Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:53:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347503 times)
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:45:43 PM

Does anyone know how the TDP reduction works on the new cards?
On the GTX1070 works fantastically well. (at least in linux)

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:51:09 PM

Hello
Sorry for keep hammering this but I can't make CUDA work with the GTX 1070.

I was able to mine using OpenCL with ethminer (-G (opencl)) but with (-U (cuda)) no luck, with ccminer i have the exact same error.

Driver is 367.35, CUDA 8 installed.
nvidia --version reports cuda 8
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to cuda 8

The driver is working otherwise it would be impossible to mine with OpenCL which i am doing now.

the error still is the same:
CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version

any idea what can cause this?, anyone has found this issue?
running xubuntu 14.04 x64.
thanks!
indkt

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:57:18 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 06:33:48 PM by mirny

Hello

I was able to mine using OpenCL with ethminer (-G (opencl)) but with (-U (cuda)) no luck, with ccminer i have the exact same error.

The driver is working otherwise it would be impossible to mine with OpenCL which i am doing now.

thanks!
indkt

All I can say is that, I'm running running fine both, ethminer and ccminer with 367.27 drivers and CUDA8.
Your problem is really strange. Maybe try to install this driver, and when you compiling try to point straight to cuda8 directory.

This is my signature...
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:58:22 PM

Hello

thanks!
indkt

A few of your previous comments come to mind:

Hi
The driver IS working properly, I also had parts of older drivers 349 and 352, that i had to weed out  Grin
i can see the card specific status, i can set power target limit.
i installed using repositories (ppa:graphics-drivers) so far it seems to be the only way to install from repo, since the driver is in beta.
also to get cuda 8 i had to register as a developer in nvidia  Shocked
it seems that this driver requires CUDA 8, I thought that maybe i can test first with cuda 7.5 and then install cuda 8 and see the difference, but no, this driver requires cuda 8 to work, so right now i'm installing it (it takes like an hour or so install it on a flash drive) I'll post results later

It seems very unusual that a new driver would break compatibility with all currently released cuda versions. The error message
contradicts this stating the driver doesn't yet support cuda 8.

This combined with your comment about parts of old drivers being present suggests some of those old parts are still present and
still in use. An "insufficnet driver for cuda version" is likely caused by an old driver with a new cuda.

I don't know how you got multiple driver versions installed but that may provide a clue how to fix it

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:12:35 PM

Not sure why this would be any different in Windows...

BTW glad Nix never has any problems... Tongue

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Vegetablepin

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:55:00 AM

Not sure why this would be any different in Windows...

BTW glad Nix never has any problems... Tongue

I have a watt meter so i can see that it works well. I was wondering what exactly it is doing. Automatically optimizing voltages for memory? I see that the core clock goes down quite a bit.

Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 02:38:37 AM

I think its internal throttling, some pauses between ops, but i'm not sure

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:20:54 AM

Welp... Lbry is just about burnt out. Contemplating going back to Ethereum. Not sure where that promised '1070 Windows fix' is on the 2nd, but it's the 3rd and it's still not here... Once again why I don't listen to Amph.

Hopefully we can figure something about before Lbry fizzles out.

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:42:04 AM

Very bad today , with 4x gtx 1070 and 1 ghs power  Sad :
[...]

All pools have good days and bad days. Some do seem to have more bad days than most, but that is definitely not the case for Yiimp! My personal experience on Yiimp, is that it performs much better than most other pools that support the same coins.

Deposit stats are the worst place to look for your recent mining performance though. You should look at the pool stats instead.
What if the pool had some downtime? What if you had some internet issues? What if your rig has a couple of crashed cards? Note, I'm not saying that one of these was the case for the past 24h, just that looking at exchange deposits is really the worst way to go about measuring performance...

Cheers!

Yeah, that was up till a day ago. Now it seems to be doing perpetually bad and isn't showing any sign of improving. I think I'll be moving my hashrate off. When you have 10% network hashrate, things usually balance out. Should be earning about 30% more then it is.

BTW Suprnova's pool luck is at ~75% and Coinmines is at 75%. That either means Yiimp is having a reallllllly bad day due to the amount of hashrate it has or something is broken on the pool. Either way, 36 hours is too long to be losing out on 30% of my hashrate.
You're a fucking idiot. If anything you'd jump on a pool with bad luck because it's "due" for a correction. Seriously if you can't tell the difference between bad luck and a pool operator robbing you it's time to find a new hobby

And you're a idiot if you believe that RNG will go the opposite direction in some extreme form because it has a 'correction' coming. RNG is RNG, if a pool is doing bad, it doesn't mean it'll do really good after it. There is no order to 'luck'.

Also you know absolutely nothing about statistics, in this case the law of large numbers. More data points minimizes variance. I pointed out two possible causes, one is possible skimming, the other was the pool was having issues. One more possible then the other as I pointed out in later posts, which you didn't even bother reading before quoting a post from two days ago.

If you're going to act like a douche at least use a bit of logic, a bit of research about what you're talking about, and points to back up what you're saying. Now go excuse yourself and remove your foot from your mouth. <3
hey internet tough guy, don't get your panties in a bunch. I was basically insulting you with the gamblers fallacy it's "due" because you just start accusing a trusted member that you wouldn't even be able to mine if he didn't contribute to the community of being a theif with absolutely zero supporting evidence. Bad luck isn't evidence of anything besides bad luck.
Anyway noobs were getting to me that day so seeing what I saw as an insulting post to epsolyn by someone who contributes nothing but asks for everything I kinda snapped, normally would have ignored your whiny posts like usual. See bro we're cool  Cool

Epsylon3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 06:54:33 AM

i dont think it was for me, right bensam ? :p but yep your affirmations had no sense.... can be understood differently by each person Wink

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:34:24 AM

RIP Bitfinex...

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Epsylon3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 07:53:57 AM

and another one which bought a boat... with user's money. Personally i never used this exchange, not even linked in yiimp code ;p

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:59:15 AM

MCAP etherum: $789,507,931
MCAP etherum classic: $ 219,019,007

Miners are moving to etherum classic for more profit.
Etherum classic also have 50% more trades on the exchanges and the price is climbing.
ETC will never go POS, and it can become a goldmine for the miners for years to come.
Decentralized, and not controlled by any government, bill gates or the rest of the clowns.

Code is Law.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Epsylon3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 08:08:10 AM

$ 219,019,007.... of wind Wink isnt that the amount "lost" by bitfinex ?

if interrested by gas machines, you should focus on CETH Wink which could have some future

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:14:03 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 10:58:58 AM by Amph

Etherum classic also have 50% more trades on the exchanges and the price is climbing.
ETC will never go POS, and it can become a goldmine for the miners for years to come.
Decentralized, and not controlled by any government, bill gates or the rest of the clowns.

Code is Law.

this mean that asic will take it at some point, so not a good thing
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:45:44 AM

long live to eth clones, this will mean that nvidia users will live in a less crowded space Wink
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:15:45 PM

Very bad today , with 4x gtx 1070 and 1 ghs power  Sad :
[...]

All pools have good days and bad days. Some do seem to have more bad days than most, but that is definitely not the case for Yiimp! My personal experience on Yiimp, is that it performs much better than most other pools that support the same coins.

Deposit stats are the worst place to look for your recent mining performance though. You should look at the pool stats instead.
What if the pool had some downtime? What if you had some internet issues? What if your rig has a couple of crashed cards? Note, I'm not saying that one of these was the case for the past 24h, just that looking at exchange deposits is really the worst way to go about measuring performance...

Cheers!

Yeah, that was up till a day ago. Now it seems to be doing perpetually bad and isn't showing any sign of improving. I think I'll be moving my hashrate off. When you have 10% network hashrate, things usually balance out. Should be earning about 30% more then it is.

BTW Suprnova's pool luck is at ~75% and Coinmines is at 75%. That either means Yiimp is having a reallllllly bad day due to the amount of hashrate it has or something is broken on the pool. Either way, 36 hours is too long to be losing out on 30% of my hashrate.
You're a fucking idiot. If anything you'd jump on a pool with bad luck because it's "due" for a correction. Seriously if you can't tell the difference between bad luck and a pool operator robbing you it's time to find a new hobby

And you're a idiot if you believe that RNG will go the opposite direction in some extreme form because it has a 'correction' coming. RNG is RNG, if a pool is doing bad, it doesn't mean it'll do really good after it. There is no order to 'luck'.

Also you know absolutely nothing about statistics, in this case the law of large numbers. More data points minimizes variance. I pointed out two possible causes, one is possible skimming, the other was the pool was having issues. One more possible then the other as I pointed out in later posts, which you didn't even bother reading before quoting a post from two days ago.

If you're going to act like a douche at least use a bit of logic, a bit of research about what you're talking about, and points to back up what you're saying. Now go excuse yourself and remove your foot from your mouth. <3
hey internet tough guy, don't get your panties in a bunch. I was basically insulting you with the gamblers fallacy it's "due" because you just start accusing a trusted member that you wouldn't even be able to mine if he didn't contribute to the community of being a theif with absolutely zero supporting evidence. Bad luck isn't evidence of anything besides bad luck.
Anyway noobs were getting to me that day so seeing what I saw as an insulting post to epsolyn by someone who contributes nothing but asks for everything I kinda snapped, normally would have ignored your whiny posts like usual. See bro we're cool  Cool

Internet tough guy? I think that should be directed at yourself dude. I didn't come into the thread all huffing and puffing about a post then get immediately disproven and put out on the curb.

Once again, because you lack reader comprehension skills, for the third time, I suggested two different things could be happening, skimming, or more then likely pool issues... Which I suggested more so in later posts, once again which you didn't take any time to read. We even joked about the skimming...

Describing a fallacy isn't a insult, especially when we're discussing statistics. I don't even know why this would come up. I've mentioned numerous times that there is a lot of hashrate at Yiimp. It would be different if there were like 1-3% of the network hashrate there or even lower.

"Bad luck isn't evidence of anything besides bad luck."

You have no idea how stats work.

Contributing nothing? You once again have no idea what you're talking about and assume that I haven't donated... which if you've kept track of this thread, is untrue. Also just by mining on Yiimp I'm paying in 1%... which you could figure out with some easy lojik skilz that ur two 1337 4.

You're a idiot, go crawl into whatever hole you came out.

Code is Law.

If they never actually go PoS, it'll probably actually garner larger interest. Right now the giant warning sign is ETH PoS... Support for ETC may actually hinge entirely on the fact that it's not going PoS. It still has a lot to climb before it reaches similiar prices of ETH. Also I'm pretty certain a lot of people don't know they can actually retrieve ETC coins if they had ETH coins when the fork happened. Once people start figuring that out I expect we'll see a lot more dumping.

All the other BS surrounding 'immutable' currency is just posturing and trying to make the coin seem more legitimate. It may even be being posed by the original DOW hackers.

In other news, a dual miner for ETH is very, very, very, much in demand for Nvidia...

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:04:30 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 02:33:47 PM by sp_

OMG
(etherum classic) ETC has passed $3 per coin and is traded on a $ 131 087 000 volume today. Bitcoin's volume (24 hours) is $354 480 000   

10 days ago ETC was worth $0

$0-$250 million in just 10 days.. Must be the biggest rally in the bitcoin history for any new altcoin... Funds seems to be moved from Etherum to Etherum classic.

People are selling etherum (-30%) to make a gain in ETC. (+10000%)

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/08/01/the-great-digital-currency-debate-new-ethereum-vs-ethereum-classic/

grrrgrrr

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:05:13 PM

Code is Law.

What about that "mining bomb"? I heard there's a block time explosion in a year.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:16:03 PM

Code is Law.

What about that "mining bomb"? I heard there's a block time explosion in a year.

Nope, that is not true at all!

In January 2017, the dag file will go over 2GB in size.

All this means, any GPU with 2GB will not be able to mine ETH.

But, 290's, 390s, Fury, Nanos, 480s all ship with 4GB or of more memory as standard.

Hardly worth mentioning, unless you own a huge stack of AMD GPUs that are 270s or 370s.

Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: