Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 02:26:44 PM

4B8suUor7am45MUc7pH3EZeH2UumpWFYHhnHkLvffgsLCY3PF1ShEF3dnGQ615Nq4RBk9M4JKyeRS1E 5jCm23gytJ5R1Xe6

There is no need for payment id. The txid shall be sent to Earl David (nick here: "David Latapie") for confirmation.
Technical notes:
Because of a well-known limitation in Simple Machine Forum, the above address cannot be copy-pasted easily. Please paste the one below:
Code:
4B8suUor7am45MUc7pH3EZeH2UumpWFYHhnHkLvffgsLCY3PF1ShEF3dnGQ615Nq4RBk9M4JKyeRS1E5jCm23gytJ5R1Xe6

I would still prefer to have a payment_ID. Why? Because anyone could pretend to have donated whilst it is not true. The payment ID is the proof that you did it Smiley And to make it completely secure, I will be the one providing the payment ID (otherwise, you could just copy someone else's payment ID - if you pretend to have donated as much, I would not notice the difference.
So, buying is done that way:
1. You announce how much gold you want/how much XMR you want to spend
2. I privately send you a payment ID
3. You notify me once you sent
4. I check the transaction
5. I notify His Majesty the King, who will credit the gold on your account.

Candidates who already contacted me are exempted from this process.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

Does this mean that the previous bonuses like forum posts and MEW don't count anymore since there is not enough gold?

They have been added to the gold amounts of the ones listed. (That's why the amounts were so large and I lost more gold than was planned).

The forum post bonus will expire after 6 days.
MEW bonus will expire a week after notice (no notice has been given).

Should we send you a message to see how we can buy gold on Wednesday or just wait for you to message us?

I will send the details when we find out a way to do it. It will be Wed evening EU time, so that the Europeans also get some gold.

I think you should set a limit on how much gold each person can buy.  At the minimum, should limit the amount they can get in a certain time period.  This way, more people can get access to the game, and there will be less chances of monopolies dominating and ruining the game in the future.  With a limit of gold purchase in a time period(ex. 1 week), people that are interested in the game have a higher chance to get in early, which is very important and people that want to reach certain lvls for the 30-day rule can purchase more gold near the end if it is still available(so you can still sell all 50%).   

Good points! We will try several means to make gold distributed optimally (which is not equally, though Wink). In the end, the free market mechanisms will take care of the distribution, and it will be interesting to see how it works out.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:37:57 PM

CKG:  If you ever wanted a private castle in the clouds, you will need some cloud stones, for which you need Crypto Kingdom Gold.

I just sent my little sister 1,000 gold so that she can play the game. She promised to return it after the ancient era. I reminded that 540,000 stone (5,400 tonnes) worth 54 XMR will still be hers after staking the gold for 90 days... Cool

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:16:46 PM

The Game Is On.

First rulebook published for Crypto Kingdom Version 1.0: Genesis

Starting from now, characters can be added to the game. We are currently only me and David Latapie playing it, so you get a very low character index by joining now Smiley

To make the start happen in an orderly fashion, all characters at this point require a minimum balance of 1,000 gold (this limiting the number of characters and easing the administrative load). Gold can be bought from the people who already have gold. My rate is 50 XMR per 1,000 gold. According to the rules, gold is generated at a rate of 10,000 gold per day for the first 100 days and then in relation to the online activity. Only 100,000 gold exist now, 10 days to the game.

If you like staking, gold is staking like there was no tomorrow. If you buy 100 XMR worth of gold now, it will have staked you 990,000 stone in the following 90 days. The system sell price for 10,000 stone is 1 XMR, so... you do the math! Smiley

In 7 short days, the Building editor and City map will be available, making it possible for the land grab and initial building to start, with the stone that has meanwhile been accumulated to the gold holders!

"My son.. I saw a dream. It was wonderful..., wonderful." - paraphrasing the intro of Civilization IV

so how do we join? xD

and why does to OP say the game starts on the 26th, when it already started o.O

Looking for a signature campaign.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:49:12 AM

Important information regarding the entrance to the game.

The game has been going on for a little bit more than 24 hours now. During this time, 68% of the King's gold hold is depleted. The reason for this is that there is a rule of 1,000 gold per registered player minimum. We cannot lift this rule before implementing a programmed database. Doing it takes 2-3 weeks minimum. So it seems that more people are currently willing to play than we can accept, and to compete of the few seats, there has been willingness to pay more for the gold.

The King's gold is seriously below target, so very little gold is coming from there during the following week. This post lists the ways how to get to play the game in the following 7 days or so. Please be reminded that the game will continue from there also, and once we get the character administration in good shape, we can take more players. There is a target growth for number of players, and we are currently a full week ahead of the target!

Even if I or anyone is selling gold at a high price, it does not mean it makes sense to buy. Read the rules, so you know what the potential is, and don't miss out, but also don't get fooled to pay too much.

Way 1.
Browse this thread and find people who own gold. Try to buy minimum 1,000 gold from them. The IRC channel:
crypto-kingdom @ irc.freenode.net is a good place to buy. Make sure the seller notifies me that the gold transfer is registered. It happens manually. Send me your character stats of nick, sex and age.

Way 2.
Since I promised a bonus per post in this thread, but only if the gold is bought in 7 days, these people only have the chance to buy a limited quantity (1,000) of gold in order to claim the bonus. The price is 0.15 XMR/gold, which makes the bonus 133 gold/post. Mention the MEW membership if you have one, for more bonus. The price (above) will be updated at a moment's notice when things change. Make the deal with me, and after having made a deal with me (it requires me sending a PM and agreeing), David Latapie has the authority to give you the payment information. Send me your character stats of nick, sex and age.

Way 2b.
Sorry, MEW membership alone is not currently a way to even buy gold from me, regardless of price Sad

Way 3.
Next wednesday, in about 3 days, I will arrange a gold auction, selling minimum (announced later) 5 lots of 1,000 gold each in the same way the forum is selling adspace. I will open a thread for the bids 24 hours before (and link it here), and the auction closes at 6pm GMT.

Way 4.
If I have promised to give or sell you gold, or you feel entitled to it because of something I have said that in your opinion creates an obligation for me (without me knowing), send me a PM. Also if you are a serious core developer for some of the open positions, then it is possible to get paid in gold, as well as anything else. Send me a PM. Others, please use some of the above ways.

There is so much to do. I hoped to get the updated balances of gold and stone done today but couldn't. The new player influx will probably continue one more week, after which we get to the next phase in game: the city map is opened, land sales start and building can be started as well. With such interesting developments coming up, I can only feel a bit sorry that the tickets to enter the game at present are so exclusive (expensive), but I haven't found another fairer way to allocate them either.  Undecided  

A bit of rant follows:

so how do we join? xD

and why does to OP say the game starts on the 26th, when it already started o.O
This is more like a pre-ann/ICO now. Actual play did not started yet.

No sorry, Earl David: actual play started the very night we decided upon cigars, that it was the time to make something that will make Monero a huge success. From that day, the first 100 days are the Ancient age. (The OP is wrong. I will have to update it. When I have time. I actually decided to sleep for 3 days)

Reading the thread gives a good glimpse on the different concepts tried during the initial development stage. Many of the things will be available in the later versions of the game. Some will not. The community will decide Smiley

1. You announce how much XMR you want to spend (1 XMR = 10 gold - boni do not count in the amount of XMR, of course)
6. I notify His Majesty the King, who will credit the gold on your account once enoughgold is available

Please don't do the above way. His Majesty does not sell fractional reserve gold, only actual gold in the vault, and now the vault is seriously depleted. The only one who sells HM gold is HM himself.

With this much volatility in gold price, there is no way to promise future prices in advance, as Earl David is suggesting. Cash only. Before becoming King, HM was a precious metals dealer and knows his shit.

HM has composed a list of people who are much invited to the game and receive a large gold bonus (currently: 133 gold per post) upon doing so:

Este Nuno 5 posts
superresistant 4 posts
SirLolicon 3 posts
Vokain 3 posts
Giulio Prisco 3 posts
uvwvj 2 posts
Anduck 2 posts
+ 25 people with 1 post

Thank you all who have made it possible! Tomorrow is a new day and new interesting things happen! Smiley

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:04:05 AM

+ 25 people with 1 post

I guess I am one of those +25 Smiley

Lucky me I can live in luxury from now on!

Looking forward to see you in game.

Hey I got 3 forum posts before this one... Do I still qualify for the bonus when I buy 1000 gold? Or did you just miss me?
Thx

this is the post Risto is referring to : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg9248616#msg9248616

And to make it easier for you my friend all your posts are after he announced he will give something for posting, that being said you won't get any extra gold!

Space for rent if its still trending
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:08:55 PM

I sent the XMRs to David for the private deal with HM.  Smiley

Thank you. Registered.

Am I eligible to the MEW bonus if I join MEW now? I was thinking to join now, have been very busy and postponing but this might be a good reason to push me!

Yes you are, if all the conditions are fulfilled:

- bonus is 25% extra gold when you buy gold since acquiring the MEW votes, up to the total amount of 25% of your votes.

- bonus is only applied if you buy HM gold, not for second market gold.

- it may temporarily be not possible to cash in the bonus at all, such as now: the situation is that you are not eligible to buy any gold from me, and therefore not receive the bonus. On Wednesday you can buy gold at auction and receive the bonus, likewise if you are a poster to this thread and want to receive that bonus, you can also receive the MEW bonus.

- when this bonus offering is about to be closed (it will, during the Ancient era), I will give 7 days notice and an actual allocation of gold for everyone to realistically exercise their right.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:24:08 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 03:39:29 PM by rpietila

Do you want all players to PM you with their characters age, sex, nickname and title? Or David?

Currently, to me. They are in a database that is viewable only by me and Lord David. He may take the responsibilities later on, and we will get it fully automatized latest for the Version 2: Ancients (2014-11-16).

What I have in mind concerning the administration of the game:

From tomorrow on, when I wake up, I update the registry for transfers made meanwhile, new characters, and stone staking. Then I will publish the biennial bulletin here, in this thread, and continue to do it every day during Genesis. It will contain a dump of the Character database, with all characters, and their gold and stone balances, for interest, and ease of making transactions and offers thereof.

Currently the characters do not have XMR balances and they will not be shown when they do. The ingame XMR management will start when land ownership and building is enabled, this Sunday. Both buying the land (although most of it is given for free) and building require XMR. XMR you are able to get by selling your ingame resources (gold, stone) to His Majesty, or other characters that buy them. It will also be possible to fund your account (send XMR to HM, who will credit you equal value in moneritos).

Again, sorry that I cannot freely sell gold right now. Please post your buying and selling offers to this thread or the IRC channel (crypto-kingdom @ irc.freenode.net). As a guidance of how much the gold might potentially be worth, the following calculation helps:

1000 gold bought now and held until 2015-1-18, will stake you 528,000 stone until that day. The value of this stone if you need to buy it from the game, is 52.8 XMR. The gold will stake XMR from that day onwards, but the amount is unknown and depends on the number of players. The generation of new gold will also revert to a much lower trajectory, again depending on the number of players. The long-term average amount of gold per character in the game is simulated to reach about 50 gold.

Wednesday we will have an open auction for gold for determining the price. My limited sale price now is 150 XMR / 1000 gold, but as said, it is not even available except for "the ancient posters to this thread".

kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:52:08 PM

+ 25 people with 1 post

I guess I am one of those +25 Smiley

Lucky me I can live in luxury from now on!

Looking forward to see you in game.

Hey I got 3 forum posts before this one... Do I still qualify for the bonus when I buy 1000 gold? Or did you just miss me?
Thx

this is the post Risto is referring to : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg9248616#msg9248616

And to make it easier for you my friend all your posts are after he announced he will give something for posting, that being said you won't get any extra gold!

Well that sucks... I find out about the game an hour after that post and gold is instantly sold out an hour after that... XMR value skyrocketing and the bonus I thought could help is gone too Sad ... such shitty luck... oh well, now i can forget about this for a couple days and concentrate on other coins... hopefully can pick them up cheaper than 150XMR per 1000 gold on Wednesday
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:21:00 PM

hopefully can pick them up cheaper than 150XMR per 1000 gold on Wednesday

That's the right spirit, man! Smiley

(Oh I wish I could sell more gold but the nature of gold is that of very limited quantity - you would hardly want to buy it if I could create it at will Wink )

The character count is currently 17. You will still be an early adopter  Grin

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:03:08 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 11:07:01 PM by rpietila

So there's no chance we can still get gold at 50 XMR for 1000 on Wednesday? How much gold is available then? And it's going to be auction format?

The original planned price of gold was 0.10. That I happened to sell almost all my stash out in the first 2 hours at 0.05 was a sort of mistake, and did in fact verify to me that the original price was better thought of than the initial price. Well, the game got kickstarted Smiley

The gold will be auctioned. The total quantity is 10,000 gold, and it will be divided to 10 lots of 1,000 gold each. By buying from this auction, you are also entitled to the "MEW bonus" and "early poster" bonus that will be added to the gold you receive.

The bids are to be given in the following format: "quantity @ price (XMR)". For example "2000 @ 0.11". This bid will cost you 220 XMR if it wins (or less since all bids pay the same as the lowest winning bid), and you will receive 2,000 gold + possible bonus gold.

The reserve price is 0.05 and no more than 2 decimals, so the bidding starts at 0.06.

Higher bid wins over lower one, earlier bid wins over later one, and all winners pay the same amount per lot (the price of the lowest winning bid that still wins)

The right to participate in the auction is not limited (except if it is not legal for you to do so). The winners will be created characters in the game after they pay for the gold and supply the character stats (age, sex, nick). Existing characters may take part in the auction.

Auction thread for submitting bids. Auction closes 6 pm GMT Wednesday server time, or one minute after the last winning bid (in case a winning bid was submitted during the last minute, the auction lasts as long as there are no new winning bids submitted in one minute since the previous one).

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:26:44 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 07:45:09 PM by rpietila

Just a sidenote - CK stone must be one of the hardest to get items in existence:

- first you need to buy BTC
- then exchange it for XMR
- then buy CK gold, which is not even available except as trickles and even then for the ones who fulfil other criteria
- then, slowly, the CK gold generates the CK stone.

Grin

17 people in the world have at least some CK stone. The list will be posted here in about 14 hours.

Ale

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:35:47 PM

Thanks for creating this rpietila and david latapie, this is such a great idea! Really looking forward to start playing  Grin

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:21:46 PM

Where to play this game???

You can make money in this game right?
What benefits I get to pay 100xmr for 1k gold?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:50:01 PM

This I would leave for some of the current 18 characters in the game to answer Smiley They have found it worthwhile, so speak out!

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:12:50 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 12:48:18 AM by Febo

Well as i understand, currently we are just enrolling. Making up characters. The current game go on where we will have listed how many gold each player have and how much stone we gathered so far. Gold and Stone are only resources i know of (i do not know much).

You can make money in most games there are. But in most games developers dont like you gain advantage by buying resources with some outsides money unless you buy from them. Here that should not be problem. How will all go we will see. Players that own Gold can sell it right now. To anyone at any price. For stone i am not sure.

Benefits you get by buying 1000 gold are that you can make character and become part of game. Game will be 100 days in Ancient era. I see this as alpha stage. I am sure in game rules lots will change till this era will end. Players that will exist in Ancient era will for sure have some advantage then the ones that will enroll latter.

When Version 1: Ancients start you will be able to enrol without having 1000 gold.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:08:03 PM

The gold auction has started. It will end Wed 18:00 GMT as promised. Making tactical bids now may be an advantage.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:10:33 AM

A.D. 1400

* David Latapie has been created Earl (L10). "I wish to honor David, Earl of Armagnac, for his great contributions towards the game in this first day of game development. As a token of my gratitude, and a tribute to HyperStake, of which David is a lead developer, I wish to gift the first 10,000 gold existing in this game to him. Since CK gold is a staking asset, this will give the longest possible staking period for Lord David."

* David, Earl of Armagnac (David Latapie), has been gifted with 10,000 gold.

I never properly thanked His Majesty for the incommensurable honour He bestowed upon His humble servant. His Majesty may rest assured the earldom of Armagnac will show his gratitude toward the King of all Crypto Kingdom.

HAIL TO THE KING!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:44:50 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 01:42:01 PM by rpietila

Tidings of the Kingdom, (in the beginning of) A.D. 1422

The HM accounting service has worked overtime to make the game accounting up to date after a surprisingly rapid start. After 2 real-days to the game, we are 6 days ahead of the target number of characters!

The full list of characters and their ingame possessions:

Code:
Totals.................		120,000	1,626,051 

Full name............ Level gold.. stone
HM The King........... 15 42,216 945,766
David, Earl of Armagnac 10 16,600 325,400
Riccardo, Earl of F.S.* 10 6,167 6,835 * F.S. = Forte Spagnolo
Lord NewLiberty........ 9 10,550 56,200
Dr. Choo............... 9 2,000 11,000
Dame Roopatra......... 8 1,000 12,000
Zenon the Sorcerer.... 7 1,400 16,000
Master James Syme... 6 10,700 56,800
Master Ale............ 6 10,200 54,800
drfred................ 5 4,000 15,000
serje.................. 5 1,167 6,000
saddambitcoin.......... 4 2,500 12,000
gwada971.............. 4 2,000 22,000
AdamWhite............. 4 2,000 11,000
Rhadamanthus......... 3 1,450 8,250
Febo.................. 3 1,400 16,000
Leila Liekki.......... 3 1,400 16,000
binaryFate........... 3 1,000 12,000
smooth................ 3 2,250 23,000

fluffypony is created Earl of Forte Spagnolo.   "His Majesty is very pleased in the upstanding character of Earl Riccardo, and his decision to coordinate the technical development of the Game as Project Manager. Our business relations can only get better following the latest developments."

The King bestows Earl Riccardo with 5,000 gold.

Dr. Choo is created Baron, although he continues to use his title "Dr."   "His Majesty received Dr. Choo this same year 1422, after his long and tiring journey to the Tsardom of Rossiya. He told wonderful stories about musical instruments that he had seen in the Tsar's treasure chambers, something that have never been seen in the Kingdom. He had appraised one of them to be worth 175,000-250,000 gold, and showed me a parchment of proof with the intendant's seal on it. Astounded by this great man wanting to settle in our Kingdom, we have created him Baron, with gifts."

The King bestows Dr. Choo with 2,000 gold.

Zenon the Sorcerer appeared to the King.   "His Majesty heard mysterious things from The Very Ancient Magus. It is possible that the longevity we currently enjoy in our Ancient era, is not solely based on the Two Springs in the NW chapelry of the soon-to-be Old Town, right outside of the planned First City Wall, but it is Zenon who has been protecting us all these years and has only now appeared. He promised to appear again in our Castle, whose construction we now have a reason to rush."

Roopatra, a relative to the King (however not in direct lineage), requested audience and presented her credentials. Roopatra is created Dame, since the King is of noble blood and none of his relatives may be regarded commoners. (The level L8 Knight/Dame/Jungherr/Jungfrau is reserved for descendants of nobility who do not have their fiefdoms yet, and are too young and/or poor to be promoted L9 Barons/Baronesses.   "His Majesty accepts Dame Roopatra's birth certificate, and grants her a loan of 1,000 gold for getting started."

The King gives Dame Roopatra 1,000 gold, with the hopes of getting it back at the consummation of Ancient era.

James Syme and Ale may use the title Master in front of their nick. This right will in the future apply to everyone in L6.

Rumors of the benevolence of The Earl of Armagnac have reached The King's ears. The Earl has sent a letter to the Royal Treasury to transfer 1,000 gold to the faithful expert servant serje.   "We are delighted of the generosity and add the early poster bonus to the sum, even though we are not rule- or oath-bound to do it."

The King bestows serje with 167 gold, and (as Mayor) promotes him to L5 due to outstanding service in the King's quarters that Earl David is now administering.

SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

Just a question, Am I also part of the current players?

I'm also interested in playing when it's released Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: