Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 07:53:32 AM

CryptoKingdom Market speculation thread created: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1850565.new#new

kidjim

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:17:31 PM

Looks like all you need to find is "...total passenger capacity, fighting capacity guns/soldiers, speed in knots..."

For passengers we will assume soldiers, mariners and boarded occupants--no humans as cargo.

For fighting capacity we will need the # of cannons (max available) for each ship's length--though this begs the question, what's the shortest and longest length for a yacht?

Speed in knots can be an educated guess based on the build (as long as a range can be calculated on any of these stats, you are golden--you may even want to find a speed at full cargo and at 0 cargo and find the average.

We can compute a max theoretical speed (or hull speed).  The formula for that is:

HS (in knots) = 1.34 * sqrt(LWL)

Where LWL = Length of the waterline. 

To save us from having to determine actual hull shape details, ships of this type had a LOA/LWL ratio of about 1.1 - 1.3, so we can make an estimate for the length of waterline on a loaded and unloaded vessel by saying that the LWL of an unloaded boat is its LOA divided by 1.2, and a loaded boat divided by 1.3.

Perversely (to me) this gives you a lower max speed potential for an unloaded ship of this size.  From my reading, ships required ballast to maintain a minimum LWL for stability and speed purposes.

So for our examples, the MHY Escape has a theoretical top speed of 6.4 knots loaded, the Mary 8.3 and the Merlin 8.5.  For ships of this age and type, a more reasonable top speed estimate would be HS/2.

That's in line with historical estimates of speeds of 4-5 knots for ships of this type.

As for cannons, passengers, and the upper and lower bound of a "yacht", I still need to do a bit more research to determine averages from historic examples.  There doesn't seem to be too much data available on "passengers" as most of the historical information is about ships of war, rather than the royal yachts.  But we can maybe assume that the crew component is required, and the soldiers/gunners category is synonymous with passengers.  So you could complement an 8 gun yacht with all passengers, you just can't fight unless you put soldiers on it.

I will say that the Merlin is already at the upper end of what constitutes a yacht.

kidjim
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:11:25 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 06:15:12 PM by serje

I want Peers to show up in my party in Tallinn now.

Zechariah feels that his reasonable wishes to have also guys in the party, just go unfulfilled day after day. The party has been going on for 24 hours already (recently extended to 168 hours, meaning: 144 hours left). After a short meditation, he thinks that the perks are indeed reasonable, the problem is the suddenness of the party as not all Peers are special agents who just need to show up in 48 hours, which people don't usually do.

The first Peer who is not resident in Estonia and has previously not expressed any interest in attending the Party, but can make him/herself happen in base "Embassy" in Tallinn, before the party ends (it ends in 144 hours), gets the following bonus FOR FREE + plane tickets (max 2000 EUR):

VII... Serenity VIP
Price: 200,000,000
GM: HSH Grand Duke Paul, HSH of OZ, HSH HS-S3 of HUS
Access to most VIP areas, 20,000,000 worth of drink coupons per day, hotel suite in any hotel.

The second Peer gets the following plus max 1000 EUR for the plane tickets:

V..... Bitcoin VIP
Price: 100,000,000
Access to some VIP areas, 15,000,000 worth of drink coupons per day, sleeping lounge (1st priority), or EUR 150 hotel voucher, per day.

The third Peer gets the following (tickets max 500 EUR):

IV.... VIP
Price: 50,000,000
Access to some VIP areas, 10,000,000 worth of drink coupons per day, sleeping lounge (2nd priority), or EUR 100 hotel voucher, per day.
Total availability of all VIP combined in IV-XII is 50 VIPs.

All the other Peers, regardless whether they are residents in Estonia, regardless of earlier intention to attend or not, get the following bonus for showing up at the door:

II.... Guest
Price: 25,000,000
Daypass: 12,250,000
Access to Guest areas, incl Ballroom, 3,000,000 worth of drink coupons per day, sleeping lounge (3rd priority), or EUR 50 hotel voucher, per day.
Max 100 Guests and higher at any one time in the premises (Guest+ area).

OR

25,000,000 discount on any ticket class IV or higher.

ADD: Please note that the characters/people mentioned as Grandmasters of lounges, also get EUR 1000-2000 towards the tickets, and this applies until Sunday 18:00, before which they can collect their respective tickets and the associated perks for free by showing up at the door (Vene street entrance). If King cannot come, how about sending an emissary since Zechariah's patience is wearing thin much faster than that of Xerxes.

This still holds. (Btw. the party is not completely without rules. We have 2:
- no smoking inside
- respect the signs saying "entry above level (X) only")

Additional notice: Finns (who are Peers) are eligible for the 3 top prizes but it's hard to spend EUR2k on the plane/ferry, so you only get the actual cost. Note: Serenity VIP is probably still unallocated (did not visit the Embassy for some time due to adventure so this may be off) and it DOES in fact include 6 partydays of money (120,000,000 M in banknotes) + 6 days in ANY hotel (subject to allocation since good rooms in the area will soon be scarce, we keep a few in reserve at all times).

If you can lift the peer condition for me then I can be there!

Or am I a peer?

Let me know!

P.S. I'm online on irc but I'm not at pc! Sir please send me a message here!

Later edit: it's a 4 hours drive to Budapest from my city!
Let me know as fast as you can so I can make the necessary preparations for my departure!

And I don't have a car! So I need some time to get a driver with a car to take me there!

Space for rent if its still trending
goin2mars.

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:25:59 AM

That sure was a nice carriage RWWC sale. Hopefully the money raised can lead into new business opportunities for them. When considering whether or not something is too expensive, it's easier for me to make a choice by considering who the seller is. After all I probably wouldn't have much windows, weapons or carriages without RWWC and those who have merged with it.

Party in Tallinn sounds like a great time Smiley

me before: goo dot gl/QV7mhF
C0A2A1C4
ham
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 11:12:16 AM

I don't know if you are a Peer, but if I were you, I'd just come first and cause the King to make you a Peer while on your way.

See you in Embassy! Wink

Since I can't make it, Sir Serje can act as my ambassador of wine tasting Smiley

I would be delighted to be your ambassador!

I only have one last question, if I'm generalizethis ambassador that qualifies me for the contest?

He is the King!

I guess that's a yes! And will start preparations!

Wish me luck!

Serje, as one of the Ancients come to honor our lands once more, is officially peered by HM Crichton. Let it be known throughout the Kingdom.

I'm sorry that I'm disappointing everyone but I can't make it!

I wish I could be there from my heart! But it seems that almost all the people from my real life think I'm crazy because I want to go there and people from here are stuck on some shitty excuse about it's a lot of money to lend!

I've tried very hard to convince people that my place is there but they do not agree with me.

All this being said I would like to apologize in from of Sir Risto and in from of HM Crichton!

Please accept my humble apologies they come from deep inside my heart.

If they understood the arbitrage opportunity of E1 <--> M3, they probably would have paid you instead of lent you the money Smiley Sorry you can't get there and share your adventures. Hopefully there will be a few more parties to come.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 11:15:48 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 12:21:57 PM by generalizethis

RWWC is selling WIRS

These are the standard pane windows for your building needs. Listed are 10,000 WIRS @ 8.5-13k.

ADDED: 2,000 WIRL (large pane glass) @ 10-13k

ADDED: a few hundred ancient widows

ADDED: 300 in S-RW buyback BIDS @ 150-250k

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:16:01 AM

If they understood the arbitrage opportunity of E1 <--> M3, they probably would have paid you instead of lent you the money Smiley Sorry you can't get there and share your adventures. Hopefully there will be a few more parties to come.

Frankly I don't understand how anything can be more efficient and have value in the knowledge age if it requires one to travel in order to be part of it. Afaics, it going backwards in terms of technology.

I ask the King to take back my CK and return it to the treasury.

I feel I can't contribute to that which I do not understand. And I don't want to leech on his kingdom.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 11:22:45 AM

Frankly I don't understand how anything can be more efficient and have value in the knowledge age if it requires one to travel in order to be part of it. Afaics, it going backwards in terms of technology.

I ask the King to take back my CK and return it to the treasury.

I feel I can't contribute to that which I do not understand. And I don't want to leech on his kingdom.

M3 to E1 can just as easily happen on ebay if someone takes the time to make that market. AFAIK game currencies are welcome there. Also, M3 to B1 has arbitrage opportunities via Poloniex or Bittrex pricing (and you can do that without traveling--in fact, a bot could do it why you sleep).

Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:53:43 PM

Commoner promotions of 1667

Samuel Libre (#1028) has been promoted to L5 Expert.
Toady (#1059) has been promoted to L5 Expert.

Odin (#1001) has been promoted to L4 Novice.

Flashmand (#1002) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Skrtsremmurd (#1072) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
McDuffy (#1081) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Kermaar (#1088) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Larsinoense (#1094) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Andre Kees (#1103) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Aura207 (#1107) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Elina (#1109) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Cconnected (#1111) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Mozes (#1112) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Malgarthius (#1120) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.
Dorsoonjol (#1166) has been promoted to L3 Beginner.

Congratulations to all the promoted!

Reminder: All commoners can rise levels all the way up to L9 Great Wizard just by consuming products with wisdom and appearing on the Top World scoreboard.
Rules for commoner character promotions:
Appearing on Top World wisdom scoreboard daily at random time when admin checks it
IF you are in top-5, one level promotion up to L6: Master
IF you are in top-3, one level promotion up to L8: Doctor
IF you are the top-1, one level promotion up to L9: Great Wizard
Only one level-up per character per game-year.
Coming promotions will be updated here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1peOkmuO7fY29xVjYDnCS7JsFTXRo2OZAmvULG-OQxiY/edit#gid=904363438 the promotions will be given out on Sundays.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:16:16 PM

Commoner promotions of 1667

Samuel Libre (#1028) has been promoted to L5 Expert.

Very nice, congratulations to me.
f1strategist

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

Hey guys,

I'm quite new.  Got introduced to this game from a friend of mine.

Looking forward to explore this kingdom as well as exploring the world of the virtual currencies.

submit 1139 36 3
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:53:13 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 09:05:38 PM by MoneroMooo

To everyone who's part of the diplomacy in Sweden minigame:

I've tried various possibilities in how to apportion the SCI between the players, and there is a winner. I'm not claiming that this one maximizes the overall gain over all possible variants since there's an astronomical number of them, however.

Basically, the idea is that there are 4 variables in the formula:

(A-B-C)^2 / D

A is what you already put as an entry fee, it's fixed.
B is the mean amount you send
C is the mean amount you receive
D is the mean amount overall

Since you have to send all our SCI, B is equal to A divided by the number of people you send to. C is determined by other players. D decreases as the number of people you send to increases.

To get more points, you must increase the numerator, and decrease the denominator.

It seems that the best way to maximize the overall gain is to send low average to the people who paid a lot, and high average to the people who paid little. This means people who paid a lot end up with high A-B-C, and people who paid little end up with negative A-B-C (which, when squared, ends up positive). Basically, bring down high SCI people as little as possible, and bring down low SCI people as much as possible.

Now, the lower the D, the high the overall gain, all other things being equal. They're not equal though, and after experimenting, it seems like the influence of D outweighs others.

So in the end, the winning strategy is: low SCI poeple give to everyone (if they can - if they have less than 13 SCI in the game, they give 1 SCI to everyone except two, who get nothing), high SCI people split equally between low SCI people (but not high SCI people), everyone gets 1 if possible. If people have to split equally but end up with non-integer amounts, split the remainder between low SCI people.

This means the following:

Bucket: send 2 to roopatra, 1 to Crown, 2 to Odin, 1 to goin2mars, 2 to Erin, tombot, Veronica, 1 to Mooo, SirJacket, noms, Loaf, 2 to sammy007, deborah
Roopatra: send 1 to Bucket, Crown, goin2mars, tombot, Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, noms, sammy007, deborah
Crown: send 8 to Bucket, Roopatra, Odin, goin2mars, Erin, tombot, Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, 7 to noms, Loaf, sammy007, deborah
Odin: send 1 to Bucket, Crown, goin2mars, tombot, Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, noms, sammy007, deborah
goin2mars: send 7 to Bucket, Roopatra, Crown, Odin, Erin, tombot, Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, noms, sammy007, 6 to deborah
Erin: send 1 to Bucket, Crown, Odin, goin2mars, tombot, Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, noms, deborah
tombot: send 6 to Bucket, Roopatra, Crown, 7 to Odin, 6 to goin2mars, 7 to Erin, 6 to Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, noms, Loaf, sammy007, deborah
Veronica: send 2 to Bucket, 3 to Roopatra, 2 to Crown, 3 to Odin, 2 to goin2mars, 3 to Erin, 2 to tombot, 2 to Mooo, SirJacket, noms, Loaf, 3 to sammy007, 2 to deborah
Mooo: send 142 to Bucket, Roopatra, 1 to Crown, 142 to Odin, 1 to goin2mars, 142 to Erin, 1 to tombot, 142 to Veronica, 1 to SirJacket, noms, Loaf, 142 to sammy007, deborah
SirJacket: send 142 to Bucket, Roopatra, 1 to Crown, 142 to Odin, 1 to goin2mars, 142 to Erin, 1 to tombot, 142 to Veronica, 1 to Mooo, noms, Loaf, 142 to sammy007, deborah
noms: send 113 to Bucket, Roopatra, 1 to Crown, 113 to Odin, 1 to goin2mars, 114 to Erin, 1 to tombot, 113 to Veronica, 1 to Mooo, SirJacket, 1 to Loaf, 114 to sammy007, deborah
Loaf: send 142 to Bucket, Roopatra, 1 to Crown, 142 to Odin, 1 to goin2mars, 142 to Erin, 1 to tombot, 142 to Veronica, 1 to Mooo, SirJacket, noms, sammy007, deborah
sammy007: send 1 to Bucket, Roopatra, Crown, Odin, goin2mars, tombot, Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, noms, deborah
deborah: send 2 to Bucket, Roopatra, Crown, Odin, goin2mars, Erin, tombot, 1 to Veronica, Mooo, SirJacket, noms, Loaf, sammy007

That's a reasonably optimal setup I think.

Edit: To be clear: you don't actually send any SCI now. This is about the SCI you already consumed to be part of this minigame. You just send syksy a message with the above distribution I made for you.

goin2mars.

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:46:59 AM

I've followed The Prince of Stonehaven's reasonable request and sent my envelope Smiley

me before: goo dot gl/QV7mhF
C0A2A1C4
ham
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:26:01 AM

Some general pointers about the Diplomacy in Sweden subgame:

- The game will end between Tuesday-Wednesday midnight, Finnish time (GMT+2). That would be approx. 1d 9h 40min from this post.
- Please note that the reward DIP will be untradeable! (similar to CUL)
- The envelopes, once opened, will be public. In hindsight, I should've made it so that only the outcome is public, but since I gave this impression we will stick to it. So we will see all the names of the senders and receivers, as well as the amount sent.
- You are able to re-send an envelope all the way until the deadline. So if you have already sent me one, you can replace it with a newer, better thought-out one.
- My apologies if I tried to intervene in the game discussion too much, I will try to not direct people into any direction. All game-related comments made by me have been not substantiated by any facts or analyses so far.
- I will also post my own analyses of the challenge, some of which I did couple days ago, and I will try to finish them by the end-timer. It ought to be interesting to see how the game played out, how it could've deviated, etc Smiley I retain the right to give out additional prizes to people who have performed exceptionally in some form in the game.
- I have now received over half of the envelopes. If all the players deliver the envelopes, we can end the game at that point before the deadline. If you do not want this to happen, please message me here or in IRC - otherwise I assume I have everybody's consensus to wrap up the game earlier of possible.

(I might edit this post if further questions arise.)
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:44:49 PM

To everyone who's part of the diplomacy in Sweden minigame:

Thank you moneromooo for making this easy for someone who didn't have the time to math it out.
I've followed your plan.
Happy games everyone!
Joddi

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:04:42 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 01:29:18 PM by Joddi

I am sorry, Your Highness, for the trouble and the pain that I have caused.
I am merely a stranger in this society and still trying to figure my way.
I am a stranger that in my honest opinion you might've misread, Sir.
I hope u will accept my debt as an apology and let me earn my trust.

Sincerely,
tombots

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:09:16 PM

Being the Grand Ambassador of the QGC put some pressure on me for this Sweden event. Grand Ambassadors probably should come up with some great diplomatic plan.

But MoneroMooo´s plan sounded ok to me and I went with that.

Here is my original plan, not at all mathematical. Just what I thought would be good:
2 to everyone and the rest to the Crown.

Lets see how this goes Smiley

Greetings, Earl Tombot

kidjim

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

As for cannons, passengers, and the upper and lower bound of a "yacht", I still need to do a bit more research to determine averages from historic examples.  There doesn't seem to be too much data available on "passengers" as most of the historical information is about ships of war, rather than the royal yachts.  But we can maybe assume that the crew component is required, and the soldiers/gunners category is synonymous with passengers.  So you could complement an 8 gun yacht with all passengers, you just can't fight unless you put soldiers on it.

I will say that the Merlin is already at the upper end of what constitutes a yacht.

kidjim

I've purchased a manuscript that allowed me to compile a much larger sample of data for yacht class ships of the 1600s.  I was able to determine average armament and passenger statistics based on about 15 examples, including the Escape, and Merlin.

Gun stats don't follow any of the craft's other attributes in a linear way, but fall into 4, 8/6, or 12/10 groups (with 8/6 meaning 8 guns war time, 6 guns peace time).  Those would be the only real armament options for boats of this class, and yachts large enough to support a 12/10 group weren't built until the 1680s.  Generally speaking, LOA > 70 allows for a 12/10 group, LOA<42 is a 4 gun group, and everything in between is an 8/6 group.

Fun fact:  Armaments in First Rate and Yacht classes were costed in Brass rather than Iron.  So it might not be a fighting ship first and foremost, but the guns aren't cheap. 

The complement of mariners varied based on the boat's purpose.  A true royal yacht, like the Escape, used for the purposes of ferrying royal persons would have had a very small complement regardless of its size, while the aptly named "Kitchen" carried more crew as its intended purpose was to provide dining support.   I've come up with three ratios based on the boat's purpose, and based off of tonnage rather than length. 

1) Luxury 10bm/person [like the besan, a gift from the dutch to Charles the II)
2) Middle: 5 bm/person [like the merlin, or kitchen]
3) Work: 3bm/person [like the Lenox, belonging to the Duke of Lenox, rather than the king]

I've sent HMC a message in-game with a link to a spreadsheet which calculates all of the values discussed so far.  He's more than welcome to post it publicly.

kidjim
noms

Activity: 220

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:56:38 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 02:19:43 AM by noms

Palazzo has finally released Diamond Quest after some testing by deborah and xin (thank you very much!). It takes bids in m. Try playing!

http://palazzo.cryptokingdom.me

Monero.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:47:26 AM

Palazzo has finally released Diamond Quest after some testing by deborah and xin (thank you very much!). It takes bids in m. Try playing!

well well well
I guess I'm the lucky one!

beat this!  Cheesy

Space for rent if its still trending
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: