Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:31:28 PM

If anyone is interested in a very elaborate Pearl Necklace from 1530 you can find it here!

https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/JWL-25

Good luck at shopping!

Space for rent if its still trending

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:14:25 AM

CK's new currency is Markka (M)

Circulating Supply: 618,704,945,976 M

Is the coin supply fixed now forever, or might it increase/decrease at a later time?
player99

Activity: 111
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:27:03 AM

Very easy to decrease it, just "eat" it. Any player can give command CONSUME M 100 (or whatever amount) and that way decrease the coin supply with 100 units. Lets hope many players do that Cheesy

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:43:16 AM

Excuse my noob question, please, but does it make more sense to start playing from a scratch (simply register) or it's almost necessary to buy someone's account (is it allowed?) to have any fun?

If you decide to play, wherever a new char or buying one, you've the lucky recipient of HRH Zechariah's posting lottery, and  961008 M are waiting for you, should you give us a CK char id Smiley

Other bounties have been transfered to the posters, albeit as 60063 M/CK rate, since CK itself does not exist anymore.
Mr Odin

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:52:47 AM

Thank you very much for the wonderfull gift of 2048 CK!!
I will make sure the markets are busy from now onwards Grin

I am off to drink some beer in celebration!

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:48:02 PM

It seems I woke up in time few days ago. Highly appreciated for my fair 1st place prize.

Consuming M is not illegal.

No longer legal.

CONSUME m 77 [fortune]
M can't be consumed
coinfanman

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:17:12 PM

Correct. Also to clarify, the actual withdraw process (sending of XMR or BTC) will remain manual, for security. The deposit system for XMR is automated in the sense that XMR is credited immediately to the equivalent M3 after one confirmation, and BTC to B1.

Example to withdraw 1 XMR:
Code:
GIVE M3 100 New

Example to withdraw 1 BTC:
Code:
GIVE B1 1000 New
Just to clarify, if at some later stage I would like to withdraw some XMR from Crypto Kingdom, I would first need to buy M3 with my Markkas and then use the purchased M3's to withdraw xmr outside of the game with the help of Saddam?
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:35:29 PM

Correct. Also to clarify, the actual withdraw process (sending of XMR or BTC) will remain manual, for security. The deposit system for XMR is automated in the sense that XMR is credited immediately to the equivalent M3 after one confirmation, and BTC to B1.

Code:
GIVE M3 100 New

Code:
GIVE B1 1000 New
Just to clarify, if at some later stage I would like to withdraw some XMR from Crypto Kingdom, I would first need to buy M3 with my Markkas and then use the purchased M3's to withdraw xmr outside of the game with the help of Saddam?

This is correct.  In addition, there is now b1 (BTC) that works the same way with saddam.

You could do e1, but you gotta find those walking atm special agents Wink
PatioCrasher

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:32:26 PM

Grin Damb this seems complicated.  I do not think my character is going to make it thru the winter.  Cheesy Lips sealed
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 02:36:50 PM

Grin Damb this seems complicated.  I do not think my character is going to make it thru the winter.  Cheesy Lips sealed

Martti's a good companion for staying alive and wealthy in the Kingdom. Also, IRC ##crypto-kingdom and here are good places to ask questions and learn the fundamentals.

http://marttick.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-adventures-of-martti-1-march-1622.html

Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:07:56 AM

Dear all,

as Crypto Kingdom is obviously growing very fast and has introduced multiple new ways to interact with the crypto markets (in-game Markka, XMR, BTC, and even real-life €), I would like to return to couple potential security/usability issues that I mentioned when we did a poll of "what has to be done before CK is ready to be published" around half a year ago (can't find the Google spreadsheet anymore though):
- Extensive stress testing of the server and the current implementation
- Possibly paid hacking attempts and/or security extension services

Sadly, I am not an expert in this IT-field. But I can see various scenarios where these will be highly relevant; for example now that we have multiple very volatile currencies introduced (both XMR and BTC), a DDos attack or such can hinder parts of people from reacting to markets (such as Poloniex) and reduces trust in CK as an alternative platform for conducting trades. Furthermore, we cannot rely on mere SQL-backups or such for recovery in case of hacking, as I presume such attacks would not be direct and may occur over a long period of time e.g. through SQL-injections. And naturally, we ought to guarantee that there is zero (or arbitrarily low) risk of ever leaking out a) personal information, e.g. emails (which are optional to provide for account recovery) or b) account information such as account name / passwords, from the data running through the current client.

Here is a short brief of the discussion in IRC, which I hoped to post before it gets lost in the backlog of the channel:
Code:
20:45 < Syksy> I concur with sammy007 in regards to possible security/burden issues, that should be addressed ASAP if the game is now going to "wider-audience"; I proposed wide stress-testing and a "paid hacking expert" testing in the poll long time ago on what should
               be done before CK was "ready"
20:46 < Syksy> I feel they are extremely important - especially given that we need to maintain extreme confidence on the platform itself since it deals with crypto currencies and not just in-game tokens, even if the cryptos are in depositories
20:47  * Marquess_Loaf seconds Syksy 's motion :D
20:49 < tombot> sounds good, better to be safe than sorry
20:49 < Syksy> stress testing is also closely connected to how confident we can be on the platform - as XMR and BTC can be extremely fast in their trading, CK has to be as fast to reflect those markets
20:50 < Syksy> sadly I am not a security or an expert in the field, perhaps sammy007 has some practical things that could be proposed?
20:50  * Syksy disappears into the mist again
20:51 < Syksy> security expert or otherwise in the field*

to which sammy007 (and others) contributed:
Code:
22:26 < sammy007> Syksy I proposed already: move from DO to online.net with paid hw antiddos, add recaptcha shit to prevent autoregs also email confirmation, can use mailgun. Easy steps to prevent a lot of bad things. DO will nullroute game servers if there is a simble
                  synflood from kiddies.
22:27 < sammy007> DO is a piece of crap, expensive and not efficient only suitable for hipsters to test their nodejs crap there from starbucks
22:27 < luigi1111> recaptcha is really easy too
22:27 < sammy007> you can pick a dedicated enterprise grade HW for this price in another DC with built in antiddos
22:30 < sammy007> I am running 4 core 8t xeon with 96 RAM for 55 EUR/m with antiddos protection. No estimate the same on digitalocean lol
22:31 < saddam> is that why the site is slow?
22:31 < sammy007> and there is also floating IPs so you can deploy database on 1 server and run 2 frontends in case one goes down another will work
22:31 < saddam> i always just assumed it was some really bad db queries
22:31 < sammy007> yeah I wonder if there are some indices exist
22:32 < sammy007> DO is not suitable for production setup, only for playing

Captcha and such are easy to setup, and I believe we today encountered the issue of multiple registrations for CAN registration prizes for the first time. While he was kind enough to cease this activity (and CAN incentive was reduced), I believe we cannot presume such cases in the future could also be handled just by contacting the person. The rest of the discussion goes much over my head, and relate to preventive measures I believe (setup to prevent synflood as an example of ddos etc).

I'd like to propose that if there is a capable & trustworthy person within the current CK-community, then he/she to be appointed to lead this development, hopefully with incentives. If not, I'd suggest we seek for external assistance with this matter. In my opinion this is just as important as developing new features, and I believe it could be done in co-operation with PJ without leeching work hours from him.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 02:01:53 AM

THE YACHTING CHALLENGE

We would like someone to define the attributes of the HMY ROYAL ESCAPE, the HMS MERLIN and the HMY MARY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMY_Royal_Escape
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Merlin_(1666)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMY_Mary

These will include: How much lumber used in meters, shipping capacity/tonnage, total passenger capacity, fighting capacity guns/soldiers, speed in knots, and in the case of HMY MARY, who much copper was used in its production.

We require the calculations used to determine these attributes, and for this, we will give the title of King's Ship Maker, a one time medal to honor the contributor(s), and 10,000 CKG (total).

You may work alone or in a team, but please state your party members in the presentation of the calculations used to determine these values.

hmc_

Update: The stats for each ship do not have to be historically accurate as long as the equations to calculate give realistic results. The goal here is to create a range of builds that can be plugged into a yacht editor similar to the building editor.

coinfanman

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:43:07 AM

Code:
GIVE M3 100 New

Code:
GIVE B1 1000 New

This is correct.  In addition, there is now b1 (BTC) that works the same way with saddam.

You could do e1, but you gotta find those walking atm special agents Wink

One more newbie question about the manual withdrawal of XMR/BTC, how to provide Saddam with the XMR or BTC receiving address for withdrawal after the GIVE command?
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:35:16 AM

Esteemed people of the Kingdom,

I am here to say goodbye and share my short story in doing so.

I came to this Kingdom full of hope, having heard its praise many times from Count Binary. So up I gathered my belongings to seek my fortune in this new city of hope. Clever as I am, I even made pre-arrangements so that I'd have my own house ready on arrival, and all my belongings present - a well planned move, so I thought.

But alas, it was not to be: Upon arrival at your marvelous town I managed to fall into a giant hole in front of the city gates. A hole so big that I could not escape from it on my own. I tried many times to climb it steep walls, but the effort was always too much for my weak powers. I even didn't manage to clothe myself properly in all that time!

Many tried to aid me in my misery, fed me, gave me gifts, and some passer-by even raised me to Baron at some point (the King, maybe?). Thanks to all of you, kind strangers. However, in the hole I stayed. And here I am today, and I decided to end my misery. I asked trusted and always helpful Roopatra to terminate my estate, sell my land, pack up my things, so that I can finally be free and search my luck elsewhere in the world.

For all of you that are staying, best of luck and lots of fun. Thank you for having me. Special thanks to BinaryFate and Roopatra.

Baron(!) Anjeshka
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:26:21 PM

I want Peers to show up in my party in Tallinn now.

The first Peer who is not resident in Estonia and has previously not expressed any interest in attending the Party, but can make him/herself happen in base "Embassy" in Tallinn, before the partyday ends (it ends in 19 hours), gets the following bonus FOR FREE + plane tickets (max 2000 EUR):

VII... Serenity VIP
Price: 200,000,000
GM: HSH Grand Duke Paul, HSH of OZ, HSH HS-S3 of HUS
Access to most VIP areas, 20,000,000 worth of drink coupons per day, hotel suite in any hotel.

It is with great regret that the Earl of Cebu is unable to make the journey to the homeland at this time. Matters of significant local importance command his presence. As well, matters of timely cosmological relevance demand immediate attention and they might be cardinal to that of the earthly homeland, but this much is not certain. I entrust to VIPs of the kingdom. Duties and responsibilities to the kingdom vary w.r.t. rarity of the applicable competence.
kidjim

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:35:23 PM

Update: The stats for each ship do not have to be historically accurate as long as the equations to calculate give realistic results. The goal here is to create a range of builds that can be plugged into a yacht editor similar to the building editor.

This seemed like a fun Friday diversion, so I'll throw in my two cents regarding the amount of wood required for a late 1600s ship.  

I started with the HMS Merlin, because there was more data available about her, and because she's the largest of the three examples.  Though Merlin was an "unrated" ship (a class which includes the Yachts), her specifications are just below those of a Sixth Rate ship in the Royal Navy at that time.  

So, how much material is actually in a ship? One way to estimate would be to work backward from the actual hull weight in terms of the weight/volume of a known material (like Oak).  But the tonnage (Builder's Measurement or bm) is intended to represent the carrying capacity of the hull, but not the actual weight of the ship.

However,  

"About 1684 Sir Richard Haddock, comptroller of the navy adopted the recommendation of Mr, afterwards Sir Anthony Deane, at that time surveyor of the navy, and directed an inquiry to be made as to the number of cube feet that are contained in the bodyes of several draughts to their main water line when all materialls are on board fitt for saileing. The result of this inquiry was a very voluminous statement of the weights which made up the whole displacement of the fourth fifth and sixth rate ships including minute details of their masts yards armament &c., accompanied by perfect drawings of each ship. The following table contains the dimensions and displacements &c of each class:--"

https://books.google.com/books/content?id=yaUfAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA16&img=1&zoom=3&hl=en&sig=ACfU3U3RGLp-HIK7qmBs8GAaMDFBiuZAqw&ci=79%2C64%2C866%2C519&edge=0

So this gives us real examples of a class' measurements, and values for its actual weight at launch and it's actual burthen (number of tuns of wine it can carry). If we generalize those, you can take bm of a ship, and estimate its weight at launch, and its actual carrying capacity.

I came up with a ship's weight at launch being 49.48% of its bm (that's the average across six examples), and we know a cubic meter of oak weighs 705kg.  So with all that, we can take a length and beam, and get an estimate of the cubic meters of wood involved in the construction of the ship.  
(I used the bm formula from "British Warships in the age of Sail, 1603-1714" given as {k x b x 1/2b / 94}.  But CrazyLoaf's formula works fine too.)

(Tonnage-BM) * .4948 * 907.185) / 704

For a boat like the Royal Escape, with a length of 30 and a beam of 14.5 you'd get (33.5*.4948*907.185)/704 = 21.3 cu. meters of Oak, the HMY Mary at 58 cu. meters, and the HMS Merlin at 68.3.

I'm sure someone can clean up the maths, and this is obviously not taking the other materials required for shipbuilding into account, but I think this represents roughly the amount of wood required to build a ship of this type.   I've got this in a google spreadsheet I can share in chat.

I don't know if this is useful, but I had fun reading about it.  Enjoy,

kidjim
Larsinoense

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:42:14 PM

Honoured to be able to participate the real 'CK' party in that wonderful medieval building in the Old Town of Revalia.
kidjim

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:09:42 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 09:33:23 PM by kidjim

Also, for the copper on HMY Mary, one simplified formula for wetted surface area is:
1) WSA = 0.85*LOA*B

Where LOA = the overall length of the hull excluding extensions such as a bow-sprit
B = the maximum beam on the waterline measured in feet

So for HMY Mary, you'd have 2,125 sq feet of copper (0.85*50*18.5), which assumes her maximum beam is at the waterline .  If there were an in-game item of copper sheet, it could be 1:1, or you'd have to determine the thickness of the plates and do a conversion from a weight of copper.  

{EDIT}:  Someone kindly pointed out that we have KMT for bulk copper. 
By the 1760s, standard gage for copper sheathing used by the Royal Navy weighed 28oz per SqFt (8.5kg/m2).

So the Mary would require 59,500oz, or 1686 kg, or 169 KMT.

kidjim
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 04:31:19 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 04:47:08 AM by generalizethis

Also, for the copper on HMY Mary, one simplified formula for wetted surface area is:
1) WSA = 0.85*LOA*B

Where LOA = the overall length of the hull excluding extensions such as a bow-sprit
B = the maximum beam on the waterline measured in feet

So for HMY Mary, you'd have 2,125 sq feet of copper (0.85*50*18.5), which assumes her maximum beam is at the waterline .  If there were an in-game item of copper sheet, it could be 1:1, or you'd have to determine the thickness of the plates and do a conversion from a weight of copper.  

{EDIT}:  Someone kindly pointed out that we have KMT for bulk copper.  
By the 1760s, standard gage for copper sheathing used by the Royal Navy weighed 28oz per SqFt (8.5kg/m2).

So the Mary would require 59,500oz, or 1686 kg, or 169 KMT.

kidjim

Looks like all you need to find is "...total passenger capacity, fighting capacity guns/soldiers, speed in knots..."

For passengers we will assume soldiers, mariners and boarded occupants--no humans as cargo.

For fighting capacity we will need the # of cannons (max available) for each ship's length--though this begs the question, what's the shortest and longest length for a yacht?

Speed in knots can be an educated guess based on the build (as long as a range can be calculated on any of these stats, you are golden--you may even want to find a speed at full cargo and at 0 cargo and find the average.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 05:36:37 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 06:38:00 AM by generalizethis

Carriages will go on sale in one half hour

The price points will be 5-50 million--a historical low, but also good entry point for new players. There are only 9 available, with no more in assembly at the moment, so take that into consideration if you think you need one.

Also, we are in the process of interviewing for a head of RWWC's carriage division, so if you are good with marketing and/or efficiency and/or deal brokering, this could be a good opportunity to show-off your skills. RWWC currently owns all the carriage patents, has a labor force  and a factory, so it's a turnkey operation that you can grow to fit your vision.

UPDATE: Carriages, Guns and Cannon listed for sale (I will abstain from buying until 5:18pm UTC--or 8hrs from listing).

Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: