Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:54:32 PM

Risto, are you familiar with Minecraft? It is incredibly popular and might be a good starting point for your game: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/19/this-22-day-old-open-source-minecraft-cloning-game-builder-runs-in-javascript-in-your-browser/

I don't think it would fit at all for Crypto Kingdom but talking about open source minecraft, minetest is the best.
minetest works perfectly on Linux contrary to Minecraft. Plus it is 10 times faster.
It didn't try Voxel yet. I will.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

Which VR technology do you plan to use? Unity3D? A game engine?
From the OP I get the impression that you are planning an immersive 3D MMO, but reading some of the other posts I am not sure anymore.

No Unity3D crap please.
It should be damn standard HTML5.
I think, rpietila gave this link earlier : http://www.html5quintus.com/

Ah OK thanks, I missed that. "Virtual World" was misleading, I imagined fully immersive VR with Oculus Rift display interface, super high resolution, videorealism, hyper-realistic physics... ;-)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 03:07:01 PM

Ah OK thanks, I missed that. "Virtual World" was misleading, I imagined fully immersive VR with Oculus Rift display interface, super high resolution, videorealism, hyper-realistic physics... ;-)

Well why not.
Plus consciousness transfer for complete immersion.

Who knows?  May go there is future versions.
SoCal is a gamemaker/movie/entertainment hub so I rub elbows with those guys often enough.

But at the moment the budget for such a game would be above the total market cap of XMR, give it a couple years.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

There is now an IRC chan opened to anyone: ##crypto-kingdom.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:00:55 PM

I am in!

But can I make coffee in game? Smiley

Now the game is in year 1414. Sorry, no coffee, yet. Actually the present status of characters is that they are not yet created. And when they are, they get to live 200 years without need to worry about drinking. It's like Genesis in the Bible Smiley

Can I be
- Project manager (handle the 3 creative guys).

Send me a CV if you want to be my boss!  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:22:11 PM

The schedule for the Ancient era of the Game
note the changes in version numbering

2014-10-10 Game started

2014-10-19 Version 1: Genesis
- Rulebook published
- World created
- Character registration and database
- City consisting of 1 borough, consisting of 9 chapelries, consisting (each) of 150 plots of 10x10 meters
- Gold emission, initial gold sales, free trading of gold
- Gold ownership accumulates stone
- Land(plots) giveaways and sales
- Building editor: new building requires materials(stone) and labor(XMR) according to its construction(auto calculation)
- Administration by the king, with devteam, council of nobles, and goldowners
- Economy: money spent on (building) labor is distributed to all characters as wages; money spent on luxuries goes to town

2014-11-16 Version 2: Ancients
- Everything of v1 automated for browser-based play
- Ingame messaging

2014-12-14 Version 3: Sandbox
- The buildings may contain user-defined content
- Equipping of buildings to promote cryptocurrency

2015-1-18 Version 4: Economy
- Ancient era ends and wonderful new things begin

Thank you everyone who has expressed interest in buying gold. I decided that the fairest way to do it is to start the game first in database format and publish the rules. I will not sell any gold until tomorrow, and then everyone who wants to buy it knows equally what it is, and how it might benefit them to buy it, and I will not be liable to anything else except what says in the rulebook. I am looking forward to finding a way to distribute the gold in an open auction, and one possibility might be to list it in Poloniex (provided that they have interest of course - but implementation would be very easy as gold has no blockchain: they just create the balance in their database, and when the game has the required functionality, it is credited to the players and erased from Poloniex. Meanwhile they get fees. This would be a great synergy with their XMR market, since gold is priced in XMR only).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
0x3d

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 11:58:51 PM

Haven't read everything but what I've read so far sounds awesome.

Is this on GitHub yet? I might be able to contribute to backend development (database, API, a promo-website and whatnot) and if Unity were the engine of choice I could help with that as well.

Now I'm still quite a beginner when it comes to Unity (less so in the other disciplines) but this sounds like an awesome learning experience. Also, I'm jobless by choice for the time being and a bit unmotivated to work on my own little private projects so I could invest lots and lots of time into this.

Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:21:15 AM

Which VR technology do you plan to use? Unity3D? A game engine?
From the OP I get the impression that you are planning an immersive 3D MMO, but reading some of the other posts I am not sure anymore.
Hey Giulio, glad to see you here. Small World.

Plus consciousness transfer for complete immersion.
Mind uploading anyone? :p

("Bitcoin killed by banksters" reminds me of mind uploading killed by lawyers)

Good to see you here too David. So this is a board game? No computers? No Internet? Or (I guess) you are talking of an electronic version of Small World? I am lost, please explain. URLs?

Or, Bitcoin killed by lawyers and mind uploading killed by banksters. It's all the same thing:

The Banker and the Bureaucrat
Were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of land:
If this were only cleared away,’
They said, it would be grand!’

If seven maids with seven mops
Swept it for half a year,
Do you suppose,’ the Banker said,
That they could get it clear?’
I doubt it,’ said the Bureaucrat,
And shed a bitter tear.

O Sheeple, come and walk with us!’
The Banker did beseech.
A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,
Along the land so rich:
We cannot do with more than four,
To give a hand to each.’

The time has come,’ the Banker said,
To talk of many things:
Of shoes – and ships – and sealing-wax –
Of cabbages – and kings –
And why the sea is boiling hot –
And whether Sheeple stink.’

A loaf of bread,’ the Banker said,
Is what we chiefly need:
Pepper and vinegar besides
Are very good indeed –
Now if you’re ready, Sheeple dear,
We can begin to feed.’

But not on us!’ the Sheeple cried,
Turning a little blue.
After such kindness, that would be
A dismal thing to do!’
The night is fine,’ the Banker said.
Do you admire the view?

It was so kind of you to come!
And you are very nice!’
The Bureaucrat said nothing but
Cut us another slice:
I wish you were not quite so deaf —
I’ve had to ask you twice!’

It seems a shame,’ the Banker said,
To play them such a trick,
After we’ve brought them out so far,
And made them trot so quick!’
The Bureaucrat said nothing but
The butter’s spread too thick!’

I weep for you,’ the Banker said:
I deeply sympathize.’
With sobs and tears he sorted out
Those of the largest size,
Holding his pocket-handkerchief
Before his streaming eyes.

O Sheeple,’ said the Bureaucrat,
You’ve had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?’
But answer came there none —
And this was scarcely odd, because
They’d eaten every one.”
McHaggis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:08:12 AM

I am looking forward to finding a way to distribute the gold in an open auction, and one possibility might be to list it in Poloniex (provided that they have interest of course - but implementation would be very easy as gold has no blockchain: they just create the balance in their database, and when the game has the required functionality, it is credited to the players and erased from Poloniex. Meanwhile they get fees. This would be a great synergy with their XMR market, since gold is priced in XMR only).

If you can open up a crypto currency / game world currency market on Poloniex (or any other exchange) it would be pretty amazing and potentially pave the way for others, thus increasing adoption even further.

This game also has the potential to attract loads of game developers into the crypto world and I'm sure there are loads of people like me who would love to hire some of them for their own projects.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 01:20:38 AM by rpietila

Tomorrow the game will start!  Grin

(Busy with the rulebook)

Well you certainly don't waste any time. Cheesy

Have the dev(s) been confirmed yet? People from Bitcointalk I assume, or not?

Also, I'm curious about your marketing strategy as well since you mentioned you plan to have a core memeber of the team devoted to marketing. Are you going focus the marketing efforts on the crypto community initally? Or are you going to attempt to reach out to the broader gaming market right away?

Since this game will be HTML5 I assume it will also be optimized to run on mobiles. Do you have plans to create native apps for Android and iOS at some point? Or do you just want the website to offer the game in HTML5 with different formats depending on the users device?

I actually have a lot more questions but I'll just stop for now as I can just be patient and wait and see what happens I guess. Tongue

What I decided to do is to use a novel bootstrapping mechanism via monetising the ingame gold stepwise from the early development phase onwards.

What typically would be called a standalone game, with a one-time purchase price, or a monthly playing license, is the Crypto Kingdom Version 4, coming up in January, 2015.

In Version 3, users can define their own functionalities for the buildings.

In Version 2, the game can be actually played online, so that there is at least some graphics.

Tomorrow is starting Version 1, which does not have any (proprietary) online functionality, just manual administration of some databases. The perks for anyone for participating in such rudimentary form of a game are the huge lands and resources that are up for grabs. The reason for me to start it this way, which requires lots of player management in the early phase (and also gives away much of the gains that could be kept by founding a game development company), is the ability to develop a game that is exactly what the players want (since they are already in the game and can voice their opinion, or even vote economically) and contract the development by directly giving out gold, or by selling gold and paying the developers. The game can thus develop itself without money down.

Once we have the stakeholders involved, it's much easier to answer your questions also! Let's see how it works out in practice!  Smiley

The OP v.2 (removed from OP) quoted below

Announcement that the game is now accepting players (2014-10-19)

The Game Is On.

NEW: Rules for Crypto Kingdom Version 1.1: Building just out 2014-10-26.
Please note that the inception phase of this thread contains much text that is not part of the rules of the Game. Only the rulebook is, plus the King's decisions after the "Game is On" post in page 6 in the thread.

Starting from now, characters can be added to the game. We are currently only me and David Latapie playing it, so you get a very low character index by joining now Smiley

To make the start happen in an orderly fashion, all characters at this point require a minimum balance of 1,000 gold (this limiting the number of characters and easing the administrative load). Gold can be bought from the people who already have gold. My rate is 50 XMR per 1,000 gold. According to the rules, gold is generated at a rate of 10,000 gold per day for the first 100 days and then in relation to the online activity. Only 100,000 gold exist now, 10 days to the game.

If you like staking, gold is staking like there was no tomorrow. If you buy 100 XMR worth of gold now, it will have staked you 990,000 stone in the following 90 days. The system sell price for 10,000 stone is 1 XMR, so... you do the math! Smiley

In 7 short days, the Building editor and City map will be available, making it possible for the land grab and initial building to start, with the stone that has meanwhile been accumulated to the gold holders!

"My son.. I saw a dream. It was wonderful..., wonderful." - paraphrasing the intro of Civilization IV

Original Post v.2, edited in 2014-10-17, see a bit below for the original OP

Crypto Kingdom

Gameworld

Crypto Kingdom is a virtual world that uses Monero(XMR) as money. The main screen is a bird's eye 2-D map of square plots with a similar look as the main map of Civilization from 1991. The whole game is a tongue-in-cheek retro style with pixelated graphics and music of the era. By clicking to one of the several buildings or attractions, one or more plots in size, the player first arrives to a pixel-art "building facade view", and then to "rooms", where he can perform actions.

The main action in each room is Trollbox, where players can chat, tip money, drink various beverages, give reputation, play simple games etc. Some of the rooms have special features such as gambling, links to information resources or news, advertisements, faucets, businesses. Some are private houses of wealthy citizens, meeting places of guilds, and the King's castle is there also. The facade view and room view wallpapers are different for each house and room. New features will constantly be added with the focus on playability, not on graphics. Owners of buildings can also add playable functional features (sandbox MMO) to their buildings themselves.

The land is a limited resource, giving rise to real estate speculation. New land will be claimed for the town according to the Town Council's decisions, zoned and auctioned. The most prestigious lots may be valued very high in the initial auction and the aftermarket. The desirability of land will be determined by the larger of 1) its direct value to players 2) its ingame income generation capacity (game automatically grants higher revenue to hairdressers located next to roads as opposed to inside houses etc. A simple house in the game is projected to have a resale value of about 10 XMR. It is also possible to rent for only a fraction of the cost. Some markets (such as houses) are totally free, some (such as drinks) is taxed or (such as doctor) is regulated.

The game starts in the year 1400, which was October 10th, 2014, the first day after the invention of the game. The time is now passing at a rate of 2 game-years for 1 real-day. The game has 2 phases, the "Ancient" phase that is going on now and the "Economy" that will start when the "Version 3: Economy" is launched after 100 real-days. At that point the time will be reset to pass much slower, at a rate of 1 game-month per 1 real-day. Participating in the Ancient phase gives everyone involved much ingame rewards, and the buildings constructed then will most likely last forever.

The game will be developed in a modular fashion with new versions coming up every 6 weeks. The zero-version is almost ready, and the first 7 versions are already in either the feature specification or ingame mechanisms planning stage.

Version 1: Genesis (2014-10-19)
Version 1.1: Building (2014-10-26)
Version 2: Ancients (2014-11-16)
Version 3: Sandbox
Version 4: Economy (2015-1-18)
Version 5: Skills and Businesses
Version 6: Administration
Version 7: Family and Lineage
Version 8: Villages and Towns

Economy

The ingame currency is monero (XMR, about $1 now), which subdivides to 1 million moneritos. Typically player actions (wager in a gambling game, price offered in an auction, real estate sale) are denominated in moneros with decimals if needed, and game actions (game-hourly wages, meal, drink, or resource prices per unit) in moneritos.

It is possible to play with only ingame assigned income, faucets and giveaways, but to get something real going (except in the early days of the game when all the early adopters get rich due to initial land grab, even with zero money down), the account needs to be funded. This is officially possible with XMR only, although it is expected that any kind of value can be tradable to blockchain XMR (already is) or directly as ingame XMR by third parties. The emergence of such services means, on the other hand, that ingame value in practice is exchangeable for outgame value, no matter what the game admins wish.

In addition to XMR, whose quantity fluctuates with player deposits and withdrawals, there is a pseudo-monetary resource of Gold. In the Ancient phase of the game, which lasts 100 real-days, 10,000 gold are mined each day by the King, who sells half of them to the investors or players to fund the development. Gold is an income-generating resource, granting building resources in the Ancient era and XMR in the Economy era. In the Economy era, King no longer mines gold but rather new gold is generated to all players of the game in proportion to time spent online (captcha will be asked, to ensure only human playing generates gold). At the current exchange rates, 1 real-month of rather active play generates 10 gold (from Version 3: Economy onwards). Owners of gold select the town council. It also has various ingame prestige uses as a luxury resource. Gold's value is measured in a free market.

Character

Players have a character that, after the introductory levels, can take one of 5 career paths - Servants of the King (moderators and such), Engineers (game developers, also get a cut of ingame construction), Merchants (businessmen and people who want to pay to play), Scholars (wise people having an academic profession, and knowers of Bitcoin and Monero) and Artesans (handy townspeople who spend the time in taverns and earn when there is building going on in town). Each path has several levels with increasing perks and prestige.

The most advanced players in each path may be promoted to Nobility, again of different levels. Nobility owns large palaces in the most prestigious areas, and huge stashes of gold. They may converse with the King, and when visiting drinkhouses, they always drink wine, which is 10 times more expensive than beer, and gives the tavernkeeper a good income. Or just entertain each other in their palaces and plan new businesses for Cryptocurrency's advancement. Or their own. They decide.

Although there is no avatar, the profile page of a player can be accessed by clicking his name in the chat. That lists the picture, whatever the person wants to say, and his achievements, Badges, Medals, Honors, and Orders. The game has numerous ways to keep track of achievement, so each player may decide to excel in something, even if he lacks the resources to attain the cream of the society.

To Whom And Why

The game is directly playable in a browser and no questions are asked, also no deposit needs to be made. It can be started with never putting money in, and in fact 90% of the players are expected to do so, working from rags to... middle class, at least. 1% of the remaining 10% is expected to pay 90% of all income to the game. They also get promoted to the highest powers.

The game is developed especially to be a way to increase popular (small holder) interest towards Monero, but it will include many bonuses for MEW members joining. The ways how Monero (and any cryptocurrency whose holders gain presence in the game) can be promoted to the players are very many: information, chat, games, forum links, ways to invite other people in the game and give them a starting stash are just some.

Call To Action

A 4-member core development team is under search:

- Game designer (me)
- Lead developer (no gaming background necessarily required)
- Project manager (general project management)
- Marketing guy (get this thing out, to spread virally, connections to gaming communities).

We are searching for experienced/elite people with high productivity and work ethic, teamwork ability, and good compensation. PM me.

If you are interested in speculation, the initial gold can be purchased from me by using XMR. When Version 1 is launched, the gold is awaiting for you in the crucial land grab stage, providing resources and payment medium. Minimum investment is 100 XMR and price is halved from the previous offering to 0.05 XMR/gold, putting the valuation of the whole initial stock at 50k XMR. Currently (2014-10-17) I have 80,000 gold in total, and am interesting in selling half of the stash. I am paying all the development from my pocket. The initial gold sales is expected to cover this. EDIT: The gold is currently sold in auctions at a price exceeding 0.20 XMR/gold, see later the thread.

The game "Version 1: Genesis" (published 2014-10-19) will enable character registration, trade of gold, and building resource stockpiling (which happens to gold owners). The initial gold sold now is kept in my accounting until this.

The game "Version 1.1: Building" (coming 2014-10-26) will enable ownership, claims and sale of land, and construction of buildings.

The game "Version 2: Ancients" (coming 2014-11-16) will enable online play.

I am happy to answer any questions! Smiley

Plea

I am humbled by the amount of positive feedback, which keeps my spirit high in the development work, which at this stage is admittedly pretty lonely. Please keep the thread free of negativity of any kind - if absolutely necessary, make a new thread for criticizing this game, or use one of the many threads in existence used (or even dedicated) to criticism of me and everything I do. Subjects that are uninteresting to me, and not related to game development, such as legal issues, will be deleted. A game is a game, and any time or value you expend in the game should be considered lost (and converted to enjoyment  Grin), as it is in other games.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:56:02 PM

The Game Is On.

First rulebook published for Crypto Kingdom Version 1.0: Genesis

Starting from now, characters can be added to the game. We are currently only me and David Latapie playing it, so you get a very low character index by joining now Smiley

To make the start happen in an orderly fashion, all characters at this point require a minimum balance of 1,000 gold (this limiting the number of characters and easing the administrative load). Gold can be bought from the people who already have gold. My rate is 50 XMR per 1,000 gold. According to the rules, gold is generated at a rate of 10,000 gold per day for the first 100 days and then in relation to the online activity. Only 100,000 gold exist now, 10 days to the game.

If you like staking, gold is staking like there was no tomorrow. If you buy 100 XMR worth of gold now, it will have staked you 990,000 stone in the following 90 days. The system sell price for 10,000 stone is 1 XMR, so... you do the math! Smiley

In 7 short days, the Building editor and City map will be available, making it possible for the land grab and initial building to start, with the stone that has meanwhile been accumulated to the gold holders!

"My son.. I saw a dream. It was wonderful..., wonderful." - paraphrasing the intro of Civilization IV

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:05:38 PM

As for the character-id,
- the ones who seriously wanted to buy gold in the last few days so that I declined after deciding to write the rules first, they get the id earliest inquiry first, if they buy the gold within 3 days. Otherwise this right is forfeited.
- after them, the ones who buy now, get the id earliest transaction first.

As for the MEW-discount, it has been changed to MEW-bonus:
- The MEW membership fee qualifies as 25% bonus gold. If you are a diamond member, you are entitled to 250 XMR worth of extra gold if you buy 1,000 XMR worth. If you are a gold member, a purchase of 100 XMR gives 25 XMR extra. Diamond member may also purchase with 100 XMR and in this case will get 25 XMR extra etc. Gold member may purchase with 1,000 XMR but in this case get only 25 XMR extra.

As for the posting-in-this-thread bonus:
- If you buy in the game (1,000 gold minimum) during the next 7 days, you get 20 XMR worth of bonus gold per every your post in this thread before the Game Is On post. (I have already deleted all the posts that I wish to delete upthread.)

Please note:
- Availability of gold from me is limited and therefore not guaranteed. If gold runs out, I cannot grant the bonuses. The bonuses don't apply when buying from aftermarket.
- The bonuses are tied to XMR value, not amounts of gold. Gold price relative to XMR may rise and fall.
- If you haven't used XMR before, it is very easy: Poloniex.com readily exchanges BTC/XMR.

kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:24:27 PM

Just read the doc. This is a very cool and interesting idea.  I have been looking for games with real in-game currencies(there are not much around).

Just a few questions I didn't fully understand.
What is MEW?
Do we purchase the gold directly from you for now by sending XMR?
When buying 1000 min gold during next 7 days, we get 20 XMR worth of gold per post in this thread before game is ready... this looks like a mistake? How much XMR/gold can we get per post?

Thx
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:32:18 PM

Just read the doc. This is a very cool and interesting idea.  I have been looking for games with real in-game currencies(there are not much around).

Just a few questions I didn't fully understand.
What is MEW?
When buying 1000 min gold during next 7 days, we get 20 XMR worth of gold per post in this thread before game is ready... this looks like a mistake? How much XMR/gold can we get per post?

Thx

All the info about the MEW you need is in this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=776479.0
Rest of the questions you'll have to wait for rpietila to answer Tongue

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

Decisions of the King:

A.D. 1400

* David Latapie has been created Earl (L10). "I wish to honor David, Earl of Armagnac, for his great contributions towards the game in this first day of game development. As a token of my gratitude, and a tribute to HyperStake, of which David is a lead developer, I wish to gift the first 10,000 gold existing in this game to him. Since CK gold is a staking asset, this will give the longest possible staking period for Lord David."

* David, Earl of Armagnac (David Latapie), has been gifted with 10,000 gold.

A.D. 1418

* HM King (rpietila) has been awarded the Medal of the Game 2nd class. "To celebrate the launch of the game that is now ready to take new players, and acknowledge my genius in designing it, and David's role as the initial catalyst, I decide to award the Medal of the Game to the both characters currently existing."

* David, Earl of Armagnac (David Latapie), has been awarded the Medal of the Game 3rd class.

* "I have much goodness in store for everyone. Please join the Game so I have the opportunity to show my magnanimity!"

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:41:28 PM

I just adore this stuff. I wish I had the time to get involved and get lost into it's oblivious world of fantasy. I will join but I guess I will be able to do nothing but lurking across the land watching knights and sorcerers create their glorious armies! Smiley

Good luck to everyone; have a great time!

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:48:26 PM

Currently you need minimum 1,000 gold to be able to play. This is just the minimum balance, the playing does not consume your gold (on the contrary, the gold is staking new stone for you every day, as explained in the Rulebook).

The reason for having a minimum balance at this point is that it regulates the number of characters in the game, since at present the character administration is handled manually. In about a month the minimum balance requirement will be lifted.

It is possible to buy gold from me while supplies last. I have 35,000 gold for sale, and the current price is 50 XMR per 1,000 gold. Grabbing all the gold is not possible, because about 10 people have been interested in buying gold in the last days, and I decided to first publish the rulebook before selling any gold. I will reserve some of the gold to these people until it is offered publicly.

If you buy 1,000 gold minimum (required for registering your character), you are entitled to 20 XMR worth of bonus gold per post. At current rates, 20 XMR is 400 gold, so if you have for example 5 posts, the amount of bonus gold for you is 5 * 400 = 2,000 gold, for the total of 3,000 gold. So there is no mistake.

Every purchase from me needs to be agreed by PM. I don't have unlimited amount for sale, and may change the price any time. I will give the payment instructions after locking in the deal.

I am looking for a gold merchant to handle this distribution of gold for me for a commission.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:43:20 PM

Sorry, it was not meant to go so quickly ...  Undecided

All the gold that was available for sale, mined during the last 10 real-days, the entirety of the game so far, is now gone.

The ones who until now expressed interest, I will contact you by PM shortly. Others, please don't ask to buy any for 24 hours at least, since no more is coming to exist until Monday. Also don't make a secondary market just yet until I will confirm that the gold registry database is up and running. This should not be more than 24 hours either.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:58:12 AM

Wow, I just find out about the game and the gold is sold so fast already Sad
Nice bonus for the posts, I thought it was a mistake because it was so high lol.

Do you know around how much gold would be available again for sale on Monday?
Thx

Every day (representing 2 game-years) 10,000 gold (representing 10 kg of gold) is mined and my obligation according to the rules is to try to sell half of it regardless of the price (but of course at the best price possible Wink )

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:45:04 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 05:07:47 PM by rpietila

Royal Proclamation A.D. 1418

It appears that rumors about our rightful rule towards our only subject Earl David have spread further than it felt prudent for us to estimate as little as half a game-year ago, when we decided that the time had come to spread our Kingdom. Our initial offering of gold from the royal coffers, complete with the bountiful bonuses, as a condition to be subjected to our firm rule, was received with surprising eagerness.

To show the accuracy of our book-keeping, we publicly provide the complete list of gold existing and its soon-to-be owners. The amount of XMR payable is likewise included, to proclaim our righteousness in conducting the initial offering, where the price was the same for friend and foe, and bonuses were likewise equitably applied.

Code:
	gold AD1418	payable XMR
HM The King 36250
David, Earl of Armagnac 17600 250
McHaggis 10700 300
Lord NewLiberty 10550 360
Ale 10200 500
shitaifan 4000 200
saddambitcoin 2500 100
gwada971 2000 100
AdamWhite 2000 100
Febo 1400 50
macsga 1400 50
otila 1400 50

We give 72 real-hours to complete the payment, lest the offer is forfeit. To redeem the gold allocated, the XMR address is:

Code:
4B8suUor7am45MUc7pH3EZeH2UumpWFYHhnHkLvffgsLCY3PF1ShEF3dnGQ615Nq4RBk9M4JKyeRS1E5jCm23gytJ5R1Xe6

There is no need for payment id. The txid shall be sent to Earl David (nick here: "David Latapie") for confirmation.

Now, to keep in line with the sales plan prompting that half of the gold should stay in our possession, we must conclude that we can open our vault again earliest in A.D. 1424 (next Wednesday). The 6 year delay inevitably gives rise to the question of secondary markets. We want to abstain from regulating such. The rule that must be observed is the minimum of 1,000 gold per registered character. The previous owner must inform me (not David) of transfers of gold to another. The staking will change in the real-day when the transfer is registered.

All characters who enter into game shall also provide me their basic information according to the rules.

We are delighted of the developments and ennoble NewLiberty. "We are afraid that he is tired of hearing our tokens of admiration, so we refrain from praise this one time."

We are eager to complete the registration of our new subjects, including future ones should the aftermarket result in successful trades.

When gold sales are again opened, our intention is to find a market clearing price. The one who proposes a method that will be implemented, will receive gold and glory.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: