Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:39:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly |  (Read 69668 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:13:22 PM

What's going on with Cryptopia?

PHS / BTC market is closing
Markets frozen while in talks with Dev regarding possible hard fork

It was me who asked Cryptopia to suspend PHS and I want to ask you guys a favor.

As you may know I'm already did a lot for PHS - paid for Crypropia listing from my own funds,
running permanent PHS nodes keeping network alive, saved phstones.com domain (and PHS explorer is up and running at http://explorer.phstones.com/)

Recently my main PC was compromised and all my PHS (a significant amount) along with other coins were stolen by some hacking vermin.

There is a possibility to recover stolen coins but it will require a hardfork to roll the blockchain a few days back.
So I'm asking permission from PHS community to do that.

Pros:
1. No stolen coins dump from the thief.
2. Updated wallet - working checkpointing, security patches, etc.
3. I will continue taking care of PHS network - run nodes, web, update wallet if needed.

Cons:
1. Stakes for the last few days will be discarded but coins will keep accumulated coinage and will restake at corrected rate - you will not lose anything.

Please post your opinions.

Thank you.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:15:40 PM

It was me who asked Cryptopia to suspend PHS and I want to ask you guys a favor.

As you may know I'm already did a lot for PHS - paid for Crypropia listing from my own funds,
running permanent PHS nodes keeping network alive, saved phstones.com domain (and PHS explorer is up and running at http://explorer.phstones.com/)

Recently my main PC was compromised and all my PHS (a significant amount) along with other coins were stolen by some hacking vermin.

There is a possibility to recover stolen coins but it will require a hardfork to roll the blockchain a few days back.

Pros:
3. I will continue taking care of PHS network - run nodes, web, update wallet if needed.

Cons:
1. Stakes for the last few days will be discarded but coins will keep accumulated coinage and will restake at corrected rate - you will not lose anything.

Thank you.

I'm with you. Go for it!

Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:12:33 AM

Pros:

Cons:

Thank you.

I have no problem with that  Wink  (assuming my 1400 stones count as a voting stake)
Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:16:52 AM

I have some web space, is it possible to run a permanent node on that?   Huh
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:27:49 AM

Thank you.

I have no problem with that  Wink  (assuming my 1400 stones count as a voting stake)

Agreed , No Worries.   Cheesy

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:32:00 AM

I have some web space, is it possible to run a permanent node on that?   Huh

If you have a PC or VPS that can stay connected 24x7 and you have a static (never changing) IP address, you could be a node.
If you don't have a static ip, but can leave your PC up and running it will still help the network, but can't be listed as a permanent node.

Cool
NaNaec

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:44:46 PM

it seems that you become a developer Smiley. if so then you have every right to roll back. good luck.

ps. this better not happen again.
VladK

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:02:06 PM

Thank you.

PHS coin in desperate need for a developer and hardfork is small price for saving the coin.
I guess that you know, that almost 40% of coins is controlled by top 10 addresses, and though
they stake regularly, their owners never did anything for this coin.
I hope you will be able to contact them and convince to use your version of client.

To sit and wait may be was a good strategy when Crypsty was alive. With all their problems
they were the biggest exchange anyway.
But nobody notice PHS on Cryptopia even if new crypto boom would happen.

If hardfork is going to happen anyway consider to implement these changes:

1. 50% stake rate can't last forever. Half it every 4 years from now till it will be about 3% (in 16 years).

2. Make POS reward for last 90 days only. There are lot of addresses with considerable amount of coins,
that not active for year or two already.
If their owners would come back, get stake for 600-1000 days, It's like a time bomb.

3. I still think that transaction messages is useful thing and maximum message size should
be extended to 528 bytes, like it was done in Florin coin.
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:12:27 PM

Thank you.

Agreed. Let's do it.

@VladK, there is 15 days limitation for the max PoS weight already.
VladK

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:30:47 PM

PoS weight is a chance to get reward. The sum of reward depends only on coindays and have no limit right now.
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 02:04:32 PM

Pros:

Cons:

I'm fine with that, go for it.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:43:31 AM

Fully supportive.

-noise23, let's roll back the blockchain
-VladK, I'm also with you: we should think about the long term changes needed: PoS halving (or curve/fixed amount) and higher tx. However I'm not sure now is the right time as if we do this together with the roll-back it will have to be done in a short time... which is not great for the community. If we change the coin specs, let's do this in a clean way; have a vote open over a 1 month voting period for each aspect to be updated. This way we allow everyone involved to participate.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
sorrros

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:45:17 AM

PoS weight is a chance to get reward. The sum of reward depends only on coindays and have no limit right now.

And supportive of the reward period change as well.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:32:20 PM

go for it, i am in.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
noise23
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:33:47 PM

Hello everyone!

Bad news here.
Unfortunately, Cryptopia didn't agree to rollback hardfork plan.
They told me they are going to delist PHS market in case if we proceed with rollback.

So it seems like I just have to walk away because without the rollback I can't work on PHS anymore.
It's not about money but I just can't work on a coin knowing that I'm helping the thief to happily dump stolen coins.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:48:59 PM

Any possibility of performing a hard fork without the rollback?

You know where your stolen coins are, right?

Can't you just burned them? Wipe out that address, or addresses, where they were stolen to?

Otherwise, this coins is dead  Cry

No market, no dev, no website... no hope! Undecided

noise23
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:23:29 PM

Any possibility of performing a hard fork without the rollback?

You know where your stolen coins are, right?

Can't you just burned them? Wipe out that address, or addresses, where they were stolen to?

Otherwise, this coins is dead  Cry

No market, no dev, no website... no hope! Undecided

Here is the wallet with stolen coins: http://explorer.phstones.com/address/9VGJynR4uc3787QWdGMS9HUD9YMmmDJgoC
Not sure if it thief's own address or he sent coins directly to Cryptopia.
Theoretically it's possible to ban an address but it's much worse than rollback and I'm pretty sure Cryptopia would not agree to that either.

sorrros

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:08:28 PM

Can you tell us more about the reason why Cryptopia doesn't want to do the rollback?

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:54:22 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 09:05:12 PM by kiklo

Can you tell us more about the reason why Cryptopia doesn't want to do the rollback?

Problems with rollbacks , is say someone made a transaction after the rollback and received something else in exchange like btc, the rollback wipes out that transaction.
Meaning an exchange would either then owe PHS or BTC to someone as a debt where before the roll back , everything was balanced.

FYI:
Here is a thought, I would agree to you updating the code and adding a 1% transaction fee to every stake that went to your own account , so you could reclaim what you lost and even receive some for future help.
What about that as a solution?

Will everyone else here agree to that?

Cool
noise23
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:13:02 PM

Problems with rollbacks , is say someone made a transaction after the rollback and received something else in exchange like btc, the rollback wipes out that transaction.
Meaning an exchange would either then owe PHS or BTC to someone as a debt where before the roll back , everything was balanced.

I feel for you Noise 23, and understand. Please inform cryptopia to restart the PHS exchange , if PHS survives it will be up to the rest of the PHS community.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Cool

Actually there were no trades on Cryptopia after the theft so they would not lose anyhing, also is case of any loss I did promise them to compensate from my funds.

Cryptopia reply -
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. Just to clarify we have not frozen the markets because you got hacked, that is not a precedent we are willing to set.
We have frozen the markets because of your intention to hardfork the coins for a rollback.

If you plan to proceed with the rollback hardforks, we will be delisting the coins.
We feel that such actions are an abuse of your position as developer, and being hacked is not a good reason for a rollback.

The reasons for this are:
Any regular user suffering the same fate could not expect a rollback.

Any user who accidentally purchased stolen coins ends up getting screwed instead without warning, through no fault of their own.

There is no way to verify the claims of the hack, I'm not saying this is what you've done but it's entirely possible you could sell the coins, take the BTC, claim you were hacked, and then proceed with a rollback.

Cheers,
Hex
The Cryptopia Team
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: