Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:14:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:03:25 PM

How about you guys stop wasting time on back and forth discussion with random people all over the altcoin board and instead set up a strategy to deal with this situation on a broader and more structural way?  Wink

A good way to deal with this is to create an official press release on the issue, provide a full and undeniable explanation that is independently verifiable, and push it to the official website of blocknet, all coins involved AND as much big newsnetworks as you can get interested in running the story. See this as an opportunity to once and for all set the record straight and gain press time while you are at it.

I've said this once and i'm gonna say this again: In a decentralized environment, you prove your honesty and integrity by providing everyone with the tools and proof to make up their own mind and decide for themselves. Discussing the issue on a 1 to 1 basis with everyone who has any doubt is an terribly inefficient way to do things, and stating that you will not give the so called 'FUD' (which is a bogus term if you ask me) any credibility by refusing to interact with it is about the worst possible reaction to the problem I can think off.

Think about it this way: what you are trying here is to reassure people who are uncertain about the project and are expressing their doubts about the future of blocknet. You are also trying to convince the people that might be interested to invest but are afraid to do so in light of recent events.
How do you best convince the broad public to set aside those negative feelings? Not by answering the rage thread of every single user with a 50% explanation, also not by refusing to comment. You take the high ground, request the digital equivalent of a megaphone and hold a complete and explanatory speech to the masses. On the internet this means making a complete press release and spreading it trough every channel possible (coincourant, cointelegraph, coindesk, twitter, youtube,...).

Lets go back to the metaphor of a square filled with huge mob.
Right now you are standing in a corner, arguing with one or two disgruntled people who are legitimately concerned about your credibility. Around this small scene are about ten other people who are watching and are making up their minds about this ridiculous scene without getting involved themselves. The more you try to explain yourself to those two disgruntled people, the more those bystanders are thinking this is a ridiculous scene, and the more they are beginning to distance themselves from the situation, telling others who have never heard about it how idiotic it is. While you are addressing those two hotheads, slowly the entire square starts to hear wispers and rumours about "that one dude in the corner that allegedly did something bad". And weather you like it or not, gossip doesn't give a rats ass about truth, it just wants to be sensational.

Now you can do two things: either stay in that corner, arguing with those hotheads until one of them loses their temper and gives you a hit in the face, or you can break free from that unproductive situation, run over to the highest point of the square, grab a megaphone and start broadcasting the facts about the situation as loud as you can. Presenting irrefutable evidence that proves your point, as well as talking about what the steps forward are, how you are gonna make your stuff even more awesome and what you will do to avoid confusion in the future.  

This is what happens in that scenario. The two readheads will keep shouting and screaming, but frankly you don't have to give a fuck because the 10 people that stood behind them are now paying attention and listening to you, making up their minds about the situation from the presented facts. The further the story develops, the more people on the square will start to flock to this interesting new thing that is happening. People that may never have heard about this might start to pay attention, and frankly you don't care anymore about the two angry dudes that have now ran off, because you have an audience that cares enough to listen.

At the end of the day: you lost 2 guys, gave 10 others enough information to make a decision and introduced everyone else on the square to your project. Mass psychology.

Get out there, stop arguing and prove everything you are saying in here in one press release that doesn't require a reader to have any prior knowledge of the situation to come to a verdict.

And frankly: If you are afraid to do this, if you think it has a chance to backfire, if you think it "doesn't currently fit in our media strategy" or something likewise: you are heading in the wrong direction with your project and the two guys that cornered you on the square were 100% right to corner you and start complaining.

Some facts:
- If you can't inspire trust, your decentralized project is going nowhere.
- Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt are legit feelings an investor can express. FUD is a bogus term that is used by people unable to adress concerns
- Decentralized due diligence, active open accounting, Regular newsupdates and transparency are the only way forward in the crypto world
- The only thing the few people that have doubts in your project can do is NOT USE IT. The only thing 7 billion other people on the planet can decide to do is to USE IT, but only after they KNOW IT EXIST.
- Don't fail to understand that you are not trying to convince everyone to use your project, you are trying to find the people that WANT to use it. Watch this video to understand what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw28y81s7Wo

Oh and just on a completely honest personal note: I believe in the project, i also had the intention to invest a bit in it, but i waited to do so because an investor always wants to have as much info as possible before investing, so it's wise to buy as late as possible.
At the moment my advice to oneself is to NOT invest, and this is completely legit for me to decide that, just as it is completely legit for everyone else to decide that.
It's up to you guys to convince me to rethink and join in anyway, and if you can't do that, it's up to you guys to completely and utterly ignore me, forget that i even exist and find the people on the internet that ARE willing to invest and join the adventure/cause. If you guys manage to get this situation on track again i'll happily put my money where my mouth is and join in as well.

At the moment you guys are doing a rather poor job on some of the key components of making this happen:
1. Reaching out to a broader audience: nope, no website, no media strategy, no marketing.
2. Setting the record straight with irrefutable facts: they might be in here somewhere, but i don't plan on reading 100+ pages
3. Ignoring the hotheads and talking to the community: please i don't even know who gains from those discussions.

/ Devils advocate.

Brutaly honnest again because it needs to happen. Brutaly honnest again not because i want to see this project fail but because i want to see it succeed. Brutally honnest again because that is what works in a decentralized community and because top down control and obscurity is exactly what we don't need right now.

Kind regards
Hoping to invest soon
Bytas

I agree 100% - Great post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:04:47 PM

Oh and i forgot to add one thing: saying "great post, you are totally right, something needs to happen." in this thread isn't going to solve anything, it's the actions that you take outside this confined space that will. Wink

Kind regards
Andreas

Well, I asked for the same stuff in private. I think some type of clarity will be coming and I am waiting for it.

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:07:28 PM

Oh and i forgot to add one thing: saying "great post, you are totally right." in this thread isn't going to solve anything, it's the actions that you take outside this confined space that will. Wink

Kind regards
Andreas

Thanks Andreas. That was very well presented.

In my opinion I've been doing the things you suggested (like *not* engaging with loudmouths on this thread, but instead keeping the thread free of conversation about unverifiable internet trash). You effectively expressed our plan.

You'll see the course we take over the next few days.

All the best,

Arlyn

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:11:31 PM

Oh and i forgot to add one thing: saying "great post, you are totally right." in this thread isn't going to solve anything, it's the actions that you take outside this confined space that will. Wink

Kind regards
Andreas

Thanks Andreas. That was very well presented.

In my opinion I've been doing the things you suggested (like *not* engaging with loudmouths on this thread, but instead keeping the thread free of conversation about unverifiable internet trash). You effectively expressed our plan.

You'll see the course we take over the next few days.

All the best,

Arlyn

Thanks for keeping your head cool.

Keep the good work

Dan  Wink
Bytas

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:27:55 PM

ok great  Cool

*cough.. website ..cough :p
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:34:36 PM

ok great  Cool

*cough.. website ..cough :p

There has been an overwhelming avalanche of bs thrown at them in the last two days. Get off your high horse.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:49:46 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 11:12:35 PM by benthach

all this FUD storms just smoke and mirrors, like others smoke and mirrors in crypto land. what Dan did wrong is collecting BTC by reviewing other codes and saying good thing about it without knowing the coins going to be scam or not, though he's involving with many coins. he need to stop this practice and focus more with his own projects which are XC and now Blocknet. what i see in these crazy FUD storms is other coins or projects want to destroy this blocknet, ahem, the scam Supernet and shadowcoin/cash? again, blocknet itself is the best idea.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
ProfX

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:58:23 PM

all this FUD storms just smoke and mirrors, like others smoke and mirrors in crypto land. what Dan did wrong is collecting BTC by reviewing other codes and saying good thing about it without knowing the coins going to be scam or not, though he's involving with many coins. he need to stop this practice and focus more with his own projects which are XC and now Blocknet. what i see in these crazy FUD storms is other coins or projects want to destroy this blocknet, ahem, the scam Supernet? again, blocknet itself is the best idea.

he has public stated that he stopped and this was a few weeks ago I believe
UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:59:41 PM

Hah.  He deleted my post too.  I was measured, reasoned and calm.  Said while there was no doubt that much of the allegations against Dan were bullshit that something smelled fishy and asked for a refund.

Deleted.

I guess I'll go post it on a non-moderated thread.

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 11:13:37 PM

Hah.  He deleted my post too.  I was measured, reasoned and calm.  Said while there was no doubt that much of the allegations against Dan were bullshit that something smelled fishy and asked for a refund.

Deleted.

I guess I'll go post it on a non-moderated thread.

Apologies.

If I recall correctly I deleted a conversation. Since it was also quoted in your post I deleted your post.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
sysco32

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:19:36 AM

Does anybody has this error?

Date: 2014.11.01. 01:33
Source: Generated

Generated coins must mature 60 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

This is the third time that the staking gives this error message and not getting confirmed.
Is it the wallet or what?
Thx
kenobius
Legendary

Activity: 1650
Merit: 1033

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:10:05 AM

What about this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.0
Is blocknet a scam?
dan7777777

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:10:56 AM

What is going on??!!!  I leave here for 24 hours and all hell breaks loose.  VERY worried about this now. I don't know what to think.  Please address all the other concerns in the other blocknet threads including the chat logs.  Worried.
ifyousmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:17:05 AM

What is going on??!!!  I leave here for 24 hours and all hell breaks loose.  VERY worried about this now. I don't know what to think.  Please address all the other concerns in the other blocknet threads including the chat logs.  Worried.

I'm forced to ask here because of being censored in the XC thread which is now locked and my questions deleted/redacted
Failing to answer these questions is highly suspicious and i would think it wise to just put an end to all of this and answer them once and for all

1: Did you develop hal in any way shape or form (answer clearly and explain what if at all you worked on for hal!)

2: Do you develop for util (again a straight forward answer yes or no and with an explanation of what you worked/work on if you did)

3: Can you list all of the people who formulated the blocknet with you and is prom bob fonats or any other known pump group in any way involved in the setup? (if so then detail specifically how and to what extent)

4: Please tell everyone here how you came to decide on these coins and did prom have anything to do with this?

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no and please detail specifically how and what you did and to what extent)

6: Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with)

7: Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one?

8: has prom ever funded you in any way shape or form (elaborate please telling us what you did for prom if you did anything at all)

9: Are you the sole person doing your (Dan Metcalf) code reviews if not who are you outsourcing them to?

If anyone else has some questions for Dan Metcalf please feel free to ask in this thread so we can all put this to rest and move on.

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS

I'm forced to ask here because of being censored in the XC thread which is now locked and my questions deleted/redacted
Failing to answer these questions is highly suspicious and i would think it wise to just put an end to all of this and answer them once and for all

1: Did you develop hal in any way shape or form (answer clearly and explain what if at all you worked on for hal!)

2: Do you develop for util (again a straight forward answer yes or no and with an explanation of what you worked/work on if you did)

3: Can you list all of the people who formulated the blocknet with you and is prom bob fonats or any other known pump group in any way involved in the setup? (if so then detail specifically how and to what extent)

4: Please tell everyone here how you came to decide on these coins and did prom have anything to do with this?

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no and please detail specifically how and what you did and to what extent)

6: Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with)

7: Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one?

8: has prom ever funded you in any way shape or form (elaborate please telling us what you did for prom if you did anything at all)

9: Are you the sole person doing your (Dan Metcalf) code reviews if not who are you outsourcing them to?

If anyone else has some questions for Dan Metcalf please feel free to ask in this thread so we can all put this to rest and move on.

as I stated before I answered all these questions, no i did not develop hal, no i did not develop for uitl, blocknet was my idea/formulation alone thus no p&d groups involved in it setup, the coins were chosen based specific tech they bring to the table, and other coins requested access,  no prom was not involved in coin selection, all the information about the code reviews was public at the time they happened, no prom has never funded me in any way, the code reviews are not outsource as I've been programming for 35 years

Dan Metcalf

Thanks for answering some of the questions im still interested if

Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one? NO
Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with) Code reviews are public information
Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no and please detail specifically how and what you did and to what extent)  NO

Thankyou ..finally for your answers now i can move on as it is now etched into the forum!

its done. end of FUD. now relax
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:57:06 AM

What is going on??!!!  I leave here for 24 hours and all hell breaks loose.  VERY worried about this now. I don't know what to think.  Please address all the other concerns in the other blocknet threads including the chat logs.  Worried.

Nothing to see here, just another day in Crypto. However, rest assured your are straddling the cusp of real innovation in this space. Drink it in!

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:03:43 AM

Fudsters will FUD.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:50:30 AM

This must be the new XC thread as the other is shutdown and no one is posting on XCTALK.

One way to kill communication on both dev side, fudsters and the entire community. Bad idea in my mind.
MiningMinion

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:20:02 AM

10m coins at 25k sats = 2,500 btc.

Too expensive, it can't even be pump'd to 20%. No room to grow or even make money, sad.

That's what I thought when google went IPO.  Now I'm regretting not getting any google stock  Embarrassed

BlockNET is the foundation for all coin transactions.  Imagine all the services that goes through it when it goes mainstream.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:52:52 AM

lol. this shit is going to collapse under its own bugs and loopholes. I predict a fatal exploit will bring it down within the next 6 months.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:58:48 AM

Fudsters will FUD.

Scammers will scam and Liars will lie.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: