Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
otila

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:07:23 PM

15 shares for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 07:26:35 PM

how many XMR for 25 shares?
and how much XMR for gold?

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:00:06 PM

how many XMR for 25 shares?
and how much XMR for gold?

Shares are 1 XMR each (1 XMR = 1 million moneritos, the currency unit in the game).

Gold auction is thread

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:40:39 PM

What happens if my moneretos balance is negative?

It is your responsibility to ask Bishop David "David Latapie" for XMR payment address and payment id. Following this, any payment is credited to your moneretos account.

You can follow the balance in the Character DB.

If it is negative 3 days, we will send you a PM asking for deposit.

If it is negative an additional 3 days, we will automatically sell enough of your gold to cover the shortfall.

The ingame interest rate for overdraft is 1%/year.

The first 3 days start now.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:40:50 PM

Mr. Luigi Romano would like to buy 30 shares.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:19:36 AM

Mr. Luigi Romano would like to buy 30 shares.

Only 26 more shares to go, so it is possible that the IPO becomes fully subscribed already in this first phase! Smiley

Let's see how long it takes until someone starts to offer buy/sell prices for the stocks also. It is not a stupid idea, 30 shares is already 30 million, whereas the maximum stone deal is 15 million currently (after being only ~7 mil for some time).

Having a strong income-generating asset, the Town Hall, the company could invest the profits by expanding to other even higher-yielding assets. If anyone is in favor of this, voice your opinion! Otherwise they will be doled out as promised.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 04:24:27 AM

Crypto Kingdom (and Monero) feature in the second section of today's LetsTalkBitcoin episode.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/category/the-bitcoin-game
It went live at 4:20p today.
10000 listeners on average.

...So more bidders on these early assets may show up.
Forsooth!
Get yours whilst the getting is goodly, sire.

Hence, I will purchase 25 shares since this inside information is now public.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 04:29:52 AM

good morning fellow people of the crpytokingdom,

I'd also like get into the IPO with 10 shares, if it is still possible.

long live his royal majesty!

ps: after selling a good bunch of stone to luigi I still have around 50k stone, which should be sufficient for a nice house, iirc.
is there some architect willing to construct me something nice. if so, please bear in mind that I await to become part of the nobility in thew near future.

so imo my new house should be a bit more representative than it is needed for a L6 char right now.

The Marquess Joseph of New Liberty keeps an architect/artisan on staff and can assist with this if the need remains.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:22:44 PM

I would like lots L25, L27, L28, L29 and L30 for 200,000 stone + 8mil moneritos please. I would also like to use any remaining balance to purchase shares, and to donate 5 gold towards the obelisk.

Thanks  Cool

edit: for additional lots

Obelisk is already gilded, so that opportunity has expired. Also you got only 1 share of Town Hall, for no more were available.

Land works as you wished Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:06:18 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 04:44:37 PM by rpietila

The Town Hall Corp. IPO sold out in about 24 hours, despite the precautions (only 6% per character). The Hall is currently generating income at about 1.4% APR, which is expected to go slightly up in the near future as the tourism increases and the Hall is located in the very centre of visitor activity in the city. There are some issues that the shareholders should decide:
- Nominating the CEO to decide about activities and inform the admins.
- Selecting the general vision for the corporation:
   A) Only own the Town Hall and distribute profits.
   B) Seek expansion to a very valuable lot B2 that could be acquired at no cost by a professional buyer, and build a commercial palace there with perhaps a hotel, or theater, with shops and other rent-providing rooms. Raise the money (approx 500 m) by public offering, perhaps with a higher price than the IPO to reward the early adopters.

Now is a good time to build! Stone market is able to sell 100,000 stone in one go, just by contacting Luigi or me. There are willing architects in the Kingdom, and using them is more than profitable, because the King has needed to up his design fee to a whopping 25% to encourage competition. Also - only 5 coveted First Builder Badges are left!

The clothes are tradable, and some of them are listed for sale in the Character DB/trade clothes tab. If anyone is willing to start as a clothes merchant, HM The King is ready to sell his stock now listed at total 111,000,000 m, for a 20% discount, after which the merchant is free to set as high prices for them as he wishes. The demand of clothes already outstrips supply, and even more so in the online version. (We have sold 4 suits after the ordering period ended, 1 each day. The opportunity for profit is truly here!)

About 40% of characters have negative balance after so many purchases, including the Town Hall shares. Since the ingame investments are generating 1.4% APR (2.8% per day) or in some cases much more, it is only fair that the negative balance carries interest. The rate is currently 1% APR but honestly it should be much higher, and if you need money, you should loan it from other characters at whatever rate you agree. New characters get a 3-day moratorium for their initial gold purchases, the current characters make my already high load so much easier when they ask a permanent payment id from Bishop David, and always use it.
- After 3 days of negative balance and the associated interest payments, I will send a PM if the balance is high and/or going worse.
- After 6 days, I will convert the needed amount of gold to moneretos at the going rate to close the balance.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 09:29:07 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 09:42:04 PM by David Latapie

It is my great pleasure to remind everyone that our monks are constantly writing new pages of the history of Crypto-Kingdom. Rules, edicts, inventories, proposals or visions, the scriptarium is fully active and everyone is welcome to visit the Library of the Monastery.

cryptokingdom.wikia.com

In plain language: the wikia is meant to become a place to exchange tips and tricks, getting started actions for newcomers, reference lists... If you already saw some wikia like http://masseffect.wikia.com/, you know what I am talking about. Plus, actually writing something on a wikia empowers people and give them more incentives to play.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:35:14 PM

Submitting a humble request for the following to be settled within 24hours (pending confirmation of payment details via PM)

- Lots L31 - L36 inclusive
- Festive suit

Done. You seem to be on a spending binge now  Grin

It is my great pleasure to remind everyone that our monks are constantly writing new pages of the history of Crypto-Kingdom. Rules, edicts, inventories, proposals or visions, the scriptarium is fully active and everyone is welcome to visit the Library of the Monastery.

cryptokingdom.wikia.com

In plain language: the wikia is meant to become a place to exchange tips and tricks, getting started actions for newcomers, reference lists... If you already saw some wikia like http://masseffect.wikia.com/, you know what I am talking about. Plus, actually writing something on a wikia empowers people and give them more incentives to play.

Very good, thank you Bishop, Earl and Councillor for this! Smiley

AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:50:58 PM

Done. You seem to be on a spending binge now  Grin

Yes! Caught the bug Cheesy Impressed with how this is developing so far
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 10:00:22 PM

d'Armagnac bows and go check the nascent brewery. Soldiers and besieged citizens alike will need good drinks to fortify their morale.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:08:02 PM

Crypto Kingdom (and Monero) feature in the second section of today's LetsTalkBitcoin episode.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/category/the-bitcoin-game
It went live at 4:20p today.
10000 listeners on average.

Interesting podcast, great job! Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:02:12 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 04:33:59 AM by Karl Hungus

My tavern, 'The Hung, Drawn, and Quartered' [B5], has rooms to rent, plenty of good food & drink, clean disease free wenches, and it provides a friendly, tolerant, and discreet atmosphere for ALL to meet for business and pleasure.

My stables [B6] have stalls & workrooms enough to accommodate and care for my guest's horses also.

What I don't have yet is entertainment for my guests and patrons (other than my wenches).

With the King's permission, I would like to take suggestions from other towns folk as to any activities that could be organised in 'The H D & Q'. If someone would like to organise the playing of 'games of chance' in my tavern, or other 'commercial' ventures I can assure you my commission would be fair and reasonable.

edit: My tavern would be a good location for money changers

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:10:44 PM

Housing program

Despite all the best wishes, even the majority of our citizens still lives in temporary conditions at best. This is damaging their participation in the labor pool, which means pure monetary loss every year.

What we, the King, have made as a solution, is to pre-build the Land grant area D1-D9 with small houses that are suitable for L4-L5 style living. The area is nicely designed as a totality, giving a tranquil environment with quite some green, 3 m room height, and the local tavern (North Gate Tavern by Dame Roopatra is child-friendly) is only a few steps away. The wide streets that connect to the North Gate and to the South and the Central square are paved to their total 10 m width. King's Park is open and near. The area is protected by a thick northern wall with battle platform all the way.

These gems of planned real estate development are in Land Grant, which means that the land is free and only the building needs to be paid for. The offer is open only for those who have not used their land grant yet.

We are able to offer it at an amazing value rate:
- 11 million for a 28-32 sqm L5 dwelling with 20% luxury (6 available)
- 8 million for a 18-20 sqm L4 dwelling with 20% luxury (3 available)

According to historical data, this purchase would give you the following IRR (payback time in parentheses):
- L5   6.2% (8 days)
- L4   4.2% (12 days)
- L3   2.8% (18 days).

And most important of all, the characters in the game would each have a house to live in! Smiley

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

I have been very pleased with the services offered by Asenath, architect for Marquess Joseph of New Liberty.
I warmly recommend him to assist you building the house of your dream. Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:36:00 PM

Proposal - The Grand Hotel (& Corporation)

I have a dream.

A dream of a building matching even the Royal Palace in room area, though not in its royalness. The Grand Hotel would be a massive 4-story building in lot A2, in similar style as the Marquess' Palace, but 3x3 instead of 2x2. We should take advantage of the original zoning principle of building "commercial palaces" to these prized lots, as long as they are available.

Ground floor

2 taverns/classy shops with direct access from the central square
6 shops with direct access from outside
5 m wide open-air staircase leading to the 1st floor and main entrance

First floor

Lobby with greatest length 19m, width 11m, height 14m(!)
The most high-end restaurant in town, with chef from France, the land of Cognac far away
Multi-purpose Hall of 62+52 sqm "conference"
Grander staircase than anything seen so far in the city (19 sqm of space used to ascend 5 m)

Second-third floors

The Grand Hotel, featuring:
1 ducal suite of 126 sqm with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms
3 suites of 48-56 sqm, with or without baths
7 rooms of 18-33 sqm
4 rooms of 8 sqm
All rooms' doors open to the inner arcade
All facilities and others well planned

Army section

This building takes responsibility of defending the east gate next to it
Barracks for 20 soldiers, do double duty as guards and janitors in the Hotel
Wall strengthened with 20 inside-wall battle stations in 4 floors, with arrowslits facing east
790 sqm flat roof at e=19 m usable for ballistas and whatever defence is needed
Fully separate entrances so as to not disturb the hotel guests but access to hotel area via hidden passages

Luxury level

Luxury level will be 130%, among the most magnificent in the city.
- Monero House 80%
- Earl Riccardo's residence 100%
------------> The Grand Hotel 130% <----------
- Town Hall 140%
- The Marquess of New Liberty's Palace 150%
- Royal Palace 200%.

Overall comparison

The building has bigger footprint than anything except the Royal Palace.
It has a larger room area than any other building.
The roof of 790 sqm at 19 m is the largest paved space after the central square.
The Ducal Suite of 126 sqm compares in size and opulence with the entrance floor of the Royal Palace.
Only the 3 buildings above are more luxurious.
The lobby has the highest room height in the central oculus, of all buildings in the town, beating the Cathedral with 2 m, and its length and width are also commendable.
The restaurant is the best in town, beating those of the Town Hall and the Monero House, and the private catering of the King and the Marquess.
The 20 soldiers in single command are also the most potent force in town (King has 15 and Bishop 10 soldiers). 

How to proceed?

Since the Town Hall IPO was a success, and also because that company was clearly founded on the principle of conservative housekeeping and 14-yearly dividends, we establish a new company with a more aggressive and growth/profit-oriented approach.

The Grand Hotel Corporation is about to start with a share capital of 500 million, which is divided to 500 shares, as was the case with the Town Hall. These can be subscribed without limit for the next 48 hours, and in case of oversubscription, the amounts will be cut in a fair way.

Since the building of 1,656 sqm takes almost a billion to construct, we loan the rest of the money to gain leverage. To determine the creditworthiness of this most ancient institution that has the largest building in the town as guarantee (in case of default, the creditors replace the shareholders as usual) is an intriguing task, and we therefore make a loan auction as follows:

- We are seeking a 50-year (25-day) bullet loan of 500 million. The loan consists of 50 bonds, 10 million each.
- Reserve bid is 1.00% APR (this is the overdraft facility interest rate and the King feels OK to offer it for all 50 bonds)
- Minimum "raise" (lowering) is 0.05% and 0.05% increments
- Indicate how many you want at that price 
- Everyone gets the same rate, which is the rate of the highest winning bid

Here is the table for the payback if you decide to offer a certain rate:

1.00%: 10 million => 15 million
0.95%: 10 million => 14.75 million ("minimum" = maximum bid)
0.90%: 10 million => 14.5 million
0.80%: 10 million => 14 million
0.60%: 10 million => 13 million
0.40%: 10 million => 12 million
0.20%: 10 million => 11 million
0.05%: 10 million => 10.25 million.

We want to be realistic. The calculations show that the return on capital invested is currently 1.15% per year. Since half of it is loan, the shares will get 2.3%-loan_rate and the loan will get loan_rate. The volatility is totally on the shareholders, but the creditors should be covered since it is unlikely that the building's value as a cash flow instrument would go to less than half of the building cost, understanding that it is in a prime location and the land was received for free.

Now you can tailor your risk percentage to exactly what you want, by buying both the shares and the loan in varying proportions.

If 48 real-hours pass so that the total participation to the IPO and the loan does not exceed 500 million, the offer will be cancelled so that the lot remains empty and no money is taken from anyone.

The town does not remain as a participant - if the participation is more than 500 million but less than 1 billion, the King / Jungherr Zechariah will take the remaining.

Totally new avenues open as the King is bound to give a haw for anyone who has at least 10 soldiers, and this includes this corporation. We think.. We can spend the profits from the Hotel to develop the haw, and other prime properties. It's glorious. The shareholders may vote for the dividends always, but if they do not, the expansion is the way to go Smiley

Hey Noble Palace, is anything happening on that side of the Square? We betcha you have more exclusive and probably more luxurious, but you just can't beat the size!  Grin

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

Hey Noble Palace, is anything happening on that side of the Square? We betcha you have more exclusive and probably more luxurious, but you just can't beat the size!  Grin

OH yes, Your Majesty.  The Noble Palace is undergoing a redesign effort for producing a yet grander and luxurious accommodation suitable for foreign kings who may come to pay tribute to His Majesties glorious kingdom, and could provide either long term residential use, or even royal serve wedding parties for those foreign kingdoms that may come beseeching a mixture of royal bloodlines.  We also would offer to noble sponsors of their knights visiting for the joust competitions, only the best available in both spectator views and services.
Only the finest artisans and crafts people as may be found in all the lands are sought for this most magnificent location.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: