Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:31:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:14:04 PM

http://askmona.org/4314

Yeah, I know. But Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin's ccminer 1.7.6 is faster than nicehash one.
There are his ccminer binary and source.
Current version is 1.7.6-r5,and current source version is ccminer-windows 1.7.6-r5.
1.7.6-r5-fix is for Kepler and Fermi. Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin's ccminer 1.5.80-r10 is here too.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHk1hss4HZtCU60&id=C7ABE390AB1575E7%21825&cid=C7ABE390AB1575E7
This ccminer needs the lastest NVIDIA GeForce drivers.

Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin BTC: 1P2SbHB5DaGPymu9C8WQCsEbnrw3dEWcDe
please donate.
Whats the difference between 1580r10 and 176r5 ?
Is there way to read about changes between versions?

For starters I presume one is based off SP the other TPruvot. I would also guess they are similarly optimized rfrom different bases.

This is great news considering SP is burned out.

A big thank you to Nanashi San and Nicehash.

I agree with Nicehash's disappointment with SP trying to sell free code. It is also technically a violation of the GPL
to sell tainted code without the source. Adding another 10% to a 100% free speedup then charging for it is pure and
simple greed.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:54:13 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2016, 04:08:32 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

A lot of people do not know how to compile from source and SP_ does offer a useful service to many small miners.

Secondly, he was the main coder for the spreadcoin Nvidia miner.

Thirdly, SP_ added a degree of competition, which helps to develop better coding mining software, which has consistently caused much better mining software on Nvidia GPU's.

Look at the situation on AMD GPU's.

The big farms, who hire coders have huge advantages over the official sgminer coding. Consequently, the people most likely to mine and hold those coins are put off.

This depresses the Alt Coin prices, because it takes many years to develop a successful Crypto currency and you need to have many wallet holders to popularise an Alt Coin.

Does it really matter that much, that SP_ made some BTC when BTC was at a very low Fiat Currency price, he sold compiled Window versions of the software to people who cannot compile from source, he developed the original mining software for many algos and when he get's drunk on this thread his posts are really funny.

Remember, he sold this software when BTC was £160 per coin in 2015 e.g. £16 for windows complied version of ccminer, which then got another 3-9 releases over the next year.

To be fair: I can spend £16 in one weekend on one bottle of Southern Comfort.

Now, it looks a little steep, because BTC is £400 a coin.

The only reason SP_ sales have down recently, is because he didn't cut his BTC price, when the BTC doubled from £160 to £400 over the last 16 months.

I think, everyone is being way to harsh on SP_, because he has all of these people on this thread asking him for more software releases on a daily basis.

liquidproman

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:56:10 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2016, 03:37:01 PM by liquidproman

http://askmona.org/4314

Yeah, I know. But Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin's ccminer 1.7.6 is faster than nicehash one.
There are his ccminer binary and source.
Current version is 1.7.6-r5,and current source version is ccminer-windows 1.7.6-r5.
1.7.6-r5-fix is for Kepler and Fermi. Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin's ccminer 1.5.80-r10 is here too.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHk1hss4HZtCU60&id=C7ABE390AB1575E7%21825&cid=C7ABE390AB1575E7
This ccminer needs the latest NVIDIA GeForce drivers.

Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin BTC: 1P2SbHB5DaGPymu9C8WQCsEbnrw3dEWcDe
please donate.
Whats the difference between 1580r10 and 176r5 ?
Is there way to read about changes between versions?

If you know about changes, Please read http://askmona.org/4314.

Summary of 1.7.6-r5
  • Support for Pascal, Kepler, and Fermi GPUs
  • Optimized for Kepler and Fermi GPUs
  • Support solo mining Monacoin
  • Faster Cubehash
  • Bugfix
  • And so on...
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:24:26 PM

Does it really matter that much, that SP_ made some BTC when BTC was at a very low price Fiat Currency price, he sold compiled Window versions of the software to people who cannot compile from source, he develop original mining software for many algos and when he get's drunk on this thread his post are a really funny.

NO. What matters is he is selling binaries built from open source without publishing the source code, in violation of the GPL.
It would be a violation even if he was not charging for the binaries, but withholding the source code is a deliberate attempt
to keep his changes closed. Providing only binaries is not a service it is a restriction. With the exception of Spreadx11 he did
not develop many algos, he simply optimized them. Many of the optimizations he takes credit for were produced by other developpers.
He did a lot of good work and as long as he was keeping it open it didn't matter that he was taking more credit than he
deserved. It was only after he started trying to profit from other's work without publishing his code that people started
complaining.

And the latest stunt with Nicehash Miner is a perfect example.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:47:49 PM

Does it really matter that much, that SP_ made some BTC when BTC was at a very low price Fiat Currency price, he sold compiled Window versions of the software to people who cannot compile from source, he develop original mining software for many algos and when he get's drunk on this thread his post are a really funny.
NO. What matters is he is selling binaries built from open source without publishing the source code, in violation of the GPL.
It would be a violation even if he was not charging for the binaries, but withholding the source code is a deliberate attempt
to keep his changes closed. Providing only binaries is not a service it is a restriction. With the exception of Spreadx11 he did
not develop many algos, he simply optimized them. Many of the optimizations he takes credit for were produced by other developpers.
He did a lot of good work and as long as he was keeping it open it didn't matter that he was taking more credit than he
deserved. It was only after he started trying to profit from other's work without publishing his code that people started
complaining.
And the latest stunt with Nicehash Miner is a perfect example.

I am not selling anything. I gave away a faster lyra2v2 kernal  for free to my donators.
The 980ti is doing 40MHASH with this kernal. The sp-mod #6 it did 17MHASH. That is a +135% increase on the same clocks.

The Nichash opensource is +100%. When you opensource something you should expect that somebody else fork and optimize your work. If not you should spread the binary..

35% more money if you use my modded kernal. 0.1 BTC is nothing for some of you.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:54:34 PM

you should put it in your public github repo and make a new public release.

I will do it for 0.1BTC. Put the slow japanese (?) kernal into the free opensource official release. What do you say nicehash?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

I am not selling anything. I gave away a faster lyra2v2 kernal  for free to my donators.

Semantics

The Nichash opensource is +100%. When you opensource something you should expect that somebody else fork and optimize your work.

Correct.

If not you should spread the binary..

That's where you're wrong. If you used open source to build your binary you must publish all the source used.
It doesn't matter if your charge for the binary or distribute it only to donators or give it away free, if it contains
open source code then any code you add is also open source and must be published.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:09:06 PM

That's where you're wrong. If you used open source to build your binary you must publish all the source used.
It doesn't matter if your charge for the binary or distribute it only to donators or give it away free, if it contains
open source code then any code you add is also open source and must be published.

And if I have written my own compiler, do I need to publish the compiler too?

Dickhead.

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:15:02 PM

Semantics

The Nichash opensource is +100%. When you opensource something you should expect that somebody else fork and optimize your work.

Correct.

If not you should spread the binary..

What you are saying is ridiculous, because no-one would ever improve any piece of opensource software or offer their improvements to people who do not code or have the time to learn to code.

Then, Nvidia users would be stuck with rubbish versions of mining software, like what has happened with SGminer for AMD GPU owners.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 04:18:25 PM

I will do it for 0.1BTC. Put the slow japanese (?) kernal into the free opensource official release. What do you say nicehash?

STOP BASHING SP_ --

For some spare change, sp_ has done good code work  It could use some careful editing, but I am mining with a faster miner.

What I would like to see:

1) Finish the univeral miner and release it.

2) Finish the dual Ethminer and release it.

3) Release the private Ethminer!

If any code must be released, sp_ is allowed to charge a fee, hobby-sized, in order to keep up with expenses and fund further development.  Other devs are selling code to farms for big fees, and releasing nothing.  I am guessing that they started with public code.  These devs are not in the public forums, but they deserve the criticism that sp_ is getting.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:42:07 PM

STOP BASHING SP_ --

For some spare change, sp_ has done good code work  It could use some careful editing, but I am mining with a faster miner.

What I would like to see:

1) Finish the univeral miner and release it.

2) Finish the dual Ethminer and release it.

3) Release the private Ethminer!

If any code must be released, sp_ is allowed to charge a fee, hobby-sized, in order to keep up with expenses and fund further development.  Other devs are selling code to farms for big fees, and releasing nothing.  I am guessing that they started with public code.  These devs are not in the public forums, but they deserve the criticism that sp_ is getting.

--scryptr

I agree.

Look at Gensis Mining?

Their coders wrote a Ethereum program called Enigma, which gives a significant boost to hash output - no-one is hate posting on their thread for them to opensource Enigma.

They've kept is completely secret; you can bet there are pieces of opensource coding in it.

SP_ was getting £16 donations in 2015, for a windows compiled version of ccminer, with tweaks and optimisations for small miners who cannot code and cannot compile from source.

People are being way to harsh on this thread to SP_

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:58:15 PM

Look at Gensis Mining?

Their coders wrote a Ethereum program called Enigma, which gives a significant boost to hash output - no-one is hate posting on their thread for them to opensource Enigma.

They've kept is completely secret; you can bet there are pieces of opensource coding in it.

SP_ was getting £16 donations in 2015, for a windows compiled version of ccminer, with tweaks and optimisations for small miners who cannot code and cannot compile from source.

You are completely missing the point. Your example is the right way to do it. Presumably they did not use any open source,
Their code is all proprietary so they are not obliged to publish it.

SP is using open source code made by others adding a little bit of his own then not publishing the source.

It has nothing to do with charging for it, it's all about how you use someone else's code in your product. See the difference?

ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:07:53 PM

Look at Gensis Mining?

You are completely missing the point. Your example is the right way to do it. Presumably they did not use any open source,

SP is using open source code made by others adding a little bit of his own then not publishing the source.

It has nothing to do with charging for it, it's all about how you use someone else's code in your product. See the difference?
I believe Probability (Genesis program doesn't use GPL code) < 0.01
Of course I can't prove it.
On the other hand, since they don't sell it and use "privately", I think they can do this
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:10:33 PM

Look at Gensis Mining?

You are right about the license.
But others have a point with sp_ having really helped small miners to stay onboard.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:25:32 PM

But others have a point with sp_ having really helped small miners to stay onboard.

That was in the past, and I recognize that. The problems started when he stopped publishing his changes to open
source code. And if you look deeper many of the optimizations in his fork were developped by others as open source
yet I don't see him kicking back any of his "donations" to them.

Greed seems to be his current motivation but he's still not satisfied so he's quitting. That doesn't help anyone.

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 06:08:13 PM

That was in the past, and I recognize that. The problems started when he stopped publishing his changes to open
source code. And if you look deeper many of the optimizations in his fork were developped by others as open source

Greed seems to be his current motivation but he's still not satisfied so he's quitting. That doesn't help anyone.

PUBLISH ON REQUEST WITH A FEE--

He does not have to toss his code to the digital waves.  He is allowed to ask for a fee for the code, and to publish only on request.

He can charge for a binary, and charge another fee for the code, on request.  That allows for a delay in release of the code, to prevent instant cloning of his work.  He does do assembly modifications to existing code.  That is his "art".

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:11:01 PM

And if I have written my own compiler, do I need to publish the compiler too?

No, if you've written it all by yourself and never used any GPL code.

Your own github has a GPL licence for ccminer -- https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/blob/0182a9d5e2218dcdcf5d57bc4fd88cfe50061b5a/LICENSE.txt#L245

And you admit it is forked -- https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/blob/d59bcd4587c320cfa175f9821bddb436e27e60b2/README.md#ccminer

Unfortunately, legal side isn't on your side.

Fortunately, nobody can de-anonymize you here, so you're good.

And honestly no one really cares except a couple butt hurt coders. If he was selling exactly the same thing without changing it people might raise their pitchforks, but his work is faster.

Anytime anyone does anything that goes against the grind of a handful of big miners getting their hands on really good miners (like with AMD) a couple coders and nameless plebs come in here and try to shit on things so it stops. You can bet some of the naysayers are getting fed from somewhere. If only you could follow the money trail.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:19:44 PM

Surely, you are not going to make this ridiculous argument about SP_, this is the not greedy by any sense of word "Greed" when it comes to Crypto.

There people, who go onto Alt Coins Thread, in groups posting stuff like "This Coin is Dead" and try to get dumps going on coins, so they can buy them up on cheap after selling their coins at the top of a pump. That, is what word "Greed" can be accurately applied too.

Get real, no-one can ever say, what SP_ has done is "Greed", he made a small margin profit on doing some research and lots of coding work.

I know you are able to do research, coding and compiling yourself; you don't need SP_ services. Most of us, would rather pay a small fee to have better mining software.

But, don't pretend this some big issue, it is small margin profit, when compared to bots and inside line on trades and other nefarious methods seen.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:36:08 PM

Surely, you are not going to make this ridiculous argument about SP_, this is the not greedy by any sense of word "Greed" when it comes to Crypto.

There people, who go onto Alt Coins Thread, in groups posting stuff like "This Coin is Dead" and try to get dumps going on coins, so they can buy them up on cheap after selling their coins at the top of a pump. That, is what word "Greed" can be accurately applied too.

Get real, no-one can ever say, what SP_ has done is "Greed", he made a small margin profit on doing some research and lots of coding work.

I know you are able to do research, coding and compiling yourself; you don't need SP_ services. Most of us, would rather pay a small fee to have better mining software.

But, don't pretend this some big issue, it is small margin profit, when compared to bots and inside line on trades and other nefarious methods seen.

Can we just help small miners not to fall far behind ? I'll allways give my 0.1 BTC for that, one way or another.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:45:30 PM

PUBLISH ON REQUEST WITH A FEE--

He does not have to toss his code to the digital waves.  He is allowed to ask for a fee for the code, and to publish only on request.

He can charge for a binary, and charge another fee for the code, on request.  That allows for a delay in release of the code, to prevent instant cloning of his work.  He does do assembly modifications to existing code.  That is his "art".

--scryptr

He was asked by a major donor who doesn't use Windows and refused.

Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: