Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:46:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Triangles [TRI] - low supply X13 PoS over TOR with secure messaging  (Read 102264 times)
rossskkinder

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:57:26 AM

To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:31:50 PM

Re.  Regarding delisting: I contacted bittrex when i saw that delisting notice and had a seemingly nice conversation with them. They asked if TRI is still maintained and developed etc, I answered all their questions, they seemed satisfied with those answers. 1 day later TRI was delisted.  Roll Eyes

I was wondering How I2P is involved with Triangles?  Does all wallets have I2P also?

Does TOR and I2P connection prevent less secure blockchains from syncing?

Does Triangles new QT5 wallet exclude old OS like Win 7 or older?  

Do you have any insight to adolfo_hp and to get him syncing?

- No I2P, only TOR
- That question makes no sense, I'll ry to answer it anyways:  TOR, I2P or clearnet are solely the networks used to run the clients. They don't influence any functionality. However, syncing is usually faster in clearnet.
- The wallet works fine with windows 7. I assume it would work with Vista (why would anyone still run that?) too.
- There is no need to add nodes, the hardcoded seednode is working fine. If u want to add nodes, please remove the localhost (127.0.0.1) nodes from the given list - only use .onion nodes. If u have a new wallet, import the bootstrap  - otherwise it will take ages to sync.

Hello @wurstgelee, I spoke with @robox and @SwaveyMane yesterday over Discord Voice on ideas to kick start development on TRI including an improved website, creation of a white paper and enhanced social media promotion. Would you consider coming back on board? I saw you have been active in the past and perhaps would consider joining us in the future. One of the ideas we discussed is to promote TRI as a store of value / wealth storage coin.

We also noticed a discrepancy between the supply of TRI as noted by coinmarketcap (72.9K) and the block explorer (95.7K coins). In all likelihood the Block Explorer is more accurate which means we will need to deal with the maximum supply issue.

I agree with vella85, even if the supply increased to 200K to 500K shares, TRI would still be a rare coin compared with the vast majority of alt coins and would allow for more years of 30% staking if the community agreed change was necessary for long term scalability.  

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 11:27:28 PM

Re.  Regarding delisting: I contacted bittrex when i saw that delisting notice and had a seemingly nice conversation with them. They asked if TRI is still maintained and developed etc, I answered all their questions, they seemed satisfied with those answers. 1 day later TRI was delisted.  Roll Eyes

I was wondering How I2P is involved with Triangles?  Does all wallets have I2P also?

Does TOR and I2P connection prevent less secure blockchains from syncing?

Does Triangles new QT5 wallet exclude old OS like Win 7 or older?  

Do you have any insight to adolfo_hp and to get him syncing?

- No I2P, only TOR
- That question makes no sense, I'll ry to answer it anyways:  TOR, I2P or clearnet are solely the networks used to run the clients. They don't influence any functionality. However, syncing is usually faster in clearnet.
- The wallet works fine with windows 7. I assume it would work with Vista (why would anyone still run that?) too.
- There is no need to add nodes, the hardcoded seednode is working fine. If u want to add nodes, please remove the localhost (127.0.0.1) nodes from the given list - only use .onion nodes. If u have a new wallet, import the bootstrap  - otherwise it will take ages to sync.

Hello @wurstgelee, I spoke with @robox and @SwaveyMane yesterday over Discord Voice on ideas to kick start development on TRI including an improved website, creation of a white paper and enhanced social media promotion. Would you consider coming back on board? I saw you have been active in the past and perhaps would consider joining us in the future. One of the ideas we discussed is to promote TRI as a store of value / wealth storage coin.

We also noticed a discrepancy between the supply of TRI as noted by coinmarketcap (72.9K) and the block explorer (95.7K coins). In all likelihood the Block Explorer is more accurate which means we will need to deal with the maximum supply issue.

I agree with vella85, even if the supply increased to 200K to 500K shares, TRI would still be a rare coin compared with the vast majority of alt coins and would allow for more years of 30% staking if the community agreed change was necessary for long term scalability.  

I think Coinmarketcap is wrong and needs to be updated, maybe someone can send in a support ticket to have the stats updated to the ones showing in the Triangles block explorer. Once the community agrees on which direction Trinagles is going in then we can have a vote on the total coin supply increase if the majority want that.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
resinball

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:54:51 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 11:18:15 AM by resinball

To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.

i believe Triangles broke the shit coin era.  coins were offering promises, burning bag holders (sudden coin swap and promotion of loss of private keys during the confusion of constant forking [lowering supply, less dump power, increase buy wall, increase price]), any short-cut to help short term and long term traders price outlook.  it feels like the set norm from _____ is to do nasty evil to the coin itself for it to be considered real money because real money is supposed to be evil.  i see Triangles as a true technology and clean experiment.

each coin is its own bible and universe with set forms placed for life.  electromagnetic spectrum, gravity, plate tectonics, convection, cell structure, life cycle, and etc.  the idea of "We are deeply sorry!  No buzzword dripping whitepaper, no development plan, no hot air, no utopia.  We prefer to adjust TRI developments to the rapidly changing crypto world once we decide new features make sense.  We won't implement things solely for the purpose of having them." was to set no promise of change and to ward off those attempting to defile the coin's true integrity.  when i see a block roll-back/coin splits/re-branding/ico/ or premine.. it feels like the shit coin era never ended and Triangles is a Clean Champion.

120,000 TRI total supply was the PoW specifications, PoS = unlimited supply = about 6000 TRI rewarded yearly last time CryptoID was around.  i feel there is no need change specs.  as supply increases the low inflation slightly increases as over time.  inflation will still be low while adding beef to the over count.

||| I think next feature i'd suggest (if possible) is to make TRI wallet/phone app a grocery register that can scan QR items from camera with conversion from regional currency (USD/NZDT/ect) in TRI dump-able BTC wall into shopping cart and option for purchase ||| (adoption into any corner store or mega mall [creating accessibility/acquirability/more TRI holders/BTC equivalent notification so buyers know their TRI power is dependent on buy wall and sellers can fiat their TRI at tether price)

for community members interested in developing Triangles, You should post to us the details on how Your going to figure out how Your going to implement Your idea and post a due date on when You can deliver on Your idea.  After you completed a finished product then post in This thread so the developer can review and decide to implement Your work into the Official Triangles streamline.  There is no need to find another space in the internet to decide any happenings about this coin except here in this Announcement forum.  Slack should be created for Community Workflow as to work on presenting a finished products Here.

I think Developer should work with the marketing team to beef up some of the outdated communication streams and avenues such as update on Announcement, Website, Block Explorer, maybe an overhaul on wallet (XBC has nifty open source code to examine for ideas) or talk stories with community here to let us know what you think about the cryptographics you like and don't like and maybe we find a way to make TRI even more of a monster then it is by using more of the community resources and seeing if there is a Win we can all agree on.  I very much appreciate your protection over the coin And the very Long warnings you give on any changes so even a cold storage burn out crypto-head like me has a chance to receive the heads-up and plan for the changes.

wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:21:35 PM

hey it's me, your beloved dev!   Wink

here are a few cents:

- i don't think the supply metrics need a change, they work fine. excellent even. it took TRI 3 years to double the outstanding supply. TRI has 33% PoS reward p.a. (great incentive to stake - that's what makes the coin interesting for most of you here from what i read) and supply is still below 100k. i can't see anything wrong here.
- i will continue to host the (new, if someone builds it) site, block explorer, faucet, whatever needs hosting. if things really move forward with TRI, i will also setup a modern block explorer to replace the ancient Abe. i might even spend a few bucks for a proper ssl certificate Wink
- TRI is not abandoned! i feel i have to reiterate that.

//wurstgelee

vella85

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 10:28:50 PM

Great to see everyone participating here on what should happen with Triangles. For me like I have said I'm not really fussed and we go with what ever happens here. Once the website is updated and everything else then Triangles can start to move forward at developing new things for the coin. I buy some Triangles every week so I do believe in the coin and dev even though it looked like nothing was going on here.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
wurstgelee

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:04:38 PM

i will update the ann sometimes this week (remove/update outdated info, upload a current bootstrap).

anything i should add?

resinball

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:03:51 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 12:56:02 AM by resinball

i will update the ann sometimes this week (remove/update outdated info, upload a current bootstrap).

anything i should add?

bootstrap- http://cryptochainer.com/dir/?page_id=365

brain wallet- https://github.com/bitbandi/UniversalWalletGenerator
Public address network version = 65

Exchange:
Cryptopia
Bitsquare Decentralized Exchange

Triangles lounge and tech help
https://discord.me/triangles

we should subtract bittrex and trider since cryptopia wasn't added to app.

btw i am happy to see BTCD and UNO reached $100 USD.  gives me much more hope for the future of TRI
TrianglesDev (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:17:47 AM

-done-
salary123

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:18:35 AM

New projects but very little information I get, have not been able to judge a good project or not. I am waiting for further information.
TrianglesDev (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:34:42 PM

New projects but very little information I get, have not been able to judge a good project or not. I am waiting for further information.

Launched in July 2014. New?
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:48:34 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 11:03:58 PM by CoinCollector006

anything i should add?

My feedback is actually for the website, but some of this material could be used for the ANN.

Team
CoinCollector006 - Slack moderator, special advisor
SwaveyMane - Discord admin, social media
robox - Discord admin, web development
vella85 - BCT moderator, evangelist
wurstgelee - Core Developer, website technology

I can add the html for the BCT profile links if you wish

Communication Channels
BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697634.0
Discord: https://discord.me/triangles
Slack: https://trianglesdev.slack.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TrianglesTRI

i will start working on a draft Triangles campaign signature that could be used by anyone wishing to wear one as I don't believe we have  dev fund for payment at this time.

Questions
1, Are there any digital artists that could create a Triangles Avatar?

2. Is there a FaceBook account for TRI? I have not seen one.

3. Also, who controls the Twitter account so we can coordinate the messaging and let the community know development is in progress?

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
vella85

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 01:03:47 AM

I'm so happy to see things moving along again in here even though it's just the small things but still it's great to see as it does show that Triangles has a working dev team willing to make this a good long term successful project. I also would like to see the Twitter account back up and tweeting again and I'll do everything I can on Twitter to help spread the news about Triangles. Twitter is a great source to spread the word about any coin.

cryptoburst61

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:44:03 AM

Good that dev team is now here working on triangles, i think that in time the price will again go over $10 when people see that the dev is back working again. i think soon that promotions should start to spread the word. i lucky i keep my triangles and not sell even when they go up to $16.
robox

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 09:04:32 PM

hey it's me, your beloved dev!   Wink

here are a few cents:

- i don't think the supply metrics need a change, they work fine. excellent even. it took TRI 3 years to double the outstanding supply. TRI has 33% PoS reward p.a. (great incentive to stake - that's what makes the coin interesting for most of you here from what i read) and supply is still below 100k. i can't see anything wrong here.
- i will continue to host the (new, if someone builds it) site, block explorer, faucet, whatever needs hosting. if things really move forward with TRI, i will also setup a modern block explorer to replace the ancient Abe. i might even spend a few bucks for a proper ssl certificate Wink
- TRI is not abandoned! i feel i have to reiterate that.

//wurstgelee

i fully agree with you 1000% we should not change the specs! no forks! just minor wallet interface updates would be great.. like taking off the links to bittrex.. unless they decide to re add us.. that would be great too!

we must not change what makes TRI so great in the first place.. no inflation no supply dilution!

hopefully we can do a community effort to reach out and get back on bittrex.. after all they are still hosting full nodes..

HODL and keep staking you know why!

do you like rare coins? check out http://unobtanium.uno/ and http://www.triangles.network please follow me on twitter @heyrobok.. join my discord server @ http://discord.me/triangles
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 11:42:54 AM

Code:
{
"version" : "v4.2.1.0",
"protocolversion" : 70204,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : x,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 66.87340300,
"blocks" : 796636,
"timeoffset" : -264,
"moneysupply" : 96644.77775200,
"connections" : 20,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "x.onion",
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 125.80864323,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00052003
},
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1487255038,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}

Of note is the current supply of "moneysupply" : 96644.77775200.

Big fan of TRI since launch. Ever since TRI's tor-routed messaging came active and Discord got popular I always thought it'd be amazing if the TRI wallet could be coded to include a fork of Discord or something similar, and basically be a replacement for Discord/Slack where you hold TRI to unlock features (100 to run a node for a room, 10 per additional channel in that room, user has to hold 10 per room they want to join).

twitter.com/notsofast
Aragorg

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies are awesome!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:45:53 PM

https://twitter.com/ShroommaNL/status/912462248559378432

Lets create exposure, shall we? xD

Just got myself some coins Smiley after creating the tweet  Roll Eyes

Greetings Aragorg

thorgalbtc

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:58:50 AM

Code:
{
},
}

Big fan of TRI since launch. Ever since TRI's tor-routed messaging came active and Discord got popular I always thought it'd be amazing if the TRI wallet could be coded to include a fork of Discord or something similar, and basically be a replacement for Discord/Slack where you hold TRI to unlock features (100 to run a node for a room, 10 per additional channel in that room, user has to hold 10 per room they want to join).

This my friend is a wonderful idee, :upvote:
cryptoburst61

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:19:18 AM

Code:
{
},
}

This my friend is a wonderful idee, :upvote:

i think it is good idea to, maybe now that dev is active he listen to people idea on triangles and this is a good idea. i see now much coin left to stake with 96k already stake so now only 24k left. i think i buy more so i can earn more stakes before it end. What happen when all coin are mined? we earn stakes still?
wurstgelee

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:32:13 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 02:01:10 PM by wurstgelee

short term roadmap:

get terribly wasted for a few days with mates on some island. use one of the hangovers to set up a new block explorer, thinking iquidus (https://github.com/iquidus/explorer) currently. any other suggestions and/or recommendations?

since updating the block explorer will require taking down the seednode temporarily on the go, here's a list of peers in case anyone needs to resync a wallet from scratch with no current peers.dat:

Code:

ubxidutptf2sslhq.onion:24112
q33s7nmomdch2d76.onion:24112
md7o6shvusceh2la.onion:24112
eg2ycimbu2uemuns.onion:24112
xq2fr2wbbkcyuupy.onion:24112
eddpnbqe5hnoqbfu.onion:24112
rf2azf5ghq2y2sgh.onion:24112
or5krsugeots3dxr.onion:24112
g2snqga4q5jyjlcq.onion:24112
anpgmtjilr5mab3n.onion:24112
i5qvt7xbiypsephb.onion:24112
3owjnffuiwwhmhbk.onion:24112
lzujj42s4pk3g7q4.onion:24112
yqk2zdyndbnsti2y.onion:24112

edit: the update will most likely happen somewhere between now and now+1w.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: