Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 [893] 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347501 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:59:30 AM

hello everyone ,

nvidia volta appeared , and maybe we`ll see the new cards by christmas

i`m courious to see first mining rigs build on new arhitecture (nvlink vs pcie ) any thoughts ?

performance of v100 seems to be 4x gtx 1060 ...and that is on one single card Shocked

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3196026/components-graphics/nvidias-monstrous-volta-gpu-appears-packed-with-21-billion-transistors-and-5120-cores.html

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/volta-gpu-architecture/?ncid=van-volta-gpu-architecture

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-volta-gv100-gpu-tesla-v100-architecture-specifications-deep-dive/

That's on par with a year and a half to two year refresh cycle. Stuff like this usually comes out before desktop cards come out and it's scheduled for fall, so guessing we'll see cards early spring.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
grrrgrrr

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:54:29 AM

hello everyone ,

i`m courious to see first mining rigs build on new arhitecture (nvlink vs pcie ) any thoughts ?

performance of v100 seems to be 4x gtx 1060 ...and that is on one single card Shocked

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3196026/components-graphics/nvidias-monstrous-volta-gpu-appears-packed-with-21-billion-transistors-and-5120-cores.html

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/volta-gpu-architecture/?ncid=van-volta-gpu-architecture

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-volta-gv100-gpu-tesla-v100-architecture-specifications-deep-dive/

These cards are designed specifically for scientific computing. They have a cuda core that can do 4x4 matrix multiplication in 1 GPU cycle. The kind of optimization like Bitcoin mining ASICs.

So here's my question: how will GPU mining evolve? Currently any gaming card can mine reasonably well. But as Nvidia specializing their cards to deep learning and AMD specializing their cards to memory performance, it's become harder to democratize PoW mining. 4x4 matrix multiplication (or some future ISA innovations) could prove huge in some algos but a $15000 card is not something that common people will buy.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 02:10:25 AM

hello everyone ,

These cards are designed specifically for scientific computing. They have a cuda core that can do 4x4 matrix multiplication in 1 GPU cycle. The kind of optimization like Bitcoin mining ASICs.

So here's my question: how will GPU mining evolve? Currently any gaming card can mine reasonably well. But as Nvidia specializing their cards to deep learning and AMD specializing their cards to memory performance, it's become harder to democratize PoW mining. 4x4 matrix multiplication (or some future ISA innovations) could prove huge in some algos but a $15000 card is not something that common people will buy.

we are interested in these also ...

we have contacted nvidia - as well as a few infrastructure companies - and looking at designing a new breed of miner for thefarm ...

none of this will be cheap - and none of it for the 'everyday' miner ... until the desktop editions come out of course - and even then they will be very high end systems ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:38:11 AM

hello everyone ,

Same way ASICs work right now. Extremely specialized hardware that are only really good at a few things (almost never more then one algo), so similar. They'll probably be great in some algos with customized programming and trash in others, somewhat like the way FPGAs work right now. I don't anticipate these will change things that much.

The more interesting option is the desktop cards that will follow this as original post was talking about.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:29:53 AM

They have a cuda core that can do 4x4 matrix multiplication in 1 GPU cycle.

But few cryptocoin algos need fast matrix multiplications.. The only algos I can think of is M7 (cryptonite), primecoin, Nexus (prime solver) ..

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:38:02 PM

I am working on tvpruvot / DJezo's opensource Equihash kernel and managed to gain 9%. I am pretty sure my changes are different from excevator and ewfb.. I might opensource my work for free.. My mod works best with 4 threads pr gpu

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
du44

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:45:06 PM

I am working on tvpruvot's opensource Equihash kernel and managed to gain 9%. I am pretty sure my changes are different from excevator and ewfb.. I might opensource my work for free.. My mod works best with 4 threads pr gpu
That's good news. I like sp forks for the speed and what more important stability. Hope this kernel will be stable too

hello
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 10:53:01 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 01:09:36 AM by scryptr

I am working on tvpruvot / DJezo's opensource Equihash kernel and managed to gain 9%. I am pretty sure my changes are different from excevator and ewfb.. I might opensource my work for free.. My mod works best with 4 threads pr gpu

IF YOU KEEP IT OPEN SOURCE I WILL DONATE AGAIN--

Please keep the code open source.  The storm of nasty comments that fester up after each of your binary releases is too much for me to bear.  

A few new coders have already posted binaries, several had an "illegal memory error" that seemed similar.  Epsylon3's own version has a broken Jackpot Hashing Algorithm (JHA) that generates a similar error.  Whatever you release may be prone to this error on some users' systems.  Just a warning, because miners need stable software just as much as they want speed enhancement.       --scryptr

EDIT: Everyone who is interested in an enhanced, open source CCminer that mines Equihash should at least pledge a donation.  The CPU boost feature on sp_ 's CCminer can add up to 5% speed in adition to any assembly code improvements.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
mrada1204

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:33:22 AM

any link for download ?
couldn`t find it on github
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:38:18 AM

any link for download ?
couldn`t find it on github

It's not done yet.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:00:48 AM

yeah make it open source, i don't think you need peanuts of 0.05 from random dude that will resell it to another random dude, you have your farm that will cover everything
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:30:28 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 11:40:52 AM by bensam1231

Everyone wants shit for free. People bitch and moan so it's 'free'. Don't be afraid to charge for your work. Real support doesn't come from people who only give you kind words so they get free things.

SP I'm going to once again suggest using a dev fee as I did multiple times. Even in work that uses other peoples work you can have a dev fee, the source just needs to be provided. At 2% there aren't many people that are going to go out of their way to remove it, especially with readily available binaries. OR add it as a option that's enabled by default and can be disabled with -nofee or something along those lines. You can charge for work that uses others work as long as the source is available.

So there really is no difference between giving it away 'for free' or just having a dev fee already built in with source available. If people choose to remove it you're still earning more then you would be otherwise.

Good that you're improving equihash though.

yeah make it open source, i don't think you need peanuts of 0.05 from random dude that will resell it to another random dude, you have your farm that will cover everything

That literally has nothing to do with his work. His farm will regardless of him 'donating' work to other miners. Matter of a fact it earns more if he doesn't. Also earning .05BTC from one person is more then earning none from everyone.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:20:58 PM

Everyone wants shit for free. People bitch and moan so it's 'free'. Don't be afraid to charge for your work. Real support doesn't come from people who only give you kind words so they get free things.

SP I'm going to once again suggest using a dev fee as I did multiple times. Even in work that uses other peoples work you can have a dev fee, the source just needs to be provided. At 2% there aren't many people that are going to go out of their way to remove it, especially with readily available binaries. OR add it as a option that's enabled by default and can be disabled with -nofee or something along those lines. You can charge for work that uses others work as long as the source is available.

I will opensource my feecode.

9% faster than the opensource is still a few percent slower than EFWB. When I release it, he will probobly integrate my changes into his fork and continue to be the fastest..

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:22:20 PM

9% faster than the opensource is still a few percent slower than EFWB. When I release it, he will probobly integrate my changes into his fork and continue to be the fastest..

not necessarily.
maybe he did the same optimisations as you are doing now.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:25:42 PM

not necessarily.
maybe he did the same optimisations as you are doing now.

Could be.. but I don't think so. Let's see later.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:33:18 PM

So there really is no difference between giving it away 'for free' or just having a dev fee already built in with source available. If people choose to remove it you're still earning more then you would be otherwise.

That literally has nothing to do with his work. His farm will regardless of him 'donating' work to other miners. Matter of a fact it earns more if he doesn't. Also earning .05BTC from one person is more then earning none from everyone.

the point is that he don't need theat money, he probably sitting on millions already, he is making 150k a month for your info

if i had that income i would not care about money anymore certainly i would not care about 0.05, or are people really that greedy here? i would not be surprised
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:45:56 PM

the point is that he don't need theat money, he probably sitting on millions already, he is making 150k a month for your info

No I am not.
I have alot of debt.

Mining is risky, you need expensive equipment to mine with a profit. And GPU's are improving faster than moore's law...

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 03:19:43 PM

No I am not.
I have alot of debt.

Mining is risky, you need expensive equipment to mine with a profit. And GPU's are improving faster than moore's law...

MOORE'S LAW CAN ONLY FAIL--

Murphy's Law rules all.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:52:39 PM

if i had that income i would not care about money anymore certainly i would not care about 0.05, or are people really that greedy here? i would not be surprised

It's not your job to determine who does and doesn't need money. You have no idea how much he's making or the costs he's incurring. Stating someone should do charity work 'just cause you said so' isn't really the way things work.

How about you donate oh 30% of your earnings to developers constantly. I think you've earned enough.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:55:29 PM

It's not your job to determine who does and doesn't need money. You have no idea how much he's making or the costs he's incurring. Stating someone should do charity work 'just cause you said so' isn't really the way things work.

How about you donate oh 30% of your earnings to developers constantly. I think you've earned enough.

no i don't earn enough at all, i don't have 1000 gpu mining with 150k return, as i said if i was rich i would donat easily, but it's not my case, otherwise i would not even bother mining probably...
Pages: « 1 ... 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 [893] 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: