Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 06:10:01 PM

A comely young man in finely tailored garment and walks into the central square carrying a wooden box that may have once been used to ship the soap that by his scents he has recently been refreshed by, in a fastidious washing.

After setting down the wooden box near the site of the obelisk in central square, he pulls a scroll tube and hand bell from the box, turns the box over and climbs on top of the box.

Ringing the bell loudly, and canting in a high clear voice the young man says:

"Oyez, Oyez, Oyez!  Hear Ye, Hear Ye all!
May it please His Majesty and all who may hear these words.
In celebration of the founding of such great and glorious edifices of our Kings palaces and Cathedral.
Be it known to all that His Lordship NewLiberty hereby does grant
such stone as may be required to pave the Southern roads within our walls.
Connecting each of the 3 southern gates.  So that the path may be clear and clean
for those who will visit our grand cathedral and obelisk and that none may be hindered in their visits to these wonders.

One Hundred and Ninety thousands of NewLiberty's finest stones be committed to this task, and funds for the labors to lay them.
May it please our Lord, and our King, and may the great people of this fine city walk safely along these streets."

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:35:55 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 06:52:37 PM by rpietila

"One Hundred and Ninety thousands of NewLiberty's finest stones be committed to this task, and funds for the labors to lay them.
May it please our Lord, and our King, and may the great people of this fine city walk safely along these streets."

"What is this clear voice coming to our highest tower room that we use as the bedroom after the glorious 2-year construction effort of our Palace is finally paused? Taking a step outside, to the roof garden on top of the Throne room (also called Satoshi for those who are in the know), we hear it even better. The message is clear - without delay, we must summon the royal stonelayers (who did not have much of a break) and finish the constructions Lord Baron NewLiberty has commanded to be completed at his noble expense."

Laying stone in all the areas decreed, as much pleases our Majesty, requires 137,400 stone and 3,797,600 moneritos in wages. These will promptly be subtracted from Lord Baron's accounts, and added to his glory.

Especially heartwarming is that the lot under auction, 1-C-F1, also benefited from the Baron's magnanimousness as it is no longer burdened to pave as much as otherwise would have been the case.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

Lord Baron smooth would like to hire a talented designer to create a beautiful workshop and library, to serve as an inspirational work space and meeting space for the artisans, artists, and philosophers of the Kingdom.

As the task will consist of more than a merely functional design, with a premium placed on distinctiveness and beauty, the architect for this project will receive the usual 5%-of-building-costs (which will no doubt be high) fee, and in addition will receive two realmonths of free accommodations within the guest quarters to be included in the design.

If you are interested in this creating this design, please contact me.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:39:37 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 11:01:53 PM by serje

I love what you did!

I can't wait to submit my building ... hope it will get approved!

OMFG I am 43 years old already .... can we raise some donation for our wizard to make a potion to be forever young?

Space for rent if its still trending
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 01:26:12 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 02:10:57 AM by David Latapie

So, what can you do now?
Updated the wikia: What can I do?

Cross-referencing the various googlesheets databases is indeed not the most glorious job one could have, and also does not accept mistakes, for which reason I need to wait a few days before letting any aspiring archivist touch them (which is the plan of course..)
It is possible to transclude character strings from one sheet to another one-really handy, I will show you (transclusion means that you are calling a value, which can be variable, from another sheet and have it displayed on the other sheet).
Example of transclusion (same file and different file)

The XMR deposits[/b] - work similarly as auction results before, but it is more relaxed because there is no exchange rate risk. With some planning, David could issue a permanent personal payment-id for XMR deposit purposes, then it would from a player's point-of-view work similar as any exchange.
As long as I can be sure that no one can abuse your paiment ID (except me or you being terribly unlucky), I am comfortable with the solution that will emerge.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:36:19 AM

I would like to employ an architect to design a tavern, with the King's permission of course. I have 2000 CKG, so I have the resources, but unfortunately not the time to do it 'properly' myself. Are there any architects interested?

onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

you really live like a king Cheesy

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:48:48 PM

I am reading through the building rules and getting massively confused, especially when during the examples it speaks about building efficiency and luxury status. Is anyone else getting stuck here?

Building efficiency (e) is defined as:

e = "The room floor area of your building(s) in the lot" / "The (gross) land area of the lot".

Example, you build on a 2x1 quadrat lot (200 sqm) a building that has 3 rooms: 16 sqm, 12 sqm and 9 sqm. In this case your e would be (16+12+9) / 200 = 0.185.

Luxury status/level is the detail, comfort, utensils and luxuries level in your building. It is set as a percentage, with the following guidelines:

0% = very plain, suitable to be a stables.
10% = simple human dwelling
20% = moderate human dwelling
30% = comfortable human dwelling

Above 30% it also contains luxuries that will be created separate as ancient items, later, approx. in Version 7 (May-15).

50% = comfortable house with some luxuries inside
100% = full-blown palace
200% = royal palace.

The maximum luxury level you can set your house to be is dependent on its size and architecture. For example an Earl's town residence must be 200 sqm area for his own use at a 100% minimum luxury level. So it must also be stately so that the 100% or higher level is available to use. This cannot be defined except case by case and by seeing the examples. Lord smooth's 106 sqm pocket palace has 90% for example. Luxury level is a direct cost in building stage.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:15:33 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 06:26:00 PM by rpietila

The peasant stone mutiny of 1434

The peasants that supply stone to the Kingdom as goldowners-tribute have seen that the heaps, worth generations of their labor, have been depleted in a few years. At first they were eager to work over-time and supply more stone at a price of 100 moneritos each, as it also says in the Rulebook. But now the delegation brought harsh tidings:

We see that building work in the Kingdom and its new capital can require unlimited amounts of stone. The Royal Majesty has in His Wisdom decreed the price that shall be obeyed, but His Farsightedness may have forgone the fact that many of us peasants are still not totally submitted to His rule yet. Especially the old custom of storing the meager savings in Bit Coins instead of the currency of the realm, moneritos, is still strong among the rural dwellers. Now it happens that Bit Coin price as expressed in moneritos has quickly risen, and they feel that they do not get the rightful compensation for their labor. What is Your Majesty going to do about it?

We are tired (not specifically, but generally, as a mindset) of all kinds of complaining and also want that the Rulebook is duly written, read and honored. Therefore the royal answer is:

"We have heard your plea, and indeed the rate of construction is overheated currently. We shall preserve your rest by requiring that minimum 50% of the stone in every construction is taken from the tribute and maximum 50% may be bought outright, to honor the rules also."

See, not a word about the price. Well done, me!

How this new decree will affect the Kingdom, though, is that the tribute-stone (the one received by staking) may now be deemed more than 100 m worth. We are sure that if someone sets up a stone market, he will do well. Our Majesty has no interest in such vulgar activity.

ADD: In addition, to ease the peasants' work with ever larger number of goldholders, we have seen it fit that all building stone be brought to a giant heap in a central place (seen in the map). The HM Accounting office will take care that the owners are known. This also allows costless transfer of stone, as only the accounts need to be updated.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:12:56 PM

I am only seeing the building editor in read only access, is there anything I can do to enable read a write so i can create my own tab for planning?

The online version is not working perfectly, at least with me it crashes often. This may be superstition but I did not give the write grants to the master (even though that was the idea in the beginning), b/c I'm afraid that the data may be corrupted.

Please make your own online copy, and when you are ready, link it to me or everyone.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:43:32 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 11:46:45 PM by rpietila

The inauguration of the Throne Room and Promotion Ceremony 1434

We, the King, are satisfied in our Kingdom. The building works in the great city are proceeding in such a speed that those pesky peasants needed to have a break. Well, in our wisdom we maintained their motivation, without extra costs to our citizens.

It is time to invite some city dwellers to behold our majestic surroundings. Not so many that it would not be thought of commonplace, but not too few, since the room is large and a party with too few participants feels awkward... Tongue

Since we have the occasion, what if we promote all the citizens worthy of promotion to their new levels? This should be good. All the nobles are naturally invited.

Royal Proclamation for the granting of Fiefdoms:

Lord NewLiberty is created Earl of hisEarldom.

Royal Proclamation for the promotion to Nobility:

Master James Syme is created Baron.
Master Ale is created Baron.

Royal Proclamation of Mastery:

drfred is nominated Master (L6).

Royal Proclamation for increase of Level:

Damoiseau is promoted L5
Febo Urso Mortiginto is promoted L4
Ms. Leila Liekki is promoted L4.

Throneroom Badge

Everyone who has ever visited the King's Throne Room, is given the Throneroom Badge (TB). The badge was first granted this year to all who were invited AND present in the ceremony. Many were on their travels.

David, Earl of Armagnac
Earl NewLiberty   
Lord smooth
Lord James
Lord Ale
drfred
Febo Urso Mortiginto
Ms. Leila Liekki.

Others

We nominate David, Earl d'Armagnac, to Knight of the Ancient Order of the King. The chain weighs 100 gold.

We welcome new citizens of the city: BlackWidow, luigi, djjacket and Haruki.

The question of having a Marquess among us has surfaced. Indeed, the presence of 3 Earls makes the promotion more likely than before. There should be approximately 1 Marquess per 4 Earls, or per 200 characters total. The continued ownership of 30,000 gold is the auto-promotion threshold. In our own promotion, however, we are looking for a kind and generous heart above all + interest in keeping the Game going.

In consideration of the many Nobles residing in our city, it would please our Majesty if they would collectively gather the resources required to design and build the Palace of Nobles in the most honored place in the city. We are willing to grant any of the A-lots or the place to the west from the Church for the undertaking. Having a palace of your own increases your autonomy from the King (can't believe I am saying this) and grants prestige to those among you who still do not have their own Grand Residences. Needless to say, not only will we grant the land as a gift, but also the Palace will be considered a haw for tax purposes. No wall is necessary, though, as it already resides in a walled area.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Suggestion: HM should appoint some messenger to carry this parchments of wisdom and information into page 1 of this thread, so every stranger that reaches our lands can be informed.

Even this is granted! Smiley

Quicken

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:18:15 AM

I haven't had any luck getting any CKG yet, but I went ahead and designed a nice L7 building yesterday to fit in a 9x20 plot (zone C, 10x20, with alleyway on one side). It is saved as an image at the moment, and I'm happy to share it but am not sure how to upload on this forum.
Cheers, Q
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:30:52 AM

I haven't had any luck getting any CKG yet, but I went ahead and designed a nice L7 building yesterday to fit in a 9x20 plot (zone C, 10x20, with alleyway on one side). It is saved as an image at the moment, and I'm happy to share it but am not sure how to upload on this forum.
Cheers, Q

CKG is not granted via luck but by submitting a large bid and letting the others decide the price. It is the same for all so there is no risk. Smiley

Designing buildings is best to do with a copy (online or offline) of the Building Editor. It also has the cost calculator, which is mandatory to use.

Submitting an architect design with (reasonably accurate - it will be checked) cost calculation is free. Asking me to calculate the costs will be +5%. The same 5% applies for buildings designed by me (given availability). You are free to sell your own initial, unbuilt, designs at market.

There are no IPR in the Kingdom, so copying the designs of the existing buildings can not be restricted. The original architect will be given credit for the design in the Building Registry and certainly appreciates a voluntary donation at the builder's discretion.

I also don't know how to upload on this forum. If you upload it anywhere and then link on this forum by "Insert Hyperlink" functionality in the "Post Reply" editor, that should work.

Quicken

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:06:45 PM

Can't seem to do anything in the Editor, so here is the image of my L7 single-storey design outline.
5 Rooms - Great Hall to North, Bedrooms to West (3x3 could be bathroom), Living room to SW, Kitchen to SE.
6 Windows - all south or east facing.
2 External Doors - opposite each other for carrying food from kitchen to great hall.
4 Internal Doors
Paved courtyard area and alleyway to east.

Total room are is 73, and number of wall blocks excluding city wall to North is 54.
Longest span is 4 for the great hall, with spans of 3 elsewhere. Should be reasonably economical to build.
Could be made more luxurious with more windows.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:09:44 PM

Nice!  Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:18:31 PM

Miscellaneous

The town bureaucracy is expanding, and it has now become possible to record debt obligations at the chancery. In order to not proliferate debt, which is abhorrent, the Royal Majesty's seal for every line of records costs 500,000 m.

Since the debts can now be registered, it might be possible to record tenancy agreements also, already in the most ancient age, unlike what is says in the Rulebook currently. The importance are the current very high labor pool payouts, which currently pay back to L6 characters the entire cost of the house in a mere 18 years (9 real-days). We are considering the need for such registry, and accept the feedback from the citizenry. A similar handling fee is planned.

Entries in the character, gold, stone and m databases remain free.

HM has aided Dr. Choo to settle in the town by building him a townhouse. The location is very nice in between a wide street and King's Gardens. The King is willing to sell outright the adjoining lots to the north, on the condition that a row of townhouse(s), nice, at least 2-story, connected (shared walls with neighbors) is built immediately, to allow the next lot to be sold also. 15 million per quadrat is asked. The lot can also be 2x1 q. Buying these lots does not cause the losing of the right to the land grant.

The even better land in C chapelry - a 4 q lot facing the main street, is currently going for 5 million per quadrat in the auction.  Shocked

Earl Joseph of New Liberty has applied for a haw in the S chapelry. His intention is to build a citadel that is large enough to host the entire (planned) population of the Old Borough. To make the construction a possibility for him, we are proposing that he will get an unprecedented area of 50 quadrats as a haw, and the main street leading from the Obelisk to the south gate (of the citadel, and the borough) will be named New Liberty Street. The conditions are:
- that he would immediately enclose it with walls (as is always the case with haws);
- he would immediately provide an at least 4 m wide paved street leading to the south gate, and the total width of the street is 10 m;
- reasonable right of passage to the parts to the east and west through at least one wide street must be maintained;
- the land between the current city wall and the citadel may be sold partially to raise funds for the construction, and tax freedom applies to the sold lots also;
- the citadel must be fully constructed in 50 years the latest.

The gold auction has reached the price of 230,000 m/CKG and extra lots have been added. Now is a nice time to acquire gold since the economy is booming and stone (which is received as a "dividend" of gold) may command even higher prices than the 100 m initially mandated.

HM welcomes proride, a new freeman in town!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:58:31 PM

Royal Plea for the opening of the Stone Market

His Majesty is not pleased with the situation that his Palace and many other planned great buildings have not been constructed, due to some citizens' hoarding of stone, while the willing builders must go without.

We are (still) not willing to touch the dirty trade of dealing with stone ourselves. To encourage someone to start a stone market, which would enable buying and selling of stone in the same way as King's Coinshop allows it for gold, we are willing to grant him either:

- 25,000 stone, or
- a loan of 100,000 stone, payable in 100 years.

The practical arrangement would be a page in Character and Resource Database with buy and sell prices and maximum quantities. The administrator can perform all the practical tasks, as long as the price setting is the merchant's duty. In case of stone, even higher spread than 10% could well be instituted.

paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 04:40:57 PM

Is there an actual interface to play this game or does this thing exist only on forum threads?

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:53:45 PM

Currently the databases are linked to OP of this thread. Action happens mainly inthread and in the IRC channel.

In 3 weeks should be the online playable version, which allows you to do things directly, not via administrator as is now the case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: