Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2018, 09:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly |  (Read 53677 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VladK

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:35:53 PM

I updated philosopherstones.org to point to the new wallet and changed the description of bootstrapping process.
I've created new Telegram channel https://t.me/phscoin.
Version 1.6.6.8 will be ready soon. Most important changes are new checkpoint server and RaspberryPi build,
thanks to Noob_two.
Any help with graphics, articles about PHS, marketing and Telegram channel is welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noob_two

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:34:19 AM

I updated philosopherstones.org to point to the new wallet and changed the description of bootstrapping process.
I've created new Telegram channel https://t.me/phscoin.
Version 1.6.6.8 will be ready soon. Most important changes are new checkpoint server and RaspberryPi build,
thanks to Noob_two.
Any help with graphics, articles about PHS, marketing and Telegram channel is welcome.

Hi VladK,
please wait a little bit with pulling my "pull request". I will upload some minor changes to the code, today (configuration and compatibility fixes).
The update to the new checkpoint server would be helpful but it is not included at the moment in the toxtox fork.
If the new checkpoint server is the only additional change you could upload the changed file and I could merge it in the toxtox fork.
I planned to upload a static and portable raspberry Pi and Linux 64bit wallet today or tomorrow.

Noob_two

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:26:15 PM

@ VladK,

source code on https://github.com/toxtox/philosopherstone is updated a second time today. Now it should compile with and without "RELEASE=1".

changed files today:

philosopherstone-qt.pro:
- only one "all-in-one" configuration file again.
- CPU-optimizations can be selected by qmake options ("RASPBERRY_PI_VERSION_2_OR_3" and "GENERIC_ARM_CPU" Several Linux optimizations/fixes
- hardcoded standard locations for openssl and BerkeleyDB.4.8
- some minor adjustments
(I took care not to break any Windows/Mac related entries, but I cannot test it because I have no Window/Mac build environment)

main.cpp
- if linking against static QT-libs a static "qxcb" plugin must be included (see line 20 and 21) => "qmake RELEASE=1..." needs static QT-libs

clientversion.h
bumping to 1.6.6.8(.)
The dot will be automatically added to ARM-CPU builds at compile time. More infos see clientversion.h

README.md
Reward halving info added

Please let me know the entry of the new checkpoint for "checkpoints.cpp". I will add it and recompile the builds.
Thank you.
sorrros

Activity: 436
Merit: 100

FINANCEX - The Next Generation Exchange

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:19:54 PM

This is exciting ! I've just stashed some more PHS over on Cryptopia - i can't get enough Grin

I wish I had more time to help you on the marketing/promotion side. If I get a chance I will write something about the project or try to do something with the logo/animation on the website (it's all but guaranteed so if someone else has the skills by all means go for it!)

Noob_two

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:21:32 PM

Grin NEW BUILDS 1.6.6.8(.)

1. Raspberry Pi build 1.6.6.8.
2. Linux 64bit build 1.6.6.8

https://github.com/toxtox/philosopherstone/releases/tag/v1.6.6.8(.)

This is the first Raspberry Pi wallet-build for Philosopherstone coin and maybe one of the first Raspberry Pi builds of a crypto-coin-wallet at all. (I have not seen any Raspberry Pi wallet builds before)
And additionally there is the first ready to use PHS-wallet-build for "normal" X86_64 Linux-computers, too.

This version is fork of VladK75's version 1.6.6.7. This means this version includes the reward halving on September 2019 to 25% and on September 2021 to 12,5%.

It is quite surprising why there are obviously no Raspberry Pi wallet-builds of other coins available because the Raspberry Pi is the most sold computer world wide. Shocked

And it makes sense to use a Raspberry Pi for running the wallet because the energy consumtion is very low even if it runs 24h a day for staking and as a full node for supporting the network (if port 16281 is open or upnp [router + wallet] is used)

For starting the wallet just run "./philosopherstone-qt"

dependencies/requirements: The file size of the executeable "philosopherstone-qt" is huge because it contains already a lot of libraries for reducing the dependencies. But some standard shared-libraries are still required (and most of them should be already installed on your system by default and additionally most of these libraries are already included in this bundle in the subfolder "./shared_libs_active" that can be used/accessed by ./philosopherstone-qt. => so it should run very likely out of the box. If you have trouble with dependencies try to move the folder "./shared_libs_active" to a different location or install the missing libraries

(Please note the build was only tested on Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 running "Kali-Linux 2017.3" but the build should run on similar mini computers like Banana Pi and others, too)

The builds are marked as a pre-releases because because they need an update to the latest checkpoint-server (thanks to Vlatk for working on it). If the wallet does not sync because of the warning message "CHECKPOINTS TO OLD..." you might try to set cppolicy=advisory in your Philosopherstone.conf configuration file (see examples included) but at your own risk.
VladK

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:04:04 PM

Small update.
Telegram channel was not what we all wanted. So, I've deleted it and create supergroup,
where everybody can write like in chat room.
But those who was following old channel already, please join new group instead.
Address is the same  - https://t.me/phscoin

Vlad
sorrros

Activity: 436

FINANCEX - The Next Generation Exchange

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:11:54 PM

Can't wait to try the RPi build! This is awesome Noob_two!

I think a RPi build was done on some coins already.. Here are a few other examples if it can help:
- https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44225
- https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@scalextrix/how-to-install-the-gridcoin-crypto-currency-wallet-on-a-raspberry-pi-2-or-3
- https://andypi.co.uk/2017/07/01/mining-monero-xmr-crypto-currency-on-raspberry-pi/

The 'Check point too old message' is only a text message and has never created any problem in the 4 1/2 years of existence of PHS.
I don't think we should be toying with the conf file policy. Unless we know 200% what we are doing with this!

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1048

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:01:02 PM

great work from everyone here. how often should the wallet be opened to get max stake?

this is not pos3 right so we can just open it every few weeks or less?

█████           █████        ██████████████▀▄███▄       ▄███▄      ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄        ▄▄███████▄▄         ▄███▄
 █████         █████         ██████████████ █████       █████    ████████████████     ▄███████████████▄      █████
  █████       █████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀         ▀▀▀    ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ▄███████████████████▄     ▀▀▀
   █████     █████ ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄  █████▀              ███████████████████████   █████ ████▄ ▄██████▄
    █████   █████  █████       █████ █████  █████       █████ ▐█████              █████████████████████████  █████ ███████████████
     █████ █████   █████       █████ █████  █████       █████ ▐████▌             ███████████████████████████ █████ ███████▀▀▀██████
      █████████    █████       █████ █████  █████       █████ ▐████▌             ███████████████████████████ █████ █████▀    ▀█████
       ███████     █████       █████ █████  █████       █████ ▐████▌             ███████████████████████████ █████ █████      █████
        █████      █████       █████ █████  █████       █████ ▐█████              █████████████████████████  █████ █████      █████
        █████      █████       █████ █████  █████       █████  █████▄              ███████████████████████   █████ █████      █████
        █████      ██████▄▄▄▄▄██████ █████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄██████   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ▀███████████████████▀    █████ █████      █████
        █████       ████████████████ █████   ████████████████  ▄ ████████████████     ▀███████████████▀  ▄█▄ █████ █████      █████
        █████        ▀▀████▀▀  █████ █████    ▀█████▀▀  █████ ▀█▀   ▀▀████████▀▀▀        ▀▀███████▀▀     ▀█▀ █████ █████      █████
Mr.Nc.Guy

Activity: 210

KickCity a reward-based blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:45:41 PM

I like the name of the coin  Cheesy Hehe I was thinking about the logo to be one of the stone like in FullMetal Alchemist.

kickcity   ●   Connecting People Through Reward-Based Communities on Blockchain
●                                 facebook     slack     VK     twitter     telegram                                 ●
ICO | 1st of March     kickcity WHITEPAPER 
Noob_two

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:52:20 PM

The 'Check point too old message' is only a text message and has never created any problem in the 4 1/2 years of existence of PHS.
I don't think we should be toying with the conf file policy. Unless we know 200% what we are doing with this!

Thanks for the informations. You are right lowering the checkpoint policy (default "strict") could be too risky. Therefore I reset the policy back to "strict" today. I hope that the wallet syncs normally and I just ignore the warning message until we have a newer checkpoint hardcoded in source code.
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:53:01 AM

The PHS team has a new direction, which seems to be a good start.
VladK

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:17:27 AM

Check point server is controversial heritage from PPC coin. One node, usually running by developer  becomes "main"
and in a case of blockchain split all other nodes are ordered to follow the chain "main" node have chosen.
More security, less decentralization.
The old crypto key for checkpoint server is lost and we need to compile new client with a new key.
It's not emergency issue and I need another few days to recompile and check everything.

For now, while there is no checkpoint server online it's doesn't matter what policy you choose.
Hacktigeek

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:43:28 AM

hey guys how are you im a pos enthusiast, i also promo the coin triangles another 33% apr coin and this coin plus crave and triangles i use to call the illuminati coins trifecta based on the names 3 great coins to proof of stake. coins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izdea9fwUCo

heres my video on phs

if u guys want to donate to a crypto pos holder  send me some phs!
also dm me or msg me on the discord room for phs i just joined it.
https://discord.gg/V4UTfy

if you would like to donate $phs to me
9XejBkyW8ranScXudBtbfnKMReB3rm68Gz

I saw your video a while ago..very cool !
romeshomey

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:21:37 PM

I have some weird conflict between PHS and Mintcoin where I can't run both wallets at the same time.   

I also had to revert back to the previous PHS wallet version due to the current version become unresponsive and I couldn't get it to connect to the network anymore.  Worked fine after reverting back.  Will see if I can get latest version to work once I get synced again.
VladK

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:11:01 AM

philosophercoins.org is down. Our provider suddenly closed its business and stopped all servers.
Any way we need faster and alas more expensive hosting.
But it will take few days before I start new server.
romeshomey

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:52:37 PM

Current version works for me again after syncing previous version again.  Not sure wtf happened but had to redownload chain again to get wallet to connect to any peers.

I had a corruption due to an unexpected system reboot and had the chain synced on the current wallet version but after rebuilding the database the wallet refused to connect to any peers.  Couldn't get around it without loading up previous wallet version and synching chain again. 
Noob_two

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:13:39 PM

Grin NEW SimplePhilosopherstoneWidget NEW

for tracking the Philosopherstone price from cryptopia continuously on your mobile phone.

You can download the SimplePhilosopherstoneWidget directly as an apk-file as a pre-release from here:
https://github.com/toxtox/SimpleBitcoinWidget/releases

I suppose you already know this widget as SimpleBitcoinWidget for Bitcoin and for some real big coins (ETC, LTC..)
This is a fork for Philosopherstone.

As you can see on the screenshots you can use the SimpleBitcoinWidget and the SimplePhilosopherstoneWidget at the same time (no naming conflicts)

Have fun and a nice weekend

https://i.imgur.com/XPfxig5.png

https://i.imgur.com/WWG5Rxs.png
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:47:48 PM

Wink

Noob_two

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:22:59 PM

Wink

WOW you are back again, after so long time!!!
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:43:59 AM

Wink

WOW you are back again, after so long time!!!

Yeah had a bad time when cryptsy took everything... I brought in Vlads changes and made a new win PHS client testing full sync speeds , might add some optimizations and patches if time permits, good to see PHS still around!

Good website too!  looks like PHS did deliver returns, just frustrating some really shit coins are pretty damn high in valuations, always wanted to see phs $1 +

also,

Sent out checkpoints to remove errors on some clients.
Fixing main forum post links.
updating some code.
https://github.com/palmd/philosopherstone/commits/master

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.