serves as an input to a "commitment" to a specific key in the key ring. This commitment basically identifies the public key from which the money is spent. The problem is that any number of g can be produced, creating the potential for any number of commitments to the specific public key.

In reality, this same issue exists with CryptoNote ring signatures except that the CryptoNote system incorporates a key image, I, into signing and verification, such that I can only ever be used once. A similar approach can be taken with Chandran signatures. As presented in [1], a key image I can be incorporated into Step 3 of signing and appended to the final signature. In addition to other parameters, Step 3 commits to the public keys of a subset of the ring. Just as with CryptoNote ring signatures, such a modification would commit to the key image and prevent its use for double-spends.

[1] Chandran N., et al. Ring Signatures of Sub-linear Size Without Random Oracles. ICALP 2007, LNCS 4596, pp. 423–434, 2007.

-- Hondo

the older members from xst community know who is Hondo in the real world.
He is a scientist, a great researcher at a major university in USA.
Unlike most of those kids that usually develop coins
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:25:44 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 03:09:12 AM by EmilioMann

wait, the anon of shadowcoin will be based on zerocoin / zerocash? The same of all other anon scamcoins?
How if these two are incompatible tecnologies and the real dev abandoned these projects when he realized that didn't work?
Longandshort and coinstoryteller  going to make a miracle?

or after learning about the Hondo's project in stealthcoin now they will transform shadowcoin into cryptonote too?
But they know how to implement Chandran signatures? No?
Hmmm things are getting clearer now.
risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:28:38 AM

I think this validates my suspicion about the timing of the FUD attacks, which I have mentioned earlier.

EDIT: I am neither defending nor bashing Bob.  I am merely pointing out the deliberate timing of the attacks.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:45:08 AM

Stealthcoin holders, you need to calm the fuck down before you start accusing coins of being scams.

This all started with some twitter nonsense when Stealthcoin implemented Shadowcash's stealth address (same exact code). Hondo gave Shadowcash the credit by leaving the copyright in the coin. When certain member's of the shadow community tried correcting some Stealthcoin holders on twitter, they were met with hostility.

Longandshort investigated your coin, found something that he personally thought was fishy so he asked for expert opinions. He posted those opinions in the Stealthcoin thread and was again met with severe hostility. In defending himself, his original intent of posting in your thread was destroyed by your attacks on the coin that he had listed in his signature. When his friend came to his aid, you decided that this was a conspiracy to try and destroy Stealthcoin.

In your minds, the reason for the drop in Stealthcoin's price is because of an orchestrated attack by the Shadowcash community. This is a delusional thought pattern. The shadow community tried (as friends) to pull certain posters out of your thread, knowing it was doing nothing but perpetuating hate and hostility.

The real reason that Stealthcoin is dropping in price is because bobsurplus and/or other pump'n'dump whales/dolphins have taken their profits and exited your coin. They have found new hype surrounding new coins to exploit. This is a continuing cycle that keeps occurring. It happened with Cloakcoin, it happened with Librexcoin, and now it is happening to Stealthcoin. Open your eyes my friends. History teaches us lessons. Read and learn.

Your community is overly hostile and toxic. You are unjustly blaming and attacking another community for shit happening to you right now. Grow up.
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:03:29 AM

Stealthcoin holders, you need to calm the fuck down before you start accusing coins of being scams.

This all started with some twitter nonsense when Stealthcoin implemented Shadowcash's stealth address (same exact code). Hondo gave Shadowcash the credit by leaving the copyright in the coin. When certain member's of the shadow community tried correcting some Stealthcoin holders on twitter, they were met with hostility.

Longandshort investigated your coin, found something that he personally thought was fishy so he asked for expert opinions. He posted those opinions in the Stealthcoin thread and was again met with severe hostility. In defending himself, his original intent of posting in your thread was destroyed by your attacks on the coin that he had listed in his signature. When his friend came to his aid, you decided that this was a conspiracy to try and destroy Stealthcoin.

In your minds, the reason for the drop in Stealthcoin's price is because of an orchestrated attack by the Shadowcash community. This is a delusional thought pattern. The shadow community tried (as friends) to pull certain posters out of your thread, knowing it was doing nothing but perpetuating hate and hostility.

The real reason that Stealthcoin is dropping in price is because bobsurplus and/or other pump'n'dump whales/dolphins have taken their profits and exited your coin. They have found new hype surrounding new coins to exploit. This is a continuing cycle that keeps occurring. It happened with Cloakcoin, it happened with Librexcoin, and now it is happening to Stealthcoin. Open your eyes my friends. History teaches us lessons. Read and learn.

Your community is overly hostile and toxic. You are unjustly blaming and attacking another community for shit happening to you right now. Grow up.

Nop,  you're lying
Hondo answered and longandshort, pookie aka MR BOH (twitter) and others  ignored the answer and continued their fud in bitcointalk and twitter.
For 3 days no one xst supporter go to shadowcoin thread to say anything against you guys.
we asked you guys to stop with so many lies, fud and troll
Now our thread was blocked, prices down and too late to you, to your shitscamcoin and to this shit community
You scammers and pump&dumpers from shadowcoin deserve to die.
You destroy several new good coins with your FUD and your bots in bittrex.

risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:16:31 AM

Nop,  you're lying
Hondo answered and longandshort, pookie aka MR BOH (twitter) and others  ignored the answer and continued their fud in bitcointalk and twitter.
For 3 days no one xst supporter go to shadowcoin thread to say anything against you guys.
we asked you guys to stop with so many lies, fud and troll
Now our thread was blocked, prices down and too late to you, to your shitscamcoin and to this shit community
You scammers from shadowcoin deserve to die.
You destroy several new good coins with your FUD and your bots in bittrex.

This is exactly how it happened. I was unfortunate enough to have been home sick from work... so I saw the whole thing go down like a train wreck. It was timed & orchestrated. Not to mention, Pookie has definitely been trolling us long before. Not sure of the others, as I don't always have time to read the thread... though like a bad train wreck & couldn't stop looking at it.
Wheatclove

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:32:10 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 03:52:59 AM by Wheatclove

For the record: Here is Longandshort defending Hondo and Stealthcoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg9053355#msg9053355)

People in the stealthcoin thread started flaming and trolling him shortly after...

Then Longandshort starting investigating. On 10/07/2014 he revealed that Stealthcoin's TOR implementation was copied code from RAZOR (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg9117881#msg9117881). Cat is out of the bag. A whale starts to quicken his exit. Almost 1,000,000 XST is market dumped, flashing the price from 9.9k sats to 2.2k sats. Stealthcoin never fully recovers.

People in the stealthcoin thread once again resorted to flaming and trolling. Dick measuring competition gets out of hand. Longandshort starts getting mad. Having to defend himself and coins that have actually written original code. (You can literally view the githubs of the coins in question and see the exact same code, with certain variables having their names changed.)

Keep in mind that this is in the same timeframe that Shadow is being attacked by IOCoin because they were beat to implementing a HTML5 front end into a wallet, so tensions are really high already. IOCoin uses daemon backend, SDC uses QT backend. Somehow using QT backend instead of daemon means the HTML5 frontend doesn't count according to the attacks on SDC (OFFTOPIC).

Longandshort digs deeper while Stealthcoin posters are attempting to penetrate every orifice of his body. His research leads him to the conclusion that the tech laid out in Stealthsend whitepaper might not work as it was originally theorized by Hondo. Pookielax ALWAYS follows the action around to dig up dirt and ALWAYS has to take screenshots of shit in order to flame (btw, no offense to pookielax, but nobody honestly takes him very seriously and I haven't seen anyone commemorate him for his blatant trolling).

10/10/2014 Pookielax releases this picture (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg9149349). Keep in mind this is after 3 days of constant flame war occurring so the inflammatory nature of these postings can be somewhat forgiven. Another 850,000 XST is dumped on the market. Price goes from 7.3k SATS to 3.3k SATS. Flame war escalates to epic proportions, SDC thread is invaded by trolls trying to get people to dump SDC. XST thread gets spammed by their own community trolls. XST thread gets locked. This thread gets created.

Timeline of events for anyone who wishes to honestly research this. I've made it a little easier.

risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:34:42 AM

Another nice capture:

http://i58.tinypic.com/sl08ya.jpg

Also, I wouldn't recommend posting in their thread. They opened it up to make them look like victims. Also cherry-picking what they delete. Been watching it, but staying quit.
Btw, I don't think any of us should be bashing Viper1. He's got no dog in this race & the screenshot I took of his post earlier is actually helpful to us.
PoopieLaxitive31 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Pushing real hard!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:37:13 AM

Pookielax31 aka Boh and TrollsRoyce aka coolstoryteller have trolled SXT and other coins a lot. Anytime someone uses an "open source" item linked to ShadowCoin even if credit is given go on the attack. They own millions of SDC coins and will do anything to protect their baby even if their dev wants to share by having it open source for ALL to USE. They brag how they tormented some coins launch and how they trolled in LXK and lied they released the 1st coin staking android wallet even though the store shows LXC's was posted days before. Then when called out on it they cry victim. This thread exist because of their deletion of opposing views in the ShadowCoin/cash thread. TrollsRoyce admonishes people and when they reply he or who ever is driving the SDC dev account only deletes the dissenting post. That Nazi bullshit wont happen here.
sibcurrency

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:40:24 AM

Just checked:

Read    Today at 12:56:59 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 02:51:32 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 03:01:53 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 03:02:52 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 03:04:05 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 03:04:15 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 03:05:05 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 03:06:47 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    
Read    Today at 03:07:15 AM    Deleted Post    Bitcoin Forum    

ShadowTrash Developers deleted all 'unwanted' posts.
They wanted to hide the truth about their dirty hands.

[XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthSend, World's first anonymous SMS
Wheatclove

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:43:51 AM

This is exactly how it happened. I was unfortunate enough to have been home sick from work... so I saw the whole thing go down like a train wreck. It was timed & orchestrated. Not to mention, Pookie has definitely been trolling us long before. Not sure of the others, as I don't always have time to read the thread... though like a bad train wreck & couldn't stop looking at it.

So you are saying that an illiterate and dyslexic man successfully orchestrated a systematic FUD attack on your coin from his original account with no basis of truth in his attacks which caused someone to dump 90 btc worth of XST at once and then 60 btc worth of XST 3 days later?

Also pookie is a troll. He attacks everything and nothing he ever says should be taken seriously. I think almost all of crypto knows that.
sibcurrency

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:46:03 AM

So you are saying that an illiterate and dyslexic man successfully orchestrated a systematic FUD attack on your coin from his original account with no basis of truth in his attacks which caused someone to dump 90 btc worth of XST at once and then 60 btc worth of XST 3 days later?

Also pookie is a troll. He attacks everything and nothing he ever says should be taken seriously. I think almost all of crypto knows that.

Why your 'nice' developers deleted posts? Wink

[XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthSend, World's first anonymous SMS
Wheatclove

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:51:09 AM

Why your 'nice' developers deleted posts? Wink

Because he's trying to keep our thread civilized and not covered in shit. They welcome civil discussion without personal attacks and inflammatory comments directed at community members.
Wheatclove

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:53:50 AM

Pookielax31 (Boh on twitter) is a ShadowCoin troll. He attacks most coins to help his most favorite financial attachment as does TrollsRoyce (on twitter) aka CoolStoryTeller. They have other alts accounts too.

Good post and even better activity level.
risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:53:57 AM

No, but an illiterate and dyslexic man was dumb enough to brag of being a part of it. There was more than one person, obviously.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: