Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:50:13 AM

My three favorite  places to dine:
- Grand Hotel
- Monero House
- Grail and Quail

City center is the Town Hall

Most esteemed is The Royal Palace

Grand Hotel for a privileged visitor.
Smooth's Hotel for a cheaper stay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:12:43 AM

Ho, ho, ho!

The King is back from a 4-year trip to the land of snow, indeed that of Santa Claus (almost!).

We already live Sunday, A.D. 1488, and we will turn to 1490 in approximately 8-12 hours, and then to 1492 in about 24-28 hours from now. Then we are on normal schedule again.

In 1490 we have the nomination and promotion parade, with the calculation of new Services pool payouts (Serv pool has reached almost 5,000 XMR/month already).

We have about 48 hours until the architect competition deadline. Dame Roopatra revealed to me that submissions have been made so in order to win, your design has to beat the competitor(s). That's all I know. Although participating is a task taking many hours, it is also a showtime for upcoming architects. I checked that the weekly level of architect activity in the Kingdom has been on average 660 XMR. Per hour, up to 25 XMR can be made and although I enjoy designing buildings, I am more than eager to transfer the work to Roopatra and the others who are competent and can take the time to work.

When the online version approaches, there may be breaks in service with the game, and additions to certain tables may be denied. I don't currently know exactly the data transfer schedule. It is very likely that certain stuff such as the city map will need to be copied manually (the final display format is a 20x20 px per quadrat (ie. 50cm resolution) limited-color (16/256) one, which our DB does not currently have). In this case there may be opportunities to make some extra by being scribes that do the actual copy-work.

My task list for the rest of 1488 is as follows:

- Rhadamanthus Palace ~310 sqm in N-J16.
- Lorl Karl's Palace & Theatre ~500-600 sqm in W-K3,K4,K5
- Military Science dept. building NW-(g0:h2)
- Update of Service Pool payouts.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Places to dine:
Monero House
Grail and Quail
Smooth's rooftop, just a hop and a skip away from my own (literally, I think I can cross over from my own roof garden Smiley)

City center is now the Noble Palace I believe.

Most esteemed is the Obelisk.

I, like Lord Zechariah, am loath to choose between the Noble Palace and Grand Hotel for a privileged visitor.
I would choose to stay in my own establishment if looking for a cheaper place.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:40:52 PM

My task list for the rest of 1488 is as follows:

- Rhadamanthus Palace ~310 sqm in N-J16.
- Lorl Karl's Palace & Theatre ~500-600 sqm in W-K3,K4,K5
- Military Science dept. building NW-(g0:h2)
- Update of Service Pool payouts.

Update. It is about 13 hours ago since I wrote that. Of that time, I've spent about 1 hour with my family. Furthermore, only one of the 3 buildings is designed, and although service pool is now done, the character promotion round is not.

The workload is currently so much that it actually requires the admins to quickly take every task that they can do. These tasks are:
- Checking and adding buildings;
- Buying and selling gold, stone, stocks, land etc. (Just leave a note on the sheet so that the responsible one can update prices.
- Communicating with other (newer) players. This takes hours of my time every day, and there is not a slightest chance that I could anyway do it once the Ancients is released in 6 days. So better get used to it already Smiley
- Dame Roopatra (or the player behind her) has shown interest in becoming a fulltime admin. Please direct every inquiry to her during the time that I have this extra workload. By "every inquiry" I mean WHATEVER you wanted to ask me, you just ask her instead.
- The XMR deposits do not work optimally but there is nothing you or I can do about it. The overdraft charges will be removed automatically once the deposit finally is cleared. David is the contact person if it's late for more than 4 days.

Thank you for this inception phase. It has been a nice, tightly-knit community, an "Earls' Street" where everyone lived a few steps from each other. Now it's time to move on, from a city of 39 human characters to one of 100,000 or perhaps one million. It will be a very different game and the Most Ancient items will be very valuable.  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:58:50 PM

Excellent news your Majesty. Saddam eagerly awaits the dawn of the new era. May it bring 1,000,000 players!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:55:24 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 11:14:01 AM by rpietila

News from the Services Pool update:

Services Pool has 4 sources:
- PCs
- Local servants (resident NPCs)
- Guest workers (non-resident NPCs)
- Tourists (wealthy visiting NPCs).

These are by and large equal in size.

It has 6 destinations:
- Accommodation (for NPCs)
- Hotels (for tourists)
- Eating and drinking (for all)
- Shopping (for all)
- Halls (for all)
- Special (for all)

Eating and drinking is the largest by far, surpassing even combined accommodation and hotels. The city has well responded to the need, though, and currently has 26 establishment serving the hungry and thirsty, in 5 price categories. The list below was a composition of a large work of PC's telling where they like to eat, tourists visiting places that are accessible and in the city centre, and NPC's eating cheaply near places where they live. The greatest concentrations of NPCs are near the Department Store where there are 3 highrises, the Hive area with 2 highrises and a garrison of 27 soldiers, and the Citadel with lots of soldiers and no services.

The results show that tourists could not support any restaurant totally, they are still so few. Eg. Town Hall has  Smiley Smiley/$$$$ but did not do so well. The players did support Grand Hotel, G & Q and Monero House, which were the winners. Many  Tongue/$$ taverns did very well just because there are so many NPC's. The 3 worst-performing ones were all managed by the Royal family who do not apparently understand that $$$ price point is too low for the players to get interested and simultaneously too high for NPCs. It was the winning recipe for Grail and Quail, though, due to their excellent location they were able to attract both tourists, PC's and NPC's, despite the food being  Tongue. Grand Hotel has solidified its position as the restaurant in town (overwhelming victory in popular vote over Noble Palace, which was not mentioned even once as a diner). Good income is the result of one service bringing in 16 times the money that the $ place makes (not so much that the place was full - it never is, and it is large).

The city can easily support more taverns but the target group needs to be thought out. Luck also plays a role: H, D and Q used to be a place frequented by players. Now nobody goes there but the neighboring Hive residents (who are many). Roopatra's 2 taverns were packed full in the last calculation, then she enlarged them. Now they are doing only average, despite Mama's receiving its first  Smiley. Royal Palace basement used to have a  Smiley/$$ place, a miracle combo of royal kitchen food, cheaply, in a good location. Still it was visited neither by PCs nor NPCs. We re-branded it King's Kitchen and tripled the price. Now it is doing OK. The only target group, tourists, did not care so much, rather wanted to eat expensively since it's King's kitchen anyway.

Code:
Name................	Income	Size	price	quality
Grand Hotel Restaurant 19 4 5 3
Grail and Quail..... 13 3 3 0
Hung, Drawn and Quartd 10 3 2 0
The Hive Tavern..... 8 2 2 0
Monero House Restaurant 8 3 4 2
Grand Hotel Drink Bar 7 3 5 n/f
Zech Guesthouse Tavern 7 1 2 0
Town Hall Restaurant 6 3 4 2
Bar in Department Store 6 1 2 n/f
House Tavern of L1 5 2 1 0
House Tavern of L5 5 2 1 0
Mama's Kitchen..... 5 3 2 1
Town Hall Tavern 4 2 4 n/f
King's Kitchen..... 4 2 4 1
The Golden Lion.... 4 2 3 1
Priory House Restaurant 4 2 3 1
Priory House Tavern 4 2 2 1
North Gate Tavern 4 2 2 0
Jacket's Tavern at C8 4 1 2 0
Outside the Wall 4 3 2 0
House Tavern of L3 4 2 2 0
Tavern in G. Hotel haw 4 2 1 0
smooth's Rooftop 3 2 4 1
Behind the Cathedral 3 2 3 n/f
King's Guesthouse Tvrn 2 1 3 0
Zechariah Palace Tavern 1 1 3 0

The midprice hotel race did not have a clear winner. All hotels get quite a good fill, and they are quite small anyway. In the luxury hotel category, the Noble Palace did not receive much income, relative to the Grand Hotel. It is catering to a segment that is not visiting our town in a regular basis, and to make up for it, the prices are so high that no occasional visitor goes there. Everyone except the Most Honorable Chairman of the Club advices his guests to go to Grand Hotel instead. The own memberbase is still so small that receptions are few. As a result, Noble Palace is mostly empty. (GH had the same problem with lacking audience in the last week, but now it's starting to hit the spot so perhaps NP will do it sooner or later.)

The King's Old Department Store did very well. It was originally intended to be a luxury goods outlet for PC's, but now it is in the middle of 80 guesthouse rooms and NPC family apartments and serves them. The commercial space in the ground floors of buildings did not do very well, except in the coveted locations.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Architect competition for 1-C-A4 (see rules earlier in the thread) design submission period ends in 24 hours.

Quicken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:47:42 AM

Architect competition for 1-C-A4 (see rules earlier in the thread) design submission period ends in 24 hours.

Looking forward to seeing the creative entries.
Quentin Moon
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:24:55 AM

May I get 18 town hall stocks?

Looking for a signature campaign.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:41:35 PM

Good News! The first building to the University, Military Sciences Department (cum Army Headquarters) will be constructed this year 1492 to the appropriate lot in the University haw.

As usual, the design is magnificent. The lack of luxuries is compensated by an even more liberal use of stone, including the 11 facade columns, 2x2 in diameter and 11 m high. Inside there is everything needed for the various functions of the building, among them a Lecture Hall that can be divided with woollen curtains to the size required. The full length of the Hall is 25 m, which makes it the longest hall in the town. Both the basement and attic are large, due to the fact that the building features only one main floor.

In addition to what is previously donated, the Army will gift 500,000 stone towards the construction in virtue of the shared use of the building.

We have heard that Master Asenath has taken courageous journey to the ends of the Earth and returned successfully. She is supposed to have some very rare most ancient items with her, and before any of these come to the marketplace, the Marquess is instructed to communicate with His Majesty.

The visiting tailors are ready to make Centennary Jubilee clothes. To our amazement, they are willing to offer them at the prices mentioned in "trade clothes" tab. Orders must be made latest 1498. (These clothes will probably become very rare since the pressing need for them is moderate at best, and the tailoring is soon becoming an ordinary trade.

The only possibility to gain Most Ancient gold items ever (barring imports) is also coming as soon as we have time to spex it, hopefully today. The city is now bustling enough to support goldsmiths with their showy lifestyle. A great gathering of goldsmiths is coming in these final years of the Most Ancient era, and they will present their prices to convert some of your gold to rings, medallions, utensils, cups and special requests. In these forms, the recovery rate of the gold will be about 99% (and gold will continue staking as normally) so you only lose what goes to the goldsmiths. Even that is not really a loss since 50% of the money goes to the Services pool, in other words as much as the resident NPC servants and the guest workers do.

Roopatra

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:16:54 PM

The Deadline for the Architecture Competition for lot A4 is Today at 7.00pm GMT! So in a little less than 3 hours!

Submit your entry before that and you will be in the competition for this prestige lot in the center of Old Town. To submit, send me a PM here, with the details of your building, including the blue prints and the cost calculation! Preferred format is google doc (send a link to the document you created), but other formats of entry are possible as well.

Once I have received your message, I will reply with a confirmation that you have entered the competition. If I have not replied your message, it means I haven´t received your entry! In that case please resend the message by PM, thank you.

The Dead Line is Final! All entries that have not been submitted to Roopatra by the given time, will be denied entry to the competition!
However if your building blueprint or cost calculation is not ready by the dead line, send the drawing anyway before the deadline closes, and it will enter the competition as it is, with a note that the design is not finalized.

Good luck for the competition everyone!
Roopatra

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:24:02 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 10:20:16 PM by Roopatra

All the designs have been submitted, so the voting can now start!.

All the entries that were submitted in due time are in the competition for winning the lot A4!

All the competition entries can be seen on a Google Document, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18-BnmgAThRfDKiLIq0Fi3AFOnk5H2zFjkolTIz04nFI/edit?usp=sharing

IMPORTANT, Voting Instructions:

1. Each Character can vote once, for his/her 3 favorite designs. (some players have multiple characters, and when so, please state clearly which character is giving the vote)

2. Each character that submitted a design is obligated to vote! However it is not allowed to vote a building that was designed by you, or a building that was submitted in your name.

3. Your pick for 1st place will receive 100% of your total number of votes, the second place 50% and the third 25%.

4. The number of votes depends on the characters current level in the game, as described in this table:
L15: 6 votes
L11-14: 5 votes
L10: 4 votes
L9: 3 votes
L6-8: 2 votes
L3-5: 1 vote

5. The votes will be given publicly in this thread.

6. The voting ends after 48 hours, at 8.00pm GMT, on the 28th November 2014. Any vote given after that deadline will not be registered.

The Results of the Vote:

After the voting has ended the vote totals are calculated and the design with the highest number of votes is the winner. The character who submitted it may then reveal if there were backers behind him, and who becomes the owner of the lot and the building. The building must be built without delay.

The winner with the most votes gets the lot 1-C-A4 for free (value of the lot is at least 500,000,000 m)!

The second place gets 500 gold.
The 3rd place gets 300 gold.
The 4th place gets 200 gold.
The 5th place gets 100 gold. (If not enough designs are submitted, the gold is not granted for them.)

All designs that entered the competition become public domain, free to be used by anyone.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:45:00 PM

The University needs your help!

The construction of the Military Sciences Department has left our esteemed University in debt over 200m!

With the greatest recognition of all of the donations to date, we further request that all who are able offer their assistance at this time.

Donations will be recognized in a permanent plaque on the building, and major donations will receive further recognition such as naming of specific facilities.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:49:59 PM

smooth (level 10): 4 votes for casino

Itrix (level 4): 1 vote for casino
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:56:54 PM

Please vote three (3) designs as the rules dictate!

Thanks for being the first voter. I had promised to myself to give the first one a bonus Smiley Took quite long  Cheesy

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:06:55 PM

Please vote three (3) designs as the rules dictate!

Thanks for being the first voter. I had promised to myself to give the first one a bonus Smiley Took quite long  Cheesy

Both characters vote as follows:

Second place: Theater

Third place: Brewery
Karl Hungus

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:29:56 PM

Architecture competition vote:
Lord Karl [L9]

1- MarketPlace
2- Casino
3- Auditorium

Congratulations to all the designers, ALL entries are excellent!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:32:09 PM

The massive beauty of this one can only be appreciated from the facade view.

Now is the time to help University to pay the remaining bills!

Karl Hungus

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:32:24 PM

The construction of the Military Sciences Department has left our esteemed University in debt over 200m!

With the greatest recognition of all of the donations to date, we further request that all who are able offer their assistance at this time.

Donations will be recognized in a permanent plaque on the building, and major donations will receive further recognition such as naming of specific facilities.

I will donate 100M towards this.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:39:59 PM

I will donate 100M towards this.

Thanks; I will let smooth himself do the transaction Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: