Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:43:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58410 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:56:01 PM

Great job guys. This will fill one major hurdle in Bitcoin which is the difficulty in actually getting Bitcoins.

Thanks  Grin

Now if we could have the opposite. Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

At least bit-pay can do a direct deposit of cash from BTC...

Should have that launched within 4 weeks or so.

So we would be able to use your service to withdraw from Mt-gox to an US bank account?

Yup, or any bank account in 186 countries in 100 currencies  Smiley

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:57:16 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2012, 08:11:14 PM by Maged

Can someone walk my dumb a$$ through this? So, I go into Walmart and I do what now?  Undecided

I just want to be clear on the process as I'm sure the Walmart employee will not be.

Dumb a$$ #2 has same question(s).

BTW, this looks great, Yankee!

~Bruno~

Please don't start in Walmart. Start at bitinstant.com and all will be clear. Once you get to Walmart with payment slip and cash in hand, you'll be handing both to a clerk there.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:58:32 PM

have you thought about Greece? I am dead serious.

I have, if there is any Greek bitcoiner who wants to translate easywallet.org to Greek, send me an offer  Grin

Seriously, greece seems to be making headlines every day, and it would be a great opportunity to troll Greeks with bitcoins.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:59:46 PM

Can someone walk my dumb a$$ through this? So, I go into Walmart and I do what now?  Undecided

I just want to be clear on the process as I'm sure the Walmart employee will not be.

~Bruno~

Honestly the best way to learn is to do it with $20 and see how easy it is. Go through the process on BitInstant.com, and you'll see all the instructions you need.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:09:25 PM

Awesome job BitInstant!

have you thought about Greece? I am dead serious.

^ this!

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
shad0wbitz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:12:57 PM

Guys, I don't know if it is just me, but no matter what option I select for cash deposits in the US (except banks) I get a SERVER 500 ERROR. Is anybody else experiencing this?

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:13:39 PM

yea.. same here.. system overload.

Bitch, Fix this, I NEED some BitInstant! lol

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:19:04 PM

Working on it right now!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
siulynot
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:21:58 PM

Please please! Do something so that i can make a cash deposit in Puerto Rico. We are a commonwealth of United States. There are walmarts here but Zip zap says that there are no deposit locations in my territory.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:25:27 PM

Please please! Do something so that i can make a cash deposit in Puerto Rico. We are a commonwealth of United States. There are walmarts here but Zip zap says that there are no deposit locations in my territory.

Just choose any Walmart in the states, and bring it to a Walmart in Puerto Rico, should work fine.

Working on it right now!

EDIT: Fixed!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:26:34 PM

~Bruno~

All hail to Smart[phone] a$$ guru!

that the problem of b2b people lacking marketing skills offering products to general consumer - everything should be in plain sight in regards to process when dealing with general consumers.

checking out "how it works" page at bitinstant.com doesn't explain process very well at all:

How it works

BitInstant is the fastest and often easiest way to move your funds from one place to another

In a traditional transfer, your money moves from place to place, costing time each step of the way. Our solution is simple: we keep balances within each of these payment networks. As soon as we see your payment from one network, we can credit you instantly on another.

Select below for a tutorial

well, "tutorial" only has select options for "pay from" and "pay to" and couple of inputs for destination account and notification email address in what seem nonfunctional form. I don't see any tutorial there or explanations how it works exactly in terms what i should be doing. Also from this tutorial isn't clear what to use for 711/Walmart/CVS

A following explanation would pretty much clear how the process works:

- fill out simple form
- print a receipt
- take printed receipt to a store
- have a person at cash register scan the receipt (assuming that's what they will do) and pay the balance due
- when you get home, your money should be in account at selected destination ( roughly 30minutes)

done!
siulynot
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:29:15 PM

And to who do i  talk to inside walmart?
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:30:50 PM

Please, come to europe! Grin

Yes, please!
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:34:09 PM

EDIT: Fixed!

Printed the deposit receipt ok.. but on "return to merchant" I got a 404 of sorts. only text on page says "not found"

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:39:49 PM

potentially massively epic

Potentially? I think this definitively qualifies as massively epic... ESPECIALLY the part about going from Bitcoin to cash.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:44:27 PM

I just realized...

Some stores only take cash. I have gone to several where they say "there's an ATM across the street...".

I could definitely see a store saying "we accept cash or Bitcoin". "There's a 7-11 next door..."

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:45:53 PM

Charlie,

Excellent job. A few recommendations on the following screens:

The "Cash Deposit" default option in window should read "Select One" so that the person can click on the drop down menu and pick their preferred method of payment.

Next:

"Destination Account" is confusing. I liked it when the pop up help window said "email address of recipient"

The way it reads now it leads me to believe I need to have a user name or account somewhere which creates confusion and friction in the process.

Here's a use case scenario that I want to use this for:

I have an online business.
I want bitcoin, my customer only has cash.
I instruct my customer to go to BitInstant.com and select "Cash Deposit to [take your pick]"
Customer enters my email address as the "Destination account"
Customer pays in cash and I get my bitcoin - SUCCESS!

What do you think?
GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:49:48 PM

Massively cool bits, thanks for all the efforts to bring this into existance!  Will be trying out the service next trip to the big city...
brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:58:04 PM

So, for Wal-Mart, I should be choosing Cash Desposit? ZipZap? How does this even work? I assume there must be some pre-existing service at Wal-Mart and other stores where people already use this for something else?

EDIT: Apparently I had a javascript fail, or the site has been updated, because now it's quite clear.

EDIT2: Although now I'm getting an error from CashPayment.com and/or it's not loading.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:13:14 PM

~Bruno~

All hail to Smart[phone] a$$ guru!

that the problem of b2b people lacking marketing skills offering products to general consumer - everything should be in plain sight in regards to process when dealing with general consumers.

checking out "how it works" page at bitinstant.com doesn't explain process very well at all:

How it works

BitInstant is the fastest and often easiest way to move your funds from one place to another

In a traditional transfer, your money moves from place to place, costing time each step of the way. Our solution is simple: we keep balances within each of these payment networks. As soon as we see your payment from one network, we can credit you instantly on another.

Select below for a tutorial

well, "tutorial" only has select options for "pay from" and "pay to" and couple of inputs for destination account and notification email address in what seem nonfunctional form. I don't see any tutorial there or explanations how it works exactly in terms what i should be doing. Also from this tutorial isn't clear what to use for 711/Walmart/CVS

A following explanation would pretty much clear how the process works:

- fill out simple form
- print a receipt
- take printed receipt to a store
- have a person at cash register scan the receipt (assuming that's what they will do) and pay the balance due
- when you get home, your money should be in account at selected destination ( roughly 30minutes)

done!
Thanks serge! That does clear it up for me. So, I need money and a receipt from bitinstant.  I'm going to try this on my way home tonight!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: