Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The full truth behind ShadowCash/Coin trolls and their attacks on other coins.  (Read 48395 times)
risefromtheashes74

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:17:40 PM

Oh look what just came though my inbox...
Top featured story on CryptoCoins News:

http://i57.tinypic.com/331j97m.jpg

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stealthcoin-price-plummets-amid-overt-community-chaos/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FurianSun

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:20:41 PM

I sold all my SDC coins after they attack and called me a troll because I was having trouble with a wallet and asked if it wasn't working or how to get it going. Oh yeah it was when they had a very slow network I asked about my why my coins took so long to move from exchange to wallet. They even begged to have people stake coins because the network was so slow. I'm called a troll because I dared to ask about this on the SDC thread? That and a the crap with claiming 1st wallet or whatever when it was obviously done by LXC coin guys turned me off of ShadowCoin. It was called that when I owned and now it's ShadowCash. Same coin other wise. Must just be putting lipstick on the piggybank. Smiley
O_Omaha

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

Wrongful things being said in this thread ShadowCash has pioneered some great code.

What exactly?  First staking mobile wallet?

Or the stealth addresses that StealthCoin has because the ShadowCash devs were generous enough to open source the code?

I realise a lot of you guys are angry, but try to remember who your fight is with. If you attack the Shadow dev you'll lose because he had nothing to do with this, and if there are any honest people left in crypto I'd wager he is one of them. I won't even go into his work - anyone who takes the time to look into it sees that it speaks for itself.

People seem to be blaming LongAndShort for the drop in Stealth's price, but if all it takes is one person raising questions (albeit very persistenly) to crash the market, how solid is the coin's foundation in the first place?

"If you attack the Shadow dev you'll lose because he had nothing to do with this, and if there are any honest people left in crypto I'd wager he is one of them."

There are lot's of angry people over in the cinnicoin community that would spit in your face if you muttered that.  If you havent already, why not educate yourself on the facts? read thru cinni coin thread.

Sad to see the people crying "fud" becoming the fudsters. The dev claimed a bounty by implementing encrypted messaging in Cinni, thereby adding value to the coin. He had no obligations to Cinni beyond that and the Cinni devs have even said that they were on good terms when he left to start Shadow.

So it's your word, verses the word of the Cinni devs themselves. Any other misconceptions/misinformation you'd like help with?

His word against many respected cinnicoin investors that have no reason to lie.   hmmm...

My beef is not with the developer.  So lets stop this.

No, you don't get off that easy if you are going to be lying about people (even if it is out of frustration).

Hello,

For those who remember, I was a former volunteer dev / proj mgr / comm mgr for Cinni.  Please allow me to clear the FUD on rynomster's name (as this was brought to my attention by trolls posting in XC's thread).

Rynomster came to help Cinni with it's encrypted messaging system (per a bounty).  After this work was finished, he himself decided to not continue on with Cinni (for his own reasons, which frankly should not matter).  His contribution towards the Cinni project started on good terms, and he left Cinni project on good terms -- as far as the dev team was concerned.  

As for the issue related to Cinni PoS, I can verify that rynomster did indeed email fixes to the PoS code to cinnidev.  And to my knowledge, cinnidev committed them (however, if cinnidev truly committed them will need to be verified by cinnidev / rynomster).  Now, whether or not rynomsters fixes corrected absolutely every issue with Cinni's PoS, I cannot answer -- but I do know that rynomster emailed fixes on the PoS code.

Nevertheless -- why are we attacking rynomster?  If you are going to call him a liar, then you will have to call both myself and cinnidev liars.  But let me ask you -- who else would know the facts better than the dev team?  Cinnidev likewise can and should confirm everything that I have said.  Anyone who says anything contrary to the facts that I have just stated is a liar, or is ignorant to what actually happened.

Again, rynomster was offered a bounty to build encrypted messaging for Cinni -- this he did in a successful and timely manner.  Once this work was completed, he was by no means obligated to continue developing for Cinni.  Even Cinni's PoS issue he was not obligated to look at or fix, but he was kind enough to.  Please refrain from attacking him, his character, or his new coin.  

battbot
I can confirm that what Battbot is saying is correct.

Be careful you don't become what you hate.

Best of luck to you.

You too, bro and BTW I'm not lying, I'm just re-expressing the sentiment of many, many, cinnicoin investors. Why would they lie?

I've just quoted you a comment from the main cinni dev and another contributor. If investors are claiming otherwise, all I can say is that sometimes people act irrationally when they find out that they've invested in a project without properly investigating its validity.

You got the SDC blinders on bro!  I know, I know, when you are invested in a coin and really believe in it, it's almost like gang mentality. So I won't try to change your mind. Just remember that things arent always what they seem and occam's razor doesn't apply in this crazy convoluted game.

So your reply is... "uh, well... you're just like blinded bro". So now you're attacking me instead of addressing my point. Again, can you provide any evidence that would prove false the quotes from the Cinni devs themselves? Or are you just going to resort to another ad hominem?

You're not replying to this then? Not going to apologise for spreading falsehoods about someone who's done nothing to you?

Seb.
I didn't claim anything. I simply said that "There are lot's of angry people over in the cinnicoin community that would spit in your face if you muttered that. "  and "I'm just re-expressing the sentiment of many, many, cinnicoin investors."

Like I said read the cinni thread and if you are sincerely concerned about it, ask some of the members there that say he is lying.

I wont respond to anything further on this issue.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

I sold all my SDC coins after they attack and called me a troll because I was having trouble with a wallet and asked if it wasn't working or how to get it going. Oh yeah it was when they had a very slow network I asked about my why my coins took so long to move from exchange to wallet. They even begged to have people stake coins because the network was so slow. I'm called a troll because I dared to ask about this on the SDC thread? That and a the crap with claiming 1st wallet or whatever when it was obviously done by LXC coin guys turned me off of ShadowCoin. It was called that when I owned and now it's ShadowCash. Same coin other wise. Must just be putting lipstick on the piggybank. Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=364778;sa=showPosts;start=40

According to your post history you never asked for such a help. You are a SDC fudder and XST supporter since the beginning, lier.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:33:27 PM

According to your post history you never asked for such a help. You are a SDC fudder and XST supporter since the beginning, lier.

The post was most likely deleted.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:34:13 PM

please, read again.
He was trolling in xst thread like all others from sdc community
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:36:09 PM

please, read again.
He is trolling in xst thread like all others from sdc community

sorry freudian lips, meant to type SDC and XST fudder

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:40:07 PM

Wrongful things being said in this thread ShadowCash has pioneered some great code.

What exactly?  First staking mobile wallet?

Or the stealth addresses that StealthCoin has because the ShadowCash devs were generous enough to open source the code?

I realise a lot of you guys are angry, but try to remember who your fight is with. If you attack the Shadow dev you'll lose because he had nothing to do with this, and if there are any honest people left in crypto I'd wager he is one of them. I won't even go into his work - anyone who takes the time to look into it sees that it speaks for itself.

People seem to be blaming LongAndShort for the drop in Stealth's price, but if all it takes is one person raising questions (albeit very persistenly) to crash the market, how solid is the coin's foundation in the first place?

"If you attack the Shadow dev you'll lose because he had nothing to do with this, and if there are any honest people left in crypto I'd wager he is one of them."

There are lot's of angry people over in the cinnicoin community that would spit in your face if you muttered that.  If you havent already, why not educate yourself on the facts? read thru cinni coin thread.

Sad to see the people crying "fud" becoming the fudsters. The dev claimed a bounty by implementing encrypted messaging in Cinni, thereby adding value to the coin. He had no obligations to Cinni beyond that and the Cinni devs have even said that they were on good terms when he left to start Shadow.

So it's your word, verses the word of the Cinni devs themselves. Any other misconceptions/misinformation you'd like help with?

His word against many respected cinnicoin investors that have no reason to lie.   hmmm...

My beef is not with the developer.  So lets stop this.

No, you don't get off that easy if you are going to be lying about people (even if it is out of frustration).

Hello,

For those who remember, I was a former volunteer dev / proj mgr / comm mgr for Cinni.  Please allow me to clear the FUD on rynomster's name (as this was brought to my attention by trolls posting in XC's thread).

Rynomster came to help Cinni with it's encrypted messaging system (per a bounty).  After this work was finished, he himself decided to not continue on with Cinni (for his own reasons, which frankly should not matter).  His contribution towards the Cinni project started on good terms, and he left Cinni project on good terms -- as far as the dev team was concerned.  

As for the issue related to Cinni PoS, I can verify that rynomster did indeed email fixes to the PoS code to cinnidev.  And to my knowledge, cinnidev committed them (however, if cinnidev truly committed them will need to be verified by cinnidev / rynomster).  Now, whether or not rynomsters fixes corrected absolutely every issue with Cinni's PoS, I cannot answer -- but I do know that rynomster emailed fixes on the PoS code.

Nevertheless -- why are we attacking rynomster?  If you are going to call him a liar, then you will have to call both myself and cinnidev liars.  But let me ask you -- who else would know the facts better than the dev team?  Cinnidev likewise can and should confirm everything that I have said.  Anyone who says anything contrary to the facts that I have just stated is a liar, or is ignorant to what actually happened.

Again, rynomster was offered a bounty to build encrypted messaging for Cinni -- this he did in a successful and timely manner.  Once this work was completed, he was by no means obligated to continue developing for Cinni.  Even Cinni's PoS issue he was not obligated to look at or fix, but he was kind enough to.  Please refrain from attacking him, his character, or his new coin.  

battbot
I can confirm that what Battbot is saying is correct.

Be careful you don't become what you hate.

Best of luck to you.

You too, bro and BTW I'm not lying, I'm just re-expressing the sentiment of many, many, cinnicoin investors. Why would they lie?

I've just quoted you a comment from the main cinni dev and another contributor. If investors are claiming otherwise, all I can say is that sometimes people act irrationally when they find out that they've invested in a project without properly investigating its validity.

You got the SDC blinders on bro!  I know, I know, when you are invested in a coin and really believe in it, it's almost like gang mentality. So I won't try to change your mind. Just remember that things arent always what they seem and occam's razor doesn't apply in this crazy convoluted game.

So your reply is... "uh, well... you're just like blinded bro". So now you're attacking me instead of addressing my point. Again, can you provide any evidence that would prove false the quotes from the Cinni devs themselves? Or are you just going to resort to another ad hominem?

You're not replying to this then? Not going to apologise for spreading falsehoods about someone who's done nothing to you?

Seb.
I didn't claim anything. I simply said that "There are lot's of angry people over in the cinnicoin community that would spit in your face if you muttered that. "  and "I'm just re-expressing the sentiment of many, many, cinnicoin investors."

Like I said read the cinni thread and if you are sincerely concerned about it, ask some of the members there that say he is lying.

I wont respond to anything further on this issue.

That's like me saying well StealthCoin's vapourware because I read it on the Stealth thread. The Cinni devs have put those claims to bed. If any Cinni investors have any evidence to back up their claims let them come here and back them up. Otherwise you trying to cast doubt over the claims of the Shadow and Cinni devs is just another way to lash out because you blame members of the Shadow community for Stealth's fall in price.

When I invest, I do it carefully. And the amount of people in the community that I think are dumbasses doesn't enter the equation. The Shadow devs are no more responsible for the actions of all the community members than Hondo is for yours.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:49:13 PM

shadowcash blocked his thread again and my criticism went unanswered. Does someone can answer me about this? This thread isn't self-moderated

If anyone is interested in reading and educating yourself about the research that Zerocash is doing for anonymous cryptography, check out their whitepaper on zk-snarks (http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf).

i read and in imo is just vaporware like all other scamcoins that does mention to zerocoin / zerocash.

why you dont stop to delete this? just answer and keep the post here if the answer is legit

wait, the anon of shadowcoin will be based on zerocoin / zerocash? The same of all other "anon" scamcoins?
How if these two are incompatible tecnologies and the real dev abandoned these projects when he realized that didn't work?
Longandshort and coinstoryteller  going to make a miracle?

or after learning about the Hondo's project in stealthcoin now they will transform shadowcoin into cryptonote too?
But they know how to implement Chandran signatures? No?
Hmmm things are getting clearer now.

Zerocoin / zerocash are scam coins. In fact, if you look at the source tree with a zerocash directory, you will know automatically that it is a scam. Check out ghost.

The dev here is promising the same thing. So shadow is a zk-snark scam as well.

SebSebastian

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:55:10 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 06:05:36 PM by SebSebastian

shadowcash blocked his thread again and my criticism went unanswered. Does someone can answer me about this? This thread isn't self-moderated

If anyone is interested in reading and educating yourself about the research that Zerocash is doing for anonymous cryptography, check out their whitepaper on zk-snarks (http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf).

i read and in imo is just vaporware like all other scamcoins that does mention to zerocoin / zerocash.

why you dont stop to delete this? just answer and keep the post here if the answer is legit

wait, the anon of shadowcoin will be based on zerocoin / zerocash? The same of all other "anon" scamcoins?
How if these two are incompatible tecnologies and the real dev abandoned these projects when he realized that didn't work?

or after learning about the Hondo's project in stealthcoin now they will transform shadowcoin into cryptonote too?

Zerocoin / zerocash are scam coins. In fact, if you look at the source tree with a zerocash directory, you will know automatically that it is a scam. Check out ghost.

Hey EmilioMann, how's it going? Are you genuinely looking for an answer to that? I'd be happy to get one for you. Firstly it's not accurate to call Zerocoin a "scam" coin - Zerocoin is not a coin that has been launched, but the name given to the project in the original whitepaper:

http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf

Plus to compare Shadow to GhostCoin makes me think that you're not interested in facts but rather in creating distrust around the project. It's already been pointed out many times that the stealth addresses used by StealthCoin are the ones developed and open sourced by the ShadowCash devs. The credit is there on GitHub.

Like I said, if you genuinely are interested in this and want an answer I'll do my best to get it, but if your intention here isn't to gain understanding but to try to hurt another coin, just let me know and I won't bother.

* Edit: Sorry I think I'm getting tx42's comments mixed up with yours. I wasn't aware that Zerocash had been abandoned - I'll have to check that.

* Had a look, can't see anything to suggest Zerocash has been abandoned. Matthew D. Green of Johns Hopkins seems to be the driving force behind it, do you have any links regarding the project being abandoned?

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:34:19 PM

Hey EmilioMann, how's it going? Are you genuinely looking for an answer to that? I'd be happy to get one for you. Firstly it's not accurate to call Zerocoin a "scam" coin - Zerocoin is not a coin that has been launched, but the name given to the project in the original whitepaper:

http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf

Plus to compare Shadow to GhostCoin makes me think that you're not interested in facts but rather in creating distrust around the project. It's already been pointed out many times that the stealth addresses used by StealthCoin are the ones developed and open sourced by the ShadowCash devs. The credit is there on GitHub.

Like I said, if you genuinely are interested in this and want an answer I'll do my best to get it, but if your intention here isn't to gain understanding but to try to hurt another coin, just let me know and I won't bother.

* Edit: Sorry I think I'm getting tx42's comments mixed up with yours. I wasn't aware that Zerocash had been abandoned - I'll have to check that.

* Had a look, can't see anything to suggest Zerocash has been abandoned. Matthew D. Green of Johns Hopkins seems to be the driving force behind it, do you have any links regarding the project being abandoned?

I did a little digging, it isn't abandoned, but it is still a work in progress. I know the Anoncoin folks have been trying to implement this for over a year. I hung on to those coins for around that long & dumped them because it appeared to be going nowhere. Empty promises & unrealistic deadlines.
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:42:31 PM

ShadowCash used to be called ShadowCoin and for whatever reason they changed the name. It is a coin Heavily own by a person called TrollsRoyce and another guy called Boh. They also use the handles CoolStoryTeller and PookieLax31 respectively. On more than one occasion the started fud and trolling campaigns in other coins like LXC (LibrexCoin) and XST (Stealthcoin) as these posed a threat to their financial attachment SDC. They attacked guys like Bobsurplus, and pump groups for owning a large amount of any particular coin when they themselves own a huge percentage of ShadowCoin/cash.

These guys have also been manipulating the price on SDC using bots and controlled buys and sells. They often talk about it on iirc and also in their " hangout"

If you post anything at all counter to their opinions in the official thread one of these Nazi's sanitize and delete it.

I invite anyone who has anything they want said about ShadowCoin/cash to post bot what was said and the reply here to keep a real record that everyone can read and know about.

As everything is clear now, it`s time for XST to begin rising.

Go XST !!!
FurianSun

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:44:44 PM

Hey jack off? You do realize they delete posts there they don't like. Including mine. It's why OP made this thread. So yeah my posts are not in my history because.......They DELETED them.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:58:13 PM

Hey jack off? You do realize they delete posts there they don't like. Including mine. It's why OP made this thread. So yeah my posts are not in my history because.......They DELETED them.

Everytime one of your posts are deleted, you are sent a PM detailing the post that was deleted. You could be providing evidence..
risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

Everytime one of your posts are deleted, you are sent a PM detailing the post that was deleted. You could be providing evidence..

I've had so many deleted posts from them, it was clogging up my inbox. I hope FurianSun saved his unlike me. If you still have it, a screenshot would kick-ass. My post for thanking the dev for calling an end to the troll war was deleted along with his original post. THEY ARE DELETE CRAZY!!!!
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:16:21 PM

I think this whole thing has backfired on SDC's orchestrated FUD - The copyright etiquette and Chandran double spend concern were warranted questions that were addressed thoughtfully by XST developers no malice or deceit took place whatsoever. Once Longandshort exceeded 200+ posts the credibility of the initial grievance fell like a house of cards and the FUD agenda became clear as day.

Chandran Signatures will be implemented and once open Bazaar is online we will see a healthy if not dramatic price increase. The developers and long standing community memebers have learned a lot from this, no coin deserves malicious FUD - cryptographic technology/anon coins are working towards our right to privacy and hindering that makes you as bad as a corrupt government.

So thank you SDC you've made the XST community better.
pm1978

Activity: 201

stealthcoin.com

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:19:09 PM

I think this whole thing has backfired on SDC's orchestrated FUD - The copyright etiquette and Chandran double spend concern were warranted questions that were addressed thoughtfully by XST developers no malice or deceit took place whatsoever. Once Longandshort exceeded 200+ posts the credibility of the initial grievance fell like a house of cards and the FUD agenda became clear as day.

Chandran Signatures will be implemented and once open Bazaar is online we will see a healthy if not dramatic price increase. The developers and long standing community memebers have learned a lot from this, no coin deserves malicious FUD - cryptographic technology/anon coins are working towards our right to privacy and hindering that makes you as bad as a corrupt government.

So thank you SDC you've made the XST community better.

^^^^^THIS !

STEALTHCOIN | XST | stealthcoin.com
BLOCKNET : THE INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS https://blocknet.co/ | A DECENTRALISED EXCHANGE THAT IS 100% TRUSTLESS.
risefromtheashes74

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:19:29 PM

https://i.imgur.com/7D5OElb.png
SebSebastian

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:23:31 PM

This is where you guys are making yourselves look as bad if not worse than the people have you have a problem with. How has rynomster been at all involved with this? You've taken the actions of two or three people who're invested in SDC and started casting aspersions on the devs and the whole community. It's dishonest and it's lazy.

objectofawareness

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:26:29 PM

It was apparent that LondAndShort was trying to flood the thread with claims of vaporware. If he had a legitimate question, that's fine, but he stuck around for three days repeating the same things over and over again. He caught some flack in the beginning...ok...but there were people (including me) who were trying to have a constructive conversation with him and he wouldn't listen. He would disregard what we were saying and continue to scream vaporware. At anytime he could have pm'd the devs, if he was really concerned with the implementation of chandran signatures. On top of that, he was sending pm's to XST investors telling them about SDC.

No "normal" person stays in a thread for three days and repeats the same thing over and over again. It definitely stinks of agenda. If his original intention wasn't to spread FUD or to troll (which it seems could have been the case) then he sure did take butthurt to a whole new level.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: