Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:32:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58410 times)
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:14:49 PM

Hi, I think something is wrong, see:

1- I buy 100 dollars
2- Will receive 96,1 because the 3,99 fee
3- 100 dollars is 207 Reais
4- Why on boleto I need to pay 215 Reais? Should be 207

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 06:15:10 PM

So, for Wal-Mart, I should be choosing Cash Desposit? ZipZap? How does this even work? I assume there must be some pre-existing service at Wal-Mart and other stores where people already use this for something else?

EDIT: Apparently I had a javascript fail, or the site has been updated, because now it's quite clear.

EDIT2: Although now I'm getting an error from CashPayment.com and/or it's not loading.

Can you be more specific please?

Charlie,

Excellent job. A few recommendations on the following screens:

The "Cash Deposit" default option in window should read "Select One" so that the person can click on the drop down menu and pick their preferred method of payment.

Next:

"Destination Account" is confusing. I liked it when the pop up help window said "email address of recipient"

The way it reads now it leads me to believe I need to have a user name or account somewhere which creates confusion and friction in the process.

Here's a use case scenario that I want to use this for:

I have an online business.
I want bitcoin, my customer only has cash.
I instruct my customer to go to BitInstant.com and select "Cash Deposit to [take your pick]"
Customer enters my email address as the "Destination account"
Customer pays in cash and I get my bitcoin - SUCCESS!

What do you think?

Hey, thanks!!!

OK,  

The "Cash Deposit" default option in window should read "Select One" so that the person can click on the drop down menu and pick their preferred method of payment.
--> GREAT idea, we will implement that right now

"Destination Account" is confusing. I liked it when the pop up help window said "email address of recipient"

--> We're gonna make the "Destination Account" disappear when you choose 'Bitcoin to Email' and notify email will just say 'Email Address or Mobile Number' which should be simple.

Cool?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 06:16:10 PM

Hi, I think something is wrong, see:

1- I buy 100 dollars
2- Will receive 96,1 because the 3,99 fee
3- 100 dollars is 207 Reais
4- Why on boleto I need to pay 215 Reais? Should be 207

Our devs recently made some changes to the integration with Brazil, and there appears to be a display issue regarding that. If you complete the transaction, the boleto (payment slip) says R$217.37 for a USD $100 transaction, which is the correct amount. We are working on fixing the wrong number showing in the checkout screen and it should be fixed shortly within a few days.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

teste

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:26:14 PM

Sorry but maybe I'm missing something

100 dollars converted to Real is 207 Reais.
Why 217 on boleto?
brocktice

Activity: 292

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 06:26:27 PM

EDIT2: Although now I'm getting an error from CashPayment.com and/or it's not loading.

Well I had intended to but I couldn't get the error to come back up, because the CashPayment.com site wasn't even loading. But now it seems to be working, so maybe it was a momentary glitch or something. I look forward to trying this out.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 06:32:23 PM

Sorry but maybe I'm missing something

96,1 dollars converted to Real is 207 Reais.
Why 217 on boleto?

Boleto charges $3.95 on some orders.

Well I had intended to but I couldn't get the error to come back up, because the CashPayment.com site wasn't even loading. But now it seems to be working, so maybe it was a momentary glitch or something. I look forward to trying this out.

Alright thanks!

teste

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:38:52 PM

I meant 100 dollars converted to Real is 207 Reais. Not 96,1.
Hum, 3,95 from boleto. Bad to know.

I think on quote cash transaction page should be listed the boleto "fee".
jco

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:50:52 PM

I just downloaded the payment slip from the site, but it also says: Click "Create Payment Slip" to have your slip downloaded to your computer for printing and sent to the email address provided above.  However, I didn't receive an e-mail and my e-mail address isn't listed on that page.  Should I be concerned?  I want to make sure the coins go to my email address.  (using cash -> coinapult)

When I click 'Return to merchant' I get a page that just displays 'not found'

brocktice

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 06:52:24 PM

I just downloaded the payment slip from the site, but it also says: Click "Create Payment Slip" to have your slip downloaded to your computer for printing and sent to the email address provided above.  However, I didn't receive an e-mail and my e-mail address isn't listed on that page.  Should I be concerned?  I want to make sure the coins go to my email address.  (using cash -> coinapult)

I had this for wal-mart ->mtgox as well. I have the slip but never got an email.

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

jco

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:00:08 PM

I had this for wal-mart ->mtgox as well. I have the slip but never got an email.

Have you payed for it yet?  I plan on waiting til I hear back.
brocktice

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 07:02:28 PM

No, I'd have to drive 15 minutes to do it and I've got a busy day. I may not pay that particular slip at all, but I would like to do this soon, because F dwolla.

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 07:08:19 PM

No, I'd have to drive 15 minutes to do it and I've got a busy day. I may not pay that particular slip at all, but I would like to do this soon, because F dwolla.

As long as the slip was created and you have it you are good to go.

The return to merchant and email slip is a simple glitch we are fixing now.

Your quotes are in the system, we've already processed a dozen or so orders today

jco

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:19:37 PM

As long as the slip was created and you have it you are good to go.

The return to merchant and email slip is a simple glitch we are fixing now.

Your quotes are in the system, we've already processed a dozen or so orders today

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:25:26 PM

FYI

Just returned from MoneyGram
Had to call a phone
Selected Amount and MAKE PAYMENT option
Was connected to a REP in Manilla.
Gave my Phone, Name Mailing Address on a recorded call
Gave Receive Code (from Printout)
Gave Account Number  (from Printout)
Was told to go to clerk to make payment.

Clerk couldn't find payment in the machine at the counter.  Was told to call again.

Called again.

MoneyGram found existing order and deleted it.

Repeated entire process. 

Clerk still had no data on the counter terminal.

MoneyGram rep on the phone said it must be the recipient  not receiving the request??

Abandoned.

Could have been Local Vender->MoneyGram->ZipZap->BitInstant??

Are your servers overloaded?

Just curious
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:28:34 PM

Here is what I did.
I went to bitinstant.com and followed the screens through trustcash.com. After printing my payment slip I drove it to the nearest location (Wells Fargo). I gave them the exact amount for the transfer, and after a few puzzled looks from the teller she did the transfer.
That was at 2:05pm. I will update this post when the cash arrives.

EDIT: BAM! 2:19pm and I'm in the money. No ID, no delay, no hassles. This is how I will get coins in the future.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 07:44:15 PM

This is seriously awesome. I wonder how long the establishment will tolerate you leveraging their ancient and hard won infrastructure to beat them at their own corrupt game.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
siulynot
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:59:32 PM

Is ZipZap a new service??? If i go to walmart or moneygram they will know what i say to them if i mention ZipZap?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:06:32 PM

ZIP ZAP is the agent that connects all the MSB's to Bitinstant (I think).
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:16:11 PM

Is ZipZap a new service??? If i go to walmart or moneygram they will know what i say to them if i mention ZipZap?

Go through the process on the BitInstant and then ZipZap site. You will be given specific instructions how to complete the payment at the store. Try it, it works Smiley
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 08:17:55 PM

No word about this major development on http://www.zipzapinc.com/ yet though. I wonder if they aren't all that eager to promote an even newer new payment network.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: