Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:59:38 PM

ccminer -a myr-gr -f 0.0039062500 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:12005 -u Name.worker -p x

That worked.. So why the number  0.0039062500 ?? I don't even understand it lol How did you come up with that number ?

1/256

Not your keys, not your coins!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stein

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:02:00 PM

Yeah you guys are definitely magicians... Thank You for the help!  Smiley
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:11:12 PM

Yeah you guys are definitely magicians... Thank You for the help!  Smiley

you are welcome!
still wondering why they chose to use different diff settings on some coins.... :-/

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:08:54 PM

PROS AND CONS OF LINUX--

With linux you loose 20-30% of your profit because you cannot run the fastest x86 private miners. You cannot run claymores decred+etherum miner. You cannot overclock.(Perhaps if you mess with the Cool bits). The 64bit build is using more power.

Actually, you can OC, change voltage, and more quickly and simply do your OWN dev on *nix. Just because YOU can't learn how to flash your cards doesn't mean no one can.

You shouldn't need to flash your cards in the first place. Once again Nix making things immensely more complicated so you can get so called 'stability' and brag about not rebooting your machine in three years.

Windows isn't perfect, but going to nix is like using Windows 3.11. Almost everything you have to do in the CLI and occasionally you use the UI to pretend you're modern.

Nope, it's not, actually. It's far more flexible and usable than you think - and the only reason you DO have to flash your cards is because the driver devs can't be fucked to add proper support. And it's closed, so no one else can.

You sure love talking about shit you know nothing about.

Yeah, woop dee do... You can literally do anything in it. That doesn't mean it's worth your time to try to do anything in it. That was my point. Just like with W3.11, your productivity tanks because you spend most of your time tinkering around with your OS and doing things it should be doing for you...

Yeah, I wonder why driver developers also see very little reason to add proper support outside render farms because literally no one uses it except for corporations who hire people who essentially have degrees in it.

I do love talking about shit I know plenty about. Sorry if your up turned nose can't be bothered looking at things from the common pleb perspective.

It's not that much diferent on Windows. Anything you can do with a GUI you can do better with the CLI, even on Windows.
It's just that Windows has put more focus on GUIs because of the demographic they market to.

With Windows you can fix your OS almost entirely with the UI. Sometimes you have to do really specialized things and dig through the registry or use a CLI parameter to make things work, but almost all of the time you can putter around the OS and fix things. Most of the time the OS and the UI itself is intuitive enough where you can learn from it.

With nix that doesn't exist. Almost nothing advanced you can change from inside the UI and most of the time if anything breaks you have to go right to the command line. Doing so also means you need to know exact commands to make things work and the OS doesn't offer much in the way of ways to help you to figure things out. So you have to spend 90% of your time on google or talking to dick holes on a support forum somewhere which will make sure to point out how superior nix is to everything else and drag you through the mud before telling you what you want to hear.

It's no surprise there are degrees specifically for use of nix and normal people don't touch it with a 10ft pole.

It's not about a pleb perspective - it's about you having seriously no knowledge nor experience of that which you speak, and running your mouth off - someone who had actually learned, you know, ANYTHING about it, and made an effort, and then came back and said why they had issues would be one thing. You are simply a lazy, entitled dimwit who believes everything should be done for him.

Yup, no knowledge or experience running your mouth off... kinda like mentioning that I'm lazy and entitled when I've bought miners and have talked about distributions methods that will happily accommodate both miners and developers... that you've actually participated in.

So what do you call it when someone basically lies to someone they had a conversation with prior just to try and make a point?

The whole reason I can say what I am is because I've had experience with nix. Not everyone that uses nix thinks it's the end all, be all operating system(s) that is better then all others. And obviously windows sucks after using it.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:36:45 PM

I've had this kind of discussion (win vs linux) for 20 years. What I've learned is that they lead nowhere. Windows people will keep saying their OS is better because they have paid for it and because they are unable to use linux. On the other end, the world is full of selfish nerds that use linux and are very close minded.
No reference to anybody here.
You simply gotta get the best of the two worlds, and stop complaining.

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 08:45:12 PM

It's kind of like the iOS vs Android vs Windows Phone discussion.. same thing :p (Although that Windows Phone kind of sucks <-- haha)

Everyone has his own personal opinion about that, same goes for Windows, *nix and MacOS(yeah yeah based on unix..).

Whatever suits you and makes you happy.

I use all three of them, Windows @ work, Linux for some of my miners and MacOS at home.

Same for Android and iOS, Android at work and iOS at home Smiley

They all have something i like.  Cool

As pallas said, get the best out of it and stop complaining.

Stein

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:50:49 AM

So as you could tell, I am new to mining.
I have a question

When I goto a pool it sometimes gives me a choice of difficulty. I didn't/don't know really what that means
I have a single GTX 970

from what I gathered on the web if I am hashing at say 5,000 MH/s I should put d=8 in my password field? Is that correct ?

Code:
Worker's speed       Difficulty
<500 Mhash/s         1
500-1000 Mhash/s     2
1000-2000 Mhash/s    4
2000-4000 Mhash/s    8
4000-10000 Mhash/s   16
10000-40000 Mhash/s  32
>40000 Mhash/s       64

How do I enter that in my password field when I have a password ? Like -u Name.worker -p password,d=8 ? (Like that?)
Like right now I am using dmd-gr and it says I am hashing at 13,600 kH/s
How does this correlate with the -f line ? Is there a guide that really goes into detail about what all the settings mean and do ?

Thanks from a newb miner
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:22:23 AM

I have a question

When I goto a pool it sometimes gives me a choice of difficulty. I didn't/don't know really what that means
I have a single GTX 970

from what I gathered on the web if I am hashing at say 5,000 MH/s I should put d=8 in my password field? Is that correct ?

Code:
<500 Mhash/s         1
500-1000 Mhash/s     2
1000-2000 Mhash/s    4
2000-4000 Mhash/s    8
4000-10000 Mhash/s   16
10000-40000 Mhash/s  32
>40000 Mhash/s       64

How do I enter that in my password field when I have a password ? Like -u Name.worker -p password,d=8 ? (Like that?)
How does this correlate with the -f line ? Is there a guide that really goes into detail about what all the settings mean and do ?

Thanks from a newb miner

Don't worry about it unless you are having problems like rejects. Most of the time the pool will adjust the diff
so you get a reasonable share submission rate. It is only occasionally that setting the diff manually, as you
described, is necessary.

Diff has nothing to do with hashrate, I don't know where you got that info.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 01:37:04 AM

I have a question

I have a single GTX 970

Code:
<500 Mhash/s         1
500-1000 Mhash/s     2
1000-2000 Mhash/s    4
2000-4000 Mhash/s    8
4000-10000 Mhash/s   16
10000-40000 Mhash/s  32
>40000 Mhash/s       64

Thanks from a newb miner

Don't worry about it unless you are having problems like rejects. Most of the time the pool will adjust the diff
so you get a reasonable share submission rate. It is only occasionally that setting the diff manually, as you
described, is necessary.

Diff has nothing to do with hashrate, I don't know where you got that info.

exactly ...

some pools refuse to have any part in accepting shares - if the diff is under ( like yiimp under diff 1 with decred for example ) ... im sure epsylon3 can chime in if he wants to to explain furtehr also ...

the other thing is the diff matters with pools like when we were mining vertcoin ( lyra2v2 ) - and the massive difference you get when pushing the wrong diff on the miners side ... what a headache that was / still is ...

like joblo mentioned - it really is about rejected shares from a miners point of view ... not much else ...

damn i miss this - i cant wait to get thefarm back up and running ... building it bigger and better Wink ...

btw joblo - i sent a pm to you earlier ... you can ignore it mate ...

tanx ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:49:35 AM

I've had this kind of discussion (win vs linux) for 20 years. What I've learned is that they lead nowhere. Windows people will keep saying their OS is better because they have paid for it and because they are unable to use linux. On the other end, the world is full of selfish nerds that use linux and are very close minded.

Why would someone say their OS is better because it's not free? Also why would someone say something is better having not even tried the other?

I like free things, I also have used nix. Nix is extremely cryptic. Anything remotely advanced you do in it, you have to use the CLI for... much like Win 3.11. There is just a nice looking UI layered on top of that is borderline worthless other then just running a web browser and maybe some productivity software like document editors and such. If you don't know what you're doing in the CLI or can't find the commands to do what you want to do online you're screwed.

It's not even about the raw "which is better" argument - they're each better at different things. The point is that Bensam goes and talks shit about an OS - and almost every point he makes has ZERO support. Why? Because he knows not a goddamned thing about it, but he wants to trash it. Then the dipshit asserts he's not lazy and entitled because he TALKS about distribution methods... which because he also has jack shit for knowledge of development or sales, his ideas are equally fucking stupid and/or unworkable.

I guess usability and the ability to navigate and repair a OS for someone who doesn't have four years experience and a degree isn't a point. Just because you selectively read my posts doesn't mean I don't make points...

lol... yup a miner fee is unworkable and/or stupid. Also don't have a four year degree... Hey... Claymore, how's your miner working out now that you have virtually every Decred and Ethereum AMD miner on board? Oh yeah... why would he say anything when he's funneling 1% of all Eth and 1% of all Dcr mining into his pocket?

You're a dumbass Wolf0. Anytime you're wrong you bury your head between your legs and start licking your nuts until you can insult the other person enough they don't talk to you anymore... or you just say things that are outright a lie or untrue. That's being said lightly. How often do I throw insults around in a argument? How often do I make points without belittling the other person? It's not hard to get pissed off, show lack of control, or throw insults around. It's hilarious that some people think they're on the winning side because they can throw a tantrum.

Hey look... more points I don't make.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:12:06 AM

Why would someone say their OS is better because it's not free? Also why would someone say something is better having not even tried the other?

1) because they paid for it and want to show others they did not waste their money.
2) it happens everytime: people like to talk about things they don't know about, and they want to do things they don't know how to do. learning is too tiring for most people.

I like free things, I also have used nix. Nix is extremely cryptic. Anything remotely advanced you do in it, you have to use the CLI for... much like Win 3.11. There is just a nice looking UI layered on top of that is borderline worthless other then just running a web browser and maybe some productivity software like document editors and such. If you don't know what you're doing in the CLI or can't find the commands to do what you want to do online you're screwed.

if you took the time to learn CLI, you would know that it's a fast and powerful tool, much more useful than the GUI.
the GUI is for people who don't want to take the time to learn.
and the tools and documentation to learn the CLI are everywhere: man, info, tutorials, guides, FAQs, Q&A sites like stackoverflow...
take some weeks to learn the CLI and save months of time fighting with the limitations of the GUI!

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:34:52 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 01:18:49 PM by tbearhere

wich driver are you using? You can disable the windows notification in the registry, so that the program just crash and end without a dialog.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-program-has-stopped-working-error-dialog-in-windows-server-2008/
This may eliminate a small part of the problem but it's not the answer because a reboot is required sometimes ..not all times because I get... the drivers have recovered.... sometimes. Undecided
But I'm doing this now.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:38:53 PM

problem is this commented line in neoscrypt.cu:

//      cudaSetDeviceFlags(cudaDeviceScheduleBlockingSync);

remove the comment and your cpu usage will drop :-)
hashrate will also lower just a little bit.

Thanks, will give it a try but for now I can't compile (killed my windows SDK somehow).

WHEN THAT CRASH REPORT COMES UP... I WONDER HOW TO GET AROUND THAT ALL IT NEEDS I TO CLOSE THEN IT WILL MINE AUTOMATICALLY

You can disable error reporting as a whole but that means you don't get any errors so what I do isntead is killing the task creating the error message periodically while mining:

The name of the process is werfault so create a bat and let it run in the background:

_werfault-kill.bat
Code:
:start
title werfault-kill
cls
timeout -t 3
taskkill -t -f /im werf*
goto start

And of course then you have to run your ccminer in a loop so it restarts.

I haven't had to use this since cudaminer though.
Ok thx
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:48:03 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 01:20:34 PM by tbearhere

SP ok lets start over ok try one thing at a time.  Smiley

I got them somewhat stabilized.

Here is what I need to know... do you have --cpu-priority in the build and if so what level?
I think --cpu-priority 0  may work and solve the problem .. but what do you have sp5 private  set at if you have that in there?
Or the thread count.
It looks like I need to take the demand off the cpu... like in Cuda off load everything to the gpu or something.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:10:50 PM

Here is what I need to know... do you have --cpu-priority in the build and if so what level?
I think --cpu-priority 0  may work and solve the problem .. but what do you have sp5 private  set at if you have that in there?
Or the thread count.
It looks like I need to take the demand off the cpu... like in Cuda off load everything to the gpu or something.

You can always use Start to override the built in cpu parameters, for example:

start /HIGH ccminer.exe -....

You can also add /AFFINITY

Careful if you use a loop with start though because start does not wait for ccminer to finish so in a loop you're essentially starting dozens of ccminer instances in a few seconds which will crash your PC.

And if you just want to check the priority or the affinity (even without using start) you can just check it in task manager.

Not your keys, not your coins!
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:31:36 PM

Or the thread count.
It looks like I need to take the demand off the cpu... like in Cudaminer off load everything to the gpu or something.

You can always use Start to override the built in cpu parameters, for example:

start /HIGH ccminer.exe -....

You can also add /AFFINITY

Careful if you use a loop with start though because start does not wait for ccminer to finish so in a loop you're essentially starting dozens of ccminer instances in a few seconds which will crash your PC.

And if you just want to check the priority or the affinity (even without using start) you can just check it in task manager.
Thx.....bathrobehero he may have them set very high so I hope --cpu-priority 0 will help.
And I can't compile right now.
I got hit with so many things at one time.... right now the pool I was mining at seems to have done something ... part maybe the pool but right now I'm 100% stock... no oc'ing nothing and no crashes so far. Now to try oc'ing after I try --cpu-priority 0 and then I'll remove the crash reporter.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:23:47 PM

I think sp5 private has a buffer overflow.
--cpu-priority 0 will not fix the problem.
Go claymore.....

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 07:31:12 PM

I think sp5 private has a buffer overflow.
--cpu-priority 0 will not fix the problem.
Go claymore.....

DOES NOT VALIDATE ON CPU--

I mine NeoScrypt with #5.  I get continual "Does Not Validate on CPU" errors.  On my GTX 960, I get 405KH/s with a general workload on the computer.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:34:59 PM

DOES NOT VALIDATE ON CPU--

The CPU can't validate a shit.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:43:31 PM

Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: