Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ARCHcoin [ARCH] The ARCH Network - NEWS  (Read 221296 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (53 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
WhalePanda

Activity: 163
Merit: 101

HODLing is an art, not just a word

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:10:10 AM

Warning to all ARCH wallet users, be aware someone is targeting large ARCH wallets and stealing the coins.

I had 32k ARCH stolen from the staking wallet in this transaction.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/block.dws?171607.htm

Looks to me like someone else has lost 40k in this transaction a short time before mine.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/block.dws?171506.htm

The perp now has almost 74k of ARCH coin in the wallet - AUjc5ZUHh666x9mDDJ1pdKiwXgrf9eedq9

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AUjc5ZUHh666x9mDDJ1pdKiwXgrf9eedq9.htm

Still no response from anyone as to why these coins ended up in the #2 Wallet and who it belongs to.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AL8PwmG2wC5Kjq9SfsTCmVVvKJqrg2bWWc.htm

BTCArchitect ignored PM about this.

Arch support has provided no answers.

ARCH management has not provided any help whatsoever in tracking down the stolen coins even though they can be clearly seen in the block explorer.

Very poor response from people who claim to care about they are above everyone else and looking after their shareholders etc.

Anyone else care to follow those transactions and shed some light on the coins would be appreciated as ARCH management are unwilling to help?

They are not unwilling to help, since blockchain transactions are irreversible nothing can be done.
But despite that I'm pretty sure https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AUjc5ZUHh666x9mDDJ1pdKiwXgrf9eedq9.htm is bittrex but you can ask them about it.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 03:59:15 PM

Warning to all ARCH wallet users, be aware someone is targeting large ARCH wallets and stealing the coins.

I had 32k ARCH stolen from the staking wallet in this transaction.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/block.dws?171607.htm

Looks to me like someone else has lost 40k in this transaction a short time before mine.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/block.dws?171506.htm

The perp now has almost 74k of ARCH coin in the wallet - AUjc5ZUHh666x9mDDJ1pdKiwXgrf9eedq9

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AUjc5ZUHh666x9mDDJ1pdKiwXgrf9eedq9.htm

Still no response from anyone as to why these coins ended up in the #2 Wallet and who it belongs to.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AL8PwmG2wC5Kjq9SfsTCmVVvKJqrg2bWWc.htm

BTCArchitect ignored PM about this.

Arch support has provided no answers.

ARCH management has not provided any help whatsoever in tracking down the stolen coins even though they can be clearly seen in the block explorer.

Very poor response from people who claim to care about they are above everyone else and looking after their shareholders etc.

Anyone else care to follow those transactions and shed some light on the coins would be appreciated as ARCH management are unwilling to help?

That happened to me exactly the same way, back in December. Finally, traced it to Bittrex. Lessons learned: Hacking an individual's machine is easier than hacking a bank. Top security practices are needed, else, keep your money in the bank.

andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 04:00:18 PM

Archcoin still uptrending

coinme.info

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:13:15 PM

Noone @ ARCH management is responsable for the loss of your coins, you yourself left your wallet unlocked..

Correct about Arch management not being responsible.

However that does not make it OK for people break into your network and steal stuff does it?

They could have assisted with the requests of the addresses provided but no they have not.

Very poor effort on their part to assist 2 of their CEOs who were robbed.
coinme.info

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:23:55 PM

They are not unwilling to help, since blockchain transactions are irreversible nothing can be done.
But despite that I'm pretty sure https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AUjc5ZUHh666x9mDDJ1pdKiwXgrf9eedq9.htm is bittrex but you can ask them about it.

I was hoping that ARCH management can confirm that these two addresses are not CEOs

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AUjc5ZUHh666x9mDDJ1pdKiwXgrf9eedq9.htm - 41k ARCH

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arch/address.dws?AL8PwmG2wC5Kjq9SfsTCmVVvKJqrg2bWWc.htm  - 854k ARCH & staking

They very much look like CEO type wallets but I could be wrong???

Thanks for the input so far guys.
Jamil.Kamil

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:24:14 PM

The steps to the new world begin with a good transportation and ARCH has been finest transportation device in the history....😊

coinme.info

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:33:24 PM

That happened to me exactly the same way, back in December. Finally, traced it to Bittrex. Lessons learned: Hacking an individual's machine is easier than hacking a bank. Top security practices are needed, else, keep your money in the bank.

Yes lesson learned.

I found out that POS coins like ARCH are a greater security risk if you are staking them as you make yourself a target for people prepared to hack as anyone with a wallet can see your on the network 24/7
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 07:03:13 PM

Yes lesson learned.

I found out that POS coins like ARCH are a greater security risk if you are staking them as you make yourself a target for people prepared to hack as anyone with a wallet can see your on the network 24/7

No one attacked the ARCH network and it is not a security risk to stake your coins.  Leaving any unencrypted wallet file on your computer is idiotic, if you lost your coins it is your own fault. 

I have been staking my coins for over 6 months and my balance only goes up.  Do you know why?  My wallet is encrypted. 

What is the relevance of those wallets that you linked?  If they have 32,000 coins they can probably access CEO info.
Askuzai

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:05:06 PM

Yes lesson learned.

No one attacked the ARCH network and it is not a security risk to stake your coins.  Leaving any unencrypted wallet file on your computer is idiotic, if you lost your coins it is your own fault. 

I have been staking my coins for over 6 months and my balance only goes up.  Do you know why?  My wallet is encrypted. 

What is the relevance of those wallets that you linked?  If they have 32,000 coins they can probably access CEO info.

Encrypted wallet, VPN, sandbox, don't use TeamViewer or other cloud services on your staking machine. Common sense, done.
wittech

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:35:23 AM

Hey, These moby's look awesome, want one! What provides the balance/buoyancy? is it like a catamaran underneath?

How much are they? Where will they be available? How are they shipped?

Thanks, they really look fantastic
coinme.info

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:34:58 AM

No one attacked the ARCH network and it is not a security risk to stake your coins.  Leaving any unencrypted wallet file on your computer is idiotic, if you lost your coins it is your own fault.  

I have been staking my coins for over 6 months and my balance only goes up.  Do you know why?  My wallet is encrypted.  

What is the relevance of those wallets that you linked?  If they have 32,000 coins they can probably access CEO info.

First of all someone did attack the ARCH network by targeting computers that were running ARCH wallets for staking.

Secondly it would appear that staking is a security risk as it exposes the staking computer to attack by way of being on the network 24/7 and visible as a peer.

Thirdly you are justify theft of property is OK because if you are able to steal it it means the owner did not secure it well enough so therefore it is fair game. Hackers

Hackers please note that Cryptotrout is cool with you robbing him as it will be his fault that your 0 day compromised his security.

Those are the wallets that have the coins.

coinme.info

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:40:40 AM

Encrypted wallet, VPN, sandbox, don't use TeamViewer or other cloud services on your staking machine. Common sense, done.

While they all deter a theif anyone determined to get your wallet is going to get around those measures.

Your staking wallet makes you a target and ARCH users are OK with being hacked and will all agree it is the victims fault they lost their investment in Arch.

So best way to become and ARCH CEO is to just steal wallets it seems. ARCH management seems ok with this.
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:45:30 AM

While they all deter a theif anyone determined to get your wallet is going to get around those measures.

Your staking wallet makes you a target and ARCH users are OK with being hacked and will all agree it is the victims fault they lost their investment in Arch.

So best way to become and ARCH CEO is to just steal wallets it seems. ARCH management seems ok with this.

Please just stop this nonsense. It was your own fault for not encrypting your wallet. END OF STORY.

You can't blame it on anyone but yourself. Just take this as a lesson learned.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 06:54:25 AM

No one attacked the ARCH network and it is not a security risk to stake your coins.  Leaving any unencrypted wallet file on your computer is idiotic, if you lost your coins it is your own fault.  

I have been staking my coins for over 6 months and my balance only goes up.  Do you know why?  My wallet is encrypted.  

What is the relevance of those wallets that you linked?  If they have 32,000 coins they can probably access CEO info.

Thirdly you are justify theft of property is OK because if you are able to steal it it means the owner did not secure it well enough so therefore it is fair game.

If you car was stolen off the street would you call the dealership or the cops?

The people who steal coins are looking for ALL coins.  They didn't target the Arch network, they targeted YOU and were able to steal ANY wallet.dat file regardless of it staking.  Without encryption, all they need to do is scan for all .dat files, copy them and import it into their own wallet. 

It sucks that you lost your coins but there is nothing Arch can or should do.  

Thomas-s

Activity: 1274

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:24:55 AM

any news

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:39:43 AM

any news

Read the newspaper!! Cheesy

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
Askuzai

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:10:54 PM

Please explain to me how this combination of measures would be circumvented -- you're shouting at the ground. Which of these measures did you have in place when your coins were stolen? Any of them?

Try posting your credit card information up on Facebook and see how helpful they'll be in chasing down whoever uses it. 
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 03:54:02 PM

If you're wondering who will buy the Moby units, read the Forbes article below.

Behold 'The WaterNest': An Eco-Conscious, High-Tech Luxury Home That Floats

Designed to float on calm bodies of blue, EcoFloLife’s “WaterNest” is a far cry from your run-of-the-mill “house on water.”

Constructed wholly out of repurposed aluminum and laminated reclaimed timber, the UK-based company’s 98% recyclable pad offers a simple lifestyle steeped in nature, though one still cushioned with all the cutting-edge comforts of a contemporary home.

The pebble-shaped pod—whose 100-square-meter model is roomy enough to comfortably house a family four—features balconies spanning its two lengthiest sides, along with wall-sized windows that allow natural light to flood its interior during the day. Impervious to impact and corrosion, the avant-garde dwelling’s outer shell requires virtually no maintenance, while its interiors are outfitted with leak-proof teak floors capable of weathering varying temperatures, heavy humidity, and high salinity, along with DuPont™ Corian® kitchen and bathroom surfaces resistant to mold and bacteria. Read More

Italian architect Giancarlo Zema is successful in selling profitable contracts similar to Moby in design:

Jellyfish 45 - 2 million Euros contract

Amphibious 1000 €500 million contract

So, when you buy Arch, think of future contracts ArchVentures can or will have.  Grin

Cryptophile

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:27:21 PM

If you're wondering who will buy the Moby units, read the Forbes article below.

Behold 'The WaterNest': An Eco-Conscious, High-Tech Luxury Home That Floats

Designed to float on calm bodies of blue, EcoFloLife’s “WaterNest” is a far cry from your run-of-the-mill “house on water.”

Constructed wholly out of repurposed aluminum and laminated reclaimed timber, the UK-based company’s 98% recyclable pad offers a simple lifestyle steeped in nature, though one still cushioned with all the cutting-edge comforts of a contemporary home.

The pebble-shaped pod—whose 100-square-meter model is roomy enough to comfortably house a family four—features balconies spanning its two lengthiest sides, along with wall-sized windows that allow natural light to flood its interior during the day. Impervious to impact and corrosion, the avant-garde dwelling’s outer shell requires virtually no maintenance, while its interiors are outfitted with leak-proof teak floors capable of weathering varying temperatures, heavy humidity, and high salinity, along with DuPont™ Corian® kitchen and bathroom surfaces resistant to mold and bacteria. Read More

Italian architect Giancarlo Zema is successful in selling profitable contracts similar to Moby in design:

Jellyfish 45 - 2 million Euros contract

Amphibious 1000 €500 million contract

So, when you buy Arch, think of future contracts ArchVentures can or will have.  Grin

Key word = "can"
Askuzai

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:00:36 AM

That's the key word in anything -- if you want to invest in certainty put your money in funeral homes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: